Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,840 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

We Were Confronted With Proof Of Evidence Against Suspended Judges- CJN - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Were Confronted With Proof Of Evidence Against Suspended Judges- CJN (25203 Views)

Recall Of Suspended Judges: NJC Fires Back, Says Presidency Lied To Nigerians / DSS Yet To Forward Complaint Against Seven Arrested Judges – CJN / Femi Fani-kayode, Confronted With Multiple Fraud Cases, Sent Into EFCC Custody (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Were Confronted With Proof Of Evidence Against Suspended Judges- CJN by ihatesycophant(m): 9:33am On Nov 08, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

I watched the video and it is just as it was stated in the print media

According to him, the NJC took the new stand, “following communications it received from the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice that he was embarking on the prosecution of the affected judicial officers based on the evidence on the ground

How does this translate to the claim that the NJC was shown any evidence? Am even pissed with you for making me waste my precious MB in watching that
You guys are terrible. So you wish the Chief to speak like layman, that he received evidence against the judges. When it was expressly stated, "based on evidence on ground". Please which evidence is on ground? You guys always wish to put words in the mouth of people to align with your views. You guys will just turn ignorant to issue that is pure and true. I know if it favours you, you will not fine-tune it this way.

2 Likes

Re: We Were Confronted With Proof Of Evidence Against Suspended Judges- CJN by maiquel: 9:39am On Nov 08, 2016
Caseless:
The sudden change of position by NJC tells me there's an evidence presented which they couldn't counter.
Caseless:
The sudden change of position by NJC tells me there's an evidence presented which they couldn't counter.
Caseless:

Exactly!

2 Likes

Re: We Were Confronted With Proof Of Evidence Against Suspended Judges- CJN by chrisj2(m): 10:14am On Nov 08, 2016
“A common thread that runs through all Judiciaries is that judicial officers are traditionally accorded the highest dignity and respect by all.

This statement is indeed necessary on the surface of everything because we have to have confidence in the judiciary and a wholesome and un-corrupted judiciary underpins every other organs of a democracy...

However, the problem is that every single judge or member of the judiciary and also our legislators cannot be trusted and cannot be automatically given respect and dignity when they are no better than criminals.

The NBA and CJN should have waited for evidence before trying to use judicial immunity and what is now impunity to a lot of people... Every time these sort of things happen the traditional respect and dignity is eroded; yes, we all lose but then people caught should be made example because they are enemies of the state and worse than ordinary criminals.

They are all tainted now by association - look before you leap!

2 Likes

Re: We Were Confronted With Proof Of Evidence Against Suspended Judges- CJN by kcnwaigbo: 10:55am On Nov 08, 2016
ihatesycophant:
You guys are terrible. So you wish the Chief to speak like layman, that he received evidence against the judges. When it was expressly stated, "based on evidence on ground". Please which evidence is on ground? You guys always wish to put words in the mouth of people to align with your views. You guys will just turn ignorant to issue that is pure and true. I know if it favours you, you will not fine-tune it this way.
The evidence on ground are obviously the huge sums of money found (or planted) on them when their house was raided weeks ago
Re: We Were Confronted With Proof Of Evidence Against Suspended Judges- CJN by kcnwaigbo: 10:57am On Nov 08, 2016
blackpanda:

Shut up pls. Just stop talking cos u are embarassing yourself. Dismissal and retirement cannot, by any stretch of the imagination, be the same! Go read and update yourself
Pathetic!!! Did you bother to read even where they recommended prosecution of a judge? Smh
Re: We Were Confronted With Proof Of Evidence Against Suspended Judges- CJN by kcnwaigbo: 10:58am On Nov 08, 2016
Mendelssohn:

Reason your parents spent fortune on you to go to school......so that you won't need to be begging friends to read and interpret for you.
You obviously wasted your parents school fees if you couldn't point out the answer from the passage
Re: We Were Confronted With Proof Of Evidence Against Suspended Judges- CJN by blackpanda: 11:16am On Nov 08, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

Pathetic!!! Did you bother to read even where they recommended prosecution of a judge? Smh

Mister man, that is besides the point. Fact is NJC has failed in its duty over the years. If they were diligent, there would not have been any need for DSS action and corruption in the judiciary would be non existent.

And besides, NJC does not prosecute. Their job is to discipline which they failed. Prosecution was not even the issue u raised initially. Pls grow up!
Re: We Were Confronted With Proof Of Evidence Against Suspended Judges- CJN by olayinkafuny80(m): 11:29am On Nov 08, 2016

1 Like

Re: We Were Confronted With Proof Of Evidence Against Suspended Judges- CJN by kcnwaigbo: 12:38pm On Nov 08, 2016
blackpanda:

Mister man, that is besides the point. Fact is NJC has failed in its duty over the years. If they were diligent, there would not have been any need for DSS action and corruption in the judiciary would be non existent.

And besides, NJC does not prosecute. Their job is to discipline which they failed. Prosecution was not even the issue u raised initially. Pls grow up!
But the DSS are yet to prove the judges are corrupt? What exactly has the DSS achieved so far?
Re: We Were Confronted With Proof Of Evidence Against Suspended Judges- CJN by jogojogo: 12:58pm On Nov 08, 2016
odiks:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/11/confronted-proof-evidence-suspended-judges-cjn/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRK5QJzdTsg

The CJN, who disclosed this while swearing in two new Justices into the Supreme Court bench, yesterday, said the NJC, which previously insisted that the Judges would not step aside as requested by the NBA, changed its position after it was shown “evidence on the ground.[color=#990000][/color]

Even with the above, some people still insist that they can't see. I pity for supporters of corruption. But why are some Nigerians like this?

1 Like

Re: We Were Confronted With Proof Of Evidence Against Suspended Judges- CJN by AlanSugar(m): 1:43pm On Nov 08, 2016
kcnwaigbo:
I have read the whole speech as published here and yet did not see where the CJN said they were confronted with any evidence. This headline is dubious to say the least

The CJN, who disclosed this while swearing in two new Justices into the Supreme Court bench, yesterday, said the NJC, which previously insisted that the Judges would not step aside as requested by the NBA, changed its position after it was shown “evidence on the ground.”

Pls blame not your inability to read and understand by posting wrong information here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Were Confronted With Proof Of Evidence Against Suspended Judges- CJN by AlanSugar(m): 1:47pm On Nov 08, 2016
kcnwaigbo:
According to him, the NJC took the new stand, “following communications it received from the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice that he was embarking on the prosecution of the affected judicial officers based on the evidence on the ground.”

How exactly does the above statement translate to the NJC been shown proof against the judges? This vanguard headline is misleading

Perhaps this will help you and your 9 others....

The CJN, who disclosed this while swearing in two new Justices into the Supreme Court bench, yesterday, said the NJC, which previously insisted that the Judges would not step aside as requested by the NBA, changed its position after it was shown “evidence on the ground.”

Or are you looking for the word 'new'?

2 Likes

Re: We Were Confronted With Proof Of Evidence Against Suspended Judges- CJN by Proudlyngwa(m): 1:54pm On Nov 08, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
Observing........

Waiting for the day EFCC will invite Buratai, Babachir Lawal and Abba Kyari..

Back from a lovely BAN grin
Lovely Ban

Re: We Were Confronted With Proof Of Evidence Against Suspended Judges- CJN by blackpanda: 2:02pm On Nov 08, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

But the DSS are yet to prove the judges are corrupt? What exactly has the DSS achieved so far?

Is there no limit to your ignorance
DSS dont need to prove anything to you. You are not a judge or a magistrate!

1 Like

Re: We Were Confronted With Proof Of Evidence Against Suspended Judges- CJN by SamuelAnyawu(m): 2:05pm On Nov 08, 2016
Proudlyngwa:
Lovely Ban

grin grin no mind Mods
Re: We Were Confronted With Proof Of Evidence Against Suspended Judges- CJN by Proudlyngwa(m): 2:07pm On Nov 08, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:

grin grin no mind Mods
What did you do, so we can learn
Re: We Were Confronted With Proof Of Evidence Against Suspended Judges- CJN by SamuelAnyawu(m): 2:32pm On Nov 08, 2016
Proudlyngwa:
What did you do, so we can learn

I Called an APC E-warrior a Zombie grin
Re: We Were Confronted With Proof Of Evidence Against Suspended Judges- CJN by Proudlyngwa(m): 2:36pm On Nov 08, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:

I Called an APC E-warrior a Zombie grin
Only?
Akantbelieve it

1 Like

Re: We Were Confronted With Proof Of Evidence Against Suspended Judges- CJN by Geniro: 2:58pm On Nov 08, 2016
AlanSugar:

[s]Perhaps this will help you and your 9 others....

Or are you looking for the word 'new'? [/s]

Useless lies . the CJN never alluded to that. the NJC changed her position when the Minister of justice indicated their desire to prosecute the judges based on the evidence they have and not that shown to the NJC

I double dare any ediot to prove otherwise.
Re: We Were Confronted With Proof Of Evidence Against Suspended Judges- CJN by Geniro: 2:59pm On Nov 08, 2016
jogojogo:

The CJN, who disclosed this while swearing in two new Justices into the Supreme Court bench, yesterday, said the NJC, which previously insisted that the Judges would not step aside as requested by the NBA, changed its position after it was shown “evidence on the ground.[color=#990000][/color]

Even with the above, some people still insist that they can't see. I pity for supporters of corruption. But why are some Nigerians like this?

Useless lies . the CJN never alluded to that. the NJC changed her position when the Minister of justice indicated their desire to prosecute the judges based on the evidence they have and not that shown to the NJC

Did you even watch the video ?
Re: We Were Confronted With Proof Of Evidence Against Suspended Judges- CJN by Geniro: 3:01pm On Nov 08, 2016
odiks:

Help me show him the video evidence. Tell him to start watching from 1:45 minutes of the video. The guy is terrible

Re: We Were Confronted With Proof Of Evidence Against Suspended Judges- CJN by Geniro: 3:02pm On Nov 08, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

I watched the video and it is just as it was stated in the print media

According to him, the NJC took the new stand, “following communications it received from the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice that he was embarking on the prosecution of the affected judicial officers based on the evidence on the ground

How does this translate to the claim that the NJC was shown any evidence? Am even pissed with you for making me waste my precious MB in watching that

These APC urchins are just pathetic, they never even bothered to watch the video link they provided.
Re: We Were Confronted With Proof Of Evidence Against Suspended Judges- CJN by Geniro: 3:05pm On Nov 08, 2016
989900D:

That Kwaciwhatever guy is some utterly shameless tool, let him be.

You are the shameless tool here.

Your uselsss lies won't fly here.

The CJN never alluded to that. the NJC changed her position when the Minister of justice indicated their desire to prosecute the judges based on the evidence they have and not that shown to the NJC

Re: We Were Confronted With Proof Of Evidence Against Suspended Judges- CJN by Geniro: 3:07pm On Nov 08, 2016
omenka:
[s]Do you know the meaning of putting a writing in quotation marks in a report?? Do you know the implication of doing so when indeed the alleged author of the statement never said those exact words?? Do you know the meaning of libel. Do you think a reporter could be so dumb as to put what the Chief Justice of Nigeria didn't exactly say in quotation marks??

The portion you are quoting were in quotation marks, and that which I quoted were also in quotation marks, but you want people to believe he didn't say the words I quoted EXPLICITLY. Are you sure you are okay

Oh, let me guess, you were at the occasion when the remarks were made, heard him say the portion you quoted but didn't hear him say he was presented with "evidence on ground".

Some of you are simply too darn ignorant to be engaged.

Have a nice day.[/s]

Re: We Were Confronted With Proof Of Evidence Against Suspended Judges- CJN by kcnwaigbo: 4:12pm On Nov 08, 2016
AlanSugar:

Pls blame not your inability to read and understand by posting wrong information here.
Are you stupid or plain dumb? Is that a quotation from the CJN?
Re: We Were Confronted With Proof Of Evidence Against Suspended Judges- CJN by kcnwaigbo: 4:13pm On Nov 08, 2016
blackpanda:

Is there no limit to your ignorance
DSS dont need to prove anything to you. You are not a judge or a magistrate!
They have not even proved anything yet to the NJC whose members are judges
Re: We Were Confronted With Proof Of Evidence Against Suspended Judges- CJN by Heavely: 4:21pm On Nov 08, 2016
Hahahahahahahaha judges
Let us shun corruption
Re: We Were Confronted With Proof Of Evidence Against Suspended Judges- CJN by blackpanda: 4:22pm On Nov 08, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

They have not even proved anything yet to the NJC whose members are judges

Lol. My dear you are just something
You really should go back to primary school. Your level of ignorance is epic! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Were Confronted With Proof Of Evidence Against Suspended Judges- CJN by amyzon: 4:53pm On Nov 08, 2016
blackpanda:
Everytime wailers think they can humiliate the President, they end up getting shamed. Fact is Nigeria hasnt seen this style of leadership in a loong time, such that we have completely forgotten what it means to live corrupt-free and with integrity. When Buhari refused to sign the padded budget, wailers went to town calling him all sorts of names. At the end, it turned out the President was right and justified as members of NA began exposing themselves. Same thing with the raiding of the corrupt judges. Here again, the President's moves have once again been justified. Buhari is indeed God's gift to Nigeria at this time!

Sorry u said that, but buhari is the worst President to ever rule Nigeria. Pls tell him to stop flying and borrowing. Tell him to look for a way to manage and grow our economic with what we have. And not looking for were to sale Nigeria for $30bn
Re: We Were Confronted With Proof Of Evidence Against Suspended Judges- CJN by femarse: 6:36pm On Nov 08, 2016
kcnwaigbo:
According to him, the NJC took the new stand, “following communications it received from the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice that he was embarking on the prosecution of the affected judicial officers based on the evidence on the ground.”

How exactly does the above statement translate to the NJC been shown proof against the judges? This vanguard headline is misleading

why not tell them to bring the proof to your house so ur corrupt mind can be satisfied
Re: We Were Confronted With Proof Of Evidence Against Suspended Judges- CJN by blackpanda: 7:09pm On Nov 08, 2016
amyzon:

Sorry u said that, but buhari is the worst President to ever rule Nigeria. Pls tell him to stop flying and borrowing. Tell him to look for a way to manage and grow our economic with what we have. And not looking for were to sale Nigeria for $30bn

What do u have
Re: We Were Confronted With Proof Of Evidence Against Suspended Judges- CJN by 989900D: 10:16pm On Nov 08, 2016
Geniro:

[s]You are the shameless tool here.

Your uselsss lies won't fly here.

The CJN never alluded to that. the NJC changed her position when the Minister of justice indicated their desire to prosecute the judges based on the evidence they have and not that shown to the NJC

Did you even watch the video ?[/s]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

469 NASS Members Have Five Aides Each – Deputy Speaker / Southern Cameroun Joins IPOB In Biafra Struggle / Court Refuses To Stop Collation Of Rivers Election Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.