Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,032 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

The Powers Of Saying "I Am Sorry" - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Powers Of Saying "I Am Sorry" (578 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie: 'I Am Sorry For Men, They Can't Have Motherhood' / I Am Sorry For Criticizing Buhari – Soyinka - / US Poll: Wole Soyinka Trends On Twitter For Saying He'll Destroy His Green Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Powers Of Saying "I Am Sorry" by Imoh555(m): 5:13pm On Feb 11, 2017
POWER OF *I AM SORRY.*
*I am sorry,* a short but mighty sentence!
If you wish to live long, don't joke with this short sentence, *I am sorry.* Do you know how many people who had gone to early graves because they neglected the therapeutic power of *I am sorry.*
Most of the troubles in most homes are heightened because wives are too big to say *I am sorry* to their husbands and you can trust the ego of husbands in saying same to their wives.
Quarrel lingers between friends because no party wants to say *I am sorry.* Each says or asks, why should I be the first to say *I am sorry?* He or she would beat his or her chest and utter the ego phrase, *a whole me!*
Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the part of the world where saying *I am sorry* is a hard nut to crack while curses are easily unleashed.
Welcome to the part of the world where people refer to a person who says *I am sorry* in a midst of a rift as a *weaker sex*: one who is not man enough; one who is foolish.

Welcome to Africa where saying *I am sorry* is tougher than forcing a donkey to pass through a needle hole.
All of us are victims of this discussion. We have lost valuable assets, money and even lives because of this cheap and affordable sentence *I am sorry.* It simply cost only a breath of speech.
Have you ever wondered why domestic violence is less pronounced in the western world? It is simply because they understand the efficacy of "I am sorry".

Friends, this is simply a piece to encourage us to cultivate a habit of saying *I am sorry.* It is difficult but readily affordable.
I use to find it very difficult to say #IamSorry, but trust me I do it now bcoz it's has gain me nothing
Learn how to say *I AM SORRY* even if you are right.
If I have offended you in one way or the other, *I am sorry*
My apologies

Written by EMMANUEL KINGS for www.ogashub.com.ng

http://ogashub.com.ng/the-powers-of-admiting-wrong-deeds-and-saying-i-am-sorry/

Re: The Powers Of Saying "I Am Sorry" by MaverickExcel1(m): 9:28pm On Feb 11, 2017
Thanks a lot or sharing this useful piece about the importance of saying sorry. God bless you.

You can make lots of money from this your exceptional writing skills. Check my signature

(1) (Reply)

Happy New Month To You All / The Power Of Life & Death- A Short Story / Five Unrealistic Scene In Game Of Thrones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.