Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,268 members, 7,957,660 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:06 PM

10 Lessons From Serving (NYSC) In Osun: I Will Miss The State Of Osun - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / 10 Lessons From Serving (NYSC) In Osun: I Will Miss The State Of Osun (3446 Views)

Female Corper Crying Because Of 33k She Will Miss From NYSC / What Are The Best States To Do NYSC In Nigeria? / 6 Things I Learnt From Serving In Enugu State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Lessons From Serving (NYSC) In Osun: I Will Miss The State Of Osun by Nobody: 10:40am On Nov 09, 2016
I found out that service can be so enjoyable, no matter where it is carried out. Straight to the point, below are some lessons from serving in Osun:

1. Its "State Of Osun" and not 'Osun State'!

2. Nigeria has a lot of agricultural products in commercial quantities that are in hot demand abroad e.g cocoa, kola, etc

3. Nigeria as a country remains divided; present politics is an embodiment of Buhari vs Jonathan. The pair are backed by those from their geographical locations. Its even affecting our normal life. Corpers are closer to one another just when they share one dialect.

4. Yoruba also calls fish "okwe'koo". That's what we (Igede) call it in Benue

5. If you want to be average, you need your friends and family; but if you want to be great, you need your enemies! That's because when you fail, your loved ones will tell you "at least you tried". But when you succeed, your enemies will be like: " ordinary Murano wey im buy, e no go allow person hear word with horn; no be im mate de buy Bugatti?". That was my principal's quote

6. "Under the sun or in the rain" is not true for all Corpers

7. There is just this innate joy from being of service to people

8. One can cope with a N19, 000 monthly pay

9. The beauty of service is in the eyes of the served. Those pretty smiles on the faces of those children (students) is priceless!

10. The percentage of half-baked graduates in Nigeria is higher than that of ethanol in gin.

11. Osun Kopas feel free to add your's cool

1 Like

Re: 10 Lessons From Serving (NYSC) In Osun: I Will Miss The State Of Osun by Elthugnificent(m): 12:05pm On Nov 09, 2016
Fully baked graduate, you said 8 lessons but you ended up issuing 10.
However, your point number 5 makes sense.
Re: 10 Lessons From Serving (NYSC) In Osun: I Will Miss The State Of Osun by Akinlekanwr(m): 11:36pm On Nov 09, 2016
Elthugnificent:
Fully baked graduate, you said 8 lessons but you ended up issuing 10.
However, your point number 5 makes sense.

Seconded
Re: 10 Lessons From Serving (NYSC) In Osun: I Will Miss The State Of Osun by justifiedcoyy(m): 1:26am On Nov 10, 2016
I don't understand number 4.

fish is "eja" in Yoruba not "okwe koo" I don't even understand that, not sure have heard it before.
Re: 10 Lessons From Serving (NYSC) In Osun: I Will Miss The State Of Osun by ajoskele(m): 7:55am On Nov 10, 2016
justifiedcoyy:
I don't understand number 4.

fish is "eja" in Yoruba not "okwe koo" I don't even understand that, not sure have heard it before.
He meant 'Oku Eko'. I am sure he didn't know it is spelt like this.
Re: 10 Lessons From Serving (NYSC) In Osun: I Will Miss The State Of Osun by coolbreezy01: 8:15am On Nov 10, 2016
Nice one op but ehn op u see ehn that one about standing in the sun and rain...

You know all fingers are not equal na haba.

Person that come to camp receiving like 50k manna from above and you that na only allowee get you.

Na d same shoe una dey....let's be frank now

1 Like

Re: 10 Lessons From Serving (NYSC) In Osun: I Will Miss The State Of Osun by Nobody: 10:01am On Nov 10, 2016
This 'lessons' of yours make no sense though. Still looking for practical stuffs to relate with as per their culture and personal experienc.

Re: 10 Lessons From Serving (NYSC) In Osun: I Will Miss The State Of Osun by Nobody: 2:16pm On Nov 10, 2016
ajoskele:
Yes. That's right,please forgive my spelling smiley

1 Like

Re: 10 Lessons From Serving (NYSC) In Osun: I Will Miss The State Of Osun by Nobody: 2:19pm On Nov 10, 2016
coolbreezy01:
Nice one op but ehn op u see ehn that one about standing in the sun and rain...

You know all fingers are not equal na haba.

Person that come to camp receiving like 50k manna from above and you that na only allowee get you.

Na d same shoe una dey....let's be frank now
What if you were asked to stand under the sun, or in the rain for 50k? wink
Re: 10 Lessons From Serving (NYSC) In Osun: I Will Miss The State Of Osun by Nobody: 2:30pm On Nov 10, 2016
radiokilla:
This 'lessons' of yours make no sense though. Still looking for practical stuffs to relate with as per their culture and personal experienc.
To you, right? Well, no p. For their culture, I am based in the SW hence I'm not a stranger to them; for personal experiences, of course they were summed up to give the list smiley
Re: 10 Lessons From Serving (NYSC) In Osun: I Will Miss The State Of Osun by coolbreezy01: 2:58pm On Nov 10, 2016
TuCloz:
What if you were asked to stand under the sun, or in the rain for 50k? wink
Hehe you didn't add that one before now... Em let me go and think about e hear!

1 Like

Re: 10 Lessons From Serving (NYSC) In Osun: I Will Miss The State Of Osun by Spencer63(m): 4:25am On Nov 13, 2016
how much does Osun pays?
Re: 10 Lessons From Serving (NYSC) In Osun: I Will Miss The State Of Osun by mayowa1111: 1:09pm On Nov 13, 2016
ajoskele:
oku eko is ijesha kaguage

(1) (Reply)

My LI And Fellow Corpers Want To Kill Me, Akwa Ibom Corper Raise Alarm / NYSC 2018: Batch B Mobilisation Might Be June - Comrade Goodluck / What Is The exact Date For 2012 Batch B Passing Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.