Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,427 members, 7,819,554 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

Omokri To Soyinka: Think Twice Before Tearing Your US Green Card - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Omokri To Soyinka: Think Twice Before Tearing Your US Green Card (48642 Views)

Tam David-West To Soyinka: Cut Your Green Card, Keep To Your Word / BBC Links Reno Omokri To Facebok Page Supporting Donald Trump / From Reno Omokri To Ben Bruce - Citizens Are Starting To Feel The Change (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Omokri To Soyinka: Think Twice Before Tearing Your US Green Card by Limitednow: 12:04pm On Nov 09, 2016
RENO Omokri, a former aide to the former President, Goodluck Jonathan has advised Nigerian Nobel Prize winner, Prof. Wole Soyinka to think twice before tearing his United State green card.

The statement is in response to a comment credited to Soyinka while addressing some students in the United State.

Soyinka had boasted that he would tear his green card if the Republic Candidate, Donald Trump emerged the winner of the Presidential election.

Mr Soyinka said he feared the Republic candidate would ask all green-card holders to reapply to come back into the US.

“Well, I’m not waiting for that,” the Nigerian author told his student audience.

“The moment they announce his [Trump’s] victory, I will cut my green card myself and start packing up,” he added.

Responding to the comment, Omokri said “Dear Professor Wole Soyinka, please think twice before you tear your Green Card. You may find the recession back home hard to deal with!”

The former aide also pointed to a self-acclaimed man of God, Prophet of Synagogue Church of All Nations (SCOAN) T.B Joshua who predicted that Democratic candidate, Hillary Clinton will win the election in a narrow victory against her Republican rival.

Prophet Joshua had said “Ten days ago, I saw the new President of America with a narrow win,”

“By the way, in order not to keep you in suspense, what I frankly saw is a woman.”

Omokri who didn’t hide his position on the failed prediction said “Dear TB Joshua. Who gave you your prophecy? My God is not a man that He would lie neither is He the son of man that He would repent!”

http://www.socialtimesng.com/2016/11/omokri-to-soyinka-think-twice-before-tearing-your-us-green-card/

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Omokri To Soyinka: Think Twice Before Tearing Your US Green Card by Limitednow: 12:07pm On Nov 09, 2016
Lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: Omokri To Soyinka: Think Twice Before Tearing Your US Green Card by somez(m): 12:13pm On Nov 09, 2016
Abeg, nigerians should calm down on this Us election o. Dont be surprised, someone would soon come out wanting to trek from Aba to Washington all in the name of Trump's victory.

196 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Omokri To Soyinka: Think Twice Before Tearing Your US Green Card by striker9(m): 12:13pm On Nov 09, 2016
he thinks he's been funny now.. smh

4 Likes

Re: Omokri To Soyinka: Think Twice Before Tearing Your US Green Card by Nobody: 12:42pm On Nov 09, 2016
This Omokri must be mentally unstable

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Omokri To Soyinka: Think Twice Before Tearing Your US Green Card by inkon: 12:45pm On Nov 09, 2016
Dear Soyinka, I'll be waiting for you at the airport.... lol

117 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Omokri To Soyinka: Think Twice Before Tearing Your US Green Card by bligs: 1:08pm On Nov 09, 2016
Wole Soyinka be like grin grin grin

368 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Omokri To Soyinka: Think Twice Before Tearing Your US Green Card by sammyj: 2:26pm On Nov 09, 2016
Omokri is mentally derailed and lack respect for his elders for throwing shades at the Prof. thats all!!! angry shocked tongue

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Omokri To Soyinka: Think Twice Before Tearing Your US Green Card by hucienda: 2:26pm On Nov 09, 2016
cheesy cheesy cheesy

"Somone cannor play wit yu? Is dah how yu use to do ..." - WS

As for the 'prophet' ...
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omokri To Soyinka: Think Twice Before Tearing Your US Green Card by Samogbo1(m): 2:26pm On Nov 09, 2016
We go soon hear say a Nairalander kills sef due to Trump's victory.

9 Likes

Re: Omokri To Soyinka: Think Twice Before Tearing Your US Green Card by BazyLastard: 2:26pm On Nov 09, 2016
Soyinka please don't tear that Green Card O

I am willing to buy fairly used Green card abeg

80 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Omokri To Soyinka: Think Twice Before Tearing Your US Green Card by BCISLTD: 2:26pm On Nov 09, 2016
sad ask him

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Omokri To Soyinka: Think Twice Before Tearing Your US Green Card by Nobody: 2:26pm On Nov 09, 2016
undecided
Re: Omokri To Soyinka: Think Twice Before Tearing Your US Green Card by Godprotectigbos(f): 2:27pm On Nov 09, 2016
WHO TAKE SOYINka serious ........ SOmebody that only introduce cultism to nigeria INSITUTION

what IS THE impact of OFONJAS IN THIS COUNTRY SEF......ONLY to claim we own LAGOS......OMO NILESSS

BUT anyway had it been Clinton won all ofonja will be here saying rubbish...as if igbos dont support clinton

THIS US ELECTION is 50/50 both igbos and yoruba like Clinton and trump

38 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Omokri To Soyinka: Think Twice Before Tearing Your US Green Card by BrutalJab: 2:27pm On Nov 09, 2016
Soyinka is an Afonja, he will surely eat his own word. grin

T.B Joshua predicted that Clinton will win, most Nigerians and Nairalanders said he is stating the obvious cos the results are glaring.

Trump wins, they turn around to insult the man. Below are some people's comment.

Most people have edited there comments.

Make una leave the man jare.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Omokri To Soyinka: Think Twice Before Tearing Your US Green Card by Tytylion(m): 2:28pm On Nov 09, 2016
TB Joshua is always a joke,I wish to see him in stand up comedy show soon

8 Likes

Re: Omokri To Soyinka: Think Twice Before Tearing Your US Green Card by dunkem21(m): 2:28pm On Nov 09, 2016
A very important announcement..

. . The Nigerian president is yet to Congratulate Trump.. His media aides should wake up from slumber, get their act together and scribble something before 24 hours elapse. .

.. and Thank me later wink

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Omokri To Soyinka: Think Twice Before Tearing Your US Green Card by 4dor: 2:28pm On Nov 09, 2016
Reno a known political jobber from the Atiku days to the GEJ era, a man that has not for once put his life on the line for anything in this country or abroad thinks it's a good idea to throw shots at Soyinka a man that has fought corrupt and fascist regimes since the late 50s till date, a man who single handedly almost overthrew the corrupt regime of Akintola in the 50s, a man that almost died for his support of Biafra, a man still active up to the point he practically defended GEJ against the Yar'adua cabal.

It's no big deal, 2016 is really a strange year, hopefully our children won't grow up learning history that has been twisted.

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Omokri To Soyinka: Think Twice Before Tearing Your US Green Card by ceeethru(m): 2:28pm On Nov 09, 2016
Hypocrisy is when you don't want your own country to govern by woman and you want other country to do so. Hmmmmmmmm APC fans on my mind.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omokri To Soyinka: Think Twice Before Tearing Your US Green Card by Davidblen(m): 2:28pm On Nov 09, 2016
Arabs Be Like

48 Likes

Re: Omokri To Soyinka: Think Twice Before Tearing Your US Green Card by dunkem21(m): 2:29pm On Nov 09, 2016
Samogbo1:
We go soon hear say a Nairalander kills sef due to Trump's victory.

cheesy

1 Like

Re: Omokri To Soyinka: Think Twice Before Tearing Your US Green Card by ibroh22(m): 2:29pm On Nov 09, 2016
ok o
Re: Omokri To Soyinka: Think Twice Before Tearing Your US Green Card by bukynkwuenu: 2:30pm On Nov 09, 2016
nigerians b like...america is making a mistake by voting trump...una don turn advisers...wo vote buhari 4 nigeria

.na so 1grandma 4 my area dey para dis morning say trump dey win...woman way neva go local airport b4....

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omokri To Soyinka: Think Twice Before Tearing Your US Green Card by snipesdam(m): 2:30pm On Nov 09, 2016
bligs:
Wole Soyinka be like grin grin grin

Typical Chameleon. Yoloba man

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Omokri To Soyinka: Think Twice Before Tearing Your US Green Card by Kaybaba5(m): 2:30pm On Nov 09, 2016
Abeg the message seen by prophet T.B joshua was not clearly seeing. He just assumed that the person should be a woman.

2 Likes

Re: Omokri To Soyinka: Think Twice Before Tearing Your US Green Card by kingcomet(m): 2:30pm On Nov 09, 2016
ok
Re: Omokri To Soyinka: Think Twice Before Tearing Your US Green Card by Oluwabenny: 2:30pm On Nov 09, 2016
on my way to seize that green card.....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omokri To Soyinka: Think Twice Before Tearing Your US Green Card by Danpotter(m): 2:30pm On Nov 09, 2016
Soyinka's balls are pinned with safety pins

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omokri To Soyinka: Think Twice Before Tearing Your US Green Card by wellmax(m): 2:31pm On Nov 09, 2016
Omokri talks too much

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Omokri To Soyinka: Think Twice Before Tearing Your US Green Card by dunkem21(m): 2:31pm On Nov 09, 2016
somez:
Abeg, nigerians should calm down on this Us election o. Dont be surprised, someone would soon come out wanting to trek from Aba to Washington all in the name of Trump's victory.

Nice idea.. I will try this cool

1 Like

Re: Omokri To Soyinka: Think Twice Before Tearing Your US Green Card by Mikehell(m): 2:31pm On Nov 09, 2016
Make una let dis matter rest jare.... Nigerians always cry more than d bereaved... cool cool cool

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fayose Reacts To Shooting At APC Rally, Blasts Fayemi / Maryam Umar: Corper Rots In Boko Haram Custody / FAKE NEWS. PLEASE IGNORE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.