Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,853 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City (57880 Views)

Tarpaulin Fish Pond Price List - Cost Of Different Sizes Of Mobile Fish Ponds / This Snake Threatening My Fish Pond Was Killed Today (Photos) / Need A Project Manager For Your Farm Project,factory And Construction Project? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by rattlesnake(m): 8:44pm On Nov 30, 2016
if we focued on post like this instead of jidenna and davido Nigeria would have been better than now

okare omo

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by Nobody: 8:48pm On Nov 30, 2016
This is one business I'm planning to get in on, amongst other ventures,good one bro
Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by Nuel25846(m): 8:51pm On Nov 30, 2016
I am interested....would like to invest.

1 Like

Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by Nobody: 8:53pm On Nov 30, 2016
Heard this is pretty lucrative in Nigeria at the moment, good luck with your endeavours and may it prosper

3 Likes

Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by InvertedHammer: 8:53pm On Nov 30, 2016
Good job.

=========================================================================================
Anyone knowledgeable, competent and interested in moulding 9 inches and 6 inches blocks in Anambra State:

It is preferable if you have a mobile block moulding machine.

9 inches: 5,000 pcs
6 inches: 3,000 pcs

Materials and logistics will be provided.

Kindly send your information, quotation to anergeshammer@gmail.com

==========================================================================================

1 Like

Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by Smooyis(m): 8:54pm On Nov 30, 2016
Is it possible to rear tilapia fish. I don't really like cat fish.

2 Likes

Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by dayleke: 9:00pm On Nov 30, 2016
Nice
Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by WizBLANCE(m): 9:05pm On Nov 30, 2016
Yet some graduates keep singing that popular song titled NO JOB... May God crown your effort with success bro. Yet some graduates keep singing that popular song titled NO JOB... May God crown your effort with success. bro.[/b]Yet some graduates keep singing that popular song titled NO JOB... May God crown your effort with success bro.

1 Like

Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by olanyte: 9:05pm On Nov 30, 2016
Well-done good idea I wish you best luck in your pursuit,pls can I know the cost implications and if I can have your number thanks
Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by jinxet2000: 9:06pm On Nov 30, 2016
Can we research food alternative that fish can eat which can be processed by the farmers instead of depending on the increase of feed? I think this is one way, things can get settling. Always have alternatives and smart ways to turnaround situation in your favor.

paulavon:

It is true the price of fish feed has gone up, also the price of 1kg fish has increased from N500 to N650- N700, so the price of fish balance the increase in the cost of feed which means the biz is still profitable. You can also pelette your own feed in other to reduce cost spent on feeds.
Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by datigbogirl: 9:11pm On Nov 30, 2016
paulavon:
I have completed the construction but I didn't plaster the outside yet. I have stocked about 3000 post- juveniles already and they are doing fine.

Where did you train for this stuff...
Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by paulavon: 9:36pm On Nov 30, 2016
datigbogirl:

Where did you train for this stuff...

You don't need training, the engineer building my house we joined heads together and design the pond and build it.
Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by Nobody: 9:42pm On Nov 30, 2016
I don't like fish but...this is really impressive.
Bless you op.
Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by paulavon: 9:42pm On Nov 30, 2016
jinxet2000:
Can we research food alternative that fish can eat which can be processed by the farmers instead of depending on the increase of feed? I think this is one way, things can get settling. Always have alternatives and smart ways to turnaround situation in your favor.

The only alternative now is to use same local ingredients used in the foreign feeds to formulate your own feeds,that will reduce the cost on feeds.

1 Like

Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by Dalyjay(m): 9:42pm On Nov 30, 2016
great,
Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by paulavon: 9:43pm On Nov 30, 2016
Polyphony:
I don't like fish but...this is really impressive.
Bless you op.

It is a good business, you just gat to like it

1 Like

Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by madjune(m): 9:46pm On Nov 30, 2016
I'm so proud of this.

May God bless your hands Paulavon.

1 Like

Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by paulavon: 9:48pm On Nov 30, 2016
rattlesnake:
if we focued on post like this instead of jidenna and davido Nigeria would have been better than now

okare omo

My brother it seems Nairaland does not promote educative materials, I knew what it took me to compile these pics daily as the work progresses. I was afraid it won't make front page. I have more articles to write but it is discouraging when the mods do not consider them front page worthy

3 Likes

Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by paulavon: 9:48pm On Nov 30, 2016
madjune:
I'm so proud of this.

May God bless your hands Paulavon.

Thank you very much
Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by paulavon: 9:51pm On Nov 30, 2016
olanyte:
Well-done good idea I wish you best luck in your pursuit,pls can I know the cost implications and if I can have your number thanks

You can set up this 7 ponds with a total of N750,000

6 Likes

Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by paulavon: 9:54pm On Nov 30, 2016
I feel happy that this thread finally hits front page,those interested in fish pond construction can benefit from it.

1 Like

Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by Skoopy(m): 9:58pm On Nov 30, 2016
@OP: don't you think the blocks would absorb too much water and probably loose it's strength? Just asking.
Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by paulavon: 9:59pm On Nov 30, 2016
1bkaye:
Heard this is pretty lucrative in Nigeria at the moment, good luck with your endeavours and may it prosper

Thanks for your nice words,we pray fish farmers keep prospering

1 Like

Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by LargeBrown(m): 10:00pm On Nov 30, 2016
paulavon:

It is true the price of fish feed has gone up, also the price of 1kg fish has increased from N500 to N650- N700, so the price of fish balance the increase in the cost of feed which means the biz is still profitable. You can also pelette your own feed in other to reduce cost spent on feeds.
..like how much can kick start this venture bro...been lookin for a reliable source on wat it ll cost 2 start..thanks
Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by souleymon(m): 10:01pm On Nov 30, 2016
What was total cost of set up...
I have seen the answer above.sometimes pages on nairaland is messed up
Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by paulavon: 10:02pm On Nov 30, 2016
Skoopy:
@OP: don't you think the blocks would absorb too much water and probably loose it's strength? Just asking.

The blocks have no contact with the water, we did a first layer of plastering which was quite thick before the final plastering and smoothening.
Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by oketoyinboshola(m): 10:02pm On Nov 30, 2016
God bless your business IJN

1 Like

Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by rakish(m): 10:06pm On Nov 30, 2016
Pls what is the capital for starting this business? I always have a soft spot for fish farming. Good Job.

1 Like

Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by Drdonzeez(m): 10:07pm On Nov 30, 2016
paulavon:

The fishes are growing real fast
Between fish farming and poultry,which is more profitable?
Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by unuane1(m): 10:07pm On Nov 30, 2016
nice venture op. love this plenty
Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by paulavon: 10:11pm On Nov 30, 2016
LargeBrown:
..like how much can kick start this venture bro...been lookin for a reliable source on wat it ll cost 2 start..thanks

It depends on how big or small you intend to start. If you don't have much money and wants to start small, you can go for tarpaulin ponds rather than concrete. If you don't have a land but you have a space in your compound you can construct like 3 tarpaulin ponds and start from there. Give me an estimate of the funds you intend to start with and what you have already and I will tell you the cost.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja / Plantain Sucker Planting Season / Hardworking Female Farmer Processing Garri (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.