Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,680 members, 7,816,784 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City (57879 Views)

Tarpaulin Fish Pond Price List - Cost Of Different Sizes Of Mobile Fish Ponds / This Snake Threatening My Fish Pond Was Killed Today (Photos) / Need A Project Manager For Your Farm Project,factory And Construction Project? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by fakati(m): 10:55am On Dec 01, 2016
Great job God bless u
Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by victme1(m): 11:25am On Dec 01, 2016
Well done bro. The lizard dt fell frm d iroko tree, e look left come look right him no somebody to praise am come praise himself by noddingn his head. Once again well done.

My question be, how will u manage the waste water odour. I can see some houses around. So won't ur neighbours protest
Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by BELEXYFARMS(m): 11:28am On Dec 01, 2016
Fish Farming Group on telegram for those interested : https:///joinchat/CHPpakDYjADp7Btz6oPgew
Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by paulavon: 12:55pm On Dec 01, 2016
phemmyutd:

Bro, please I need ur contact, I am about to embark on this project aswell

It is good to know you want to embark on such project. My email address is in the thread, you can write me
Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by paulavon: 12:57pm On Dec 01, 2016
victme1:
Well done bro. The lizard dt fell frm d iroko tree, e look left come look right him no somebody to praise am come praise himself by noddingn his head. Once again well done.

My question be, how will u manage the waste water odour. I can see some houses around. So won't ur neighbours protest

There is no Iota of odour from the pond, we change the water every 3-4 days
Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by paulavon: 1:03pm On Dec 01, 2016
[quote author=duullie88 post=51532405]Interesting.. I have been wanting to start a business like this.. what is d maximum number of fish I can stock up with two tarpaulin ponds.. how much will it take to feed to harvest stage

God bless OP[/quote

A 12ft by 10ft tarpaulin pond will carry 1000 fishes each, budget 550,000 to feed them.
Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by DJInfluence: 1:23pm On Dec 01, 2016
WizBLANCE:
Yet some graduates keep singing that popular song titled NO JOB... May God crown your effort with success bro. Yet some graduates keep singing that popular song titled NO JOB... May God crown your effort with success. bro.[/b]Yet some graduates keep singing that popular song titled NO JOB... May God crown your effort with success bro.

As much as i understand that being self employ/reliant is good, not everybody have the capital or infrastructure to start a business and not everybody is cut out to be self employed.

To OP, good work and more profit to your wallet.
Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by WizBLANCE(m): 1:53pm On Dec 01, 2016
DJInfluence:

As much as i understand that being self employ/reliant is good, not everybody have the capital or infrastructure to start a business and not everybody is cut out to be self employed.

To OP, good work and more profit to your wallet.
in as much as we need the capital we should not sit at home. I know a man that started his fish farm with two cat fish in a basin... With time it was clear he need a pond then ponds but not our todays graduates who avoid starting small as if it is the worst crime ever. UNN entrepreneur center's motto is think big and start small.
Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by Qualer: 2:21pm On Dec 01, 2016
1bkaye:
Heard this is pretty lucrative in Nigeria at the moment, good luck with your endeavours and may it prosper

I see!

but why are you dancing in the corner? wink cheesy
Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by duullie88(m): 2:28pm On Dec 01, 2016
SurePresident:

Yes, I observe that too. Also, the professional that did mine adviced that the water inlet and outlet must NEVER be on same side, but opposite. So that when fresh water enters it convinently pushes and flushes toxic polluted one out. In addition, Concrete ponds are old school and while waste 100k on 12ft by 10ft concrete when same 100k currently gets you double size Pond. 3 years ago I got very strong durable mobile Ponds which I'm still using now from http://CatfishGuru..com They also gave free consultancy till I profitably harvested my first set of fish. Check out my ponds:

How many fish can ur pond hold... up to harvest + how many months to get 1kg size of fish
Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by Nobody: 2:49pm On Dec 01, 2016
Qualer:

I see!

but why are you dancing in the corner? wink cheesy
Lool I was playing a video game sha
Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by Qualer: 2:50pm On Dec 01, 2016
1bkaye:
Lool I was playing a video game sha

i see... nice physique and figure you got there!
Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by duullie88(m): 2:53pm On Dec 01, 2016
[quote author=paulavon post=51541026][/quote]

Based on the data on this thread
2 tarpaulin construction 12ft by 10ft = 100,000
2000 fingerlins = 30,000
Feeding to harvest =550,000
_________

Am I on point OP.. God bless all ur efforts much love

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by paulavon: 2:57pm On Dec 01, 2016
duullie88:

Based on the data on this thread
2 tarpaulin construction 12ft by 10ft = 100,000
2000 fingerlins = 30,000
Feeding to harvest =550,000
_________

Am I on point OP.. God bless all ur efforts much
love

You are a good student,so much on point
Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by Nobody: 2:59pm On Dec 01, 2016
Qualer:

i see... nice physique and figure you got there!
Thank you!
Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by duullie88(m): 3:02pm On Dec 01, 2016
paulavon:

You are a good student,so much on point

God bless boss.. thanks

How many months for d fish to reach 1kg ..thanks
Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by favouryemmy: 6:43pm On Dec 01, 2016
paulavon:

I am currently in the process of completing the construction of 7 fish ponds. 6 of the ponds are 10ft by 12ft while the last one is 8ft by 12ft.
The depth is 4ft 5inches

Materials used includes:

1 trip of sharp sand

1 trip of plastering sand

15 ton truck of granite

1000 9inches hollow blocks

70 bags of cement

Iron rods

woods

plumbing materials

@Op, well done. I will like to know how you took care of these:
1. What steps did you take to prevent water leaking or absorbing through the concrete walls?
2. Where are you draining the water to?
3. Do you have any plans for recycling the water?

These questions are germane to environmental impact of this project.

Expecting your response.
Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by Dfinex(f): 7:31pm On Dec 01, 2016
elfmann:
Do u have a pond or tank?
none
Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by paulavon: 8:29pm On Dec 01, 2016
duullie88:

God bless boss.. thanks

How many months for d fish to reach 1kg ..thanks

4 months
Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by bnsufeeanh(m): 8:58pm On Dec 01, 2016
[quote author=paulavon post=51531116][/quote]
Thanks a lot op. I stay around Agbado in Ogun state. I've not stocked yet because my concrete pond is leaking. Thinking of constructing a tarpaulin pond.
I'll let you know when I do.

God bless you sir
Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by paulavon: 9:51pm On Dec 01, 2016
favouryemmy:

@Op, well done. I will like to know how you took care of these:
1. What steps did you take to prevent water leaking or absorbing through the concrete walls?
2. Where are you draining the water to?
3. Do you have any plans for recycling the water?

These questions are germane to environmental impact of this project.

Expecting your response.

1. We did two layers of plastering with thick cement and sand; also after setting two blocks we casted the hollow blocks to make it firm. We put iron rods at the four edges and cast it,that will prevent water from attacking the edges to avoid cracks.

2. If you look at some of the pics I showed the under ground drainage, while sinking my borehole I drill a hole also and all the waste water are channeled there.

3. No plans for recycling of the water
Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by paulavon: 9:54pm On Dec 01, 2016
bnsufeeanh:

Thanks a lot op. I stay around Agbado in Ogun state. I've not stocked yet because my concrete pond is leaking. Thinking of constructing a tarpaulin pond.
I'll let you know when I do.

God bless you sir

What size of ponds? How was it constructed that it is leaking?Give me details
Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by favouryemmy: 10:48pm On Dec 01, 2016
paulavon:

1. We did two layers of plastering with thick cement and sand; also after setting two blocks we casted the hollow blocks to make it firm. We put iron rods at the four edges and cast it,that will prevent water from attacking the edges to avoid cracks.

2. If you look at some of the pics I showed the under ground drainage, while sinking my borehole I drill a hole also and all the waste water are channeled there.

3. No plans for recycling of the water

OK. I asked the first question because, you didn't post the pictures of where you cast the hollow of the blocks. So if you actually cast it all through, no problem about that.

As an environmentalist, I sincerely think draining the water out of the site would be detrimental to the immediate environment partly due to the smell of the used water. This would be worse if the water remains stagnant at some point. It's possible to recycle the water on site through water hyacinth and reuse. It would save you a lot of water in the long run, because you can't operate this business without water.

1 Like

Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by shakyriri: 11:24pm On Dec 01, 2016
favouryemmy:

OK. I asked the first question because, you didn't post the pictures of where you cast the hollow of the blocks. So if you actually cast it all through, no problem about that.

As an environmentalist, I sincerely think draining the water out of the site would be detrimental to the immediate environment partly due to the smell of the used water. This would be worse if the water remains stagnant at some point. It's possible to recycle the water on site through water hyacinth and reuse. It would save you a lot of water in the long run, because you can't operate this business without water.
Sir kindly enlighten on how to recycle the used water with hyacinth.thanks
Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by favouryemmy: 8:53am On Dec 02, 2016
shakyriri:

Sir kindly enlighten on how to recycle the used water with hyacinth.thanks

http://www.unep.or.jp/ietc/publications/techpublications/techpub-8f/c/Iraq1.asp

1 Like

Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by shakyriri: 9:12am On Dec 02, 2016
Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by LargeBrown(m): 12:34pm On Dec 02, 2016
paulavon:

It depends on how big or small you intend to start. If you don't have much money and wants to start small, you can go for tarpaulin ponds rather than concrete. If you don't have a land but you have a space in your compound you can construct like 3 tarpaulin ponds and start from there. Give me an estimate of the funds you intend to start with and what you have already and I will tell you the cost.
500k and I ve got space...tnx
Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by paulavon: 2:06pm On Dec 02, 2016
LargeBrown:
500k and I ve got space...tnx

Since you have a space,assuming you have source of water and where to drain your water to, what you need now is like 2 tarpaulin ponds which will cost you N110,000, you can start with 1000 fishes,500 in each pond, 250,000 will be enough to feed them.You acquire more ponds and increase your stock as you grow in the business
Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by LargeBrown(m): 3:14pm On Dec 02, 2016
paulavon:

Since you have a space,assuming you have source of water and where to drain your water to, what you need now is like 2 tarpaulin ponds which will cost you N110,000, you can start with 1000 fishes,500 in each pond, 250,000 will be enough to feed them.You acquire more ponds and increase your stock as you grow in the business
ur a bro...Jah bless
Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by mamakendra(f): 5:29pm On Dec 02, 2016
DavSagacity:

Yes. i use dead chickens in my farm (the dead carcass are roasted whole to remove some feathers) and they are feed to the fish in concrete ponds whole and not just their intestines only. the water is drained every week and the leftover bones ( of chickens ) are scooped out

Hatchery waste are the eggs that refused to hatch into day old chicks at the end of incubation period in the hatchery. it is very cheap especially in areas where there are large concentration of hatchery. its been used in so many farms as good source of protein instead of wasting the product.. Am sure when given to fishes in concrete ponds they'll metabolise it well into their system.
Am interested in fish farming, but still a green horn.
Pls do you have to remove the fishes to another pond, for the chicken bones to be scooped out,(while draining the water)?
Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by mamakendra(f): 5:43pm On Dec 02, 2016
paulavon:

You did not state if you have borehole already in your compound! Another major thing is where to drain the waste water to.
Pls @op, how are you draining the waste water from your pond?
Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by lanre2009: 7:43pm On Dec 02, 2016
I will like to know if the waste water from the pond can be used to grow vegetables.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja / Plantain Sucker Planting Season / Hardworking Female Farmer Processing Garri (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.