Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,760 members, 7,817,102 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City (57887 Views)

Tarpaulin Fish Pond Price List - Cost Of Different Sizes Of Mobile Fish Ponds / This Snake Threatening My Fish Pond Was Killed Today (Photos) / Need A Project Manager For Your Farm Project,factory And Construction Project? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by lamideee(f): 10:14pm On Nov 30, 2016
Wow.. I love this. God bless your work bro. Agbe loba

2 Likes

Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by comkay(m): 10:14pm On Nov 30, 2016
paulavon:
Setting to 6 coach
weldone bro, wish u a successful business ahead.

1 Like

Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by paulavon: 10:15pm On Nov 30, 2016
Drdonzeez:
Between fish farming and poultry,which is more profitable?

Fishing farming is more profitable. I prefer it more because of low risk and ready market.

3 Likes

Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by paulavon: 10:22pm On Nov 30, 2016
rakish:
Pls what is the capital for starting this business? I always have a soft spot for fish farming. Good Job.

The capital to start depends on what you have already.
You need a land, borehole, a small house where the workers will stay, the cost of ponds depends on how many you want and the size. Factor all those and you know the capital you need.
Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by ggoldmine: 10:37pm On Nov 30, 2016
paulavon:

You can set up this 7 ponds with a total of N750,000

pls, how much can one budget for the construction and stocking of just one pond of the same size as yours? Thanks.
*U really did a good job with the pond*

2 Likes

Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by DavSagacity(m): 10:45pm On Nov 30, 2016
paulavon:

It is true the price of fish feed has gone up, also the price of 1kg fish has increased from N500 to N650- N700, so the price of fish balance the increase in the cost of feed which means the biz is still profitable. You can also pelette your own feed in other to reduce cost spent on feeds.
Nice one bro. U are doing a great Job man...
However, U can also source hatchery waste for ur stock when they are about 2months old . u cook the hatchery waste until it congeal . the fish will eat bother the shell (calcium) and the chicken. It is relatively cheap compared to pelleted feed and it boast the growth of fish fast.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by Dramadiddy(m): 10:47pm On Nov 30, 2016
paulavon:

You need a land, borehole, a small house where the workers will stay, the cost of ponds depends on how many you want and the size. Factor all those and you know the capital you need.
how many ponds will 300k get me if I use tarpaulin and how many ponds will I get if I use concrete.. which is easier to operate? tarpaulin or concrete?

1 Like

Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by lantres000(m): 10:48pm On Nov 30, 2016
paulavon:
Plastering work

Fantastic!!! But wait there was this method i got wind of in one of these Agri Fare. Someone mentioned that you need not do any flooring, but all you need do is to introduce water and cultivate See weeds on it before you introduce the fish. In the process you create a habitat which enhances ecological balance. Am really impressed sir
Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by ifymimi: 10:52pm On Nov 30, 2016
very nice.
Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by paulavon: 10:56pm On Nov 30, 2016
ggoldmine:

pls, how much can one budget for the construction and stocking of just one pond of the same size as yours? Thanks.
*U really did a good job with the pond*

You can't use just a pond for fish farming,how do you separate the different sizes?N100,000 can give you a 12ft by 10ft pond

1 Like

Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by serah109: 10:58pm On Nov 30, 2016
9ce work..
Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by paulavon: 11:00pm On Nov 30, 2016
DavSagacity:

Nice one bro. U are doing a great Job man...
However, U can also source hatchery waste for ur stock when they are about 2months old . u cook the hatchery waste until it congeal . the fish will eat bother the shell (calcium) and the chicken. It is relatively cheap compared to pelleted feed and it boast the growth of fish fast.

I have not heard of hatchery waste before, what make up the hatchery waste?I do know of feeding fish with chicken intestine when they are like 3 months. Thanks for the insight
Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by Nobody: 11:03pm On Nov 30, 2016
nice job op....thinking of starting this january next year..
Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by Dfinex(f): 11:07pm On Nov 30, 2016
paulavon:

hmmm.....where as in this my state we don't really need all that. just get ur land, dig and water comes up on it's own. u'll even be amazed to see fishes inside, God alone knows where they come from. ......but our people won't leverage on it, they'd rather wait on gov't. May God help us.

4 Likes

Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by paulavon: 11:09pm On Nov 30, 2016
Dramadiddy:
how many ponds will 300k get me if I use tarpaulin and how many ponds will I get if I use concrete.. which is easier to operate? tarpaulin or concrete?

Presently it cost like 38k to sew a 12ft by 10ft tarpaulin pond, with additional 17k for the iron stand and the piping work,which is a total of N55,000.
N300,000 can get you like 6 tarpaulin ponds but it can only give you 3 concrete ponds. Tarpaulin ponds will still serve same purpose

1 Like

Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by paulavon: 11:16pm On Nov 30, 2016
If you are around Edo/Delta states and you want to construct your concrete pond you can contact me. I can also manage your fish farm.

2 Likes

Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by paulavon: 11:17pm On Nov 30, 2016
nokiaba3:
nice job op....thinking of starting this january next year..

You are good to go.
Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by Mercygabriel: 11:17pm On Nov 30, 2016
@op.can have your contact.am really interested in this biz
Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by obene12: 11:20pm On Nov 30, 2016
i admire ur work... pls can we talk in private brcoa am really interested in these
Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by Abiola5034(m): 11:29pm On Nov 30, 2016
**Jst an opinion tho.**

Instead of channellinq the water from the outlet to drainage..u can construct an earthen pond and a reservour(if u stil av land available nd money) so dat all d water wil b goinq into d earthen pond,wit spillway 4 excess water 2 pass into d constructed reservour..wit chinese water green and water hyacinth 2 absorb d toxicant present in the water b4 gettinq into the earthen pond.You can stock d earthen pond and also the fishes that might av escape 4rm d pond wil b trap down in the earthen pond...i think this wil help to ensure efficient use of the pond water...

3 Likes

Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by nmreports: 11:43pm On Nov 30, 2016
Abiola5034:
**Jst an opinion tho.**

Instead of channellinq the water from the outlet to drainage..u can construct an earthen pond and a reservour(if u stil av land available nd money) so dat all d water wil b goinq into d earthen pond,wit spillway 4 excess water 2 pass into d constructed reservour..wit chinese water green and water hyacinth 2 absorb d toxicant present in the water b4 gettinq into the earthen pond.You can stock d earthen pond and also the fishes that might av escape 4rm d pond wil b trap down in the earthen pond...i think this wil help to ensure efficient use of the pond water...

Problem solver... Solution provider. I like that.

1 Like

Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by Lukmanraji(m): 11:45pm On Nov 30, 2016
What's the initial capital fof your project.?
Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by DavSagacity(m): 11:50pm On Nov 30, 2016
paulavon:

I have not heard of hatchery waste before, what make up the hatchery waste?I do know of feeding fish with chicken intestine when they are like 3 months. Thanks for the insight

Yes. i use dead chickens in my farm (the dead carcass are roasted whole to remove some feathers) and they are feed to the fish in concrete ponds whole and not just their intestines only. the water is drained every week and the leftover bones ( of chickens ) are scooped out

Hatchery waste are the eggs that refused to hatch into day old chicks at the end of incubation period in the hatchery. it is very cheap especially in areas where there are large concentration of hatchery. its been used in so many farms as good source of protein instead of wasting the product.. Am sure when given to fishes in concrete ponds they'll metabolise it well into their system.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by adexgii(m): 11:56pm On Nov 30, 2016
this is a nice project but I doubt if the pound will last before leaking, I know of a better way with lesser cost and ur pound will not leak
Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by Nobody: 11:59pm On Nov 30, 2016
See hardworking man! kiss I'm proud of you! May Chukwu bless yo hustle n wish you all the
Success n happiness in life.

3 Likes

Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by paulavon: 12:07am On Dec 01, 2016
[quote author=DavSagacity post=51527561]

Yes. i use dead chickens in my farm (the dead carcass are roasted whole to remove some feathers) and they are feed to the fish in concrete ponds whole and not just their intestines only. the water is drained every week and the leftover bones ( of chickens ) are scooped out

Hatchery waste are the eggs that refused to hatch into day old chicks at the end of incubation period in the hatchery. it is very cheap especially in areas where there are large concentration of hatchery. its been used in so many farms as good source of protein instead of wasting the product.. Am sure when given to fishes in concrete ponds they'll metabolise it well into their system.[/quote

Thanks man, I will make more inquiries about the hatchery waste.

3 Likes

Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by paulavon: 12:11am On Dec 01, 2016
adexgii:
this is a nice project but I doubt if the pound will last before leaking, I know of a better way with lesser cost and ur pound will not leak

Nothing last forever. If you have a better way with less cost of constructing the pond you can start a thread and educate us about it.

5 Likes

Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by paulavon: 12:15am On Dec 01, 2016
Mercygabriel:
@op.can have your contact.am really interested in this biz

You can send me email (pgpilar03@yahoo.co.uk).
Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by paulavon: 12:16am On Dec 01, 2016
obene12:
i admire ur work... pls can we talk in private brcoa am really interested in these
You can send me email (pgpilar03@yahoo.co.uk).
Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by Nobody: 12:19am On Dec 01, 2016
Dfinex:

hmmm.....where as in this my state we don't really need all that. just get ur land, dig and water comes up on it's own. u'll even be amazed to see fishes inside, God alone knows where they come from. ......but our people won't leverage on it, they'd rather wait on gov't. May God help us.
Do u have a pond or tank?
Re: My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City by danilmo: 12:27am On Dec 01, 2016
paulavon:
Plumbing work: laying of the inlet and outlet pipes and linking the outlet to the drainage
from experience , constructing a fish pond is more than just settingup bricks like buiding a house,,, it will be better if u give it a round pillar thhat wiill hold up to the middle ones after the first 2 set of block before raising to the final level....water pressure is strong and will stat pushing the walls since no cconnecting pillar in the middle wall

sorry to say seemss ur bricklayers arent expeeriiencee sha...

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja / Plantain Sucker Planting Season / Hardworking Female Farmer Processing Garri (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.