Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,549 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween In Nigeria? - Events (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween In Nigeria? (17890 Views)

White People Dress As Blacks And Carry Nigerian Flag For Halloween (Pic) / Over 200,000 Lagosians Gathered To Celebrate 2014 Lagos Countdown (photos) / My Message To Nigerians As We Celebrate Independence In The Next Hour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween In Nigeria? by THEAMAKA3(f): 3:20am On Nov 02, 2009
agathamari:

said i had to ask permition to cut my hair, sid he would never work for a woman, could say please to a guy but never a girl, would call other girls infront of me, would interupt me and other girls when they would talk
gosh! and you still stayed with him after that? you gave him a chance oooo. maybe too many chances.
at that first sight, i would have been out the door for good.
no way could i imagine being with someone like that.

and you still stayed with him?
na wa ooooo.
usually when they go to naija they have more control over their wives.
most of the time they can abuse or do whatever to the wife knowing nigerians can do little to nothing to stop them.
in a society like that, anything can happen.

na wa for you oooooo   undecided
Re: Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween In Nigeria? by THEAMAKA3(f): 3:21am On Nov 02, 2009
babaowambe:

the bible says the devil comes as an angel of light, making deeply evil things look quite harmless or religious,sadly enough many people are taken unawares, if you really see haloween as it really is you will need no one to tell you to turn to
God, so haloween costumes,pumpkins, trick or treats, etc. are just a cover, bait or lure to hell so all beware!
again learn the history of halloween.
stop spewing rubbish.
Re: Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween In Nigeria? by agathamari(f): 3:25am On Nov 02, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

gosh! and you still stayed with him after that? you gave him a chance oooo. maybe too many chances.
at that first sight, i would have been out the door for good.
no way could i imagine being with someone like that.
and you still stayed with him?
na wa ooooo.
usually when they go to naija they have more control over their wives.
most of the time they can abuse or do whatever to the wife knowing nigerians can do little to nothing to stop them.
in a society like that, anything can happen.
na wa for you oooooo   undecided
the irish are hot blooded.  im stuborn and have one hell of a temper which he and his friends have learned the hard way.  the day he told me i had to ask permition to cut my hair i went in the bathroom and cut it.   a couple months later when it needed a trim guess who helped me cut the back?  he did.  he is learning lol
Re: Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween In Nigeria? by agathamari(f): 3:30am On Nov 02, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

again learn the history of halloween.
stop spewing rubbish.
dont pay them any mind. they cant even research christianity. they think the book they read today is identical to the one they had 2000 when it was writen down and think church doctrin has never changed. christians act diffent in every country. what is a sin to catholics in one country i sthe right way for catholics in another. there are multiple versions of the bible floating about which is the correct one. multiple branches of christianity which is the right one? its like talking reason into a brick
Re: Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween In Nigeria? by THEAMAKA3(f): 3:32am On Nov 02, 2009
agathamari:

the irish are hot blooded. im stuborn and have one hell of a temper which he and his friends have learned the hard way. the day he told me i had to ask permition to cut my hair i went in the bathroom and cut it. a couple months later when it needed a trim guess who helped me cut the back? he did. he is learning lol
see what this african man will do just to keep his white woman.
sad since junior high he has been wanting to marry a white woman? if he grew up in nigeria that doesnt make any sense.
not tryna be rude or "hate" on your marriage but this guy seems to be licking your feet now just cause youre white and he doesnt want you to leave him.
na wa for these naija guys that are slave to the white man
*no offence at all!! but thats how it seems*
i know he isnt supposed to bark and you but neither should he start acting like a bitch just to keep you.

but i cant really judge, so i guess. . .
Re: Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween In Nigeria? by agathamari(f): 3:44am On Nov 02, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

see what this african man will do just to keep his white woman.
sad since junior high he has been wanting to marry a white woman? if he grew up in nigeria that doesnt make any sense.
not tryna be rude or "hate" on your marriage but this guy seems to be licking your feet now just cause youre white and he doesnt want you to leave him.
na wa for these naija guys that are slave to the white man
*no offence at all!! but thats how it seems*
i know he isnt supposed to bark and you but neither should he start acting like a bitch just to keep you.

but i cant really judge, so i guess. . .
no offense taken.  in some cultures men are in charge like here.  others its even like in the west and yet others the woman is in chatge like spanish, greek and irish. im fine with even. he says he wants to learn to be a gentleman to have more respect when he goes overseas.  lets face it what men are more respected in the western world those who put women down or those who treat them with respect
Re: Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween In Nigeria? by THEAMAKA3(f): 3:53am On Nov 02, 2009
post your pic
i wanna see your irish self. grin
Re: Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween In Nigeria? by agathamari(f): 3:55am On Nov 02, 2009
how do i do that?
Re: Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween In Nigeria? by agathamari(f): 3:58am On Nov 02, 2009
i figured it out
Re: Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween In Nigeria? by THEAMAKA3(f): 3:59am On Nov 02, 2009
that small pic is you?
cool.

you do look very irish. lol
Re: Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween In Nigeria? by agathamari(f): 4:01am On Nov 02, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

that small pic is you?
cool.

you do look very irish. lol
as compared to what? puerto rican tongue hehehehe
Re: Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween In Nigeria? by THEAMAKA3(f): 4:01am On Nov 02, 2009
at least youre not one of those ugly white women some nigerian men are so desperate to marry just because they are white and white to them equals better.
lolol

but i really hope he married you cause he really loves you.
well i know that.
but not just cause you are white and he wants to marry a white woman.
and then he will become your dog. well idk about that, but you get the idea.
some nigerian men will do ANYTHING they are so desperate.
Re: Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween In Nigeria? by agathamari(f): 4:06am On Nov 02, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

at least youre not one of those ugly white women some nigerian men are so desperate to marry just because they are white and white to them equals better.
lolol

but i really hope he married you cause he really loves you.
well i know that.
but not just cause you are white and he wants to marry a white woman.
and then he will become your dog. well idk about that, but you get the idea.
some nigerian men will do ANYTHING they are so desperate.
yeah one of his friends marryed a huge girl.  very tall and heavy.  i think by living here i gained his respect and by what his friends tell me and of some of the coments i over hear i believe he truely does.
Re: Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween In Nigeria? by platinumnk(f): 4:22am On Nov 02, 2009
Shooot halloween is soooo much fun,
even we get to dress up in costumes at the bank!

my boss dressed as Michael Jackson, and last year I dressed up as a pirate. I forgot my code name though grin grin grin grin

Next year i might dress up again. cheesy
Re: Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween In Nigeria? by mbulela: 4:41am On Nov 02, 2009
agathamari:

dont pay them any mind. they cant even research christianity. they think the book they read today is identical to the one they had 2000 when it was writen down and think church doctrin has never changed. christians act diffent in every country. what is a sin to catholics in one country i sthe right way for catholics in another. there are multiple versions of the bible floating about which is the correct one. multiple branches of christianity which is the right one? its like talking reason into a brick

stop exposing your ignorance in public.
If you keep quiet, you could be considered wise.
What sense did you make?
Who told you what is sin to catholics in one country is accepted in another?
there are loads of things wrong with the church as it is today but that does not give reason for uninformed persons to pass judement and make sweeping generalizations.
Re: Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween In Nigeria? by mbulela: 4:42am On Nov 02, 2009
@ poster
we will celebrate Halloween in naija when they celebrate new yam festival in New York.
Re: Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween In Nigeria? by THEAMAKA3(f): 4:44am On Nov 02, 2009
mbulela:

@ poster
we will celebrate Halloween in naija when they celebrate new yam festival in New York.
but there is a possibility that can happen in new york.
i dont think halloween can ever be in naija.
too "demonic" for africans, they would go crazy and do crazy things!
neither is it a naija thing.
Re: Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween In Nigeria? by agathamari(f): 4:49am On Nov 02, 2009
mbulela:

stop exposing your ignorance in public.
If you keep quiet, you could be considered wise.
What sense did you make?
Who told you what is sin to catholics in one country is accepted in another?
there are loads of things wrong with the church as it is today but that does not give reason for uninformed persons to pass judement and make sweeping generalizations.

go to the the bible belt.  there its considered a sin to sing and dance then come here you cant find a church where singing and dancing isnt expected.  go to the singapor its a sin to say your prayers aloud while here they are screamed at the top of the lungs.  in the philapans they crusify themselves on easter
Re: Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween In Nigeria? by THEAMAKA3(f): 4:54am On Nov 02, 2009
agathamari:

go to the the bible belt. there its considered a sin to sing and dance then come here you cant find a church where singing and dancing isnt expected. go to the singapor its a sin to say your prayers aloud while here they are screamed at the top of the lungs. in the philapans they crusify themselves on easter

i am religious not TOO religious but i do believe in God, Jesus, Mary, ect ect
but i dont even know what religion is right anymore. Man has come with his filthy hands and twisted everything.
there are thousands of protestant churches waving around out there.
na wa oooo.
so who is right and who is wrong?
of course you would say your own is right since thats what you have been raised to believe.
Re: Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween In Nigeria? by lovemoi2(f): 4:58am On Nov 02, 2009
WE already have more than enough halloween in naija grin grin
Re: Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween In Nigeria? by agathamari(f): 5:02am On Nov 02, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

i am religious not TOO religious but i do believe in God, Jesus, Mary, ect ect
but i dont even know what religion is right anymore. Man has come with his filthy hands and twisted everything.
there are thousands of protestant churches waving around out there.
na wa oooo.
so who is right and who is wrong?
of course you would say your own is right since thats what you have been raised to believe.
you have to look at them all openly and objectivly.  i was raised roman catholic but now lean more towards hindu but that isnt right for everyone.  i had a friend in school who was raised russian orthodox and is not a methodist.  a guy i worked with was amish and now is lutheran.  what ever makes you feel complete or makes sence to you is what is right.  dont listen to the ones who say exploring religion makes you a child its a personal decision noone elses
Re: Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween In Nigeria? by THEAMAKA3(f): 5:04am On Nov 02, 2009
true, a lot of people grow up and change.
Re: Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween In Nigeria? by mbulela: 5:06am On Nov 02, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

but there is a possibility that can happen in new york.
i dont think halloween can ever be in naija.
too "demonic" for africans, they would go crazy and do crazy things!
neither is it a naija thing.

you can't be sure it is not demonic. can you?
i don't give a hoot about halloween and all sorts, even if my faith and belief sanctioned it.
i've got more important things to excite me.
there are two extremes that are equally dangerous.
some african who see the devil and demons in everything and westerners who deny the existence of the devil itself.
both extremes are different sides of the same coin.
Re: Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween In Nigeria? by SEFAGO(m): 5:08am On Nov 02, 2009
you have to look at them all openly and objectivly.  i was raised roman catholic but now lean more towards hindu but that isnt right for everyone.  i had a friend in school who was raised russian orthodox and is not a methodist.  a guy i worked with was amish and now is lutheran.  what ever makes you feel complete or makes sence to you is what is right.  dont listen to the ones who say exploring religion makes you a child its a personal decision noone elses

yep, i grew up in a very religious family, and now i practice sit-down-and-play-videogames-or-chat-with-girls-online on sunday religion.
Re: Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween In Nigeria? by chika98: 5:08am On Nov 02, 2009
Since when did we start celebrating Halloween? As if half of the folks going out to dress up actually know the meaning of the holiday
Re: Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween In Nigeria? by chic2pimp(m): 5:12am On Nov 02, 2009
SEFAGO:

yep, i grew up in a very religious family, and now i practice sit-down-and-play-videogames-or-chat-with-girls-online on sunday religion.
Which kain religion be dat? grin grin

Abeg make I introduce you to my church jare. Every sunday we dey observe naked service wink.
Re: Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween In Nigeria? by THEAMAKA3(f): 5:13am On Nov 02, 2009
but where the holiday originated from or where is sprang from did not come from a demonic idea!!
just that people like to twist it into something demonic.
i am religious and believe in God and Jesus and all of that, but why do africans defend something that is not even their own religion?
was Christianity our own thing before the british or whoever came?
NO.
so africans sometimes go crazy all in the name of religion.

you dont see all these northern nigerians and muslim africans period doing crazy things. some poeople in sudan or areas like such will call themselves arabs and do crazy things just for Islam, a religion that wasnt even theirs.
religion was used partly to control africans.

i believe in God and Jesus but im not gonna lose my head over a religion that didnt come from my people anyway.

anyway expect wahala to follow this post.   tongue
Re: Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween In Nigeria? by agathamari(f): 5:13am On Nov 02, 2009
SEFAGO:

THE-AMAKA:

true, a lot of people grow up and change.
ever notice those raised under/or practice "alternative" religions and atheist are far more accepting then alot of those raised under/practiceing "abrahamic" religions.  i always wondered why that is
Re: Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween In Nigeria? by agathamari(f): 5:15am On Nov 02, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

but where the holiday originated from or where is sprang from did not come from a demonic idea!!
i am religious and believe in God and Jesus and all of that, but why do africans defend something that is not even their own religion?
NO.

you dont see all these northern nigerians and muslim africans period doing crazy things. some poeople in sudan or areas like such will call themselves arabs and do crazy things just for Islam, a religion that wasnt even theirs.

i believe in God and Jesus but im not gonna lose my head over a religion that didnt come from my people anyway.

anyway expect wahala to follow this post. tongue
tons of whites do that same. i dont get it either
Re: Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween In Nigeria? by lovemoi2(f): 5:15am On Nov 02, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

NO.

anyway expect wahala to follow this post.   tongue

well i see no reason why wahala should follow this post, you said the truth, period!!!!!!! except for the northern nigerian part
Re: Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween In Nigeria? by THEAMAKA3(f): 5:21am On Nov 02, 2009
boko haram? does that ring a bell?
they are MAD!!
well not all of them, a lot of them.
Re: Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween In Nigeria? by mbulela: 5:22am On Nov 02, 2009
agathamari:

my problem was with your wanton generalization and Christian bashing.
every form of belief comes with a measure of faith, even atheism.
anyone hoping for or claiming certainty before belief is delusional.
to each man his own faith and belief but it is impossible having believed not grow in your certainty of your belief.
if you believe your faith is the same like every other system of belief or way of life, then you of all men most miserable.
you must come to a point where you believe that the path you are travelling is the right path and in forsaking other paths, you believe that they are wrong.Yet you must be matured enough to believe that not all men will walk your path and it is not by force.
even if Jesus appeared today to the world in physical form and erased every doubt about his sonship of the Godhead,there will still be unbelievers.same with other deities in other faiths.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

4 People Drowned In A River In Benue State Buried Amidst Tears(photos) / Top Events ‘Cancelled’ By COVID-19 / As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.