Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,935 members, 7,952,770 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:42 PM

Nigerians Should Stop Moaning And Roll Up Their Sleeves - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Should Stop Moaning And Roll Up Their Sleeves (12901 Views)

Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General / Nigerians Should Beg Jonathan To Seek Second Term – Lawmaker / Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Should Stop Moaning And Roll Up Their Sleeves by Nobody: 6:57am On Nov 01, 2009
Many of these unpatriotic Nigerians who come in here to spew their daily anti-Nigerian poison, need to quit and stop bothering the hell out of our lives!!

Why not go and live in Sierra Leone or Uganda, then you know what real suffering is. BELIEVE ME I KNOW, COS I'VE BEEN TO THOSE PLACES, AND NIGERIA IS PARADISE COMPARED TO THEM.

Hopeless, perennial MOANERS.

I hear of some fools spending up to $10,000, $20,000 to queue up at the embassy to emigrate to UK and US where the majority will end up doing menial, dead-end jobs like cab driving and security officer.

Yet with just $2,000 you can start a HIGHLY LUCRATIVE BUSINESS in Nigeria, that will increase your prosperity exponentially if you devoted ONE TENTH as much effort to it as you do to waking up at 4am to queue at the US embassy, or to working as a kitchen porter in Europe.

Rubbish. Perennial MOANERS.

Is it not the Chinese that are flooding this same Nigeria to open up restaurants, gyms, and other services left right and centre?

Do they have two heads?

The same China that is experiencing an unprecedented boom in their own country.

Yet all the way from there they can smell the opportunities which abound in Nigeria, where Nigerians only see ''problems''. Complaining from morning till night.

Nonsense! Abeg get lost. Useless MOANERS.

Time wasters!!

Sit there and be waiting for Yar'adua to hand you $1 million dollars and provide you with ''First World'' infrastructure before getting off your asss.

Mshewwww!!
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Moaning And Roll Up Their Sleeves by naijaway(m): 7:00am On Nov 01, 2009
guy u dey vex o. cool lu temper.
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Moaning And Roll Up Their Sleeves by Nobody: 7:06am On Nov 01, 2009
Bros for real, I'm tired. Do you know I spoke to a couple of Chinese boys today, and they're planning to set up a small solar panel factory in one remote place like this near Lagos. These guys I doubt if they have up to $2000 between them. They learnt how to build the panels on the INTERNET. Yet if you see where they were discussing this thing in their language as if they invented the technology themselves, mapping out their plans etc.

In 5 years time those boys will be controlling the renewable energy industry in Naija, and making millions, while our home grown MOANERS will still be queuing at the embassy looking for visa.

Mshewwww! Abeg make I hear something o jare!
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Moaning And Roll Up Their Sleeves by IGWEUSA(m): 7:14am On Nov 01, 2009
^^^^^
You just described it as it is.
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Moaning And Roll Up Their Sleeves by Nobody: 7:20am On Nov 01, 2009
Thank you IGWE. And the other thing  that we seem to have forgotten in our constant negativity is that by constantly thinking negative, we perpetuate negativity. Thought creates reality. The Law of Attraction will ensure that generalised despondency will only lead to MORE collective failure.

Positivity, hope, and a can-do spirit is what leads to achievement.
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Moaning And Roll Up Their Sleeves by Kobojunkie: 7:42am On Nov 01, 2009
@Poster, just trying to understand the connection you are making here. Are you saying that what is needed in Nigeria is for disaporans to FORGET all things wrong with the way things are in Nigeria, and simply start yet another lucrative company in Nigeria? I would really like to understand your point here.

If all diasporans went home tommorow with $2000, to start a business, what exactly do you believe will result? Or is this, to you, about rivaling china or something?
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Moaning And Roll Up Their Sleeves by Sammy107d(m): 7:50am On Nov 01, 2009
No kobojunkie, It's about the lazy arse dummies at premiership football centres waiting for 24hr power supply before they start a life.
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Moaning And Roll Up Their Sleeves by Kobojunkie: 7:52am On Nov 01, 2009
Sammy107_d:

No kobojunkie, It's about the lazy arse dummies at premiership football centres waiting for 24hr power supply before they start a life.

What? I don't understand your post.
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Moaning And Roll Up Their Sleeves by Sammy107d(m): 7:57am On Nov 01, 2009
i just meant that d poster was addressing the lazy nigerians at home not the diasporans.
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Moaning And Roll Up Their Sleeves by rhymz(m): 8:01am On Nov 01, 2009
@Rossike
U are the type of Nigerian I like to see on NL,people with a positive mindset,people that believe that the problem of this country is not solely the government but to a great extend is the people.
It is understandable if as a Nigerian one is very angry at the way things are going but to further deepen the problem with careless arrogant arguements is what i find appalling and this is done by a lot of ppl that claim to be Nigerians.There's is this guy that goes by the name Kobojunkies he's always in the habit of putting Nigeria down all in a bid to sound intellectual,liberal and objectiveI ve in several occassions asked him to tell Nigerians on NL what he has contributed to enhance the betterment of Nigeria.Funny enough,most of these ppl that whine all the time about Nigeria are not even resident here in Nigeria,these ppl don't even feel the brunt of the harsh realities of this country,they just base their lame bashing on reports from politically biased media like CNN,BBC etc.The era where ppl discuss objectively on NL has faded,these all we see are petty talks,unintelligent posts,dumb moderators that do not understand thier job.
Nigeria will get better if everyone does their own quota and stop passing every goddam thing to a euphoric government as if the government is not us.
Thanks again ROSSIKE,posts such as yourz give me hope that Nigeria can still make it if we can be reasonable and more patriotic.
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Moaning And Roll Up Their Sleeves by Kobojunkie: 8:08am On Nov 01, 2009
Sammy107_d:

i just meant that d poster was addressing the lazy nigerians at home not the diasporans.

If that is the case, then I think it is unfair to believe that Nigerians who WHINE are all lazy Nigerians. From the Gala seller who was never able to get an education, To the 10-year college graduate with a degree in computer science but still unable to to afford computer of his own, nor access to books on topics, how does anyone expect these people to solve their own power/water/education problems? By building for themselves solar panels, or digging wells for themselves on properties they do not own and cannot afford? How can the people save their own selves in this case, I mean without crying to those who control the money to do what they were hired to do for them?

He uses the example of some Chinese men he met speaking of how they wanted to set up a solar panel manufacturing plant somewhere in lagos. If setting up a business is the solution, then Nigeria out to be out of the whole since over 70% of Nigerians are entrepreneurs and have real good business skills. Problem is because of the problems that continue to persist; the majority of businesses do not experience much growth.
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Moaning And Roll Up Their Sleeves by Nobody: 8:15am On Nov 01, 2009
ROSSIKE:

Many of these unpatriotic Nigerians who come in here to spew their daily anti-Nigerian poison, need to quit and stop bothering the hell out of our lives!!

You sound like a corrupt Nigerian politician or one of their family members, otherwise you would be happy that some bona fide Nigerian citizens are speaking out against the ills of our society, be the ones resident in Nigeria or in diaspora.

Why not go and live in Sierra Leone or Uganda, then you know what real suffering is. BELIEVE ME I KNOW, COS I'VE BEEN TO THOSE PLACES, AND NIGERIA IS PARADISE COMPARED TO THEM

Are we supposed to resign our fates to the current situation in Nigeria because we seem to be better than Sierra Leone or Uganda? Do they have the same resources as we have?

Idiot!

I hear of some fools spending up to $10,000, $20,000 to queue up at the embassy to emigrate to UK and US where the majority will end up doing menial, dead-end jobs like cab driving and security officer

Ahh! What a big time fool you are for looking down on these jobs.
What is wrong in being a cab driver in a well organized society? Are you aware that Adenuga also drove cabs even as millionaire.

Well, good news for you and your unemployed brothers; Gov Akala is blessing university graduates with employment as taxi drivers. . . what da hell? shocked cheesy

Yet with just $2,000 you can start a HIGHLY LUCRATIVE BUSINESS in Nigeria, that will increase your prosperity exponentially if you devoted ONE TENTH as much effort to it as you do to waking up at 4am to queue at the US embassy, or to working as a kitchen porter in Europe

I would love to start this business you are talking about. Or is it the kind of biz one has to spend all his profits on gas?

Is it not the Chinese that are flooding this same Nigeria to open up restaurants, gyms, and other services left right and centre?

Do they have two heads?

The same China that is experiencing an unprecedented boom in their own country.

Yet all the way from there they can smell the opportunities which abound in Nigeria, where Nigerians only see ''problems''. Complaining from morning till night.

Nonsense! Abeg get lost. Useless MOANERS.

Time wasters!!

Sit there and be waiting for Yar'adua to hand you $1 million dollars and provide you with ''First World'' infrastructure before getting off your asss.

Mshewwww!!
ROSSIKE:

Bros for real, I'm tired. Do you know I spoke to a couple of Chinese boys today, and they're planning to set up a small solar panel factory in one remote place like this near Lagos. These guys I doubt if they have up to $2000 between them. They learnt how to build the panels on the INTERNET. Yet if you see where they were discussing this thing in their language as if they invented the technology themselves, mapping out their plans etc.

In 5 years time those boys will be controlling the renewable energy industry in Naija, and making millions, while our home grown MOANERS will still be queuing at the embassy looking for visa.

Mshewwww! Abeg make I hear something o jare!

If only you knew that the Chinese government actually lends money (very low interest rate) to their citizens who are willing to travel abroad and invest, you wouldnt have displayed so much ignorance with your posts.

As for the young chinese drawing plans to invest in solar; trust me. . . their government will foot the bill 100%.

And what was he elected to do in the first place; to get free medical attention?

You are a slowpoke! cool
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Moaning And Roll Up Their Sleeves by JosBoy4Lif(m): 8:18am On Nov 01, 2009
ROSSIKE:

Thank you IGWE. And the other thing  that we seem to have forgotten in our constant negativity is that by constantly thinking negative, we perpetuate negativity. Thought creates reality. The Law of Attraction will ensure that generalised despondency will only lead to MORE collective failure.

Positivity, hope, and a can-do spirit is what leads to achievement.

The wisest thing I have heard on Nl in a while.
This self fulfilling prophesy that Nigeria is rubbish and it will never amount to nothing needs to change.
We need an entropy that will guide us in the right direction. Think it see it be it. honestly it is that simple, and due to the large intellectual property that we possess in our dearest Nigeria it can all be possible through the positive thoughts of our fellow Nigerians!!!
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Moaning And Roll Up Their Sleeves by JosBoy4Lif(m): 8:20am On Nov 01, 2009
nuzo:

You sound like a corrupt Nigerian politician or one of their family members, otherwise you would be happy that some bona fide Nigerian citizens are speaking out against the ills of our society, be the ones resident in Nigeria or in diaspora.

Are we supposed to resign our fates the current situation in Nigeria because we seem to be better than Sierra Leone or Uganda? Do they have the same resources as we have?

Idiot!

Ahh! What a big time fool you are for looking down on these jobs.
What is wrong in being a cab driver in a well organized society? Are you aware that Adenuga also drove cabs even as millionaire.

Well, good news for you and your unemployed brothers; Gov Akala is blessing university graduates with employment as taxi drivers. . . what da hell? shocked cheesy

I would love to start this business you are talking about. Or is the kind one has to spend all his profits of gas?

If only you knew that the Chinese government actually lends money (very low interest rate) to their citizens who are willing to travel abroad and invest, you wouldnt have displayed so much ignorance with your posts.

As for the young chinese drawing plans to invest in solar; trust me. . . their government will foot the bill 100%.

And what was he elected to do in the first place; to get free medical attention?

You are a slowpoke! cool

Nuzo it is not enough to speak against the ills of your country, but proffer solutions and live towards objectifying those goals. SIMPLE!
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Moaning And Roll Up Their Sleeves by Kobojunkie: 8:33am On Nov 01, 2009
JosBoy4Lif:

Nuzo it is not enough to speak against the ills of your country, but proffer solutions and live towards objectifying those goals. SIMPLE!

A two-year old knows the SOLUTIONS to many of the problems in Nigeria. We do not need to profer solutions. We need to call for IMPLEMENTATION OF already known solutions to the problems. That is what is SIMPLE. Speaking against the ills and calling for the SOLUTIONS to be implemented is what is needed.

The word PROFER assumes we have ABSOLUTELY no clue what the solution to the problem is. That is not now, nor has it ever been the case in Nigeria, or Africa. The whole world knows what the problem is and what the solution is. Sitting back, year after year, pretentiously proffering solutions have led us nowhere. It is time we implement the COMMON SENSE solutions to the problems of the common man now.
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Moaning And Roll Up Their Sleeves by bibiking1(m): 8:39am On Nov 01, 2009
A bandwagon of charlatans, praise singers and seekers, imperialism lovers and ass lickers. When things are wrong and you sweep them under the carpet to show 'patriotism' and 'optimism' then we only prepare ourselves for a bigger downfall. To hide under the guise of patriotism to challenge those who constantly expose the frailty of the nigerian state reeks of treason. Let us be positive quite alright, but not be blind to the societal ills in the land!
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Moaning And Roll Up Their Sleeves by Nobody: 8:40am On Nov 01, 2009
Kobojunkie:

A two-year old knows the SOLUTIONS to many of the problems in Nigeria. We do not need to profer solutions. We need to call for IMPLEMENTATION OF already known solutions to the problems. That is what is SIMPLE. Speaking against the ills and calling for the SOLUTIONS to be implemented is what is needed.  

The word PROFER assumes we have ABSOLUTELY no clue what the solution to the problem is. That is not now, nor has it ever been the case in Nigeria, or Africa. The whole world knows what the problem is and what the solution is.  Sitting back, year after year, pretentiously proffering solutions have led us nowhere. It is time we implement the COMMON SENSE solutions to the problems of the common man now.

bibiking1:

A bandwagon of charlatans, praise singers and seekers, imperialism lovers and ass lickers. When things are wrong and you sweep them under the carpet to show 'patriotism' and 'optimism' then we only prepare ourselves for a bigger downfall. To hide under the guise of patriotism to challenge those who constantly expose the frailty of the nigerian state reeks of treason. Let us be positive quite alright, but not be blind to the societal ills in the land!

What more can I say.
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Moaning And Roll Up Their Sleeves by toshacer: 8:45am On Nov 01, 2009
Kobojunkie:

@Poster, just trying to understand the connection you are making here. [size=18pt]Are you saying that what is needed in Nigeria is for disaporans to FORGET all things wrong with the way things are in Nigeria, and simply start yet another lucrative company in Nigeria?[/size] I would really like to understand your point here.

If all diasporans went home tommorow with $2000, to start a business, what exactly do you believe will result? Or is this, to you, about rivaling china or something?

Where did he mention diasporians? These people think too much about themselves. Is it diasporians that spend time and money queing up at the embassy to go to the UK/USA?

Why not read his post properly? but in any case, when you read the post, you thought he was talking about the diasporians, because why, they are the perpetual moaners, never see anything good in Nigeria, and they are the worst trhieves and robbers abroad.
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Moaning And Roll Up Their Sleeves by Kobojunkie: 8:46am On Nov 01, 2009
Advice from someone who read a QUESTION and interpreted it as a CONCLUSION. Roflmao!!!
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Moaning And Roll Up Their Sleeves by rhymz(m): 8:53am On Nov 01, 2009
As if I knew this guy was going to be here with his dumb logic.Just see the stupid question he's asking the poster?'if every diasporan invests in Nigeria what will be the result',Mr Know-it-all,U tell us,U seem to have all the answers,Fool.
Go and look at the economies of China,Japan,the asian tigers,U will know that those economies are home grown and driven by indigenous entrepreneurs.Asia has the highest number of foreign students at different levels studying both in the US and Europe(china,indian and malaysia make the bulk of these students).when they finish studying there,a majority of em go back to thier country to replicate whatever knowledge they ve gained there,2day these nations are a powerful force to reckon with all because they believe that no matter the problem at home,charity begins at home.If Nigeria is going to grow economically we don't need chicken-littles likes Kobowateva to keep telling interested Nigerians that heaven will fall if they did.
A lot of Nigerians in diaspora have investments,started their own companies in Nigeria and are making profits and making their marks through employment and transfer of skills.My Uncle is a leaving example of a wise Diasporaen,he does't spend his time like that lazy Kobo finding faults,he observes and then takes his decisions.When he first came back from Canada,he saw that there was an untapped market for pork in the SE/SS region of Naija,what did he do? He started making his findings,bought a piece of land somewhere around a small town in imo state,employed professionals,got all the neccessary stuff,today he has moved to a bigger place in my own town and is planning to get another one in P/H,he has more than 250 people working directly and indirectly on the pig farm,infact these days he's more in Naija than in Canada where his family is based,if he had the kinda I-know-it-all mindset of that brainless kobo guy,he will never achieve anything.Abeg stop spewing rubbish on NL,keep Ur cents to yourself,nobody needs it,just don't discourage others.
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Moaning And Roll Up Their Sleeves by rhymz(m): 8:53am On Nov 01, 2009
As if I knew this guy was going to be here with his dumb logic.Just see the stupid question he's asking the poster?'if every diasporan invests in Nigeria what will be the result',Mr Know-it-all,U tell us,U seem to have all the answers,Fool.
Go and look at the economies of China,Japan,the asian tigers,U will know that those economies are home grown and driven by indigenous entrepreneurs.Asia has the highest number of foreign students at different levels studying both in the US and Europe(china,indian and malaysia make the bulk of these students).when they finish studying there,a majority of em go back to thier country to replicate whatever knowledge they ve gained there,2day these nations are a powerful force to reckon with all because they believe that no matter the problem at home,charity begins at home.If Nigeria is going to grow economically we don't need chicken-littles likes Kobowateva to keep telling interested Nigerians that heaven will fall if they did.
A lot of Nigerians in diaspora have investments,started their own companies in Nigeria and are making profits and making their marks through employment and transfer of skills.My Uncle is a leaving example of a wise Diasporaen,he does't spend his time like that lazy Kobo finding faults,he observes and then takes his decisions.When he first came back from Canada,he saw that there was an untapped market for pork in the SE/SS region of Naija,what did he do? He started making his findings,bought a piece of land somewhere around a small town in imo state,employed professionals,got all the neccessary stuff,today he has moved to a bigger place in my own town and is planning to get another one in P/H,he has more than 250 people working directly and indirectly on the pig farm,infact these days he's more in Naija than in Canada where his family is based,if he had the kinda I-know-it-all mindset of that brainless kobo guy,he will never achieve anything.Abeg stop spewing rubbish on NL,keep Ur cents to yourself,nobody needs it,just don't discourage others.
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Moaning And Roll Up Their Sleeves by JosBoy4Lif(m): 8:56am On Nov 01, 2009
Kobojunkie:

The word PROFER assumes we have ABSOLUTELY no clue what the solution to the problem is. That is not now, nor has it ever been the case in Nigeria, or Africa. The whole world knows what the problem is and what the solution is.  Sitting back, year after year, pretentiously proffering solutions have led us nowhere. It is time we implement the COMMON SENSE solutions to the problems of the common man now.

bibiking1:

La didadida, all talk but what does this amount to absolutely nothing.
I asked people to proffer solutions; rather they got caught up in the regular merriment that clouds the average Nigerians judgment.
Continue basking in your intelligence while our country continues swimming in filth
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Moaning And Roll Up Their Sleeves by Nobody: 8:59am On Nov 01, 2009
rhymz:

A lot of Nigerians in diaspora have investments,started their own companies in Nigeria and are making profits and making their marks through employment and transfer of skills.My Uncle is a leaving example of a wise Diasporaen,he does't spend his time like that lazy Kobo finding faults,he observes and then takes his decisions.When he first came back from Canada,he saw that there was an untapped market for pork in the SE/SS region of Naija,what did he do? He started making his findings,bought a piece of land somewhere around a small town in imo state,employed professionals,got all the neccessary stuff,today he has moved to a bigger place in my own town and is planning to get another one in P/H,he has more than 250 people working directly and indirectly on the pig farm,infact these days he's more in Naija than in Canada where his family is based,if he had the kinda I-know-it-all mindset of that brainless kobo guy,he will never achieve anything.Abeg stop spewing rubbish on NL,keep your cents to yourself,nobody needs it,just don't discourage others.

Piece of crap!

Its obvious you dont know the special recognition and working environment that awaits Asian students (Chinese especially) when they return home after studying abroad.
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Moaning And Roll Up Their Sleeves by Nobody: 8:59am On Nov 01, 2009
going by nairaland,  all nigerians do is go around blaming each other for their problems, instead of looking for a way to resolve them

if today i came into money and decided to take over nepa and started purging nepa staff - sharp sharp

see he is marginalising christians/ibos/hausas
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Moaning And Roll Up Their Sleeves by Kobojunkie: 9:01am On Nov 01, 2009
JosBoy4Lif:

La didadida, all talk but what does this amount to absolutely nothing.
I asked people to proffer solutions; rather they got caught up in the regular merriment that clouds the average Nigerians judgment.
Continue basking in your intelligence while our country continues swimming in filth

And this is  exactly why I said people ought to learn to LISTEN to the concerns of the people before they act, rather than run off assuming they have it all figured out, only to continue the status quo. Did you bother to read what I posted at all? By the way, do you know the meaning of the word PROFER? Because I notice that word is often used by folks who seem incapable of READING any response that seems to oppose their view in any way.

So, knowing the country is swimming in filth, what you would rather do is continue to pretend you have no idea how to solve the problems, especially the problems face by average Nigerians on a daily basis?  Most of these problems are over what, 30 years old, and you still have no clue what the solution is?
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Moaning And Roll Up Their Sleeves by Nobody: 9:01am On Nov 01, 2009
JosBoy4Lif:

La didadida,  all talk but what does this amount to absolutely nothing.

I bet you are somewhere in Canada with some oyibo chicks taking turns to give you hand jobs. Maybe, thats the solution Nigeria needs now.

Thanks for your enormous contribution! shocked
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Moaning And Roll Up Their Sleeves by Kobojunkie: 9:06am On Nov 01, 2009
nuzo:

Piece of crap!

Its obvious you dont know the special recognition and working environment that awaits Asian students (Chinese especially) when they return home after studying abroad.

His UNCLE employs 250 people, according to his claim. But I would like to know if the man, before putting the profits, made off the back of these 250 people, into his pocket, at least ensures that all 250 of his employees have clean drinking water at home, 24/7 hr electricity at home, free education available to their ward, and good health care 24/7.   Or is it the usual, start businesses, make huge profits, and somehow believe that we have made Nigeria better by doing exactly what we have been doing for decades. I mean even a man who hires 3 boys from the east or somewhere to sell spare parts for him in his Oshodi stores can make the same claim.
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Moaning And Roll Up Their Sleeves by JosBoy4Lif(m): 9:10am On Nov 01, 2009
nuzo:

I bet you are somewhere in Canada with some oyibo chicks taking turns to give you hand jobs. Maybe, thats the solution Nigeria needs now.

Thanks for your enormous contribution! shocked

What have you or KOBO done? Except to criticize everything that comes out of Nigeria; good day!
Continue hiding behind the facade that everything that comes out of Nigeria is terrible, I will not.
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Moaning And Roll Up Their Sleeves by Kobojunkie: 9:15am On Nov 01, 2009
JosBoy4Lif:

What have you or KOBO done? Except to criticize everything that comes out of Nigeria; good day!
Continue hiding behind the facade that everything that comes out of Nigeria is terrible, I will not.

Here is the problem, I have NEVER criticized EVERYTHING that comes out of Nigeria NEGATIVELY, but in your delusion and inability to see past your personal issues with me having an opinion, you have conveniently made that conclusion so you can continue to play the US vs THEM card whenever you can, to put yourself among the PATRIOTIC bunch. I average about 15 posts a day here and anyone who actually tracks them would note that you just made the above up for your egos sake. grin

Also, since when did criticizing anything become the cause of Nigeria's problem? This US vs THEM mentality needs to be dropped for one, as that has been used by many of the so called leaders in playing Nigerians against themselves and I am of the mind that people who allow themselves be played in such a way are extremely dangerous.

Now back to the topic at hand, I asked you earlier if you have any clue what the word PROFFER means and why continuing, even up till November 2009 calling for people to proffer solutions when it ought to be clear to even the nitwits among us that the problem is not that solutions are not available but that we are slow to implementing solutions that we already know of and will go a long way in alleviating the Nigerian condition as we have come to know it.
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Moaning And Roll Up Their Sleeves by Nobody: 9:25am On Nov 01, 2009
Kobojunkie:

His UNCLE employs 250 people, according to his claim. But I would like to know if the man, before putting the profits, made off the back of these 250 people, into his pocket, at least ensures that all 250 of his employees have clean drinking water at home, 24/7 hr electricity at home, free education available to their ward, and good health care 24/7.   Or is it the usual, start businesses, make huge profits, and somehow believe that we have made Nigeria better by doing exactly what we have been doing for decades. I mean even a man who hires 3 boys from the east or somewhere to sell spare parts for him in his Oshodi stores can make the same claim.  

To be fair to the misguided man, he could argue that his uncle provides these basic amenities to his employees.
However, he didnt mention how much his uncle invested in the so-called business (wonder if one can buy land with $2k), he didnt mention what type of business it was (for all we know, it could be oil bunkering or some illegal biz).

But assuming his uncle is into ligit bis and provides employment for 250 people which I agree is a good thing. . . we can all also agree that almost all nigerians directly or indirectly is an employer of labor, even longer than his uncle.
Now, how does that save us from the filth as everyone seem to have been doing what his uncle just did?
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Moaning And Roll Up Their Sleeves by KnowAll(m): 9:26am On Nov 01, 2009
Nigeria will get better if everyone does their own quota and stop passing every goddam thing to a euphoric government as if the government is not us.
Thanks again ROSSIKE,posts such as yourz give me hope that Nigeria can still make it if we can be reasonable and more patriotic.  

Are u proposing that Nigerians take their eyes of the ball so that  the Bode George's of Nigeria can continue to plunder the resources of our great nation.

This view above sounds and appears as those of a goverment official that is already feeling the heat of constructive critisim. Sycophancy and ass licking is one thing we should banish from our society, it is an endemic disease in our national conscience that requires a prompt and immediate surgery
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Moaning And Roll Up Their Sleeves by Nobody: 9:30am On Nov 01, 2009
JosBoy4Lif:

I will borrow a quote from one of the few patriotic Nigerians around here to adress your situaton:

bibiking1:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Mimiko Meets OPC Members Over Killing Of Colleague By Fulani’s Herdsmen / Ijaw Leaders Promise To Resolve Militancy Crisis In 30 Days / Minimum Wage: Labour Rejects Fayemi’s Proposed Salary Adjustment For Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.