Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,415 members, 7,822,935 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

Lessons I Learnt From 2016 US Presidental Elections: Donald Trump's Victory - Foreign Affairs (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Lessons I Learnt From 2016 US Presidental Elections: Donald Trump's Victory (39865 Views)

Meet Chinese Monkey That Prophesied Trump’s Victory / Two Unclad Ladies Protesting Against Donald Trump's Victory Arrested By Police / TRUMP The Loser Of US Presidental Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lessons I Learnt From 2016 US Presidental Elections: Donald Trump's Victory by Eventoned: 11:17pm On Nov 12, 2016
Lesson- don't build your life on public opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Lessons I Learnt From 2016 US Presidental Elections: Donald Trump's Victory by Nobody: 8:51am On Nov 13, 2016
lefulefu:
cheesycheesy lol hope u heard that former Mexican president Vicente Fox replied Trump by saying the Mexicans aint goin to build any Bleep**n wall.Well i think most of Trump rhetorics was said just to appeal to the racist rednecks.Its just the same way same way some of our politicians make bogus promises in naija when campaigning.But then what is worrying everybody is that Trump can be unstable sometimes and he gives in to erratic emotions.So him being the presido of the most powerful nation on earth is like a six year old kid handling a ferrari at breakneck speed.you know how it would end up.

I agree.

2 Likes

Re: Lessons I Learnt From 2016 US Presidental Elections: Donald Trump's Victory by bukatyne(f): 3:48pm On Dec 18, 2016
@Mindfulness and Timbuktou:

I appreciate your efforts on building this thread ad providing content. You both (especially) and others made the thread front page.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Lessons I Learnt From 2016 US Presidental Elections: Donald Trump's Victory by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jun 14, 2018
Mindfulness:

You take it too seriously. wink

For me, it is not even about Hillary or Donald. They were the candidates of American people. I am not even an illegal immigrant there. I am located elsewhere and I vote there. The American people have made their choice and even though a majority voted for Hillary, with the winner takes it all principle he has won the electorate vote. Like I told you on some other thread, do not lump everyone together because they happen to be from the same place.

However, I find it disturbing that Black people will actually celebrate him after all. And me taking it seriously is a mistake, you are right. I should not have quoted dvmbness in the first place. It was a mistake, killed a few of my brain cells, it doesn't mean a thing evetually. I have enough intelligence for all. grin

All the rants you made here is because you think Donald Trump wasn't supposed to win because he's a misogynist or whatever... you're insulting blacks because they celebrated his victory.. like seriously?

You've no right to tell people who to vote for whether he's racist or misogynistic.

If we're even talking about racism, blacks are more racist then whites!

Isn't it in Nigeria or Uganda that a white man was hired to play a role in a church stuff and all hell went loose? they were all saying a black man should've been used ! isn't that racist? if it was in the US that in a church stuff all the people used are whites, won't black people shout racism?

Africans are more racist than one could ever think off..

despite all your rants that trump will be a failure

fast forward to 2018..the US economy is doing better
Illegal immigration is at an all time low
Dow at an all time highest
Trump is already bringing north Korea and Iran to their knees
He recognized Jerusalem as the capital of israel
He has fulfilled almost 70% of his campaign promises .

What the masses care about is whether you can deliver or not ... nobody cares about your gender or racist shít.

A woman contested and lost ,that's why all of you were angry. so the election should've been rigged because she's a woman..

Trump has put y'all to shame.

1 Like

Re: Lessons I Learnt From 2016 US Presidental Elections: Donald Trump's Victory by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jun 14, 2018
Onegai:
Trump told White uneducated people: "I am going to bring your jobs back and stop these nonsense Latinos taking work from you. Also muslims and Black Lives Matter because a lot of you are police families and you feel under attack."

He told White Educated people: "I am going to deport Nigerians and Indians taking your jobs and stop these Muslim attacks. I will also reduce healthcare coverage because you are now paying more for it since more poor people joined for free or for cheap. I will also end Black Lives Matter because they are using it to make you feel guilty for being White"

He told White Christians: "Enough with this Gay rights and transgender nonsense, I am also going to overturn Abortion".

He told rich White people: "I am going to cut taxes for you."

Trump won all their votes. Call it Identity Politics, in Nigeria we call it Tribal Politics and everyone plays it (how GEJ remembered his middle name was "Eberechukwu" when he was up for re-election, how Buhari promised to Northerners to expand Sharia Law, Oba of Lagos Island and his "Go to the Lagoon speech if you don't vote my guy", Igbo people and whomever promises them Biafra, the list goes on).

So many of them voted for him and admitted that he didn't have the temperament to be President but they just wanted to give a big "F-you" to the coastal cities and the elites. In 2 years' time when the Repubs can't deliver (and they cannot, their economic and healthcare plan doesn't favour poor people), they will vote them out during midterms. Same thing they did to Obama. The problem is all the damage he and the Republicans would have done in that time (limiting press freedom, privatising Medicaid and messing up Universal Healthcare, driving up debt, maybe being foolish enough to get into a trade war with China, Canada and Mexico, most definitely allowing Russia push its expansionist agenda and hold Europe to ransom, giving North Korea balls to threaten South Korea with nuclear warfare, pissing off enough Western-born muslims into radicalising and reinvigorating ISIS same as UKIP did, the good thing is that they will stay away from Syria and Assad).

This is BS
Re: Lessons I Learnt From 2016 US Presidental Elections: Donald Trump's Victory by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jun 14, 2018
Timbuktuo:

And while the economy is in shambles who gets the blame for it being where it is curently? That's right, the establishment. embodied by Clinton. Policies generally determine economic welfare, and in this case the policy if globalism was burned at stake. Again, who embodies globalism, Clinton. Same Clinton, by the way who vowed to continue Obama's policies, double down on them, if you will.

I have said that people voted in Trump because he represents a change of fortunes. I don't think you have read or understood my points and stand all along, or even the article you quoted. You think if Hillary had come out with her smooth talk and failed against globalism and spoke to the economic worries of the 'racist' population like Trump did, we'd have a president Trump? She represented Obama2.0, as such she was untenable. Whether Trump actually fulfils his promise of economic prosperity is irrelevant, he was voted in on the 'change' platform, a platform Hillary could also have run on.

I'll tell you why the media coverage isn't irrelevant. If they had been objective and picked Trump's policy apart in relation to his support, they and other Hillary surrogates would have had a finger on the pulse of the people. All they did was dismiss anyone who supported Trump as uneducated, poorly educated or bigot in some form or the other. The real analysis of Trump's appeal was lost on them. Again, all Hillary had to do was see what Trump was doing right and tap into that market. Did she? No. Why? Because she was blind to it, and the media greatly helped keep the blindfold on.

You know why it is a victory against the media? Because the media had the gall to pontificate to these people who to vote for. The media said, "if you don't vote Hillary, you're sexist" but their bellies were rumbling. The media said, " if you support Trump, you're a dunce, you're uneducated, you're low information, you're etc." Trump and his supporters were openly derided and sneered at. There was show after show on TV questioning why any woman would vote for Trump. So, these people went underground waiting for election day. They bided their time and struck when the opportunity presented itself. And the media meltdown was music to their ears. Media engagement is at an all-time low in the US. Of course, you can google this as well.

Blah, blah, blah.

They've all been put to shame.
Re: Lessons I Learnt From 2016 US Presidental Elections: Donald Trump's Victory by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jun 14, 2018
Elder001:

All the rants you made here is because you think Donald Trump wasn't supposed to win because he's a misogynist or whatever... you're insulting blacks because they celebrated his victory.. like seriously?

You've no right to tell people who to vote for whether he's racist or misogynistic.

If we're even talking about racism, blacks are more racist then whites!

Isn't it in Nigeria or Uganda that a white man was hired to play a role in a church stuff and all hell went loose? they were all saying a black man should've been used ! isn't that racist? if it was in the US that in a church stuff all the people used are whites, won't black people shout racism?
Africans are more racist than one could ever think off..

despite all your rants that trump will be a failure

The racism of one people is not a justification for the racism of other people.

fast forward to 2018..the US economy is doing better
Illegal immigration is at an all time low
Dow at an all time highest
Trump is already bringing north Korea and Iran to their knees
He recognized Jerusalem as the capital of israel
He has fulfilled almost 70% of his campaign promises .

What the masses care about is whether you can deliver or not ... nobody cares about your gender or racist shít.

A woman contested and lost ,that's why all of you were angry. so the election should've been rigged because she's a woman..

Trump has put y'all to shame.

Trump has inherited a good economic climate. The economy is booming now. Next phase, recession. I am waiting to see how he will save it with his tax giveaways for the rich since they led to a higher deficit. If he were smart, he would have used the money to reduce the deficit but Republicans only know fiscal responsibility when Democrats are in power. Oh, the hypocrisy.

Illegal immigration is at an all time low and right-wing nuts feel free to discriminate against minorities. What an achievement.
Dow may be high but let us see what you will say when the bubble explodes like it already did after Clinton and Bush got rid of regulations like Trump did. The average Jo will pay for it.

I don't see how the recognition of Jerusalem as Israel's capital is a good thing for the American people.

I have not seen any wall and I have not seen Obamacare repealed and replaced. I have neither seen the national debt being taken care of like he promised he would.

What I have seen though is an attack on democratic institutions and values. Hitler in the making.

2 Likes

Re: Lessons I Learnt From 2016 US Presidental Elections: Donald Trump's Victory by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jun 14, 2018
Mindfulness:

The racism of one people is not a justification for the racism of other people.

Trump has inherited a good economic climate. The economy is booming now. Next phase, recession. I am waiting to see how he will save it with his tax giveaways for the rich since they led to a higher deficit. If he were smart, he would have used the money to reduce the deficit but Republicans only know fiscal responsibility when Democrats are in power. Oh, the hypocrisy.

Illegal immigration is at an all time low and right-wing nuts feel free to discriminate against minorities. What an achievement.
Dow may be high but let us see what you will say when the bubble explodes like it already did after Clinton and Bush got rid of regulations like Trump did. The average Jo will pay for it.

I don't see how the recognition of Jerusalem as Israel's capital is a good thing for the American people.

I have not seen any wall and I have not seen Obamacare repealed and replaced. I have neither seen the national debt being taken care of like he promised he would.

What I have seen though is an attack on democratic institutions and values. Hitler in the making.

Obamacare hasn't be repealed because liberals are bent on frustrating any move made by trump.. everything he does is bad in their eyes.

They might even come out to criticize him for meeting with North Korean leader.

The Democratic party doesn't mean well for American citizens.

The fact still remains that trump has done better than y'all ever imagined!
even the women that were complaining back then, more than 60% of white women and 37% of black women are now in support of trump!

Border Wall..

Mexico will pay for that wall directly but if that fails they'll be made to be indirectly through NAFTA!
Trump is ready to break every disobedient knee.

The main reason why you're still angry with trump is because HRC, a woman lost to him.

HRC has turned into a wailing dog! she speak about her election loss in any country she visits! any speech she's giving!

Wake up from your sentimental hate... the fact that trump decimated HRC politically doesn't give a ground for you to hate him.

It's not by force for a woman to be president.

and as for the racism..

as long as blacks continue to be racist the racism of whites is justified.

Trump has shamed y'all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lessons I Learnt From 2016 US Presidental Elections: Donald Trump's Victory by Nobody: 11:42am On Jun 15, 2018
Elder001:

Obamacare hasn't be repealed because liberals are bent on frustrating any move made by trump.. everything he does is bad in their eyes.

They might even come out to criticize him for meeting with North Korean leader.

The Democratic party doesn't mean well for American citizens.

The fact still remains that trump has done better than y'all ever imagined!
even the women that were complaining back then, more than 60% of white women and 37% of black women are now in support of trump!

Border Wall..

Mexico will pay for that wall directly but if that fails they'll be made to be indirectly through NAFTA!
Trump is ready to break every disobedient knee.

The main reason why you're still angry with trump is because HRC, a woman lost to him.

HRC has turned into a wailing dog! she speak about her election loss in any country she visits! any speech she's giving!

Wake up from your sentimental hate... the fact that trump decimated HRC politically doesn't give a ground for you to hate him.

It's not by force for a woman to be president.

and as for the racism..

as long as blacks continue to be racist the racism of whites is justified.

Trump has shamed y'all.

He has the House and the Senate and it is the Democrats' fault Obamacare has not been repealed and replaced yet? grin
I stopped reading after this sentence. You don't make sense.

By the way, how is his foundation doing? Another investigation. grin grin
Re: Lessons I Learnt From 2016 US Presidental Elections: Donald Trump's Victory by Donjazzy12(m): 8:08pm On Jun 15, 2018
cococandy:
The main lesson to learn is that most of them are still in their hearts racist, misogynist, homophobic and whatever else Trump represents.

It means never relax in the fight against segregation and discrimination because it's only the laws that keep people 'good'. When they have the chance to be themselves without repercussions, their anti-other-humans-who-are-not-like-us sides will come glaring.
Married lesbian, how far?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lessons I Learnt From 2016 US Presidental Elections: Donald Trump's Victory by Nobody: 1:06am On Jun 16, 2018
Mindfulness:

He has the House and the Senate and it is the Democrats' fault Obamacare has not been repealed and replaced yet? grin
I stopped reading after this sentence. You don't make sense.

By the way, how is his foundation doing? Another investigation. grin grin

I prefer to reserve my comment.

You can talk without being utterly ridiculous and behaving like a teenager who doesn't understand US politics.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Gambian Army Chief Rejoicing After Barrow's Inauguration (Photo, Video) / Russia Will Bear The Consequences: Biden introduces more sanctions / Trump Sacks Sally Yates After She Declines To Defend Travel Ban

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.