Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,643 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

Standard Rate For Upkeep Allowance for working Wifey! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Standard Rate For Upkeep Allowance for working Wifey! (1311 Views)

How Does One Make Wifey To Earn An Income / Should Working Class Wives Be Given 'Upkeep'? / Will You Be Angry With Your Wife If You Discover She's Saving From Upkeep Money? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Standard Rate For Upkeep Allowance for working Wifey! by barakah(m): 4:12pm On Nov 10, 2016
Hello House,
I'm trying t o fix a rate for upkeep/pocket allowance for my Madam.
In the face of the recession and the unstable exchange rate she has insisted on a review and steady payment of an upkeep allowance.
Talking about the enemies within abi Lol.
Please from your experience and rate of inflation what do you suggest as the rate for a working woman if at all?
One with two infant kids and a not too demanding hubby.
Looking forward to your many criticism.
Re: Standard Rate For Upkeep Allowance for working Wifey! by Nobody: 4:54pm On Nov 10, 2016
Well it depends on how much you earn and how much she herself earn too. Since she is a working class married woman, the allowance shouldn't be much.

In my opinion, I think you should give her money for foodstuffs, money for the upkeep of your infant kids, then she should use her own money to care for herself since she is working.

3 Likes

Re: Standard Rate For Upkeep Allowance for working Wifey! by Nobody: 6:47pm On Nov 10, 2016
Lol. Op if you want a good answer, you should also post your income rate as well as your wive's. Then we can tell you the proper upkeep rate.

1 Like

Re: Standard Rate For Upkeep Allowance for working Wifey! by barakah(m): 7:35am On Nov 11, 2016
Catalin:
Well it depends on how much you earn and how much she herself earn too. Since she is a working class married woman, the allowance shouldn't be much.
In my opinion, I think you should give her money for f[b]oodstuffs, money for the upkeep of your infant kids, then she should use her own money to care for herself since she is working[/b].

Doing all of the bolded without blinking an eyelid.
Thanks for the admonition.

RadicallyBlunt:
[b]Lol. Op if you want a good answer, you should also post your income rate as well as your wive's. [/b]Then we can tell you the proper upkeep rate.

I guess the good answer is one coming from you.
I couldn't do that even if my life depended on it.
Re: Standard Rate For Upkeep Allowance for working Wifey! by jashar(f): 8:00pm On Nov 11, 2016
Give what you have.

Re: Standard Rate For Upkeep Allowance for working Wifey! by baby124: 10:26pm On Nov 11, 2016
Give a percentage after bills and savings if you want to. Never give what will make you borrow or bankrupt you. She's your wife no more your girlfriend so more focus should be on building your life together. Rather than allowance.

She's working, you don't have to give allowance except that was the agreement you both had before marriage which I find absurd. But what works for me, will not work for you.
Re: Standard Rate For Upkeep Allowance for working Wifey! by Acidosis(m): 7:06am On Nov 12, 2016
I don't see the need for an allowance, even if she's out of job.

She's your wife sir. Give her access to your ATM cards.

(1) (Reply)

A Nairalander Welcomes A Bouncing Baby Girl As His First Child. / Why Do You Need A Wife? / Please Help I Don't What Is Wrong With Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.