Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,756 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

Why Do You Need A Wife? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do You Need A Wife? (1310 Views)

A Wife's Birthday Wish List To Husband After He Asked For What She Wants / Can You Trust A Wife Like This? / Mistakes Men Make While Choosing A Wife In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do You Need A Wife? by haul: 12:47pm On Jun 10, 2019
I’m looking for a convincing reason you need a wife.Dont say children cause you can always get that once you’re financially alright

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Need A Wife? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jun 10, 2019
Why do we have to convince you? Is somebody forcing you to get married? If you want to stay single then stay single, mtcheeeeew. Nonsense undecided

8 Likes

Re: Why Do You Need A Wife? by Acidosis(m): 1:50pm On Jun 10, 2019
fieryy:
Why do we have to convince you? Is somebody forcing you to get married? If you want to stay single then stay single, mtcheeeeew. Nonsense undecided

easy aunty smiley smiley
Re: Why Do You Need A Wife? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jun 10, 2019
It's not a matter of needing although there could be situations in your life in which you could need the support of a partner. Sure, a brother/sister/friend can offer some support in times of struggle but it is only a wife that will give you a home. So ask yourself if you want it not whether you need it. And your desire, if any, is a much better foundation than your neediness. wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Need A Wife? by ibkayee(f): 3:21pm On Jun 10, 2019
You mean what can you get in a wife that you can’t in a girlfriend?

Depends on the individuals, every relationship is different. But nowadays, generally, all I can think of is the legal recognition and a higher level of commitment since you can still get companionship, love, support etc without getting married

If you don’t want to get married, don’t tbh, unlike females, nobody is society isn’t forcing you

3 Likes

Re: Why Do You Need A Wife? by haul: 3:28pm On Jun 10, 2019
ibkayee:
You mean what can you get in a wife that you can’t in a girlfriend?

Depends on the individuals, every relationship is different. But nowadays, generally, all I can think of is the legal recognition and a higher level of commitment since you can still get companionship, love, support etc without getting married

If you don’t want to get married, don’t tbh, unlike females, nobody is society isn’t forcing you.

I don’t even keep girlfriends I have never had none cause honestly I haven’t been convinced on what a woman brings and I’m sure some women out there also feels the same that what’s a man bringing.

I see it as I will contribute for rent power even buy cars pay children fees run the house.maybe I’m just to mechanical and I’m applying too much rationality but I look at man and woman from a profit and loss view like does my profit commensurate with my loss being with a woman.

And this is no disrespect to womanhood but I’m not just convinced yet though I’ve had countless of sex and in that aspect it was good but getting married for sex is absurd to me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Need A Wife? by liberalchick(f): 3:35pm On Jun 10, 2019
If you are asking for you, no one can tell you why you need a wife, only you knows what you want/need in a wife and if you think you can meet those needs without a wife then you have your answer.

Unless this is just one of those troll questions set up to bash Nigerian women. If you have to ask why you need a wife, chances are you are not matured(not ready) to have one yet or you don’t have a need for one.

If it’s a general question, men need wives for various reasons there is no right answer. Also, because of technology more and more people both men AND women are beginning to question the need for marriage in the 21st century.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Need A Wife? by nuelyoyo(m): 3:39pm On Jun 10, 2019
fieryy:
Aunty take it easy na, he might actually want to get married but need good reasons why he should. His post is not enough to conclude that he doesn't want marriage.
Re: Why Do You Need A Wife? by Bossjakande: 3:40pm On Jun 10, 2019
liberalchick:
No one can tell you why you need a wife, only you knows what you want/need in a wife and if you think you can meet those needs without a wife then you have your answer.

Unless this is just one of those troll questions set up to bash Nigerian women. If you have to ask why you need a wife, chances are you are not matured to have one yet or you don’t have a need for one.
mama I think is a general question open to d house
Re: Why Do You Need A Wife? by liberalchick(f): 3:43pm On Jun 10, 2019
Yes I realized my error so I went back to edit my comment for both scenarios. Thanks for pointing it out .

Bossjakande:
mama I think is a general question open to d house
Re: Why Do You Need A Wife? by liberalchick(f): 3:51pm On Jun 10, 2019
I don’t blame her for being harsh lol I was also tempted to but I wanted to give OP the benefit of a doubt.

We see this topic so MANY times and most are disguised to bash Nigerian women. Just watch this thread most will not even answer the question, they will go straight to “how Nigerian women are useless who needs them” type of thread.

However, I hope it’s a genuine topic because it’s an interesting one. I know many people in my circle that aren’t married (even though they can) or don’t plan to. As society becomes more lax in enforcing “family values” and things people need partners for are gradually getting replaced, more people no longer have the urge to get married. It’s just my opinion though based on my experience.
nuelyoyo:
Aunty take it easy na, he might actually want to get married but need good reasons why he should. His post is not enough to conclude that he doesn't want marriage.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do You Need A Wife? by crackhaus: 3:53pm On Jun 10, 2019
As for me,

Maybe Bukatyne and UjuJoan2 can do justice to this.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do You Need A Wife? by ibkayee(f): 3:53pm On Jun 10, 2019
haul:

I don’t even keep girlfriends I have never had none cause honestly I haven’t been convinced on what a woman brings and I’m sure some women out there also feels the same that what’s a man bringing.

I see it as I will contribute for rent power even buy cars pay children fees run the house.maybe I’m just to mechanical and I’m applying too much rationality but I look at man and woman from a profit and loss view like does my profit commensurate with my loss being with a woman.

And this is no disrespect to womanhood but I’m not just convinced yet though I’ve had countless of sex and I that aspect it was good but getting married for sex is absurd to me.
People get into relationships for different reasons, if in however many years you’ve been on earth you haven’t been convinced on the value of one, fair enough, don’t get into one. Relationships won’t be for everyone
Re: Why Do You Need A Wife? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jun 10, 2019
nuelyoyo:

Uncle, the only person that can give him reasons to why he should get married is ....NOBODY!

It's a personal decision, if he doesn't have any reason to get married, then he shouldn't

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Need A Wife? by Bossjakande: 4:04pm On Jun 10, 2019
I need a wife cos i need a sex mate.I want a woman to share my bed with foreva.only useless men sleep around.
I need a wife cos I need children I want to have a children from one woman for dem to grow together and know how it is to have both dad and mum in same house .
i need a wife cos I need a cook.men who eat outside up and down Neva live long.most times thier enemy poison dem or use juju against dem so thier life is useless.I want to eat her food foreva.
I need a wife to take care of children home and house work or visitors.
I need a wife for respect. no one will respect u in family church society and work if u are not married.one tin DAT pains me is if I go for youth meeting I'm church sit down with 20yrs too.
I need a wife to spend my money on.u feel good wen u do DAT.
I need a wife to grow old with. most children once dey enta schl graduated. dey abandon u and u are alone and in pains of loneliness. at 80 can u still be after girlfriend. also for grandkids and DAT ur children take care of u later. I know one baba with 7 kids yet dey dont want to see him.he born dem for diffrent women. now his old and lonely. cant go after women again.
I need a wife cos God command us to do so.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Need A Wife? by UjuJoan2: 4:05pm On Jun 10, 2019
crackhaus:
As for me,

I can't abeg . . . . I'm doing enough work here trying to convince my brothers. angry
Re: Why Do You Need A Wife? by Preshy561(f): 4:07pm On Jun 10, 2019
Bossjakande:
I need a wife cos i need a sex mate.I want a woman to share my bed with foreva.only useless men sleep around.
I need a wife cos I need children I want to have a children from one woman for dem to grow together and know how it is to have both dad and mum in same house .
i need a wife cos I need a cook.men who eat outside up and down Neva live long.most times thier enemy poison dem or use juju against dem so thier life is useless.I want to eat her food foreva.
I need a wife for respect. no one will respect u in family church society and work if u are not married.one tin DAT pains me is if I go for youth meeting I'm church sit down with 20yrs too.
I need a wife to grow old with. most children once dey enta schl graduated. dey abandon u and u are alone and in pains of loneliness. at 80 can u still be after girlfriend. also for grandkids and DAT ur children take care of u later. I know one baba with 7 kids yet dey dont want to see him.he born dem for diffrent women. now his old and lonely. cant go after women again.
Boss Boss, you and sex eeh.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Need A Wife? by nuelyoyo(m): 4:08pm On Jun 10, 2019
fieryy:

Uncle, the only person that can give him reasons to why he wants to get married is ....NOBODY!

It's a personal decision, if he doesn't have any reason to get married, then he shouldn't
But you haven't even answered his question. "Why do men need a wife?". Please answer.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Need A Wife? by Bossjakande: 4:08pm On Jun 10, 2019
fieryy:
madam not evrything is man vs woman.be matured for once cos is a simple question sometimes I think d only thing DAT keep u people on internet is dis nonsence male and female fight.why fight wen pple get married evry Saturday. gosh.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Need A Wife? by nuelyoyo(m): 4:10pm On Jun 10, 2019
fieryy:

Uncle, the only person that can give him reasons to why he wants to get married is ....NOBODY!

But you haven't even answered his question. "Why do men need a wife?", Please answer.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Need A Wife? by nuelyoyo(m): 4:12pm On Jun 10, 2019
Preshy561:

So of all the things he listed, it's only the sex part that got ur attention. Sister you sef like sex.
Re: Why Do You Need A Wife? by Bossjakande: 4:13pm On Jun 10, 2019
Preshy561:

hahaha baby not cos I started with DAT . but to every man sex food money and children is one of the things DAT make a man happy. at least for me. oya drop ur answer.
Re: Why Do You Need A Wife? by ibkayee(f): 4:16pm On Jun 10, 2019
Bossjakande:
Honest post

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Need A Wife? by yinkeys(m): 4:16pm On Jun 10, 2019
Preshy561:

Nothing bad in all that.
He only stated his needs genuinely
No reason to be fake about it.
Life is too short
Re: Why Do You Need A Wife? by Preshy561(f): 4:18pm On Jun 10, 2019
Bossjakande:
hahaha baby not cos I started with DAT . but to every man sex food money and children is one of the things DAT make a man happy. at least for me. oya drop ur answer.
Lool. Well, true shaa!!.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Need A Wife? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jun 10, 2019
nuelyoyo:
But you haven't even answered his question. "Why do men need a wife?". Please answer.

Go and re-read what I wrote because you seem to not get it
Re: Why Do You Need A Wife? by bukatyne(f): 4:33pm On Jun 10, 2019
Bossjakande:

@haul,

He has done the groundwork.

Add/remove as you deem fit.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Need A Wife? by bukatyne(f): 4:34pm On Jun 10, 2019
crackhaus:
As for me,

The OP has to realize the need to be married himself.

No one can do that for him.
Re: Why Do You Need A Wife? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jun 10, 2019
To everyone who thinks I'm being too harsh, truth is if OP doesn't see why he should get married, then he simply shouldn't!

By trying to "convince" him, all you are doing is stating why YOUUUUUU want to get married NOT why heeeeee should get married.

Marriage is a PERSONAL decision, which means everybody marries for different reasons, be it love, security etc. It doesn't matter.

I have friends, who don't plan on getting married because according to them, they do not need a certificate to prove their love.

Marriage isn't a must or a necessity, but a personal choice and if he doesn't see any reason to why marriage is important, then he shouldn't get married.

NOBODY is able to convince another person to make a decision based on a reason ONLY HE can have.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do You Need A Wife? by Bossjakande: 4:55pm On Jun 10, 2019
fieryy:
To everyone who thinks I'm being to harsh, truth is if OP doesn't see why he should get married, then he simply shouldn't!

By trying to convince him, all you are doing is stating why YOUUUUUU want to get married NOT why heeeeee should get married.

Marriage is a PERSONAL decision, which means everybody marries for different reasons, be it love, security etc. It doesn't matter.

I have friends, who don't plan on getting married because according to them, they do not need a certificate to prove their love.

Marriage isn't a must or a necessity, but a personal choice and if he doesn't see any reason to why marriage is important, then he shouldn't be married.

NOBODY is able to convince another person to make a decision ONLY HE can make.
pple like u are d one DAT destroy society marriage is true love and commitment not just certificate. our ancestor got married witout certificate. u want to enjoy good things of marriage but no commitment. dats why we have baby mama and baby papa out dere plenty cos dey hate marriage.see a boy like wizkid he saw his son only like 7days a year. money is not evrything.I know rich guys like psqur DAT married as it shld be. I wont chat about dis again.we all know wat is right or wrong if u like modern or live abroad right is still right. bukatyne tnx dear.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Need A Wife? by eyinjuege: 5:32pm On Jun 10, 2019
Obviously, there is no use of a partner for you. Continue to live your single life fabulously.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Need A Wife? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jun 10, 2019
nuelyoyo:

If a man can't decide by himself why he needs a wife, he should go fck himself. No be by force ehn.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Proud Dad Reveals His Daughter Learned To Stand At Eight Weeks (Photos) / Help With Tips On Making My Room Look Nice / RELOCATION CLEARANCE SALES - Lekki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.