Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,105 members, 7,814,877 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

Mechanical Engineering In Poly Or Physics Education In University - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Mechanical Engineering In Poly Or Physics Education In University (1164 Views)

Mechanical Engineering Or Computer Science? / Thread For Mechanical Engineers... / Career Prospects Of An Hnd Mechanical Engineering Graduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mechanical Engineering In Poly Or Physics Education In University by sogodihno: 11:47am On Nov 11, 2016
Nairalanders, I seek your help. Pls, advice, mechanical engineering in polytechnic(MAPOLY precisely) or physics education in university(OAU). My younger brother has been given admission into these two school with this courses. I know mechanical engineering is way better than physics education,but this issue of discrimination between Bsc and HND is another factor to consider. The course or the school?

Abeg! Help our career
Re: Mechanical Engineering In Poly Or Physics Education In University by dejt4u(m): 12:06pm On Nov 11, 2016
Re: Mechanical Engineering In Poly Or Physics Education In University by sogodihno: 12:24pm On Nov 11, 2016
dejt4u:
you are wrong @the bolded..

I will advice you to tell your brother to grab that OAU admission before it is too late.

Remember to tell him to be very serious because of OAU white house.. Most of my colleagues couldn't finish the course including my class rep in 100L. MTH and PHY failure are very real.

I'm a graduate of that dept, 2014

Tanks, but what are the career prospects in physics education apart from teaching/lecturing. Everyone know how wide Mechanical engineering is and mech engineer can work almost every where. Tanks in anticipation
Re: Mechanical Engineering In Poly Or Physics Education In University by sogodihno: 12:26pm On Nov 11, 2016
Lalastica, Abeg! Help my ministry, let this have a wider view. Help me put in front page
Re: Mechanical Engineering In Poly Or Physics Education In University by dejt4u(m): 1:10pm On Nov 11, 2016
Re: Mechanical Engineering In Poly Or Physics Education In University by darkhorizon: 1:50pm On Nov 11, 2016
dejt4u:
studying education physics does not limit you to education line alone.. You can explore all areas physics (medical, exploration, atmospheric, geophysics, solid state, nuclear and atomic physics etc). In fact, you can getting higher degrees in physics major with a BSc.Ed physics..

That is, your career prospect in line with those that study pure physics.

Again, you need to get a very good CGPA. Physics education in OAU is not child's play.. You will get double honour so be prepared for double stress..

Get your facts right sir, physics education is a department in another department:science education.
In which its primary aim is to produce teachers who can teach Science subjects(Physics in this case) at secondary school level.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Mechanical Engineering In Poly Or Physics Education In University by dejt4u(m): 2:11pm On Nov 11, 2016
Re: Mechanical Engineering In Poly Or Physics Education In University by sogodihno: 6:41pm On Nov 11, 2016
darkhorizon:

Get your facts right sir, physics education is a department in another department:science education.
In which its primary aim is to produce teachers who can teach Science subjects(Physics in this case) at secondary school level.

Cheers.

Hmm. That's it
Re: Mechanical Engineering In Poly Or Physics Education In University by darkhorizon: 8:48pm On Nov 11, 2016
dejt4u:
it's "primary aim" but not the "only"..
Take note

Thats its Primary aim, meaning that is the foundation of the programme .
Thats why they go for teaching practice,, and their undergrad thesis is about improving the way Science (Physics in this case) is taught in secondary schools

1 Like

Re: Mechanical Engineering In Poly Or Physics Education In University by sogodihno: 9:53pm On Nov 11, 2016
darkhorizon:

Thats its Primary aim, meaning that is the foundation of the programme .
Thats why they go for teaching practice,, and their undergrad thesis is about improving the way Science (Physics in this case) is taught in secondary schools

Thanks for the contribution, but this issue of discrimination between Bsc and hnd is a problem and is like the course someone study doesn't really matter nowadays
Re: Mechanical Engineering In Poly Or Physics Education In University by Nobody: 10:45pm On Nov 11, 2016
sogodihno:
Nairalanders, I seek your help. Pls, advice, mechanical engineering in polytechnic(MAPOLY presicily) or physics education in university(OAU). My younger brother has been given admission into these two school with this courses. I know mechanical engineering is way better than physics education,but this issue of discrimination between Bsc and HND is another factor to consider. The course or the school?

Abeg! Help our career
Op I believe you made a slight typo with your spelling of precisely. Try to edit it.

(1) (Reply)

CAD Mechanical Design And Software / All You Need To Know About Federal Inland Revenue Service. (FIRS) / The Most Important Skill You Must Learn To Succeed In Anything You Do!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.