Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting (19949 Views)

House Hunting, What's The Most Ridiculous Thing An Agent Has Done/said To You? / 5 Things To Do Before House Hunting / 7 Must Know Tips For House Hunting In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by YTderin(f): 9:07am On Nov 12, 2016
Try ToLet.com.ng, there are so many options on there for you. You don't need to look for houses under the sun. They are all online.
Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by Nobody: 9:10am On Nov 12, 2016
zeb04:
me on other hand is friends hunting. if you stay in Abj and looking to make a friend,say Hi

What kinda friend have you got in mind grin
Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by dayjeee(m): 9:14am On Nov 12, 2016
ekanDamie:

am interested how much is akute to berger? and instead of a room n palour is just 1room self contain possible to find?
Bike is faster, and it's #100, bus is about #80...there's no single room self contain
Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by tjskii(f): 9:22am On Nov 12, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

You're a big joke

I've come to a conclusion that you don't need a house for rent or a husband and you're here trying to be funny

So what if she is trying to be funny, were you not entertained sad

2 Likes

Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by ayusco85(m): 9:27am On Nov 12, 2016
greggng:
She has not even said the location she wants the house, what type of people u want as nebors ie agboros, decent civil servants and the elite. Do you want it in an estate were u will be paying 18k per year as security fees or u want were the theives called opc will be collecting 200naira per month only end up directing criminals to come rob u. I will be willing to help but with ur budget u cannot stay in my neborhood. Roomself here if u manage to see is 300k

Which neighborhood is dat pls
Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by ayusco85(m): 9:33am On Nov 12, 2016
Acidosis:
Lol
Oga I be labourer like you.. all of us na labourer
Abeg which area u get that kind house for that amount
Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by ayusco85(m): 9:35am On Nov 12, 2016
propzncribz:

No it is not true that agency and agreement is fixed at 100k. Agency fee and agreement fee is 10% of the rent of the property. Some agents fix agency fee to 50k for any property lower than 500k in rent while some collect two years agency but this only happens on the mainland.

I don't have a selfie in Onikan but I have in Lekki and environs ranging from 350k to 600k.

A serious agent will market houses only within a certain jurisdiction. Marketing houses in different locations far from each other is difficult and sometimes the agent will keep client waiting because of getting stuck in traffic trying to move from the island to the mainland.

Oga super agent. Do you have leads to nice apartment in ajah? Not too far from d main road, and not farther than University view estate opposite LBS?
How much will a nice self contained or room nd parlor self contained go for? Have to be tiled and water
Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by ayusco85(m): 9:36am On Nov 12, 2016
Acidosis:
I struggled for 2 months to get my current place. When I tell people how much I paid, they give me that look "omg! too expensive for that location!"

Location was far from spec as I spend most of my time at home.

At the end of it all, I got what I wanted: a very quiet environment with no landlord.. Just two tenants, super constant power, etc.

In Lagos and environ, you can't have it all.. In my own case, I sacrificed the big names, big street names for peace of mind, power, among others.

Which area is that pls

1 Like

Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by manikspears: 9:37am On Nov 12, 2016
Dear OP, so sorry about your hunt hope you get one soon, pls the one of 150k, the spacious one, pls tell me where it is located. I am currently hunting myself.

1 Like

Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by Acidosis(m): 9:38am On Nov 12, 2016
ayusco85:

Abeg which area u get that kind house for that amount
somewhere in Akute.
Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by Acidosis(m): 9:38am On Nov 12, 2016
ayusco85:

Which area is that pls
somewhere in Akute.
Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by Acidosis(m): 9:43am On Nov 12, 2016
dayjeee:
Bike is faster, and it's #100, bus is about #80...there's no single room self contain

Better tell him the fact.

Akute to Berger or anywhere in Ojodu is N150 during the day. N200 at night. Reason is because the roads are bad.

The good thing is Akute to places like Ikeja is actually faster than many other areas on the Mainland to Ikeja.

I could leave Akute or Alagbole and still get to Ikeja faster than someone going to Ikeja from Fagba, Elliot, and many other places on Lagos Mainland.

Akute to Ojodu (Grammar school) is about 10 minutes. Grammar School to Ikeja, Secretariat (10-15 minutes).

1 Like

Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by propzncribz: 9:43am On Nov 12, 2016
ayusco85:

Oga super agent. Do you have leads to nice apartment in ajah? Not too far from d main road, and not farther than University view estate opposite LBS?
How much will a nice self contained or room nd parlor self contained go for? Have to be tiled and water

I don't have for now in that area but a decent selfie there will be around 250k to 300k and for a decent miniflat (room and parlor), expect around 400k. I can arrange with colleagues in that area if you will like to see some.
Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by Laredojohn(m): 9:46am On Nov 12, 2016
Hmm house search in lagos a night mere...from agent issues to price, to location, to getting the right choice and also the place of people soo ready than you are that the point you see your choice within a twinkle of an eye it's taken...will be going through this sometime next year too, I will have my funds ready, so as I see what I like I pay immediately, also make use of agents through referrals , they are always better than random agents, also know the prevailing price of the type of house you want in the area you looking at getting an accommodation.
Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by cc150615(f): 9:50am On Nov 12, 2016
propzncribz:

No it is not true that agency and agreement is fixed at 100k. Agency fee and agreement fee is 10% of the rent of the property. Some agents fix agency fee to 50k for any property lower than 500k in rent while some collect two years agency but this only happens on the mainland.

I don't have a selfie in Onikan but I have in Lekki and environs ranging from 350k to 600k.

Lekki is quite far from dt area. Do you have a competent agent on dt axis that you can recommend?
Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by propzncribz: 9:53am On Nov 12, 2016
cc150615:

Lekki is quite far from dt area. Do you have a competent agent on dt axis that you can recommend?

I will check my contacts and get back to you. Anywhere around Onikan, Obalende and surulere right?
Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by Sagacity07: 9:54am On Nov 12, 2016
;Dhe voting process is still on I created a page on nairaland so as not to derail thread. Please nwanne nwoke's and eyin eyan mii I need your votes. In this 300 word [b][/b]hilarity, I [b][/b]trumped repressive government and shed light on how the "elite" view the masses. You can read it here and follow the instructions on how to vote. thank you. https://www.nairaland.com/3457257/orwellian-elite-herd#50916951
Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by greggng: 10:03am On Nov 12, 2016
ayusco85:

Which neighborhood is dat pls

Is gemade estate aka gowon estate extention
Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by sisisioge: 10:06am On Nov 12, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin

Baby girl, I was you sometimes last year too. The search is the real ultimate search! Yeah, I can imagine what the first one you check did to you . It's like a taste bug for others. My advice: Try getting a decent flat to share. That's what I eventually did. I got a colleague who is like my Sis to share with. She's a neat freak( bonus) and very very amiable. Sharing the kitchen wasn't much of a big deal for me cos it's one of my least favourite rooms in the house grin

1 Like

Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by sisisioge: 10:10am On Nov 12, 2016
manikspears:
Dear OP, so sorry about your hunt hope you get one soon, pls the one of 150k, the spacious one, pls tell me where it is located. I am currently hunting myself.

grin grin grin grin grin

Dream on sweetheart...dream on! If it were 150k, she would have taken it. She said it is 150k more than her budget. Which means it is 150k plus what she was hoping to pay wink

1 Like

Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by sisisioge: 10:12am On Nov 12, 2016
ladyverere:

Op, I am currently going through the same thing o. Right now I don't just know what to do. The perfect apartment I saw and within my price range was snapped up barely an hour of my going to pay the rent! Since then I have not seen anything better. These agents keep wasting my time and money on useless, inappropriate places. Be patient Op U will get ur perfect apartment.

Babes, I know the feeling. What I learnt to do during mine was to move around with my token. Just do transfer if your heart agrees with it.
Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by sisisioge: 10:14am On Nov 12, 2016
austinosita:
My dear, I think you should look for cash and pay for the first one(150k), cos it's kinda cheap to me! With the way u described it(spacious and new)......though it depends on the area.

I paid 250k where I stay(mainland, around palmgroove onipanu) and it's a miniflat. New, well tiled but not spacious. Small rooms!

If I had seen this your own when I was seriously searching last year, I for grab am with joy!!

No miss that house o!
Oga, she said 150k more than her original budget. That is plus 150k grin

1 Like

Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by KingRex1(m): 10:17am On Nov 12, 2016
Contact tolet.com.ng
Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by dayjeee(m): 10:18am On Nov 12, 2016
Acidosis:

Better tell him the fact.

Akute to Berger or anywhere in Ojodu is N150 during the day. N200 at night. Reason is because the roads are bad.
bro they carry 2 people and each one pays 100, its only when rain falls they increase their charge to 150 and I believe that's not peculiar to the area alone, its done everywhere.
Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by avicky(f): 10:42am On Nov 12, 2016
Very funny. grin Naijasinglegirl, Your write up always cracks me up.

Anyway, there's nothing wrong with the guest house if it's clean enough so far you aren't the only one staying there. Once your door is locked, you don't have any business with a drunk knocking at ur door.

Better still, patronise the agents on Nl, maybe they can help. And when you get your desired abode, let us know.
Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by manikspears: 10:43am On Nov 12, 2016
sisisioge:

grin grin grin grin grin

Dream on sweetheart...dream on! If it were 150k, she would have taken it. She said it is 150k more than her budget. Which means it is 150k plus what she was hoping to pay wink
That is serious o, but if I get the location I can try my luck and see if my budget covers it. Hunting for house in Lagos is quite troublesome. I just need a place to beat traffic from my work.
Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by sisisioge: 10:45am On Nov 12, 2016
manikspears:

That is serious o, but if I get the location I can try my luck and see if my budget covers it. Hunting for house in Lagos is quite troublesome. I just need a place to beat traffic from my work.

I feel you dude.
Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by KardinalZik(m): 10:52am On Nov 12, 2016
@op, e be like say you no wan give Caesar's to Caesar. Agents can save you all the stress, you know.
Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by Sapphiredamsel(f): 10:56am On Nov 12, 2016
That one sef is cheap. Got mine just a selfcontain for 200k agreement nd commission plus damages 60,60, 20 respectively. The area is cool as there is constant light and proximity to close areas in lagos.
Acidosis:

A room and a parlour. Rent + agency, agreement = 300k.

Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by Sapphiredamsel(f): 10:59am On Nov 12, 2016
150k higher than her budget. You guys should read well na. If her budget was 200k it means the house she saw was like 350k. Who wouldn't take up a dream house of 150k?

manikspears:
Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by manikspears: 11:47am On Nov 12, 2016
KingRex1:
Contact tolet.com.ng
Tolet is not bad but they are not your best option.
Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by henrimoto(m): 11:57am On Nov 12, 2016
Naijasinglegirl...... always in love with your writing style. But wait o, babe! you can afford #150k rent times two self, no tell us say your blog never dey bring in serious pay. Lolzz.

Welldone.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fire Outbreak At Niger Biscuits Apapa (Photos) / Lekki Building Collapse: Ambode Sacks MD Of Building Control Agency, 3 Others / Pls Is This Pop Quotation For 3 Bedroom Flat Ok?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.