Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,102 members, 7,842,182 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 10:43 PM

Frustrated With My Career What Should I Do - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Frustrated With My Career What Should I Do (10599 Views)

Frustrated Employee Blasts His Employer For Always Messing With His “small” Sala / Johnspeak Uwangue: How I Broke The Chain Of Stagnation In My Career / Fustrated With My Career What Should I Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Frustrated With My Career What Should I Do by gurunlocker: 8:11am On Nov 17, 2016
I saw this on FP maybe 2 to 3 days ago.....
Re: Frustrated With My Career What Should I Do by Rajosh(m): 8:35am On Nov 17, 2016
op keep searching for another job. 387k per month and you're not happy shows you're more concerned about growth and development which is a very good characteristic if you want to be successful. success is about being happy. all the best op

1 Like

Re: Frustrated With My Career What Should I Do by Pamelayoung: 9:22am On Nov 17, 2016
passyhansome:
Dont really how big your dream is, cos some of us close our eyes and dream, but we can't open our eyes to see, quit your current job for good Chinese MLM, its not going to be easy yes of cos, you will be glad you did.

Pls what's that?
Re: Frustrated With My Career What Should I Do by Wisdom20: 9:37am On Nov 17, 2016
my name is wisdom I just got an admission to study finance at unilag and when i graduate i intend working in an investment bank...pls how much will i earn as an investment banker??
Re: Frustrated With My Career What Should I Do by Ezjp: 9:59am On Nov 17, 2016
And IT is something you need to move with
else you become rusty as technology changes daily. I can see u have big dreams.But dreams take a little time to materialize.Time heels,time settles.Can u please give urself some time. Things will fall into place at d right time including a new job.
Re: Frustrated With My Career What Should I Do by helovesme(f): 10:10am On Nov 17, 2016
somebody1234

The tasks you've listed is typically the job role of a project support officer/project management officer/project administrator. Although it's all administrative, some people walk home with as much as £350 per day and looking at the salary you've quoted, I can say that considering the current economic climate and high rate of employment, your wage is decent.

That said, what exactly are you expecting? You want to be made a project manager overnight? You want to oversee a budget of 50 million Naira or so? You want to be in charge of the project management office? It doesn't really work that way these days especially in the project management world where there so much at stake and the project management office is in charge of key projects that could make or mar an organisation.

My advice - do not resign your job. Be patient. Continue to work diligently. Build good rapport with the project managers (your bosses) and see if you can speak to them about a junior project management role. Build good rapport with your senior stakeholders. There will be at least one that would be open to give you a chance to move a small step up the ladder. I do not know if you are allowed to attend project meetings. If not, try and speak to a few of your bosses and convince them of your intention to attend these meetings. That way you can also help in taking minutes, notes, update the project plan, etc. Attending such meetings means you can engage more with members of your project team, hear first hand how the project managers make vital decisions/deal with issues that might arise which means you will be picking up vital skills that will help you when you move to a more senior role.

One day, when you finally become a project manager, those "admin" skills will come in handy.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Frustrated With My Career What Should I Do by YOLO1(m): 10:23am On Nov 17, 2016
IRobot7:
How many times will this thread hit FP? I am not understanding.
As in this like the 5th time this article made FP. I wonder if the mods forget so easily as to not to remember which article they have pushed to FP b4
Re: Frustrated With My Career What Should I Do by smashad(m): 10:33am On Nov 17, 2016
The igala man will say Eh yor eh gwa yor ii. ( 387k na Hapi u De Hapi)
Re: Frustrated With My Career What Should I Do by IRobot7(m): 10:37am On Nov 17, 2016
YOLO1:

As in this like the 5th time this article made FP. I wonder if the mods forget so easily as to not to remember which article they have pushed to FP b4

Some of the mods don't know what they are doing. Am sorry to say this, but it is the truth.
Re: Frustrated With My Career What Should I Do by Johnsown1(m): 10:46am On Nov 17, 2016
humblelyf:
you hereby sentence Mr. English to death by hanging.

Court!!!....
Lol
Re: Frustrated With My Career What Should I Do by tope24(m): 11:05am On Nov 17, 2016
bIA, WHERE UNA DEY GET ALL THESE JOBS THAT PAY SO MUCH? #AskingForAFriend
Re: Frustrated With My Career What Should I Do by 111jideofor: 11:30am On Nov 17, 2016
Lo!

Re: Frustrated With My Career What Should I Do by habsydiamond(m): 2:21pm On Nov 17, 2016
This bro think say na kindergarten pikin he dey wine ooo. U dey collect 300k plus u dey complain wetin u come want make person wey dey collect 11k per month do. Make he hang Its better to come out clear so that one can know the kind of advice to give.

(1) (2) (Reply)

EDOOFA Program REAL OR NOT / Strictly For Elect/elect Aspirants, Students, Engineers And Professionals. / 10 Ways To Easily Build Your Career

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.