Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,397 members, 7,815,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

13 Health Facts You Didn't Know. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 13 Health Facts You Didn't Know. (1182 Views)

Shocking But Interesting Health Facts About Your Eyes / 9 Health Facts About Newborn Babies...... No 5 Will SHOCK You / 8 Health Facts Explained (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

13 Health Facts You Didn't Know. by kingIfey(m): 7:23pm On Nov 11, 2016
1)Motorists who talk on cell phones are more impaired than drunk drivers with blood-alcohol levels exceeding .08.

Me: So when you are in the vehicle of a chronic cell phone addict, just know that you are dancing into disaster with your eyes wide open.

2)Banging your head against a wall burns 150 calories an hour.

Me: Well, I would still not advise ladies who are looking for that gorgeous hourglass shape to go banging their heads against a brick wall. You would end up concussing while you are unhealthily loosing calories.

3) In some parts of the world, they protect their babies from disease by bathing them in beer.

Me: What an eye opener right? Well, go get your babies drowned in a bath of beer to protect them from awful germs, BUT don’t let them gulp it. They’d laugh and cry till the cows come home…LOL you obviously wouldn’t want that.

4)The word 'gymnasium' comes from the Greek word gymnazein, which means 'to exercise naked.'

Me: Uhm, excuse me please? I haven’t seen anybody exercising butt naked in my life time. So you mean I must exercise butt naked at the gym? Well, imagine walking into a fitness factory in a world that recognizes this ancient fact…Only God knows the thoughts racing through your minds…LOL

5)There are more than 1,000 chemicals in a cup of coffee; of these, only 26 have been tested, and half caused cancer in rats.

Me: Oh well, I am not a coffee fan. Perhaps our American brothers will take care of that.

6)The average American eats at McDonalds more than 1,800 times in his/her life.

Me: Are you kidding me? I wish to be McDonald now…-wistful thinking- Due just wake the hell up.

7)There are more bacteria in your mouth than there are people in the world.

Me: So when I kiss someone sloppily, I get half their bacteria? Lord sanctify my poor soul…LOL

coolAccording to U.S. FDA standards, 1 cup of orange juice is allowed to contain 10 fruit fly eggs, but only 2 maggots

Me: so you mean to tell me that I have been drinking insect eggs and maggots? And MAGGOTS? Can someone pass me a handkerchief? I need to dab these tears trickling down my cheeks.

9)You burn more calories sleeping than you do watching television.

Me. So, I guess I will be more often from now on. Oh and in case you want to slim down, please you can sleep like a lion and exercise butt naked too…LOL

10)It is possible to go blind from smoking too heavily.

Me: Blind? Really, why are all my friends still seeing perfectly clear? Maybe it will take a while. Like 50 years of chronic smoking will eventually have them propped up with a staff and dark spectacles, yet with a cigar in the corner of their mouths

11)Right-handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left-handed people.

Me: You serious? I have got friends who are left-handed. I hate to think the worse really.

12)You are about 1 centimeter taller in the morning than in the evening.

Me: Oh really, Oh really. I Think I have grown really well enough. I don’t bother about that.

13)During your lifetime, you'll eat about 60,000 pounds of food — that's the weight of about 6 elephants.

Me: Whopping Elephants? Where did all that weight go to? I’m just 175pounds… please what really happened to me… oh I forgot you are as worried as I am. Why aren’t we as big as baby elephants?

http://kingifey..com.ng/2016/11/13-facts-you-didnt-know-about-health.html?m=1
Re: 13 Health Facts You Didn't Know. by royallord1(m): 7:28pm On Nov 11, 2016
really...

1 Like

Re: 13 Health Facts You Didn't Know. by Edwinmason(m): 9:42pm On Nov 11, 2016
interesting

1 Like

Re: 13 Health Facts You Didn't Know. by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 11:50am On Nov 12, 2016
Nice and very informative post. But some of these are just generalizations and not established facts.

But all the same add this 13 ibs of muscles to your arms to post more good stuffs.

1 Like

Re: 13 Health Facts You Didn't Know. by kingIfey(m): 2:15pm On Dec 27, 2016
PRISTINEMUSCLES:
Nice and very informative post. But some of these are just generalizations and not established facts.

But all the same add this 13 ibs of muscles to your arms to post more good stuffs.

Thank you. If you can train me to get those arms, I wouldn't mind.. lOL.
You can share tips on how to get those.
Re: 13 Health Facts You Didn't Know. by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 11:11am On Dec 28, 2016
kingIfey:

Thank you. If you can train me to get those arms, I wouldn't mind.. lOL.
You can share tips on how to get those.

Go through my thread titled "pristine muscles", there are lots of infos and tips you could use to get those biceps.

(1) (Reply)

5 Completely Insane Benfits Of The Castor Oil Pack For Fibroids And Adhesions / Men's Beards Carry More Bacteria Than Dogs, Study Suggests / Osinbajo Is Our Only Hope-nard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.