Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

Skye Bank Takes Over Obat Oil Over N1.5bn Debt - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Skye Bank Takes Over Obat Oil Over N1.5bn Debt (16244 Views)

Poland Picks Nigerian Oil Over Russian, First Shipment In Nov. / INNOSON: FIDELITY Bank Takes Advantage Of Gtb's Predicament - Pic. / Access Bank Takes Over Etisalat Nigeria Over N541 Billion Debt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Skye Bank Takes Over Obat Oil Over N1.5bn Debt by yomalex(m): 8:49am On Nov 12, 2016
Hmm
Re: Skye Bank Takes Over Obat Oil Over N1.5bn Debt by Bollove: 8:53am On Nov 12, 2016
davodyguy:

Stop saying what you don't know.

People and companies like Ifeanyi Uba's capital oil, Silverbird group and Obat are responsible for the unhealthiness of Nigerian Banks.

The banks gave them loan to expand, some of them mismanaged the funds and cannot pay the banks back, hence banks collapse.

If not for Amcon that bought over NPL (Non Performing Loans) in 2010 Many banks like Union bank, UBA, First bank, Access Bank, Skye bank etc would have collapsed. Joint debt back then stood at 4trillion Naira

One thing Sanusi Lamido Sanusi did right was AMCON.

AMCON has saved thousands of Jobs, saved businesses from collapse and also saved the Nigerian economy.

I have made millions cos AMCON was set up. My firm has made money cos no bank died and AMCON gave out bail out funds to people.

That Capital Oil hasn't gone down, when they're indebted to over 50 billion naira (Still haven't paid till date) it was AMCON that paid Skye Bank, access bank and the other banks
pls, I want to ask a layman question, Where does AMCON get the money to pay up all these debts ?

2 Likes

Re: Skye Bank Takes Over Obat Oil Over N1.5bn Debt by bragxz(m): 9:01am On Nov 12, 2016
The same political exposed persons that are indebted to this Bank with no payback intention are the same ppl running -ve publicity on d Bank to kill it's business.. but the CBN is always on guard to refute any liquidation rumours against any Nigerian bank. Obat oil is one of them.. we ll here see more as it unfolds koz the Bank is ready to follow them to d end.. more surprise loading.......
Imagine the kind of pains there hav Nigerians.. worst non performing loans is in other banks bt won't say nothing for the sake of d thread..
Banks are not smiling. No time for chief Renkedede...

3 Likes

Re: Skye Bank Takes Over Obat Oil Over N1.5bn Debt by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:23am On Nov 12, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:
The really rich people in Nigeria are igbo people
Really... Do you know that Ifeanyi Uba is among the great debtors owing Nigerian banks.

1 Like

Re: Skye Bank Takes Over Obat Oil Over N1.5bn Debt by nevilbot: 10:26am On Nov 12, 2016
siraj1402:
I hope this is not part of the plan to "kill" Mimiko totally, Olugbo is one of major financial backbone of MIMIKO and PDP in Ondo. Watching in 3D

Should everything be abt politics? Is it right for him to owe and continue living large and wasting money around while d bank dies?

2 Likes

Re: Skye Bank Takes Over Obat Oil Over N1.5bn Debt by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 10:42am On Nov 12, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

Really... Do you know that Ifeanyi Uba is among the great debtors owing Nigerian banks.

He is not the only igbo person in Nigeria.
Relax, I know what I was saying
Re: Skye Bank Takes Over Obat Oil Over N1.5bn Debt by Montaque(m): 11:16am On Nov 12, 2016
davodyguy:

People and companies like Ifeanyi Uba's capital oil, Silverbird group and Obat are responsible for the unhealthiness of Nigerian Banks.

The banks gave them loan to expand, some of them mismanaged the funds and cannot pay the banks back, hence banks collapse.

If not for Amcon that bought over NPL (Non Performing Loans) in 2010 Many banks like Union bank, UBA, First bank, Access Bank, Skye bank etc would have collapsed. Joint debt back then stood at 4trillion Naira

AMCON has saved thousands of Jobs, saved businesses from collapse and also saved the Nigerian economy.

I have made millions cos AMCON was set up. My firm has made money cos no bank died and AMCON gave out bail out funds to people.

That Capital Oil hasn't gone down, when they're indebted to over 50 billion naira (Still haven't paid till date) it was AMCON that paid Skye Bank, access bank and the other banks

You are correct bro.
AMCON saved the day big time. Else we would have been talking about recession earlier than mid-term 2016. Much to the chagrin of BRF that asserted that it was only crude oil price that drove development before now, and not policy.

1 Like

Re: Skye Bank Takes Over Obat Oil Over N1.5bn Debt by lawlahbammy(f): 11:22am On Nov 12, 2016
siraj1402:
I hope this is not part of the plan to "kill" Mimiko totally, Olugbo is one of major financial backbone of MIMIKO and PDP in Ondo. Watching in 3D

It sound nice to me actually grin grin grin kiss
Re: Skye Bank Takes Over Obat Oil Over N1.5bn Debt by tjay01(m): 11:28am On Nov 12, 2016
chigoizie7:
Please they should recover their money.

Naija banks has been messing up big time.

Most of them give out loans without collaterals , once u are a big name, gbaam, u get am, same way they are killing the economy with this dollar thing.

Once u are rich, u request for fx at official or interbank rates, then go back to sell at inflated rates in the black markets.

Seriously, Naija banks needs thorough smacking by both efcc,dss and cbn.

Quit saying nonsense. Nigerian Banks do not give out big loans without collateral.

Granting loans, esp huge ticket transactions is not an easy one and a team of credit analysts and Directors have to review before approving. Even when collateral is not involved, the transaction dynamics has to be such that there will not be any loopholes and the Bank will be the ultimate beneficiary. Corporate governance is not something that is taken for granted especially since the Sanusi era.

For personal loans however, collateral is usually not involved since repayment is tied to salaries or a form of regular income.

Always try to get your facts right!
Re: Skye Bank Takes Over Obat Oil Over N1.5bn Debt by DICKtator: 12:10pm On Nov 12, 2016
tjay01:

Quit saying nonsense. Nigerian Banks do not give out big loans without collateral.

Granting loans, esp huge ticket transactions is not an easy one and a team of credit analysts and Directors have to review before approving. Even when collateral is not involved, the transaction dynamics has to be such that there will not be any loopholes and the Bank will be the ultimate beneficiary. Corporate governance is not something that is taken for granted especially since the Sanusi era.

For personal loans however, collateral is usually not involved since repayment is tied to salaries or a form of regular income.

How can you say that the person you quoted said nonsense? He/she is as correct as you are to a certain level. Some Nigerian banks do not do a rigorous credit check if you are considered "a big man". You are availed of the loan based on recognition,shares certificate and properties that are overvalued(pre-Soludo era). After granting the loan and it enters the NPL limit, their risk team/credit officers do not pursue the debtor but are lenient with him/her, even granting more loans inspite of the NPL they have. Corporate Governance was merely a formality till Sanusi cleaned the Augean stable.
People should stop blaming the "rich " indebted people for bank's woes because if banks followed due processes, and ensure by monitoring that what loans are collected for are being used for its intended purpose, there won't be any issues.
The same company/rich individual that has a NPL in one bank would run to another bank to collect loan which would be granted to him/her all because of intimidation threat/bigmanism!!. Don't these bank run credit check across to their colleagues to check the credit worthiness of the borrower?

And who told you for personal loan, collateral is not involved? Collect car loan and see if the original car document would be in your hand when you haven't fully serviced the loan. Or you want to tell me all those collection of original education certificate shouldn't be regarded as collateral?

Or you mean your bank doesn't even collect collateral for personal loan because it's tied to salary or a form of regular income?
So in the unforseeable event of sack or decline in the regular form of income and there is a default, what happens? What would the bank hold on to?
Well ,if your bank doesn't collect collateral for personal loan, kindly let me know the bank so that I can make use of their services

grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Skye Bank Takes Over Obat Oil Over N1.5bn Debt by chigoizie7(m): 12:41pm On Nov 12, 2016
tjay01:

Maybe I am wrong,

Maybe u should go find out why many banks like intercontinental, oceanic and co went the way they did.

Maybe u should check why AMCOM was brought in in the 1st place.

Maybe u should also tell me if all those multinationals got their own loans as individual loans,

Just maybe, this very 1.5 billion naira loan was a short term loan, I guess not. So their grace periods might have elapsed.

Maybe those that evaluated the purpose and all sundry in granting the loans that are non performing were wrong ( I know of ........ let me keep quiet ).

This singular act took down some banks few years ago, and their crime again was? I think u should be the one doing ur research properly.

I might still be wrong, but still work on it.
Re: Skye Bank Takes Over Obat Oil Over N1.5bn Debt by davismighty(m): 12:41pm On Nov 12, 2016
aaronson:
Wtf? skye bank that isn't healthy trying to cure another organization. Last time they acquired Nitel, pundit has it that they were almost liquidating because of low re-capitalization before CBN came to their rescue and now again, they about repeating history.

Sometimes I feel most organizations and banks in Nigeria needs the help of Goldman sach.

Make your research and you will discover how many oil and construction companies are using Skye bank
Re: Skye Bank Takes Over Obat Oil Over N1.5bn Debt by PMIcon(m): 6:39pm On Nov 12, 2016
dayleke:
Wow!!!
So living large in Naija is by bank effort?
Chai!!!!
Peoples no get conscience o....
No.. It's by the money people whom banks will not give loans to save in the banks. Hence the MMM revolution.
Re: Skye Bank Takes Over Obat Oil Over N1.5bn Debt by chiefobdk(m): 8:00pm On Nov 12, 2016
davodyguy:

So wat do u ve to say about this. .

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/court-orders-amcon-pay-capital-oil-n26-5bn/

By Ikechukwu Nnochiri
ABUJA—The Federal High Court sitting in Abuja, Thursday, ordered the Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria, AMCON, to pay N26.5 billion to Capital Oil and Gas Industries Ltd.
The court, in a judgement delivered by Justice Abdul Kafarati, equally made an order appointing an independent auditor to ascertain losses the firm which is owned by a one-time governorship aspirant in Anambra State, Chief Ifeanyi Ubah, incurred due to failure of AMCON to comply with its obligations under a consent judgement it entered for the parties on June 21, 2013.
The consent judgment followed an agreement between Ubah who is majority shareholder in Capital Oil, and AMCON, for the restructuring of debts the firm owed various creditors, including banks, suppliers and staff.
Under the arrangement which was backed by the court, AMCON was to provide N55.89bn to the plaintiff for the repayment of the debts, as well as an additional N16bn as trading capital to the plaintiff for the purpose of its petroleum products’ trading business.
Re: Skye Bank Takes Over Obat Oil Over N1.5bn Debt by davodyguy: 8:06pm On Nov 12, 2016
Bollove:
pls, I want to ask a layman question, Where does AMCON get the money to pay up all these debts ?

Printing of Money. Vis CBN. Monies spent by AmCoN is not from the 4.5trn annual budget. They're special funds via CBN

1 Like

Re: Skye Bank Takes Over Obat Oil Over N1.5bn Debt by davodyguy: 8:07pm On Nov 12, 2016
chiefobdk:

So wat do u ve to say about this. .

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/court-orders-amcon-pay-capital-oil-n26-5bn/

By Ikechukwu Nnochiri
ABUJA—The Federal High Court sitting in Abuja, Thursday, ordered the Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria, AMCON, to pay N26.5 billion to Capital Oil and Gas Industries Ltd.
The court, in a judgement delivered by Justice Abdul Kafarati, equally made an order appointing an independent auditor to ascertain losses the firm which is owned by a one-time governorship aspirant in Anambra State, Chief Ifeanyi Ubah, incurred due to failure of AMCON to comply with its obligations under a consent judgement it entered for the parties on June 21, 2013.
The consent judgment followed an agreement between Ubah who is majority shareholder in Capital Oil, and AMCON, for the restructuring of debts the firm owed various creditors, including banks, suppliers and staff.
Under the arrangement which was backed by the court, AMCON was to provide N55.89bn to the plaintiff for the repayment of the debts, as well as an additional N16bn as trading capital to the plaintiff for the purpose of its petroleum products’ trading business.

You read my post, and didn't comprehend what you read. Read again and see the answer to the question
Re: Skye Bank Takes Over Obat Oil Over N1.5bn Debt by lawbabs: 11:41pm On Nov 12, 2016
aaronson:
Wtf? skye bank that isn't healthy trying to cure another organization. Last time they acquired Nitel, pundit has it that they were almost liquidating because of low re-capitalization before CBN came to their rescue and now again, they about repeating history.

Sometimes I feel most organizations and banks in Nigeria needs the help of Goldman sach.

There's no sense in your statement... Do you have an idea of what it means to take possession... it means this companies that refused to pay back their loans are being hit back. The survival of Skye Bank or any other bank depends on it...

1 Like

Re: Skye Bank Takes Over Obat Oil Over N1.5bn Debt by sweetgala(m): 8:35am On Nov 13, 2016
Selena06:
I thought the liquidity of skyebank was questioned some days ago.

They have no liquid assets because of the loan which are not serviced. My father was a senior executive with cooperative bank which latter became Skye bank and this had been ongoing since. Senior bank officials were running private ventures with bank money.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Naira Exchanges For 414 A Dollar / 5 Ways To Publicize Your Business For Free / Fed Govt: We Didn’t Squander External Reserve

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.