Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,268 members, 7,815,446 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? (13411 Views)

Mountain Of Fire Shows Satanic Dressing And ID Card To Hell Fire (Photos) / Victor Eghan: Watching Game Of Thrones Will Lead You To Hell / Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by Kayleb26(m): 7:49am On Nov 12, 2016
I can't stop thinking about this in the past few days... Will a Christian go to hell for not paying tax seeing that payment of tax is encouraged in the Scriptures (Rom 13:1-6 and Mark 12:16-17).

Now no adult I know pays tax. I understand everything goods and services we pay for have been taxed albeit I know that's not the only tax we're to pay.

There are many justifiable reasons why most people don't pay tax in Nigeria these include :
1. Lack of confidence in the government
2. Corruption
3. Infrastructural decay despite past tax adherence
4. Multiple taxation

Should a Christian continue to pay tax regardless whether he sees the effects or not, Can he use the above "justifiable reasons" to avoid tax? Will God excuse him on that ground? Will he go to hell for civil disobedience?

Please, people of Faith Let's contribute.

2 Likes

Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by HQuadreal: 7:50am On Nov 12, 2016
Jamb Question.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by amerimex(m): 8:02am On Nov 12, 2016
No adult you knw pay tax? Bro, u and all d adult you know needs orientation, tax is ur civic responsibility
To your question, my question; are tax payers heaven bond?
Read d bible holistically to have good undstanding

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by FrancisMalemia: 9:38am On Nov 12, 2016
The Government Being Corrupt Should Not Affect Your Obedience To The Word Of God. You Just Do Your Part. What The Government Will Do With The Tax Does Not Concern You, God Will Not Question You. That's Why Jesus Showed That The Tax Belongs To Ceaser, So If There's Any Questioning, He Will Question Ceaser. So You Just Do Your Part.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by FrancisMalemia: 9:44am On Nov 12, 2016
No. You Won't Go To Hell For Not Paying Taxes, If You Are A Born Again Christian That Is. Jesus Already Went To Hell For You . Any Act That Is Not In Accordance With The Word Of God Is Sin. On Romans 13 V 1-7 Especially On Verse 6 & 7, The Word Is Against Not Paying Taxes. If You're A Born Again, You Are In Christ. And If You Are In Christ, In Him You Have Already Been Been Forgiven, Even For Not Paying Taxes, If Not So, Then You Require Another Jesus Christ To Die Again For That Sin. So I Don't Know Where You Will Find That One, Maybe In Israel, I Dont Know Maybe Kenya Hahaha. Jesus Died Once And For All. He Paid Once For All Your Sins, Past, Present And Future Sins Aswell. All You Gotta Do Is To Go On Your Knees And Acknowledge Your Sin Before Him And Receive His Forgiveness, Because It Has Already Been Given In Christ Jesus. Amen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by DeSepiero(m): 9:46am On Nov 12, 2016
Replace the 'Hell' with 'Jail' and ask a more sensible question.

75 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:54am On Nov 12, 2016
DeSepiero:
grin

NAILED IT cheesycheesy

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by Kayleb26(m): 10:15am On Nov 12, 2016
amerimex:
No adult you knw pay tax? Bro, u and all d adult you know needs orientation, tax is ur civic responsibility
To your question, my question; are tax payers heaven bond?
Read d bible holistically to have good undstanding

We need orientation , I agree with you.
Bear in mind also that my use of hell for tax defaulters doesn't connote heaven for those who pay tax.

The set of Christians I have in mind before asking this question are those who're righteous in all things except tax and other civic duties.

I appreciate your comment
Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by Kayleb26(m): 10:21am On Nov 12, 2016
DeSepiero:

I think you're are saying the wages of tax defaulters is jail. Are you in essence saying God doesn't care whether a believer defaults in tax and other civic duties..

For the question being sensible or not, you have no idea what makes sense to me or not.

Thank for your contribution
Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by DeSepiero(m): 10:34am On Nov 12, 2016
Kayleb26:

I think you're are saying the wages of tax defaulters is jail. Are you in essence saying God doesn't care whether a believer defaults in tax and other civic duties..

For the question being sensible or not, you have no idea what makes sense to me or not.

Thank for your contribution

Let me get this straight. You believe in God, and you don't know if he'd be pissed at you and throw you in 'hell' for defaulting in civic duties?
Hence you've sought and would further believe a convincing response from some other believers here?

Maybe you need to be more realistic and less speculative.
As for what makes sense to you, you should understand why I chose to use "more sensible".
Peace!!

8 Likes

Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by Kayleb26(m): 10:47am On Nov 12, 2016
DeSepiero:

Let me get this straight. You believe in God, and you don't know if he'd be pissed at you and throw you in 'hell' for defaulting in civic duties?
Hence you've sought and would further believe a convincing response from some other believers here?

Maybe you need to be more realistic and less speculative.
As for what makes sense to you, you should understand why I chose to use "more sensible".
Peace!!

Peace and love ✌ ✌ ✌ ✌
Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by amerimex(m): 2:53am On Nov 13, 2016
Kayleb26:

We need orientation , I agree with you.
Bear in mind also that my use of hell for tax defaulters doesn't connote heaven for those who pay tax.

The set of Christians I have in mind before asking this question are those who're righteous in all things except tax and other civic duties.

I appreciate your comment

Ok, I get U, some self rightous christians indeed always frown and feign ignorance of things that doesn't ogle well with dem. But that's hypocrisy

1 Like

Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by redcliff: 11:34am On Nov 13, 2016
Kayleb26:
I can't stop thinking about this in the past few days... Will a Christian go to hell for not paying tax seeing that payment of tax is encouraged in the Scriptures (Rom 13:1-6 and Mark 12:16-17).

Now no adult I know pays tax. I understand everything goods and services we pay for have been taxed albeit I know that's not the only tax we're to pay.

There are many justifiable reasons why most people don't pay tax in Nigeria these include :
2. Corruption
4. Multiple taxation

Should a Christian continue to pay tax regardless whether he sees the effects or not, Can he use the above "justifiable reasons" to avoid tax? Will God excuse him on that ground? Will he go to hell for civil disobedience?

you would go to hell if you dont pay your taxes

1 Like

Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by kengodson: 11:34am On Nov 13, 2016
Nigeria is already hell
Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by donblade85555(m): 11:34am On Nov 13, 2016
go and pay your tax man

1 Like

Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by talktonase(m): 11:35am On Nov 13, 2016
Is it fed govt that will send you to hell?
Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by olatunji390(m): 11:35am On Nov 13, 2016
Hell is not applicable to nigerians. U will go to sambisa when buhari catch u
Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by neolboy(m): 11:35am On Nov 13, 2016
read roman's 13vs1-7
Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by Badgers14: 11:35am On Nov 13, 2016
Wetin man pikin no go see grin

People them find work, they hussle for bread and butter , to see food chop. This my guy dey worry about taxes grin grin

As for me, every goods and services in Nigeria is already taxed via VAT. And i when i collect my salary or money for contract, I believe oga at the top AKA the tax man have chopped his share via VAT because my salary is going inside my pocket cool

I went to pay a property tax and the lady demand I find her sth.. I refused and she almost was demanding for my stool sample just to frustrate me grin angry and i said Well ... One Nigeria and i put the money back in my pocket grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by GodIsFoolish: 11:35am On Nov 13, 2016
No, you are not going to hell becaus Churches too don't pay taxes to Governments

BTW, hell doesn't exist!

2 Likes

Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by soberdrunk(m): 11:37am On Nov 13, 2016
If the answer to this question is "yes", it means Nigerians go full hell...........
Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by cashmoney02: 11:37am On Nov 13, 2016

Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by berrystunn(m): 11:37am On Nov 13, 2016
How old are you??
Are you 100% keeping the 10 commandments?
Do your pastor pay tax

Your Stupid questions....
Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by goingape1: 11:38am On Nov 13, 2016
Kayleb26:

2. Corruption
4. Multiple taxation

no! you won't go to hell but you will go to hellfire undecided
Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by SIRKOL(m): 11:38am On Nov 13, 2016
In the scripture, Jesus Christ clearly stated that we should respect authority if u fail to do this, u are disobeying. Disobedience is a sin and sin leads to hell.
Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by HOTsnow(m): 11:38am On Nov 13, 2016
The brain is meant to be used and not just being religiously crippled.... undecided

2 Likes

Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by Christane: 11:40am On Nov 13, 2016
Paying tax ..in nigeria dat wud leta enter d pocket of state government of federal government z a waste of fund bt paying ur tax as a form of tithe in d church ur give it directly to d less priveledge wud make u go to heaven...
Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by Jafar1: 11:40am On Nov 13, 2016
make I kuku sidom dey look

1 Like

Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by ifenes(m): 11:41am On Nov 13, 2016
NO! Whoever told you that is only trying to manipulate you to part with your hard earned money.

1 Like

Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by blank(f): 11:41am On Nov 13, 2016
As a Christian, you need to pay your taxes. Not paying your taxes means you are deliberately lying and cheating. Don't let the mismanagement by govt make you do the wrong thing.

Imagine if you are confronted by VIO and taken to their station. They ask you for your proof of tax payment but since you don't have, it means you will have to bribe your way out. Definitely not what a Christian should do.

1 Like

Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:41am On Nov 13, 2016
DeSepiero:

4 Likes

Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:42am On Nov 13, 2016
Nope

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Were We Given Free Will Which Could Still Lead Us To Hell? / Will The Next Pope Be The Last? / Where do Atheists go when they die?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.