Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,860 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? (13412 Views)

Mountain Of Fire Shows Satanic Dressing And ID Card To Hell Fire (Photos) / Victor Eghan: Watching Game Of Thrones Will Lead You To Hell / Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by Seriousboy: 12:26pm On Nov 13, 2016
You are in hell already for paying taxes for nigeria.
Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by Momoh7(m): 12:35pm On Nov 13, 2016
kuku kill urself.......make you know if you go enter hell
Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Nov 13, 2016
I guess you're a member of one of the new generation churches or a jehovah's witness member. leme correct you on this.hell exist o and forgiveness does not cover future sins. if you ask for God's forgiveness and still continue in sin,you're hell bound,unless you ask for forgivess again and forsake your bad ways. you can't continue in sin and ask for the grace of God to abide,God forbid. And Please,pay your tax,it's your reponsibility,it's the law. by doing so,your consciene is clear before God And Man.

1 Like

Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by seguno2: 12:41pm On Nov 13, 2016
Kayleb26:
I can't stop thinking about this in the past few days... Will a Christian go to hell for not paying tax seeing that payment of tax is encouraged in the Scriptures (Rom 13:1-6 and Mark 12:16-17).

Now no adult I know pays tax. I understand everything goods and services we pay for have been taxed albeit I know that's not the only tax we're to pay.

There are many justifiable reasons why most people don't pay tax in Nigeria these include :
1. Lack of confidence in the government
2. Corruption
3. Infrastructural decay despite past tax adherence
4. Multiple taxation

Should a Christian continue to pay tax regardless whether he sees the effects or not, Can he use the above "justifiable reasons" to avoid tax? Will God excuse him on that ground? Will he go to hell for civil disobedience?

Please, people of Faith Let's contribute.

All the four reasons you listed also apply to churches and their gods of men. That has not stopped the sheeple from paying non-biblical tithes or has it?
Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by internetgangste: 12:41pm On Nov 13, 2016
All I know is when Jesus was I earth he was tempted by being asked if that should pay their taxes asband he said to them give what belongs to "ceaser to ceaser"...
from the context and my understanding he was indifferent about it.
Your relationships with is govt is not a criterion for heaven

But look at it this way If you use any govt facility even if its just a bad road, without paying taxes is immoral because paying for It is your responsibility if no one never paid their taxes those facilities wouldn't be there!
Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by Olumaeme: 12:44pm On Nov 13, 2016
No, because there is no hell in the first place.
When you die, you are dead, you stay dead and you are fucking dead...

You are not going to anywhere, you are simply dead, no heaven or he'll. You won't even know you are dead, only those who are alive knows somebody has died.

If you can evade tax, please do it with all your might, and enjoy your hard earned money.
Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by WORLDPEACE(m): 12:45pm On Nov 13, 2016
ifenes:
NO! Whoever told you that is only trying to manipulate you to part with your hard earned money.
Like pastors do when they tell you to pay tithe, right?

1 Like

Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by simchi2(m): 12:45pm On Nov 13, 2016
He that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the spirit shall of the spirit reap everlasting life. tithes and taxes are d seeds of the flesh, while holiness and righteousness are the seeds of the spirit.....use ur tongue and count your teeth.
Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by Ahmadgani(m): 12:45pm On Nov 13, 2016
Kayleb26:
I can't stop thinking about this in the past few days... Will a Christian go to hell for not paying tax seeing that payment of tax is encouraged in the Scriptures (Rom 13:1-6 and Mark 12:16-17).

Now no adult I know pays tax. I understand everything goods and services we pay for have been taxed albeit I know that's not the only tax we're to pay.

There are many justifiable reasons why most people don't pay tax in Nigeria these include :
2. Corruption
4. Multiple taxation

Should a Christian continue to pay tax regardless whether he sees the effects or not, Can he use the above "justifiable reasons" to avoid tax? Will God excuse him on that ground? Will he go to hell for civil disobedience?

you pay tax everyday but you don't know . but I got this for you from daily trust to help you understand how you pay tax.

"VAT is a consumption tax payable on the goods
and service consumed by any person, whether
government agencies, business organizations or
individuals. The target of VAT is consumption of
goods and services and unless an item is
specifically exempted by law, the consumer is
liable to the tax.

It can also be defined as a tax on spending/
consumption levied at every stage of a
transaction but eventually borne by the final
consumer of such goods and services. It is levied
at the rate of 5%."

here are the goods or services exempted from VAT

Goods Exempted
All medical and pharmaceutical products,
Basic food items, Books and educational
materials, Baby products, Fertilizer, locally
produced agricultural and veterinary
medicine, farming machinery, and farming
transportation equipment
All exports Plant and machinery imported for
use in the Export Processing Zone
Plant, machinery and equipment purchased
for utilisation of gas in downstream
petroleum operations. Tractors, ploughs, and
agricultural equipment and implements
purchased for agricultural purposes
Services Exempted
Medical services, Services rendered by
community banks, People’s Bank and
mortgage institutions, Plays and
performances conducted by educational
institutions as part of learning. All export
services. Note also: Exports are zero rated.
Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by Tajbol4splend(m): 12:48pm On Nov 13, 2016
DeSepiero:
Replace the 'Hell' with 'Jail' and ask a more sensible question.

Some people ask question and you wonder if the question has come from the mouth of a human being

1 Like

Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by africanusvu(m): 12:48pm On Nov 13, 2016
U ar in Nigeria and talking of hell fire.which other hellfire pass here? YOU AR IN HELL ALREADY.any hell after here na somalia.
Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by Tajbol4splend(m): 12:50pm On Nov 13, 2016
GodIsFoolish:
No, you are not going to hell becaus Churches too don't pay taxes to Governments

BTW, hell doesn't exist!

Bro are you for real
Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by Tajbol4splend(m): 1:00pm On Nov 13, 2016
I'd like to know the government contributions to my wellbeing first to understand my guilt for evading task
Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by Maj196(m): 1:01pm On Nov 13, 2016
Oh yes u will. Dey r preparing ur firewood ryt now sef...Mumu

1 Like

Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Nov 13, 2016
If paying tax was part of the deal,God would have created money.if you don't pay your tax in hell then where will you go?spiritual things have no connection with worldly things guys.
Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by seguno2: 1:10pm On Nov 13, 2016
Ahmadgani:

you pay tax everyday but you don't know . but I got this for you from daily trust to help you understand how you pay tax.

"VAT is a consumption tax payable on the goods
and service consumed by any person, whether
government agencies, business organizations or
individuals. The target of VAT is consumption of
goods and services and unless an item is
specifically exempted by law, the consumer is
liable to the tax.

It can also be defined as a tax on spending/
consumption levied at every stage of a
transaction but eventually borne by the final
consumer of such goods and services. It is levied
at the rate of 5%."

here are the goods or services exempted from VAT

Goods Exempted
All medical and pharmaceutical products,
Basic food items, Books and educational
materials, Baby products, Fertilizer, locally
produced agricultural and veterinary
medicine, farming machinery, and farming
transportation equipment
All exports Plant and machinery imported for
use in the Export Processing Zone
Plant, machinery and equipment purchased
for utilisation of gas in downstream
petroleum operations. Tractors, ploughs, and
agricultural equipment and implements
purchased for agricultural purposes
Services Exempted
Medical services, Services rendered by
community banks, People’s Bank and
mortgage institutions, Plays and
performances conducted by educational
institutions as part of learning. All export
services. Note also: Exports are zero rated.

You obviously have not heard of PAYE- Pay as You Earn by employees.
Have you also heard of Personal Income Tax by business people?
Read and learn so you don't perish for lack of knowledge.
Shallom.
Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by seguno2: 1:11pm On Nov 13, 2016
euromilion:
If paying tax was part of the deal,God would have created money.if you don't pay your tax in hell then where will you go?spiritual things have no connection with worldly things guys.

Why did Jesus say- Give unto Ceaser what is Ceaser's......?
Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by Stooi76(m): 1:12pm On Nov 13, 2016
The Bible told us to pay tax, even Jesus pay his and that why he said give ceaser to ceaser. THE Apostles enjoins us to pay to the government as Christians includes Taxes, customs. BIBLE Reading Rom 13:6-7,Mk 12:16-17
Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by Chukazu: 1:13pm On Nov 13, 2016
undecided will Nigeria go to hell for not providing you the Avenue to fulfill your God's given potentials?
Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by JSoE(f): 1:17pm On Nov 13, 2016
Churches aren't even taxed so I don't know where you dug up this mumu question from.
If you're hellbound so is your church.
Btw, religious hells are inexistent. Only one hell is real and that's 'Nigeria'.
Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Nov 13, 2016
Kayleb26:

2. Corruption
4. Multiple taxation

you won't realise living in Nigeria you already in a hell fire try and pay a visit abroad then you will agree with me

have you seen some one who was deported how they do everything humanly possible to move out of Nigeria alternatively runs to neighbouring countries
Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by WomanOfRace(f): 1:26pm On Nov 13, 2016
Kayleb26:

2. Corruption
4. Multiple taxation

I can only remember where Jesus asked them to give Caesar what belongs to him and God His own. It is true that our government has failed us big time but some achievements which we make use of can still be traced to them.

Nobody here is God to tell you He will or will no throw you to hell for this,but pay your taxes if your conscience ain't right. Do the right thing.

1 Like

Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by tonquendo4u(m): 1:29pm On Nov 13, 2016
Yesooo.u rob govt,u rob God.Give to Caesar what is he's n to God what is He's.B4 u ask me how u give to God,I sing for u"whatsoever u do to d least of my brothers,that u do unto me"
Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by Maximus85(m): 1:30pm On Nov 13, 2016
FrancisMalemia:
No. You Won't Go To Hell For Not Paying Taxes, If You Are A Born Again Christian That Is. Jesus Already Went To Hell For You . Any Act That Is Not In Accordance With The Word Of God Is Sin. On Romans 13 V 1-7 Especially On Verse 6 & 7, The Word Is Against Not Paying Taxes. If You're A Born Again, You Are In Christ. And If You Are In Christ, In Him You Have Already Been Been Forgiven, Even For Not Paying Taxes, If Not So, Then You Require Another Jesus Christ To Die Again For That Sin. So I Don't Know Where You Will Find That One, Maybe In Israel, I Dont Know Maybe Kenya Hahaha. Jesus Died Once And For All. He Paid Once For All Your Sins, Past, Present And Future Sins Aswell. All You Gotta Do Is To Go On Your Knees And Acknowledge Your Sin Before Him And Receive His Forgiveness, Because It Has Already Been Given In Christ Jesus. Amen.

Jesus went to hell to do what? What is hell? If hell is a place of torment, wetin Jesus go do for there? Lack of knowledge.
Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by Ahmadgani(m): 1:47pm On Nov 13, 2016
seguno2:

You obviously have not heard of PAYE- Pay as You Earn by employees.
Have you also heard of Personal Income Tax by business people?
Read and learn so you don't perish for lack of knowledge.
Shallom.
look at this guy, I pay my tax regularly as both a civil servant and a business man.
it's you that need to read
Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by Praktikals(m): 1:56pm On Nov 13, 2016
FrancisMalemia:
No. You Won't Go To Hell For Not Paying Taxes, If You Are A Born Again Christian That Is. Jesus Already Went To Hell For You . Any Act That Is Not In Accordance With The Word Of God Is Sin. On Romans 13 V 1-7 Especially On Verse 6 & 7, The Word Is Against Not Paying Taxes. If You're A Born Again, You Are In Christ. And If You Are In Christ, In Him You Have Already Been Been Forgiven, Even For Not Paying Taxes, If Not So, Then You Require Another Jesus Christ To Die Again For That Sin. So I Don't Know Where You Will Find That One, Maybe In Israel, I Dont Know Maybe Kenya Hahaha. Jesus Died Once And For All. He Paid Once For All Your Sins, Past, Present And Future Sins Aswell. All You Gotta Do Is To Go On Your Knees And Acknowledge Your Sin Before Him And Receive His Forgiveness, Because It Has Already Been Given In Christ Jesus. Amen.
If i get you correctly, i can continue in sin because Jesus had paid the price once and for all.
Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by tonio2wo: 2:10pm On Nov 13, 2016
Kayleb26:

I think you're are saying the wages of tax defaulters is jail. Are you in essence saying God doesn't care whether a believer defaults in tax and other civic duties..

For the question being sensible or not, you have no idea what makes sense to me or not.

Thank for your contribution

"Give to ceaser what belongs to ceacer" - JC
Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by McSterling(m): 2:22pm On Nov 13, 2016
The life of a Christian: You have to worry whether your loving heavenly father will roast you eternally for not paying tax to a government that has repeatedly robbed and failed you.
Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Nov 13, 2016
FrancisMalemia:
The Government Being Corrupt Should Not Affect Your Obedience To The Word Of God. You Just Do Your Part. What The Government Will Do With The Tax Does Not Concern You, God Will Not Question You. That's Why Jesus Showed That The Tax Belongs To Ceaser, So If There's Any Questioning, He Will Question Ceaser. So You Just Do Your Part.
Good response
Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Nov 13, 2016
Hmmm may god help us
Meanwhile try not to laugh when you visit the blog in my picture..

Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by toshmann(m): 2:28pm On Nov 13, 2016
DeSepiero:
Replace the 'Hell' with 'Jail' and ask a more sensible question.

grin grin grin

Looks like some people are sick and tired of the garbage that comes into nairaland daily cheesy
Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by Jexyme(f): 2:33pm On Nov 13, 2016
HQuadreal:
Jamb Question.

Yes! You will, infact the very bottom of it.

So pay your taxes appropriately.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Will The Next Pope Be The Last? / Where do Atheists go when they die? / Why Is Pastor Chris Church Always Docorated With Pyramids?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.