Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Nigerians And Their 5.0CGPA Syndrome; That's Why We Can Never Greater Minds - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerians And Their 5.0CGPA Syndrome; That's Why We Can Never Greater Minds (3606 Views)

Man Graduates With 4.0CGPA In Masters In USA After Being Mocked By Dad's Friend / 20year Old Nigerian Sets Record In Europe; Graduates With 5.0CGPA / Nigerians And Their Use Of The English language - BBC (Hilarious) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians And Their 5.0CGPA Syndrome; That's Why We Can Never Greater Minds by kinkonp: 10:01am On Nov 12, 2016
Nigerians and their 5.0CGPA syndrome; that's why we can never produce minds like Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg etc
Grades is good but try to learn than to cram and come out with 5.0.
Innoson is not a firstclass student but he employs first class.
Ifesinachi owns fleets of buses and still employs graduates.
Dangote is not a first class student still he employs pHd holders.
Gani if I am correct made third class and am sure thousands of first class lawyers in Nigeria today can't match his accomplishments.
Grades doesn't determine success, try learn and understand not cram by hardwork, good grades will fall in later.
I know so many first class that are jobless.
Seun Osewa is a dropout but i'm 100 percent sure he can feed his whole village including those with first class.
Bro don't kill yourself over a number, its just a number.
Education seems to be bleeped... Learn a Trade/Skill to back up.
Comment

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians And Their 5.0CGPA Syndrome; That's Why We Can Never Greater Minds by Tocheagle(m): 10:03am On Nov 12, 2016
Well Said, Who 5.0 CGPA epp
Re: Nigerians And Their 5.0CGPA Syndrome; That's Why We Can Never Greater Minds by ojun50(m): 10:06am On Nov 12, 2016
Tocheagle:

some people

8 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Their 5.0CGPA Syndrome; That's Why We Can Never Greater Minds by kinkonp: 10:09am On Nov 12, 2016
i wonder oooo
Tocheagle:

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Their 5.0CGPA Syndrome; That's Why We Can Never Greater Minds by Diva122(f): 10:11am On Nov 12, 2016
#Ressesion office work without business or mmm/ghw na total waste rubbish..
Re: Nigerians And Their 5.0CGPA Syndrome; That's Why We Can Never Greater Minds by Nobody: 10:18am On Nov 12, 2016
Stop deceiving young minds. Ayo Dada got reward for his hardwork. Zuckerberg didn't drop out from OAU or UNIBEN, mind you.

12 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Their 5.0CGPA Syndrome; That's Why We Can Never Greater Minds by beejay9(m): 10:20am On Nov 12, 2016
Come, seun na, dropout??

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Their 5.0CGPA Syndrome; That's Why We Can Never Greater Minds by beejay9(m): 10:20am On Nov 12, 2016
Come, seun na dropout??
Re: Nigerians And Their 5.0CGPA Syndrome; That's Why We Can Never Greater Minds by littlewonders: 10:23am On Nov 12, 2016
Op, arrange a movement and start the campaign, I go join you. Too much writing yet no effort to push power that be, to act.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Their 5.0CGPA Syndrome; That's Why We Can Never Greater Minds by EHMIR(m): 10:42am On Nov 12, 2016
Nd my former landlady no even enter jss1,u need to see her house nd cars then,she was the only one with hummer3 then in the whole estate,all her children dey US(i pray make trump no pursue dem shaagrin).

Sch sev is over rated.buhari no even geh sch cert(la joke i dey o,b4 zombies dem come for my blood)

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Their 5.0CGPA Syndrome; That's Why We Can Never Greater Minds by Nobody: 11:15am On Nov 12, 2016
Enough with this nonsense!
For Bleep sake!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Their 5.0CGPA Syndrome; That's Why We Can Never Greater Minds by handsomebolanle: 11:25am On Nov 12, 2016
You spoke well though but your write_up is not balanced enough... I appreciate good grades only if you've seen the mass of jobless poor grades... and the pain you feel when you could not apply for the job you desire because of that simple number....
Let's leave a balance live and do our best in every circumstances we find ourselves.... Time and Chance comes for every Man.
That's what makes it life

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians And Their 5.0CGPA Syndrome; That's Why We Can Never Greater Minds by DozieInc(m): 2:27pm On Nov 12, 2016
handsomebolanle:
You spoke well though but your write_up is not balanced enough... I appreciate good grades only if you've seen the mass of jobless poor grades... and the pain you feel when you could not apply for the job you desire because of that simple number....
Let's leave a balance live and do our best in every circumstances we find ourselves.... Time and Chance comes for every Man.
That's what makes it life
True, education is a life time process.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Their 5.0CGPA Syndrome; That's Why We Can Never Greater Minds by shurlar50(m): 3:22pm On Nov 12, 2016
OP, what are you driving at gan gan sef? That students should not be graded or grades shouldnt be included in academics? Every man who aspire to accomplish something in this life (or has already accomplished), including those guys you mention will forever be graded (ranked or rated) for life, based on their deeds and achievement. What is the purpose of education if one is not graded (based on performance)?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Their 5.0CGPA Syndrome; That's Why We Can Never Greater Minds by daveP(m): 3:38pm On Nov 12, 2016
crammer's rule...... making lecturers feel like some students are wiser than others.

the overemphasis is still killing many today, yet the ones that hype it can even assure their students a side job in the same faculty they graduated from.

Please how will someone that has 4.99 as cgpa at final year be given just a textbook as prize, not even some cash to flex for the night.

well the system gave me eleven exercise books when I got 1st way back in jss1, and it still gives out the same prize... just as stagnant as the nig society

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Their 5.0CGPA Syndrome; That's Why We Can Never Greater Minds by babyfaceafrica: 3:45pm On Nov 12, 2016
IssyGenius:
Stop deceiving young minds. Ayo Dada got reward for his hardwork. Zuckerberg didn't drop out from OAU or UNIBEN, mind you.
what is ayo dada reward compared to miss UNILAG...ayo got peanuts!!!!...grade is good but not eldorado,that's why someone like seun osewa an elect elect student who was one time leading his faculty at OAU ,left and became what he is today,where are his peers who graduated with first class?,probably with shell,NLNG,NNPC or abroad.what do they earn probably 500k to 2m monthly?...do you know how much seun makes a month?..seun is even not utilizing his forum well,if not Linda will be scared!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Their 5.0CGPA Syndrome; That's Why We Can Never Greater Minds by Nobody: 3:56pm On Nov 12, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
what is ayo dada reward compared to miss UNILAG...ayo got peanuts!!!!...grade is good but not eldorado,that's why someone like seun osewa an elect elect student who was one time leading his faculty at OAU ,left and became what he is today,where are his peers who graduated with first class?,probably with shell,NLNG,NNPC or abroad.what do they earn probably 500k to 2m monthly?...do you know how much seun makes a month?..seun is even not utilizing his forum well,if not Linda will be scared!!
bros it work for d bae no mean say e go dey lik dat for u oo.5.0 dey help wella

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Their 5.0CGPA Syndrome; That's Why We Can Never Greater Minds by babyfaceafrica: 3:57pm On Nov 12, 2016
Oreoo:
bros it work for d bae no mean say e go dey lik dat for u oo.5.0 dey help wella
ayaf hear...which bae he work for?
Re: Nigerians And Their 5.0CGPA Syndrome; That's Why We Can Never Greater Minds by Libkid(m): 6:01pm On Nov 12, 2016
this ur write up is bad
Re: Nigerians And Their 5.0CGPA Syndrome; That's Why We Can Never Greater Minds by chicoMX(m): 6:29pm On Nov 12, 2016
Op, nor vex.. Wetin you graduate with?
Re: Nigerians And Their 5.0CGPA Syndrome; That's Why We Can Never Greater Minds by Nobody: 6:32pm On Nov 12, 2016

9 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Their 5.0CGPA Syndrome; That's Why We Can Never Greater Minds by Nobody: 7:21pm On Nov 12, 2016
For every Seun Osewa, Bill Gate or Gani Fawehnmi that excelled despite not graduating well in school or dropping out, there are 100 others jobless third class graduates and drop-outs wallowing in abject poverty because of their mistake in school. For every jobless first-class graduate endlessly roaming the streets, there are over 100 first-class graduates with multiple job offers waiting for them after graduation. My point? In every of your endeavors, whether academics, your job, your business, always pursue excellence; never settle for less.
The path towards success is easier for those with good grades than for those without it. Seun and co had to strive harder to become who they are today than they would if they had graduated with excellence. That things finally worked out for them does not mean it would for you.

Lastmumu

28 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Nigerians And Their 5.0CGPA Syndrome; That's Why We Can Never Greater Minds by lilmax(m): 8:04pm On Nov 12, 2016
not this crap again.....don't train your kids, tell them school is not important and btw I know you graduated with a third grin
Re: Nigerians And Their 5.0CGPA Syndrome; That's Why We Can Never Greater Minds by babyfaceafrica: 8:07pm On Nov 12, 2016
LastMumu:
[color=#000099]For every Seun Osewa, Bill Gate or Gani Fawehnmi that excelled despite not graduating well in school, there are 100 others jobless third class graduates and drop-outs wallowing in abject poverty because of their mistake in school. For every jobless first-class graduate endlessly roaming the streets, there are over 100 first-class graduates with multiple job offers waiting for them after graduation. My point? In every of your endeavors, whether academics, your job, your business, always pursue excellence; never settle for less.
The path towards success is easier for those with good grades than for those without it. Seun and co had to strive harder to become who they are today than they would if they had graduated with excellence. That things finally worked out for them does not mean it would for you.

Lastmumu
[/color,they did not gradute w]
seun osewa and bill gates left school ,they did not graduate with third class,seun osewa was even topping his faculty when he left,so please differentiate btw someone that left school and someone that did badly academically,they differ that said everybody has his or her own destiny to fufil
Re: Nigerians And Their 5.0CGPA Syndrome; That's Why We Can Never Greater Minds by Nobody: 8:11pm On Nov 12, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
seun osewa and bill gates left school ,they did not graduate with third class,seun osewa was even topping his faculty when he left,so please differentiate btw someone that left school and someone that did badly academically,they differ that said everybody has his or her own destiny to fufil

where in my post did I say Seun or Gates graduated with a Third class?
Re: Nigerians And Their 5.0CGPA Syndrome; That's Why We Can Never Greater Minds by babyfaceafrica: 8:16pm On Nov 12, 2016
LastMumu:

where in my post did I say Seun or Gates graduated with a Third class?
reread it
Re: Nigerians And Their 5.0CGPA Syndrome; That's Why We Can Never Greater Minds by Nobody: 8:17pm On Nov 12, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
reread it

Point it out. undecided
Re: Nigerians And Their 5.0CGPA Syndrome; That's Why We Can Never Greater Minds by SkinnyDude(m): 8:18pm On Nov 12, 2016
edoit. don't go and study and get a good grade.. be giving yourself false hope.
Re: Nigerians And Their 5.0CGPA Syndrome; That's Why We Can Never Greater Minds by SkinnyDude(m): 8:20pm On Nov 12, 2016
IssyGenius:
don't mind him.. most of these have rich parents, connections.. someone like dangote..

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Their 5.0CGPA Syndrome; That's Why We Can Never Greater Minds by moshark06(m): 8:42pm On Nov 12, 2016
pls I need someone to enumerate what success is all about .
is it when you have millions of cash in your account?
is it education?
informal education?
or dropping out of school and venture into business?
going after your passion
what is the yardstick to measuring success?
I notice that we Nigerians tends to tag only the rich as a success and are less concerned about the academically successful ones and the intellectual ones.
part of my discoveries about human is, majority of us tends to find ways to console and make excuse for her failures.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Their 5.0CGPA Syndrome; That's Why We Can Never Greater Minds by babyfaceafrica: 9:32pm On Nov 12, 2016
SkinnyDude:
don't mind him.. most of these have rich parents, connections.. someone like dangote..
seun and innoson had God!!!
Re: Nigerians And Their 5.0CGPA Syndrome; That's Why We Can Never Greater Minds by babyfaceafrica: 9:40pm On Nov 12, 2016
moshark06:
pls I need someone to enumerate what success is all about .
is it when you have millions of cash in your account?
is it education?
informal education?
or dropping out of school and venture into business?
going after your passion
what is the yardstick to measuring success?
I notice that we Nigerians tends to tag only the rich as a success and are less concerned about the academically successful ones and the intellectual ones.
part of my discoveries about human is, majority of us tends to find ways to console and make excuse for her failures.
success is what you define it...if you have a first class and you say its a success to you...it is, if you have a pass and excel in trade,you are a success..you determine you success ,not your lecturers,society or certificate

(1) (2) (Reply)

Engage On Camp Committees Activities, NYSC Charges Prospective Corps Members / Forbes’ Youngest Billionaires: 18year-old Kid Takes The Crown With Four Nigerian / How To Speak English Fluently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.