Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,253 members, 7,818,874 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

Governor Mimiko Distributes Rice In Okitipupa To 70,000 Women - Pictures - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Mimiko Distributes Rice In Okitipupa To 70,000 Women - Pictures (24532 Views)

Fayose Distributes Rice And N200 After Eating N100 Buka Rice / Ondo Crisis Deepens As Protesters Attack Governor Mimiko's Convoy- Premium Times / I'm First To Live Up To 70 Years In My Family- Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Mimiko Distributes Rice In Okitipupa To 70,000 Women - Pictures by viviangist: 10:28am On Nov 12, 2016
The Ondo State Governor, Dr Olusegun Mimiko,on Friday, flagged off the second phase of the state food palliative programme, code named Eto Igbe Ayo targetted at reaching no fewer than seventy thousand women across Ondo State.

The Eto Igbe Ayo programme, which is aimed at cushioning the effect of the harsh economic situation of the nation on the women and their families, brought together women from different parts of the Ondo Southern Senatorial District at the flag-off ceremony held at Okitipupa Local Government secretariat, on Friday.

It would be recalled that One Hundred Thousand women had benefitted from the first phase of the programme which was flagged off in July 2016.

Addressing the beneficiaries at the occasion, Governor Mimiko said the items for distribution were rice and beans, adding that the programme was meant for all residents of the state irrespective of political affiliation.

He explained that the use of the State Residency Card also known as Kaadi Igbe Ayo was introduced in the distribution of the various items in order to guard against fraud and multiple receipts by the beneficiaries.

According to him, with the second edition of the programme, a total of One Hundred and Seventy Thousand (170,000) women across Ondo State had benefitted so far from the programme.

The Governor said the second phase, unlike the first phase which was solely funded by the state government, is a joint programme between the State and Local Governments as part of efforts at addressing poverty and hunger occasioned by the economic recession.

The wife of the Governor, Olukemi Mimiko, who handled the distribution of the Food items to the beneficiaries, commended the State and Local Government authorities for embarking on the programme to ameliorate the plight of the various families in Ondo State.

She noted that whatever passes through women will surely benefit the entire family, hence the reason why the women were mostly targeted in the Food Palliative programme.

Mrs Mimiko however urged women in the state to deliver the positive message in their various homes in the interest of the entire sunshine state.

Earlier in his address, the Chairman of Okitipupa Local Government Area, Pastor Larry Ogunmusire, eulogized the State Government for its consistency in giving priority to issues concerning women and children in the state, in spite of the present economic crunch, assuring that the people of the Local Government will continue to support the State Government in all its programmes.

Source http://www.viviangist.com/governor-mimiko-distributes-rice-in-okitipupa-to-70000-women-pictures

C

Re: Governor Mimiko Distributes Rice In Okitipupa To 70,000 Women - Pictures by viviangist: 10:29am On Nov 12, 2016

Re: Governor Mimiko Distributes Rice In Okitipupa To 70,000 Women - Pictures by donejossy87(f): 10:31am On Nov 12, 2016
Me sell my birth right for ds small rice to a dum? undecided , kole work

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Mimiko Distributes Rice In Okitipupa To 70,000 Women - Pictures by NaijaMutant(f): 10:33am On Nov 12, 2016
Ise logun ise

1 Like

Re: Governor Mimiko Distributes Rice In Okitipupa To 70,000 Women - Pictures by NaijaMutant(f): 10:34am On Nov 12, 2016
donejossy87:
Me sell my birth right for ds small rice to a dum? undecided , kole work

1. You don't have a birth right in the first place.

Please collect the rice and add the half Derica APC gave you, then maybe you can survive this recession.

2. You folks are not known for voting your conscience, rather you are best known for following orders from Jagaban and playing Amala politics.

I know you already collected the rice grin

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Governor Mimiko Distributes Rice In Okitipupa To 70,000 Women - Pictures by Nobody: 10:35am On Nov 12, 2016
Iroko, ma fi iso kekere ba idi je o!

2 Likes

Re: Governor Mimiko Distributes Rice In Okitipupa To 70,000 Women - Pictures by Benjom(m): 10:35am On Nov 12, 2016
It's the usual norm... Election is around the corner. Only fo-ols will pretend not to decipher the message.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Mimiko Distributes Rice In Okitipupa To 70,000 Women - Pictures by NaijaMutant(f): 10:39am On Nov 12, 2016
Brigham:
Iroko, ma fi iso kekere ba idi je o!

No be you dey form Niger delta for the other thread undecided

Abi you do tribe swap ni grin grin grin

Afonja Busted grin grin grin

Brigham:
Nobody should take these SS/SE chanters serious, they're frustrated jobless touts.

All they do for a living is look for silly excuses and opportunities to wail the bitterness in their heart out against Buhari government.

They didn't die of Jonathan neglects of their dilapidated roads but they're convulsing about Buhari's so called discriminations.

So far roads in Niger Delta are constructed and renovated, they(south easterners) can go and die!

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Governor Mimiko Distributes Rice In Okitipupa To 70,000 Women - Pictures by Nobody: 10:41am On Nov 12, 2016
NaijaMutant:

No be wey dey form Niger delta for the other thread undecided

Afonja
This one is really trying to make sense. cheesy

I know it was not given unto you.

6 Likes

Re: Governor Mimiko Distributes Rice In Okitipupa To 70,000 Women - Pictures by omowolewa: 10:42am On Nov 12, 2016
Did he do that last year?
All this 'see you in 4years time' gesture.

1 Like

Re: Governor Mimiko Distributes Rice In Okitipupa To 70,000 Women - Pictures by SamuelAnyawu(m): 10:43am On Nov 12, 2016
Just to alleviate the effect of Buhari's Recession that has brought hunger in the Land

cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Governor Mimiko Distributes Rice In Okitipupa To 70,000 Women - Pictures by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:47am On Nov 12, 2016
Rice seeds abi eatable ones?

1 Like

Re: Governor Mimiko Distributes Rice In Okitipupa To 70,000 Women - Pictures by NaijaMutant(f): 10:48am On Nov 12, 2016
Brigham:

This one is really trying to make sense. cheesy

I know it was not given unto you.

You can fool some of the people some of the time but you can't fool all of the people all of the time undecided

Afonja forming south south

Brigham:

So far roads in Niger Delta are constructed and renovated, they(south easterners) can go and die!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Mimiko Distributes Rice In Okitipupa To 70,000 Women - Pictures by Nobody: 10:59am On Nov 12, 2016
NaijaMutant:

You can fool some of the people some of the time but you can't fool all of the people all of the time undecided

I pity those that wasted their resources on your education.

If you can't comprehend simple statement such as you quoted, where in my statements did I claim to be a Niger Deltan, even if I did, is Ondo state not among the Niger Delta states.

Sharing the cyberspace with your type is surely a disgrace.

18 Likes

Re: Governor Mimiko Distributes Rice In Okitipupa To 70,000 Women - Pictures by NaijaMutant(f): 11:08am On Nov 12, 2016
Brigham:

I pity those that wasted their resources on your education.

If you can't comprehend simple statement such as you quoted, where in my statements did I claim to be a Niger Deltan, even if I did, is Ondo state not among the Niger Delta states.

Sharing the cyberspace with your type is surely a disgrace.

Afonja always shifting the goal post undecided

You've been busted grin

Pls hide you head in shame

Tribe swapper grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Mimiko Distributes Rice In Okitipupa To 70,000 Women - Pictures by Nobody: 11:27am On Nov 12, 2016
Mimiko using rice to buy the electorates some few weeks before election. Kwantinuu... angry

I hope Ondo people are wiser than Ekiti stomach infrastructural people.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Governor Mimiko Distributes Rice In Okitipupa To 70,000 Women - Pictures by Nobody: 11:34am On Nov 12, 2016
omowolewa:
Did he di that last year?
All this 'see you in 4years time' gesture.

That's how they hope to always remain in power. They control the electorates by keeping them hungry and broke for three-quarter years, only giving them crumbs of a crumb.

When the time of election is very near, they start distributing rice and other foodstuffs to alleviate their hunger for that period so that they can be voted for again.

Then start the whole cycle of hunger and pain all over again.

I just keep wondering if Nigerians have brains that are yet to develop into that of the modern man, homo sapiens. Maybe we are still in the homo habilis stage.

7 Likes

Re: Governor Mimiko Distributes Rice In Okitipupa To 70,000 Women - Pictures by Aphrygian(m): 11:37am On Nov 12, 2016
NaijaMutant:

Afonja always shifting the goal post undecided

You've been busted grin

Pls hide you head in shame

Tribe swapper grin
ode ni bobo yii shaaaa, he asked u a question 'is ondo not part of the niger delta,?' pls answer that.

11 Likes

Re: Governor Mimiko Distributes Rice In Okitipupa To 70,000 Women - Pictures by orunto27: 12:20pm On Nov 12, 2016
Very good. This is Food given directly to the people and not $500millions laundered to Hillary Clinton. God bless Mimiko.

1 Like

Re: Governor Mimiko Distributes Rice In Okitipupa To 70,000 Women - Pictures by samco19: 1:07pm On Nov 12, 2016
Okitipupa people will colet the rice and still vote olusola oke

8 Likes

Re: Governor Mimiko Distributes Rice In Okitipupa To 70,000 Women - Pictures by Johnnyessence(m): 1:36pm On Nov 12, 2016
viviangist:

Source http://www.viviangist.com/governor-mimiko-distributes-rice-in-okitipupa-to-70000-women-pictures

Cc; lalasticlala
my people my people selfish mimiko av started distributing rice and groundnut oil to u people pls kindly collect it cos it is your right. Pls do not vote for his factional candidate jegede. Infact mimiko should be arrested for disbursing remaining funds in the treasury. He is a thief that will soon be jail.

3 Likes

Re: Governor Mimiko Distributes Rice In Okitipupa To 70,000 Women - Pictures by Johnnyessence(m): 1:46pm On Nov 12, 2016
Mimiko thinks distributing of rice and groundnut oil will make d masses to vote for pdp hmnm. I want to them here that they av failed already. No roads rural roads in ondo states is d worst in the sw. Mimiko has destroyed d whole thing. He now want to annoint his puppet candidate jegede so that he will cover the loot. Mimiko will be probe for his money laundering and embezzling the state treasury. D masses will collect their foods and groundnut oil but they will not vote for them in ondo state. Mimiko thinks the stupid stomach infrastructure idea his counterpact fayose brought to the people of ekiti will yield result. Am so sorry for them they av failed big time. People will collect their money and rice but they will not vote for them.

3 Likes

Re: Governor Mimiko Distributes Rice In Okitipupa To 70,000 Women - Pictures by Johnnyessence(m): 1:57pm On Nov 12, 2016
viviangist:

Cc; lalasticlala
mimiko thinks he can just come and embezzle the state treasury hmmm. He should ask other politicians that av distribute rice all in the name of election and at d end they loose massively. People are not carried away with rice and groundnut oil again no. People are moved with infrastructure development. Mimiko has failed on this one again. 14 days to go he is busy distributing rice and groundnut oil to the masses all in the name to canvass vote for jegede. He has failed already. Infact popularity of jimoh ibrahim has bury mimiko politically in ondo state. mimiko should be preparing for his handover note for Aketi to take over the helms of administration of ondo state. Mimiko failed d people of ondo state. What a pity.

4 Likes

Re: Governor Mimiko Distributes Rice In Okitipupa To 70,000 Women - Pictures by simmarcos(m): 2:38pm On Nov 12, 2016
Stomach infrastructure people

1 Like

Re: Governor Mimiko Distributes Rice In Okitipupa To 70,000 Women - Pictures by Nobody: 2:39pm On Nov 12, 2016
NaijaMutant:

No be you dey form Niger delta for the other thread undecided

Afonja Busted grin grin grin

investigation officer, I twale! ,SS work go fit you, since we nor get CIA for naija, and if na me I go collect am, infact I will collect from apc, pdp, accord, kowa, and stay at home on election day grin

5 Likes

Re: Governor Mimiko Distributes Rice In Okitipupa To 70,000 Women - Pictures by Nobody: 2:39pm On Nov 12, 2016
For heaven sake if you want to give people rice. Give them 50kg each and not 50 Milligrams angry

4 Likes

Re: Governor Mimiko Distributes Rice In Okitipupa To 70,000 Women - Pictures by Jafar1: 2:40pm On Nov 12, 2016
I see am

2 Likes

Re: Governor Mimiko Distributes Rice In Okitipupa To 70,000 Women - Pictures by MzMercie: 2:41pm On Nov 12, 2016
Rice abo meji, iya odun merin (2 bowls of rice, 4 years of suffering)

6 Likes

Re: Governor Mimiko Distributes Rice In Okitipupa To 70,000 Women - Pictures by Nobody: 2:42pm On Nov 12, 2016
Let them collect the rice and vote for their conscience. It was bought with their money.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nothing To Show That South-east Is Part Of Nigeria - Okorocha / Buhari Has Turned Governance To Nollywood —fayose / Tony Elumelu Commissions Aisha Buhari Foundation Maternity Complex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.