Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,138 members, 7,818,427 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

Why Obama Never Visited The Most Populous Black Nation On Earth. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Obama Never Visited The Most Populous Black Nation On Earth. (4700 Views)

Nigeria To Pass U.S. As World’s 3rd Most Populous Country By 2050, UN Says / The Greatest Black Nation In The World. "NIGERIA" / Buhari To Address Nation On Recovered Loot - Oyegun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Obama Never Visited The Most Populous Black Nation On Earth. by KingOfAmebo(m): 10:45am On Nov 12, 2016
It baffles me to think that the first black man to be elected the President of the United States of America Barack Obama never visited the most populous black nation on earth, Nigeria. He has visited other African countries but never, I mean never set foot on Nigerian soil in his eight years as President of United States.

Is there any logical explanation to this deliberate act?

Of what importance or value would it be should he now decide to visit after his tenure as President of the United States?

Why is the Nigerian media silent about this?

Cc Lalasticlala ishilove

1 Like

Re: Why Obama Never Visited The Most Populous Black Nation On Earth. by Ladipodeal: 10:51am On Nov 12, 2016
When he is out of White House, Jim Ovia, Tony Elumelu and the likes should not bother to bring him to Naija under any guise.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Obama Never Visited The Most Populous Black Nation On Earth. by KingOfAmebo(m): 10:56am On Nov 12, 2016
Ladipodeal:
When he is out of White House, Jim Ovia, Tony Elumelu and the likes should not bother to bring him to Naija under any guise.

You are very correct...he is practically spitting on our faces, never knew he hated Nigeria that much to the point of not honoring us with just one visit.

4 Likes

Re: Why Obama Never Visited The Most Populous Black Nation On Earth. by Trut(m): 11:01am On Nov 12, 2016
He hates Nigeria so much, that's is why he supported a Jihadist, an economic and social disaster to become naija presidiot.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Obama Never Visited The Most Populous Black Nation On Earth. by fineyemi(m): 11:03am On Nov 12, 2016
hmmmmm!!! He must have been scared of the boko boys

3 Likes

Re: Why Obama Never Visited The Most Populous Black Nation On Earth. by gidgiddy: 11:05am On Nov 12, 2016
Nigeria has a very bad human rights record, a high corruption profile, political instability, militancy and terrorism. People such as me would prefare if my fellow ethnic Igbos left Nigeria to create their own independent nation because we tired of 'one Nigeria'

So why would Obama want to visit a country like Nigeria? America has issued several travel warnings to their citizens about going to Nigeria, let alone their president.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Obama Never Visited The Most Populous Black Nation On Earth. by KingOfAmebo(m): 12:10pm On Nov 12, 2016
gidgiddy:
Nigeria has a very bad human rights record, a high corruption profile, political instability, militancy and terrorism. People such as me would prefare if my fellow ethnic Igbos left Nigeria to create their own independent nation because we tired of 'one Nigeria'

So why would Obama want to visit a country like Nigeria? America has issued several travel warnings to their citizens about going to Nigeria, let alone their president.

I disagree with you on that...the travel warnings are for states in Nigeria experiencing Boko Haram violence.

By the way, why is it that you Igbos always mess threads up with your rants?...even on topics that has nothing to do with independence?...the other day, I saw someone comment about IPOB on a snake thread. How does that relate? If you want an independent Nation start by leaving other people's land and go and develop your own. You can't be crying on someone's land and fail to visit and stay in your own land. Leave Lagos, Abuja and Kano and see if you can survive in your land.

13 Likes

Re: Why Obama Never Visited The Most Populous Black Nation On Earth. by Nobody: 12:16pm On Nov 12, 2016
Because Nigerians smell funny

1 Like

Re: Why Obama Never Visited The Most Populous Black Nation On Earth. by gidgiddy: 12:23pm On Nov 12, 2016
KingOfAmebo:

I disagree with you on that...the travel warnings are for states in Nigeria experiencing Boko Haram violence.

By the way, why is it that you Igbos always mess threads up with your rants?...even on topics that has nothing to do with independence?...the other day, I saw someone comment about IPOB on a snake thread. How does that relate? If you want an independent Nation start by leaving other people's land and go and develop your own. You can't be crying on someone's land and fail to visit and stay in your own land. Leave Lagos, Abuja and Kano and see if you can su

rvive in your land.

Dont talk like that. We left for our land in 1967, it didnt stop Nigeria coming down to the East to fight. Why do you think we wont survive? How did we survive when there was no Nigeria? How did we survive for three years being blockaded by air, land and sea in a war situation.

Obama was right not to visit Nigeria, there was nothing to visit anyway except faliure

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Obama Never Visited The Most Populous Black Nation On Earth. by Sweetguy25: 12:28pm On Nov 12, 2016
Because the country is hopeless

1 Like

Re: Why Obama Never Visited The Most Populous Black Nation On Earth. by loopmangoat(m): 12:36pm On Nov 12, 2016
Ladipodeal:
When the above mentioned bring obama to Nigeria obama will start telling nigerians how prosperous they are how they are the future of the black race
Ask Gordon Brown or bill clinton or george w bush
You forgot to include this day publisher nduka obiagbena
That man enjoys bringing ex foreign leaders to Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Why Obama Never Visited The Most Populous Black Nation On Earth. by Nobody: 12:49pm On Nov 12, 2016
I don't see any reason he should visit Nigeria or is it because Buhari has been visiting many countries, so we think it should be like that for other presidents too?

1 Like

Re: Why Obama Never Visited The Most Populous Black Nation On Earth. by Nobody: 12:54pm On Nov 12, 2016
Obama is a gay friendly muslim president who didn't like Jonathan or what jonathan represented

It is no secret that GEJ crossed Obama on many key issues like the gay marriage law he passed, his refusal to support Palestine as against US advice and GEJ local content policy in oil and gas sectors

When Bubu came on board, Obama's tenure was almost out, election time was around the corner.

2 Likes

Re: Why Obama Never Visited The Most Populous Black Nation On Earth. by MrDavidson: 1:58pm On Nov 12, 2016
As much as we know that his choice not to visit Nigeria was to spite her, we should have enough dignity not to accord him more respect than he deserves. His visit would have done us no good. We're as independent as his country is. We're no one's stooge.

2 Likes

Re: Why Obama Never Visited The Most Populous Black Nation On Earth. by DozieInc(m): 2:34pm On Nov 12, 2016
MrDavidson:
As much as we know that his choice not to visit Nigeria was to spite her, we should have enough dignity not to accord him more respect than he deserves. His visit would have done us no good. We're as independent as his country is. We're no one's stooge.

1 Like

Re: Why Obama Never Visited The Most Populous Black Nation On Earth. by tolor: 2:46pm On Nov 12, 2016
it's like going to Edo state and you visit all the Enogies but conspicuously exempt the Oba. That is a very strong message you are sending.

Roosevelt's wife invited some Nigerian chiefs during her husband's presidency.

JFK invited Tafewa Balewa.

Jimmy Carter flew down to Dodan barracks inspite of Americans stance against dictatorship.

Bill Clinton visited Nigeria.

George Bush visited Nigeria.

Now the first African-American president stayed away from Nigeria for eight years even visiting Ghana, Senegal two west African countries and he didn't deem it fit to visit Nigeria.

Recently I've come to equate his beef with Nigeria with that of the Kenyans. I want to see it as a Kenya vs Nigeria thing.

And as for those saying all sorts of shits as Nigeria is corrupt bla bla bla, how about Obama visiting Saudi Arabia that has the worse human rights record. His absence has nothing to do with our problems that why I supported Trump to win because I believe a Clinton's presidency would be an extension of the Obama's administration and it's unfavourable policies towards Nigeria and Africa as a whole.

To hell with Obama.

11 Likes

Re: Why Obama Never Visited The Most Populous Black Nation On Earth. by freeze001(f): 3:04pm On Nov 12, 2016
gidgiddy:

Dont talk like that. We left for our land in 1967, it didnt stop Nigeria coming down to the East to fight. Why do you think we wont survive? How did we survive when there was no Nigeria? How did we survive for three years being blockaded by air, land and sea in a war situation.

Obama was right not to visit Nigeria, there was nothing to visit anyway except faliure

You see this statement of truth? The person u quoted recognises the truth of it and due to inability to challenge it, he'll rather ignore and not respond than concede. Hypocrites all of them!
Re: Why Obama Never Visited The Most Populous Black Nation On Earth. by Nobody: 3:09pm On Nov 12, 2016
freeze001:

You see this statement of truth? The person u quoted recognises the truth of it and due to inability to challenge it, he'll rather ignore and not respond than concede. Hypocrites all of them!
True. They'll all be put to shame.
Re: Why Obama Never Visited The Most Populous Black Nation On Earth. by ATERI(m): 10:55pm On Nov 12, 2016
Obama didn`t visit Nigeria because America has the wimps of Nigeria in her pocket. Nigeria has never posed any geo-political puzzle that would make Americans see Nigeria as a country to be treated with care and respect
Nothing to worry about though; where is Obama and his America today?
Re: Why Obama Never Visited The Most Populous Black Nation On Earth. by corkpikin(m): 11:52pm On Nov 12, 2016
gidgiddy:

ODE !! And Clinton could visit
angry

1 Like

Re: Why Obama Never Visited The Most Populous Black Nation On Earth. by Nobody: 11:59pm On Nov 12, 2016
Op...ask yourself this: has any serving US President ever visited Nigeria? I said serving before illiterate Ines will jump on Bill Clinton visits. The fact remains that no US serving president has ever visited Nigeria in the last 30-40 yrs or even more while serving. There is a reason behind it. Foreign policy related that Obama doesn't have control over. Didn't Bush do the same thing Obama did? He ignored Nigeria instead went to an African country where he danced with them.
Re: Why Obama Never Visited The Most Populous Black Nation On Earth. by AfroBlue(m): 12:09am On Nov 13, 2016
His last official sojourn begins soon and 9ja, or any other country on the continent is in his itinerary. it makes u wonder!

Obama Expects Trump Queries on Trip to Greece, Germany, Peru

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS WASHINGTON — Nov 11, 2016, 4:45 PM ET

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/obama-expects-trump-queries-trip-greece-germany-peru-43469900
Re: Why Obama Never Visited The Most Populous Black Nation On Earth. by ademusiwa2v: 4:47am On Nov 13, 2016
Obama is a lawyer.

I am in Mississauga Canada, if obama want to visit me.

I have to be in Nigeria for the queen of Britain to come.

Osibanjo is an illiterate and greedy person . He knew that I don't live in the usa.

Many of Buhari ministers know I live in Canada. But they are greedy people

They don't know they are just testing them if they are faithful people or not.

ademusiwa@gmail
Re: Why Obama Never Visited The Most Populous Black Nation On Earth. by KingOfAmebo(m): 5:04am On Nov 13, 2016
Olu20090:
Op...ask yourself this: has any serving US President ever visited Nigeria? I said serving before illiterate Ines will jump on Bill Clinton visits. The fact remains that no US serving president has ever visited Nigeria in the last 30-40 yrs or even more while serving. There is a reason behind it. Foreign policy related that Obama doesn't have control over. Didn't Bush do the same thing Obama did? He ignored Nigeria instead went to an African country where he danced with them.

I am pointing out the fact that he is a "blackman" if others didn't visit he has a better chance and better excuse to visit.
Re: Why Obama Never Visited The Most Populous Black Nation On Earth. by ademusiwa2v: 5:08am On Nov 13, 2016
KingOfAmebo:

I am pointing out the fact that he his a "blackman" if others didn't visit he has a better chance and better excuse to visit.

What Osibanjo and Buhari are doing is considered fraud

Osibanjo is involve in fraud.
Osibanjo is a fraudster
Re: Why Obama Never Visited The Most Populous Black Nation On Earth. by Popogri: 5:12am On Nov 13, 2016
ademusiwa2v:
Obama is a lawyer.

Osibanjo is an illiterate and greedy person . He knew that I don't live in the usa.

ademusiwa@gmail

shocked embarassed lipsrsealed cry

You need prayers my brother
Re: Why Obama Never Visited The Most Populous Black Nation On Earth. by ademusiwa2v: 5:14am On Nov 13, 2016
Popogri:

shocked embarassed lipsrsealed cry

You need prayers my brother

Prayer from what, Osibanjo is a fraudster. Many redeemed pastors are into fraud.

So Osibanjo is no surprise to me. I don't trust redeemed pastor's. When they kill a redeemed pastors wife olawale. I was not shock because many of the redeemed pastors are into fraud.
Re: Why Obama Never Visited The Most Populous Black Nation On Earth. by ademusiwa2v: 5:23am On Nov 13, 2016
There is a different between scam and the real thing
Re: Why Obama Never Visited The Most Populous Black Nation On Earth. by ademusiwa2v: 5:30am On Nov 13, 2016
Sunny ade, told you all his name because he knows the correct story, that his name is adeyega. To tell you. He is not the king.

Sunny is 70 years old, he knows what happen.
There is a music tape by itiade or kuroloja, if I am correct about the real story.
I am the king of Nigeria.

I showed you my military adc from the Nigeria army.
Re: Why Obama Never Visited The Most Populous Black Nation On Earth. by ajbf: 6:03am On Nov 13, 2016
Olu20090:
Do not be ignorant, three serving US presidents had visited Nigeria while they were in office. It includes the Bill Clinton that you mentioned and Jimmy Carter and George Bush jnr.
All these then serving presidents of US were received by One person ( General Olusegun Obasanjo and Civilian presidency of Chief Olusegun Obasanjo)
I could still remember vividly that public holiday was declared in nigeria when Clinton visited.
http://www.news24.com/xArchive/Archive/Clinton-the-2nd-US-president-to-visit-Nigeria-20000822
Check this as well: https://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/news/releases/2003/07/20030712-10.html
This might also help to liberate your illiteracy: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_visits_to_Sub-Saharan_Africa
My brother, always search for fact before you hold on to your offensive assertions.

8 Likes

Re: Why Obama Never Visited The Most Populous Black Nation On Earth. by Nobody: 6:13am On Nov 13, 2016
ademusiwa2v:
Obama is a lawyer.

ademusiwa@gmail

Dude when last did you see ur psychiatrist? You should schedule a visit asap, it could be life saving
Re: Why Obama Never Visited The Most Populous Black Nation On Earth. by Nobody: 6:15am On Nov 13, 2016
Olu20090:
You prolly weren't born when Carter or Clinton visited.
Don't be a poor student of history, settle your quarell with Google

Ladipodeal you soo spoke my mind, I can bet my ass that he would find his way to naija soon after handover to give his trademark rhetorics and drink our petrodollars in the name of public lectures. Or perhaps he would get invited as a guest of the Sultan and be hailed as the next big thing after Mohammed

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Has Been Appointed As The New Dg Of Wto / Peter Obi Wife De Make Marriage Hungry Me. / The Way APC Hyped This Wole Olanipekun Guy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.