Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,404 members, 7,815,880 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup: Nigeria Vs Japan Sun.13 Nov 2016 - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup: Nigeria Vs Japan Sun.13 Nov 2016 (14024 Views)

Belgium Vs Japan: World Cup (3 - 2) On 2nd July 2018 / Colombia Vs Japan: World Cup (1 - 2) On 19th June 2018 / FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup: Nigeria Vs Spain 2 - 1 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup: Nigeria Vs Japan Sun.13 Nov 2016 by Grammophile: 3:48pm On Nov 13, 2016
Hey, folks. Happy Sunday to you. Do share some love to me by voting my story via this https://prize.etisalat.com.ng/flash-fiction/voteall.php?id=2870
Re: FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup: Nigeria Vs Japan Sun.13 Nov 2016 by Jascon4: 4:23pm On Nov 13, 2016
Duru1:

I may disagree with the bolded statement above. In every human endeavor, Africans seem to pedal backward. There is little individual efforts can afford. Nigeria is a complete joke in the tend of organizational acumen.

Have you lost memory of the fact that Nigeria was Runner up in the last competition? Have you not also remembered that Nigeria has been a Runner up in the past before the last competition? They came to this competition as one of the favourites. They have not always "pedal backward" when it comes to competition at this level. Nigeria has in recent times almost always performed remarkably.

For a team coming to this competition as a runner up from the previous competition and putting up such an odious performance is worrisome for lack of words to express....I mean, they could not even make accurate passes throughout, they were utterly non existent in the game...the 6 goals was a huge flatter from Japan.

1 Like

Re: FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup: Nigeria Vs Japan Sun.13 Nov 2016 by lillaowow(m): 7:53pm On Nov 13, 2016
Re: FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup: Nigeria Vs Japan Sun.13 Nov 2016 by Duru1(m): 8:26pm On Nov 13, 2016
Jascon4:

Have you lost memory of the fact that Nigeria was Runner up in the last competition? Have you not also remembered that Nigeria has been a Runner up in the past before the last competition? They came to this competition as one of the favourites. They have not always "pedal backward" when it comes to competition at this level. Nigeria has in recent times almost always performed remarkably.

For a team coming to this competition as a runner up from the previous competition and putting up such an odious performance is worrisome for lack of words to express.... I mean, they could not even make accurate passes throughout, they were utterly non existent in the game...the 6 goals was a huge flatter from Japan.

The bolded intently validated my point on pedaling backward. It was two weeks ago that I read from one of the Nigerian dailies that Nigerian couch has issued a warning of dateline to players required in camp. By that period, countries such as Japan, are in the tournament shape. Nigerians always expect miracle to happen.

1 Like

Re: FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup: Nigeria Vs Japan Sun.13 Nov 2016 by Jascon4: 9:12pm On Nov 13, 2016
Duru1:

The bolded intently validated my point on pedaling backward. It was two weeks ago that I read from one of the Nigerian dailies that Nigerian couch has issued a warning of dateline to players required in camp. By that period, countries such as Japan, are in the tournament shape. Nigerians always expect miracle to happen.

Lack of preparation does not even excuse the woeful display we witnessed today. Even completely unprepared, they should have put forth an actual performance that reflects the depth of the competition and their status.

Did you even watch that match from beginning to end? Are you saying those players do not belong to a club or have never played football? They were absolutely non existent, it was as if Japan was playing a group of random people that just had their feet on a football for the very first time. To say it was a disgrace is an understatement.

1 Like

Re: FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup: Nigeria Vs Japan Sun.13 Nov 2016 by kilo4sure: 9:34pm On Nov 13, 2016
Jascon4:

Lack of preparation does not even excuse the woeful display we witnessed today. Even completely unprepared, they should have put forth an actual performance that reflects the depth of the competition and their status.

Did you even watch that match from beginning to end? Are you saying those players do not belong to a club or have never played football? They were absolutely non existent, it was as if Japan was playing a group of random people that just had their feet on a football for the very first time. To say it was a disgrace is an understatement.
Exactly my point, this is not only a matter of preparation. You can't give what you don't have.
Re: FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup: Nigeria Vs Japan Sun.13 Nov 2016 by Duru1(m): 9:53pm On Nov 13, 2016
Jascon4:

I watched the match to the final whistle. It does not matter one is Michael Jordan of basket, if one does not train properly, a thrashing is in stock for the person. One wonders why the professional teams in any league insist on strict training regiment. In most cases, players are not allowed to play when they were unable to train. Nothing can replace preparation in athletic competition. Lack of readiness for the tournament showed glaringly on the display of the kids. Nigerians have the tendency to expect goodies from the wrong places.
Re: FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup: Nigeria Vs Japan Sun.13 Nov 2016 by kilo4sure: 10:22pm On Nov 13, 2016
Duru1:

I watched the match to the final whistle. It does not matter one is Michael Jordan of basket, if one does not train properly, a thrashing is in stock for the person. One wonders why the professional teams in any league insist on strict training regiment. In most cases, players are not allowed to play when they were unable to train. Nothing can replace preparation in athletic competition. Lack of readiness for the tournament showed glaringly on the display of the kids. Nigerians have the tendency to expect goodies from the wrong places.
Did the oshoala's train better before they could come up with that performance? I remember reading how poor their preparation was prior to the tournament as well. I agree with you that the team would have done better with good preparation, just that the problem also lies beyond just lack of good preparation.

1 Like

Re: FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup: Nigeria Vs Japan Sun.13 Nov 2016 by Jascon4: 11:33pm On Nov 13, 2016
Duru1:

You don't get the point, do you? Let me put it in simple terms: even if Nigeria did not prepare at all, with a good team they would have put forth a good show, at least put up a little fight, even without winning. What we saw today is similar to a situation where a secondary school football team in Nigeria is pitched against Barcelona as an opponent. What Barcelona would do to that team is exactly what Japan played us today. They were so disoriented that they couldn't even make 3 successful passes at a time.

Nigeria was overwhelmingly outclassed, outpaced, outshone and then reduced to nothing. Lack of preparation does not even come in here, such a disgusting display is inexcusable. Cogitesne?

1 Like

Re: FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup: Nigeria Vs Japan Sun.13 Nov 2016 by Jascon4: 11:39pm On Nov 13, 2016
kilo4sure:

Exactly my point, this is not only a matter of preparation. You can't give what you don't have.

You have spoken well. That fellow refuses to see the point we are trying to make. How many Nigerian teams have had a good preparation for any event? Lack of preparation does not excuse the sort of display we saw today.

1 Like

Re: FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup: Nigeria Vs Japan Sun.13 Nov 2016 by Duru1(m): 2:20am On Nov 15, 2016
Jascon4:

You don't get the point, do you? Let me put it in simple terms: even if Nigeria did not prepare at all, with a good team they would have put forth a good show, at least put up a little fight, even without winning. What we saw today is similar to a situation where a secondary school football team in Nigeria is pitched against Barcelona as an opponent. What Barcelona would do to that team is exactly what Japan played us today. They were so disoriented that they couldn't even make 3 successful passes at a time.

Nigeria was overwhelmingly outclassed, outpaced, outshone and then reduced to nothing. Lack of preparation does not even come in here, such a disgusting display is inexcusable. Cogitesne?

Nigerians have ways with logic. How do you produce a good team? I guess good teams grow on a tree in Nigeria.
Re: FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup: Nigeria Vs Japan Sun.13 Nov 2016 by Duru1(m): 2:23am On Nov 15, 2016
kilo4sure:

Did the oshoala's train better before they could come up with that performance? I remember reading how poor their preparation was prior to the tournament as well. I agree with you that the team would have done better with good preparation, just that the problem also lies beyond just lack of good preparation.

This is another source of problem in Nigeria thus the act of self glorification. Oshoala or whatever you call her was never a one-girl team.
Re: FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup: Nigeria Vs Japan Sun.13 Nov 2016 by kilo4sure: 2:29am On Nov 15, 2016
Duru1:

This is another source of problem in Nigeria thus the act of self glorification. Oshoala or whatever you call her was never a one-girl team.
I said the oshoala's not oshoala.She was good individually and her efforts were complemented by other above average players around her such as ugo njoku, igbinovia, Courtney Dike, uchechi Sunday and even ihezuo. My point is that this set of 2014 had quality even with little preparation, this could even be seen right from the qualifiers where they scored 31 goals and conceded none. Even the 2012 set were not that great tactically but had some of the best individual players from midfield to attack in oparanozie, ordega, okobi, etc.
Re: FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup: Nigeria Vs Japan Sun.13 Nov 2016 by Jascon4: 9:35am On Nov 15, 2016
Duru1:

Nigerians have ways with logic. How do you produce a good team? I guess good teams grow on a tree in Nigeria.

You may choose to go on with your sarcasm. However, I have asked you pertinent questions in my preceeding post which you couldn't answer. I ask again; do these players not belong to a club? Have they not been playing football before now? Did the Manager not have the mandate to select the best players from the numerous football clubs across the country and beyond?

Apparently, these are professional footballers. Shockingly,They played like they have never kicked football before. There are a thousand and one players in Nigeria who would have put forth a good show.

Suffice to say that in the face of such unspeakable display of shame, the Coach failed to put together a good team, therefore, it may be logical to conclude that the current crop of players representing Nigeria are utterly ineffectual.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Can Make Things Difficult For Nigeria - Ethiopian Coach Warns / John Fashanu Celebrates His 55th Birthday / Jurgen Klopp Extends Contract With Liverpool Until 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.