Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,250 members, 7,815,377 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

I Want To Be A Lecturer But Have Only HND, Advise Me - Career (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Want To Be A Lecturer But Have Only HND, Advise Me (60564 Views)

Yakubu Nataala Is Dead! Kogi Polytechnic Lecturer Slumps, Dies Over Non-Payment / Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do / Kindly Advise Me On The Behaviour Of My Managing Director (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Be A Lecturer But Have Only HND, Advise Me by ade2008(m): 3:24pm On Jan 11, 2021
what of B. Sc(second class Hons ) +PGD(upper credit) , can he lecture in private University as an instructor?

Yes of course. Once you've your Bsc, you can. Just add Msc and later proceed for PhD.
Re: I Want To Be A Lecturer But Have Only HND, Advise Me by Nobody: 5:45pm On May 24, 2021
Hello everyone. Please can someone with a Bachelor of Arts degree (2:1) from a private university in GH ( affiliated to a government uni) with an MSC in a university in Nigeria be accepted for a lecturing job in Nigeria?
Re: I Want To Be A Lecturer But Have Only HND, Advise Me by abulude: 11:25pm On Jul 05, 2021
fineyemi:
u better don't try it

What is wrong with NOUN's BSc?
Re: I Want To Be A Lecturer But Have Only HND, Advise Me by Nobody: 3:09pm On Sep 05, 2021
ade2008:

I'm in the system, working in a polytechnic, state owned. This is not hearsay, assumption, direct experience. With HND you can only be employed as a technologist or instructor(high cgpa). Note lecturer cadre is different from instructor cadre. I repeat, in Nigeria, no university will employ him as a lecturer even with HND+PGD+MSC, only polytechnic can. Many lecturers in the polytechnic with HND+PGD+MSC are now going back for degree so that can they have the opportunity to work in the university. Gone are the days HND are employed as instructor in the university and rise to be a professor. OP, my advice for you, if you really want to work in academics settings get the degree, and then your master. Dont go through the PGD+MSC path especially if you wish to work later as a reaseacher(lecturer) in the university. You will surely need the degree. This information is from a reliable source, i'm one of the victim of this abnormal system in this country. Be wise in your decision, dont waste your money and time. We are in the same age bracket, age is not a barrier to achieve your dream but take wise decision now. If you've academic Godfather you can neglect this advice. Goodluck
Please is the employment as instructors in a polytechnic permanent or temporary?
Re: I Want To Be A Lecturer But Have Only HND, Advise Me by bitbillionaire: 8:57am On Sep 20, 2021
Why not establish a school?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Meet Malam Abba Gandu From Kano, Who Has Been Feeding Lions For The Pass 50yrs / Sleep With Me Or I Fire You - My Female Boss. / Did I Make A Mistake Studying Law?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.