Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

5 Things Oshiomhole Did Before Handing Over To Obaseki - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Things Oshiomhole Did Before Handing Over To Obaseki (38104 Views)

Kindness Okpe, 22-Year-Old SSA To Obaseki, The Edo State Governor (Photos) / Oshiomhole Drives Iara To Obaseki's Inauguration Ceremony / I Withdraw My Congratulatory Message To Obaseki And Reject Edo APC Primary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Things Oshiomhole Did Before Handing Over To Obaseki by buffalowings: 9:20pm On Nov 12, 2016
ransomed:
::-- Highlight the legacies of thief(according to court judgment) lucky Nosakhare Igbinedion first, then you will see the monumental achievement of ex-Comrade governor. Oba gha tokpe e e...

I'm not here for ewar stop shifting arguments

I'm genuinely ignorant of what is going on in benin
That was why I asked
Re: 5 Things Oshiomhole Did Before Handing Over To Obaseki by goshen26: 9:27pm On Nov 12, 2016
Ok
Re: 5 Things Oshiomhole Did Before Handing Over To Obaseki by basadenet: 9:35pm On Nov 12, 2016
That is not enough to save obaseki from election tribunal hammer. A building on faulty foundation cannot stand.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Oshiomhole Did Before Handing Over To Obaseki by ifyan(m): 9:36pm On Nov 12, 2016
Topmaike007:
Pls what is the difference between death sentence and life imprisonment?

Na grammer sir
Re: 5 Things Oshiomhole Did Before Handing Over To Obaseki by checkolatunji: 9:42pm On Nov 12, 2016
michael142:

JESU! Source is life? Clap for English

grin grin grin
Re: 5 Things Oshiomhole Did Before Handing Over To Obaseki by ransomed: 9:42pm On Nov 12, 2016
buffalowings:

I'm not here for ewar stop shifting arguments

I'm genuinely ignorant of what is going on in benin
That was why I asked
::-- Okay, he did a thorough rehab works on all decayed govt primary schools in the state. He constructed roads in all the LGAs in the state. He increased the IGR by encouraging people to pay tax and took govt land back from Esama of the universe. He increased workers minimum wage from 18k to 25k per month. He did women empowerment. He worked with police to provide security i. e, reduced arm robbery cases, kidnapping and many laudable and enduring projects that are verifiable. Some hated his govt for not allowing them to steal govt properties e. g land and illegal logging from govt reserves.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Things Oshiomhole Did Before Handing Over To Obaseki by AreaFada2: 9:45pm On Nov 12, 2016
Topmaike007:

Well, technically, a life imprisonment inmate might be pardoned and released one day. Or even discharged & acquitted assuming new facts about the crime comes to light. Like another person confessing to the crime. A matter of luck.

Although commuting death sentences to life is just a mere formality now since execution is rarely carried out since 1999. I think Oshiomhole was one of the few governors to have actually signed any death warrant in the past few years.
Re: 5 Things Oshiomhole Did Before Handing Over To Obaseki by bikefab(m): 9:56pm On Nov 12, 2016
C'mon after how many years? When r we gonna stop celebrating mediocrity?
Re: 5 Things Oshiomhole Did Before Handing Over To Obaseki by MrHenshaw: 9:57pm On Nov 12, 2016
Topmaike007:

"OXYGEN"
Re: 5 Things Oshiomhole Did Before Handing Over To Obaseki by Fantastic2m(m): 10:09pm On Nov 12, 2016

Ibidapson:
Now ex Governor, source is life. 8yrs gone

[size=16pt]
Interesting.. Don't touch this source biko
[/size]
Re: 5 Things Oshiomhole Did Before Handing Over To Obaseki by kbbanj10(m): 10:22pm On Nov 12, 2016
michael142:

na Ibadan man nau

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Oshiomhole Did Before Handing Over To Obaseki by billyG(m): 10:49pm On Nov 12, 2016
Farewell d best performing Guvnor of edo state,u came u saw u conquer d godfathers of edo politics. grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things Oshiomhole Did Before Handing Over To Obaseki by Nobody: 11:00pm On Nov 12, 2016
Topmaike007:

(1) The spelling
(2) The difference between the time of sentence in court room and time of death. Life sentence takes much longer.

You're welcome.
Re: 5 Things Oshiomhole Did Before Handing Over To Obaseki by Nobody: 11:08pm On Nov 12, 2016
henryharry82:
The comrade no do anything
u dy lie sha
Re: 5 Things Oshiomhole Did Before Handing Over To Obaseki by Nobody: 11:09pm On Nov 12, 2016
henryharry82:
The comrade no do anything
Re: 5 Things Oshiomhole Did Before Handing Over To Obaseki by shomutuski(m): 11:18pm On Nov 12, 2016
Topmaike007:

See you! Difference they die ooo.. With life imprisonment, a new sitting governor can release him on good behavior or turn his life sentence to a jail term but if he's on death parole.. Nothing they save am.

As long as they live, there's hope.
Re: 5 Things Oshiomhole Did Before Handing Over To Obaseki by Jesusloveyou: 11:22pm On Nov 12, 2016
freemanbubble:

life imprisonment is better that death sentence because whoever is sentence to life imprisonment can be released on parole by government. For example buhari can order the release of anybody on parole even if the person was jailed by the previous administration. It is all about luck. My cousin was freed like this and now he is in south africa. So life imprisonment is better because when there is life there is hope. Oshiomhole tried but that is his responsibilty as the governor. We don't have to praise him too much for doing his duty. But we edolites didn't vote for obaseki. We voted for pastor ize iyamu but inec connived with oshio theif to change the result.
Any way all hail our king. The most feared and powerful ruler in west africa. We only have two kingdom in the world. The united kingdom and the Benin kingdom. Benin city is the only city boldly spelt on nigeria map. If you doubt then ask the portugeese or the british Oba gha to okpere! Ise.
it is only mad people that can vote for a fake pastor, and we edolite are not stupid to have vote for criminal pastor

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things Oshiomhole Did Before Handing Over To Obaseki by wellmax(m): 11:26pm On Nov 12, 2016
Topmaike007:
if there's no difference, we can then give you both
Re: 5 Things Oshiomhole Did Before Handing Over To Obaseki by Vatsyayana: 12:09am On Nov 13, 2016
You didn't add that he dethroned a king in Uromi?
Re: 5 Things Oshiomhole Did Before Handing Over To Obaseki by agbangam: 5:12am On Nov 13, 2016
Ibidapson:
Now ex Governor, source is life. 8yrs gone

English don die ooo cheesy
Re: 5 Things Oshiomhole Did Before Handing Over To Obaseki by alen4smith(m): 5:27am On Nov 13, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
He emptied what is left in the treasury.
you still dey cry since september?
Re: 5 Things Oshiomhole Did Before Handing Over To Obaseki by july66: 5:43am On Nov 13, 2016
Re: 5 Things Oshiomhole Did Before Handing Over To Obaseki by Harfisco(m): 7:24am On Nov 13, 2016
Igbana nko
Re: 5 Things Oshiomhole Did Before Handing Over To Obaseki by Dfinex(f): 10:31am On Nov 13, 2016
michael142:

lolss...abeg free the guy. ......he spelled it the way he pronounced it.
Re: 5 Things Oshiomhole Did Before Handing Over To Obaseki by Iamdmentor1(m): 12:33pm On Nov 13, 2016
Now he is gone after leaving Edo in N800billion debt
Re: 5 Things Oshiomhole Did Before Handing Over To Obaseki by ambgiano(m): 5:47pm On Nov 13, 2016
yeah. number four is so true cos the 'classroom' teacher in question doubles as a deaconess and the Sunday School Supervisor in my church, CAC, Deliverance Center. When you talk about faithfulness to God's work, you speak of this woman. We actually call her the 'number one deaconess' in church. Oshiomhole did not appoint her a PS, God rewarded her faithfulness.
Re: 5 Things Oshiomhole Did Before Handing Over To Obaseki by FOLLEY20(m): 8:15pm On Nov 13, 2016
Whatever d case may be, Nigeria politicians are d same everywhere.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Appeal Court Nullifies Dayo Adeyeye’s Election - Abiodun Olujimi Declared Winner / Oyakhilome Told Me I will Go To Prison And Come Out After 6 Months – Orji Kalu / 2023: Atiku’s Rejection Of Wike Tears PDP Apart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.