Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,066 members, 7,810,981 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:58 PM

I’m A Muslim, A Woman And An Immigrant. I Voted For Trump. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / I’m A Muslim, A Woman And An Immigrant. I Voted For Trump. (5237 Views)

Interpol Rejects Iran’s Request For Trump Arrest / UN Jerusalem resolution: How each country voted / Nigerians "Voting" For Trump And Clinton In Port-Harcourt (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m A Muslim, A Woman And An Immigrant. I Voted For Trump. by Orikinla(m): 7:08pm On Nov 12, 2016

1 Like

Re: I’m A Muslim, A Woman And An Immigrant. I Voted For Trump. by Seun(m): 7:59pm On Nov 12, 2016
They were not allowed to speak their minds in public, so they spoke with their votes.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m A Muslim, A Woman And An Immigrant. I Voted For Trump. by Badgers14: 8:01pm On Nov 12, 2016
Not a Trump supporter..... His campaigns was filled with hate.. To think that out of everyone in this country, Trump is the president, it is just a ridicule... A shame

1 Like

Re: I’m A Muslim, A Woman And An Immigrant. I Voted For Trump. by Seun(m): 8:06pm On Nov 12, 2016
Yes, he will be a terrible president, for America and the world.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m A Muslim, A Woman And An Immigrant. I Voted For Trump. by Badgers14: 8:20pm On Nov 12, 2016
Seun:
They were not allowed to speak their minds in public, so they spoke with their votes.

Do you know that Trump did not win popular vote? He won "Electoral votes". In other words, his victory does not actually represent the will of the people. As of Thursday morning, Clinton was up by more than 500k popular votes.
Re: I’m A Muslim, A Woman And An Immigrant. I Voted For Trump. by Flexherbal(m): 8:29pm On Nov 12, 2016
Badgers14:

Do you know that Trump did not win popular vote? He won "Electoral votes". In other words, his victory does not actually represent the will of the people. As of Thursday morning, Clinton was up by more than 500k popular votes.
Win na win ooo

2 Likes

Re: I’m A Muslim, A Woman And An Immigrant. I Voted For Trump. by Nobody: 11:19pm On Nov 12, 2016
Flexherbal:

Win na win ooo
Help me tell am grin
Re: I’m A Muslim, A Woman And An Immigrant. I Voted For Trump. by mustymatic(m): 11:38pm On Nov 12, 2016
I'm happy for Americans grin

1 Like

Re: I’m A Muslim, A Woman And An Immigrant. I Voted For Trump. by ATERI(m): 11:40pm On Nov 12, 2016
Orikinla:
I’m a Muslim, a woman and an immigrant. I voted for Trump.
Watch video on
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/global-opinions/wp/2016/11/10/im-a-muslim-a-woman-and-an-immigrant-i-voted-for-trump/?tid=pm_opinions_pop

Hitler was voted into power by somebody, so enjoy your suicide vote!

2 Likes

Re: I’m A Muslim, A Woman And An Immigrant. I Voted For Trump. by 21Savagw: 5:33am On Nov 13, 2016
Seun:
Yes, he will be a terrible president, for America and the world.

Go take a shower, ignorAnt boy.

Trump will go down as one of the best presidents this century...We Americans are hopeful for the future and are firmly behind him.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m A Muslim, A Woman And An Immigrant. I Voted For Trump. by Orikinla(m): 6:46am On Nov 13, 2016
Badgers14:

Stop reasoning like a kid.
Trump won more states than Clinton.
Some of the states she won have more populations.

3 Likes

Re: I’m A Muslim, A Woman And An Immigrant. I Voted For Trump. by bigtt76(f): 7:30am On Nov 13, 2016
Badgers14:

1 Like

Re: I’m A Muslim, A Woman And An Immigrant. I Voted For Trump. by Badgers14: 7:32am On Nov 13, 2016
Orikinla:

Stop reasoning like a kid.
Trump won more states than Clinton.
Some of the states she won have more populations.

Read before typing rubbish.. I wrote Clinton won more "popular vote" than Trump. And you are saying Trump won more states than Clinton. These are different argument.

In case you don't understand, "popular votes" are individuals personal choice of the candidates in an Election. My previous post is just saying that more Americans wanted Clinton to be president than Trump.

Try to comprehend sth b4 flaunting your single figure IQ angry angry

2 Likes

Re: I’m A Muslim, A Woman And An Immigrant. I Voted For Trump. by bigtt76(f): 7:46am On Nov 13, 2016
The US have an electoral process which aims at protecting it from what happened in the last presidential election in Nigeria where Kano and Rivers state contributed the most votes for both candidates.

Do you know that the most votes scored by Clinton could have come from just one state? Compared to Trump actually winning in more states? Though in Nigeria 2/3 of total votes cast nationwide is required to win, in US the more states you win the more electoral votes you get.

Badgers14:

Read before typing rubbish.. I wrote Clinton won more "popular vote" than Trump. And you are saying Trump won more states than Clinton. These are different argument.

In case you don't understand, "popular votes" are individuals personal choice of the candidates in an Election. My previous post is just saying that more Americans wanted Clinton to be president than Trump.

Try to comprehend sth b4 flaunting your single figure IQ angry angry

1 Like

Re: I’m A Muslim, A Woman And An Immigrant. I Voted For Trump. by Badgers14: 7:57am On Nov 13, 2016
bigtt76:
The US have an electoral process which aims at protecting it from what happened in the last presidential election in Nigeria where Kano and Rivers state contributed the most votes for both candidates.

Do you know that the most votes scored by Clinton could have come from just one state? Compared to Trump actually winning in more states? Though in Nigeria 2/3 of total votes cast nationwide is required to win, in US the more states you win the more electoral votes you get.

My dear, you compared apples with Oranges here. US president election is not by any means close to the Nigerian presidental election in 2015.

The reasoning behind the "electoral colleges" is slavery.

Back when slavery was the order of the day in the US. Slaves where disenfranchised. They could not vote but a big BUT, their owners and the political system wants to use them to win elections, basically silencing them. They are counted on the census that they use to allocate the electoral college but they don't vote, they don't want them to make their choices. They wanted to appoint people "electoral college" to make their choice for them.

If there were no electoral colleges, the south would rarely smell the white house. And to think of it, the south - home of slavery have produced the highest number of U.S. presidents than any other region.

*** also don't forget that women weren't allowed to vote at the time.. But they were counted in census and they use census to allot electoral colleges to states.. So basically that's a system of silencing groups of people to there advantage****

2 Likes

Re: I’m A Muslim, A Woman And An Immigrant. I Voted For Trump. by NairaMinted: 8:44am On Nov 13, 2016
Badgers14:

My dear, you compared apples with Oranges here. US president election is not by any means close to the Nigerian presidental election in 2015.

Back when slavery was the order of the day in the US. Slaves where disenfranchised. They could not vote but a big BUT, their owners and the political system wants to use them to win elections, basically silencing them. They are counted on the census that they use to allocate the electoral college but they don't vote, they don't want them to make their choices. They wanted to appoint people "electoral college" to make their choice for them.

If there were no electoral colleges, the south would rarely smell the white house. And to think of it, the south - home of slavery have produced the highest number of U.S. presidents than any other region.

*** also don't forget that women weren't allowed to vote at the time.. But they were counted in census and they use census to allot electoral colleges to states.. So basically that's a system of silencing groups of people to there advantage****

You do not understand what you speak. Trump won fair and square. The winner US presidential elections is determined by the electoral college. It's all that matters.

The very purpose of the electoral college is to prevent tyranny of the masses (or a particular tribe or ethnicity) hence the electoral college.

And yes this check and balance system of the electoral college is indeed synonymous with the requirement of winning 2/3 of states in a Nigerian presidential election that bigtt76 mentioned.

Watch this and educate yourself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6s7jB6-GoU
Re: I’m A Muslim, A Woman And An Immigrant. I Voted For Trump. by Badgers14: 9:06am On Nov 13, 2016
NairaMinted:

You do not understand what you speak. Trump won fair and square. The winner US presidential elections is determined by the electoral college. It's all that matters.

The very purpose of the electoral college is to prevent tyranny of the masses (or a particular tribe or ethnicity) hence the electoral college.

And yes this check and balance system of the electoral college is indeed synonymous with the requirement of winning 2/3 of states in a Nigerian presidential election that bigtt76 mentioned.

Watch this and educate yourself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6s7jB6-GoU

What are you blabbing about angry angry.. Who's arguing with you that the winner of the presidential election is not determined by electoral college
You made it sound like you just heard about it and you are excited about that.
Re: I’m A Muslim, A Woman And An Immigrant. I Voted For Trump. by Lucasbalo(m): 9:21am On Nov 13, 2016
21Savagw:

Go take a shower, ignorAnt boy.

Trump will go down as one of the best presidents this century...We Americans are hopeful for the future and are firmly behind him.
Speak for yourself. Here is one American that doesn't vote for him. Remember that he doesn't have a mandate. The popular votes went for Hillary though Trump wins the election through the electoral votes. I wish him luck because he will need it. Remember that more Americans voted for Hillary.
Re: I’m A Muslim, A Woman And An Immigrant. I Voted For Trump. by Lucasbalo(m): 9:28am On Nov 13, 2016
Badgers14:

Trump won but he didn't have a mandate. That's why he is pulling back from some of his divisive statements. We shall see how things go. One thing i knoe is that after a grace period of a year, if he doesn't perform, Americans will unleash on him. I am one of his harshest critics but I still want him to succeed because if he's successful that means America is successful.

2 Likes

Re: I’m A Muslim, A Woman And An Immigrant. I Voted For Trump. by Lucasbalo(m): 9:29am On Nov 13, 2016
Orikinla:
I’m a Muslim, a woman and an immigrant. I voted for Trump.
Watch video on
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/global-opinions/wp/2016/11/10/im-a-muslim-a-woman-and-an-immigrant-i-voted-for-trump/?tid=pm_opinions_pop
I was born an American, Pentecostal christian and I voted for Hillary. So what's new ?.

1 Like

Re: I’m A Muslim, A Woman And An Immigrant. I Voted For Trump. by ifyan(m): 10:01am On Nov 13, 2016
A lot of round the world because of one man.

Beleive many Nigerians are against this man but if you are an American citizen you will understand him better trust me
Re: I’m A Muslim, A Woman And An Immigrant. I Voted For Trump. by Badgers14: 10:05am On Nov 13, 2016
Lucasbalo:
Trump won but he didn't have a mandate. That's why he is pulling back from some of his divisive statements. We shall see how things go. One thing i knoe is that after a grace period of a year, if he doesn't perform, Americans will unleash on him. I am one of his harshest critics but I still want him to succeed because if he's successful that means America is successful.

Yes sir.. You are the only person that mentioned me with something reasonable to say...

Bar man, give this my guy small stout abi Gulder is your brand.. grin

Yeah.. I am right there with you, Trump is just an embarrassment. My issue with him is his hate filled campaign. From the moment he declared his candidacy till date.. He have flip flopped on his manifestos.. To me that's worrisome.

He have some unattainable goals and some hypocrite ones. He doesn't believe Global warming as mentioned during his campaign, but he is citing global warming as reason the Republic of Ireland should let him build fence around his golf course in Ireland.. Can you imagine To me he seems to be having fun with the whole U.S politics scenrios and doesn't give a damn..

2 Likes

Re: I’m A Muslim, A Woman And An Immigrant. I Voted For Trump. by Lucasbalo(m): 10:08am On Nov 13, 2016
Badgers14:

Yes sir.. You are the only person that mentioned me with something reasonable to say...

Bar man, give this my guy small stout abi Gulder is your brand.. grin

Yeah.. I am right there with you, Trump is just an embarrassment. My issue with him is his hate filled campaign. From the moment he declared his candidacy till date.. He have flip flopped on his manifestos.. To me that's worrisome.

He have some unattainable goals and some hypocrite ones. He doesn't believe Global warming as mentioned during his campaign, but he is citing global warming as reason the Republic of Ireland should let him build fence around his golf course in Ireland.. Can you imagine To me he seems to be having fun with the whole U.S politics scenrios and doesn't give a damn..

Gbam.

1 Like

Re: I’m A Muslim, A Woman And An Immigrant. I Voted For Trump. by Seun(m): 11:28am On Nov 13, 2016
Under Trump, there will be lots of racial riots. This has already started even before his swearing in. The people around him and foreign leaders like Putin will manipulate him easily by taking advantage of his monstrous ego. The military industrial complex will easily shame him into sacrificing American soldiers in Iraq, Syria, and maybe even Iran despite his isolationist tendencies. Attempts to implement any of his stupid campaign promises will infuriate minorities and liberals, but going back on his promises will infuriate his supporters.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m A Muslim, A Woman And An Immigrant. I Voted For Trump. by missjo(f): 11:49am On Nov 13, 2016
Badgers14:

Where are you people coming up with this stuff?
Slavery is the reason behind having the Electoral College system, really? undecided

Was the system of Electoral Colleges started in the US?
Re: I’m A Muslim, A Woman And An Immigrant. I Voted For Trump. by missjo(f): 11:53am On Nov 13, 2016
Seun:
Under Trump, there will be lots of racial riots. This has already started even before his swearing in. The people around him and foreign leaders like Putin will manipulate him easily by taking advantage of his monstrous ego. The military industrial complex will easily shame him into sacrificing American soldiers in Iraq, Syria, and maybe even Iran despite his isolationist tendencies. Attempts to implement any of his stupid campaign promises will infuriate minorities, but going back on his promises will infuriate his supporters. Trump will be like Lyndon Johnson.
You don't know a lot about Trump do you? Read up on his biography and the way he has run his business to become a billionaire.

One thing people can't do is manipulate him, it may seem like someone baited him into reacting but be rest assured the man usually has something else up his sleeves.
It's that same ego that makes him hard to manipulate.

1 Like

Re: I’m A Muslim, A Woman And An Immigrant. I Voted For Trump. by Badgers14: 11:59am On Nov 13, 2016
missjo:

Where are you people coming up with this stuff?
Slavery is the reason behind having the Electoral College system, really? undecided

Was the system of Electoral Colleges started in the US?

Where electoral colleges was started is irrelevant to argument.

As for what i wrote, google it. You will find more than a million result in google but you just have to chose what to believe.

Did you recall when George Bush said Saddam Hussein had weapon of mass destruction as a reason to go to war in IRAQ? Later that theory was debunked. The real reason they said was that the Bushes had personal problem with Hussein.

So many people thought Iraq war was to fight terrorism because of 9/11. But it is not a secret that the terrorist were Saudi connected and Osama is a Saudi national. Ok, more than a decade after the war in iraq, where is the weapon of mass destruction

I am nt trying to go off topic here my dear but just trying to draw another example that is similar to the scenario. Politicians say sth that is not true to justify their true evil intentions.

Watch this show, " House of cards" you know U.S politics is a dirty as Nigeria's.
Re: I’m A Muslim, A Woman And An Immigrant. I Voted For Trump. by Badgers14: 12:01pm On Nov 13, 2016
missjo:

You don't know a lot about Trump do you? Read up on his biography and the way he has run his business to become a billionaire.

One thing people can't do is manipulate him, it may seem like someone baited him into reacting but be rest assured the man usually has something else up his sleeves.
It's that same ego that makes him hard to manipulate.

How many times did he file for bankruptcy

1 Like

Re: I’m A Muslim, A Woman And An Immigrant. I Voted For Trump. by missjo(f): 12:10pm On Nov 13, 2016
Badgers14:

Where electoral colleges was started is irrelevant to argument.

As for what i wrote, google it. You will find more than a million result in google but you just have to chose what to believe.
Actually, the beginning/history of Electoral Colleges is the only thing that is relevant to your argument.

And yea I know you read it from Google, mostly opinions from people who are calling for it to be scrapped.
There is no historical backing on the records to support the claim that it was invented because of slavery.

1. Electoral College system of voting is not unique to the United States.
2. The first country to make use of the system IS NOT the United States.
3. About 6 or 7 other countries including the kingdom of Prussia (present Germany, which has the earliest account and use of the system), have also made use of it at one time or the other.
4. Apart from the United States, none of these countries (including Prussia) are known to have a significant Slave population.

So how come it's only the US that's using the system because of slavery? undecided

1 Like

Re: I’m A Muslim, A Woman And An Immigrant. I Voted For Trump. by missjo(f): 12:14pm On Nov 13, 2016
Badgers14:

How many times did he file for bankruptcy
LOL, and yet every time he went to the banks and big corporations to get loans or woo financiers, they kept giving him money.
He still remained a billionaire.

I didn't say he is infallible, I was trying to tell Seun that someone who is so easily manipulated does not become a billionaire. He is the one that has been manipulating the system and people,not the other way round.

2 Likes

Re: I’m A Muslim, A Woman And An Immigrant. I Voted For Trump. by missjo(f): 12:23pm On Nov 13, 2016
bigtt76:

Exactly. E.g California.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

More Than 8,000 Libyans Killed In Revolt: Rebel / Were Would Europe Be Without Africa? / Thai Girl ... Half Human, Half Snake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.