Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,657 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

I'm Not Happy When Some Igbo's Are Muslim - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I'm Not Happy When Some Igbo's Are Muslim (681 Views)

Reason Why Some Igbo People Don't Greet Elders In Their Village.. / My Muslim Brothers And Sisters Are Not Happy And I'm So Sad About It / Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Not Happy When Some Igbo's Are Muslim by Nobody: 1:39am On Nov 13, 2016
Hello everyone i am from the south eastern part of nigeria(Igbo) and i am a christian

But here's the thing besides being born into and growing up into a christian home, I have Come to understand that not every pastors or churches are real alryt, but besides that i have a self conceited feeling and sentiment, that Christianity is the only true religion. which, i am sure is the same opinion most muslims have about islam forget the facade of we are all serving the same God. That is a white and blatant lie coupled together , try join in the strictly islamic section here on NL and see the condition.

But here is the bottom line i have seen several hausas that are christians and i tend to be happy you know why? i feel they have found the light and they are the most developed hausas i've met. you can imagine i recently wanted to toast one hausa muslim girl and her christian Aunty told me her hands is already in marriage to one Man, is that not perversness if una c dis gal she be like cake.
But when i see my igbo brethren in the other way round, i get disappointed coz it's normal aiit u igbo u christian, even if i know i am just being selfish, in my mind im like they have jazz this one ni ngbo s'hey ori'e okpe ni' abi odikwa ara chori gbo gi nga hu nor.
I wanna know what are your sentiments on my opinion
do igbo muslims really know what they are doing?
Dats z wat i dont understand wif some yoruba people dem go follow you do easter, do christmas, do eid el filtri follow you do salla, ijebu festival nkor? dem dey dia.
Comments people........
Re: I'm Not Happy When Some Igbo's Are Muslim by Nobody: 1:57am On Nov 13, 2016
you created this post to whip up sentiments because you know igbos are predominantly Christians and Hausas are predominantly Muslims then Yorubas are 50 50 in both ways

so what are you trying to achieve
Re: I'm Not Happy When Some Igbo's Are Muslim by Nobody: 2:37am On Nov 13, 2016
I have not seen an Igbo Muslim before, I grew up in Imo state
It's only on YouTube I see 3 men claiming Muslims and calling Igbos to Islam, since 3yrs ago the man has stopped it
Re: I'm Not Happy When Some Igbo's Are Muslim by Antina(f): 3:12am On Nov 13, 2016
OoniOfIfe:

I have not seen an Igbo Muslim before, I grew up in Imo state
It's only on YouTube I see 3 men claiming Muslims and calling Igbos to Islam, since 3yrs ago the man has stopped it

Then you will need to go outside your state to your neighbouring states. Have you ever heard of Islamic Centre, Anofia? (Afikpo, Ebonyi State) and the last time I checked, Ebonyi still among the Southern Eastern States, you will see so many of your brothers there that are Muslim.

Infact I can count like 3 - 5 Igbo-Muslim that I know in Lagos. So my brother, because you have never seen an Igbo muslim in your state (Abia) doesn't mean they don't exist.
Re: I'm Not Happy When Some Igbo's Are Muslim by Nobody: 4:24am On Nov 13, 2016
for clerification, yorubas are 55% christians and 35% muslims.
carmag:
you created this post to whip up sentiments because you know igbos are predominantly Christians and Hausas are predominantly Muslims then Yorubas are 50 50 in both ways

Re: I'm Not Happy When Some Igbo's Are Muslim by abduljabbar4(m): 5:21am On Nov 13, 2016
Millerz:
for clerification, yorubas are 55% christians and 35% muslims.

The figures will soon change.
Re: I'm Not Happy When Some Igbo's Are Muslim by Olanireti(m): 5:48am On Nov 13, 2016
abduljabbar4:

Lol. This is not funny. Na u wan change am? Oga Abdul, no be mathematics o.
Anyway, you are right. It ll soon change with 55% increasing to 85% cheesy
abduljabbar4:

Anyway, you are right. It ll soon change with 55% increasing to 85%

1 Like

Re: I'm Not Happy When Some Igbo's Are Muslim by annunaki2(m): 6:51am On Nov 13, 2016
Apart from the fact that there are extremely very few igbo muslims, 99% of them converted due to financial inducements from rich northern muslims and you can be rest assured that in good time, they will surely renounce islam.
Re: I'm Not Happy When Some Igbo's Are Muslim by mamaafrik(m): 6:57am On Nov 13, 2016
Olanireti:

Anyway, you are right. It ll soon change with 55% increasing to 85% cheesy
Anyway, you are right. It ll soon change with 55% increasing to 85%
this is true,the yorubas are becoming more xtains and northerners,6 yrs ago nigeria used to be 48% islamic and 46% xtain but now the reverse is the case,xtains only turn islamic true marriage to a muslim man,if all things are equal,in 10years time we may be looking at a 35% muslim and 60% xtain state,if u doubt check ur neighbourhood.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Not Happy When Some Igbo's Are Muslim by Nobody: 3:35pm On Nov 13, 2016
carmag:

I neva really had y'all in my context actually i just did'nt want y'all not to feel unimportant
Re: I'm Not Happy When Some Igbo's Are Muslim by alBHAGDADI: 4:20pm On Nov 13, 2016
abduljabbar4:

By converting them or by beheading them?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Hope That Does Not Disappoint - Joseph Prince / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 31/02/17 / Charm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.