Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

How Do They Constitute American College System? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / How Do They Constitute American College System? (724 Views)

Queen Of England Showed Up At Kings College In Her ₦4.7b Bentley State Limo / Can Hillary Clinton Still Win? Electoral College To Vote In December / Millions Sign Petition Urging Electoral College To Elect Hillary Clinton (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do They Constitute American College System? by MrImole: 9:45am On Nov 13, 2016
How do they select them and how important is the collage system to the US elections?

Does one need to win both the collage and popular votes?

I need a comprehensive answer.

Lalasticlala seun mynd44

Please move this to front page unlike this my last thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/3450130/whats-difference-between-gaining-independence
Re: How Do They Constitute American College System? by estyvino(m): 10:09am On Nov 13, 2016
Which front page?

No go prepare go church!!!!!
Re: How Do They Constitute American College System? by MrImole: 12:38am On Nov 14, 2016
MrImole:
How do they select them and how important is the collage system to the US elections?

Does one need to win both the collage and popular votes?

Lalasticlala seun mynd44

Re: How Do They Constitute American College System? by MrImole: 11:27am On Nov 16, 2016
MrImole:

Does one need to win both the college and popular votes?

Lalasticlala seun mynd44

mynd44 Seun Lalasticlala, I really need answers please.
Re: How Do They Constitute American College System? by Nobody: 11:35pm On Nov 16, 2016
The electoral college is made up of 538 members. Each US state is entitled to a number of electors that is equal to the number of its US House of Reps members and two US Senators. For example, California has 53 Representatives in the House of Reps, and 2 Senators; thus California has 55 Electors. The electors of each state are selected by the respective Democratic/Republican State chapters.
Re: How Do They Constitute American College System? by MrImole: 5:26am On Dec 19, 2016
MrImole:

mynd44 Seun Lalasticlala, I really need answers please.
what is wrong with you guys?
Re: How Do They Constitute American College System? by MrImole: 5:32am On Dec 19, 2016
CFCman:
The electoral college is made up of 538 members. Each US state is entitled to a number of electors that is equal to the number of its US House of Reps members and two US Senators. For example, California has 53 Representatives in the House of Reps, and 2 Senators; thus California has 55 Electors. The electors of each state are selected by the respective Democratic/Republican State chapters.
Do the two parties share the electors or the one in control takes all?
Re: How Do They Constitute American College System? by Nobody: 6:17am On Dec 19, 2016
MrImole:
Do the two parties share the electors or the one in control takes all?
One party controls all the electors in a state in which its presidential candidate won. For instance, all of Pennsylvania's electors would be from the state's Republican Party because Trump carried that state.

In theory, however, each individual elector could vote contrary to the wishes of the electorate of their state. This type of electors are referred to as "faithless electors".

(1) (Reply)

President Trump Hits Iran With More Sanctions, Says Iran Is Playing With Fire / BREAKING NEWS: Las Vegas Shooter Confirmed To Be A Muslim - Works For ISIS - CNN / State Of The Union.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.