Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,146 members, 7,825,582 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? (17288 Views)

The Trinity Doctrine Is a False doctrine and it is Unbiblical. / '9 Diseases Your Pastor Lies To You About' - Aroms Aigbehi / Your Pastor Is Not Your Daddy - Reno Omokri (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by texanomaly(f): 5:50pm On Nov 15, 2016
jonbellion:
lol
They don't

But they DO. I don't get it. People who claim to know the Bible and worship Christ practically at the feet of these Pastors. SMH
Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by oaroloye(m): 9:28pm On Nov 15, 2016
SHALOM!

JackBizzle:
After T.B Joshua failed with his prophecy on the US elections, I have started to wonder how these pastors become revered prophets.

It is too early to say that the Prophecy has failed.

Also, it can be like the CLINTON Presidency, where HILLARY was the one wearing the trousers?

People referred to "PRESIDENT CLINTON, AND HER HUSBAND, BILL...!"

There was also: "ASSISTANT-PRESIDENT BILL CLINTON...!"

Anybody who thinks that that is FUNNY should please Google: "CLINTON CIRCLE OF DEATH," and that smile will be wiped from your face, as if a MASQUERADE slapped you!

It was not funny!

In the bible, there is a prophecy that in the end-times, there would be a lot of deceivers and false prophets.

Yeah- but that was a redundant prophecy.

We've always had those....

I am just wondering how christians know that their pastors are not false?

There are THREE major signs.

1. They teach that "JESUS' is something they call "THE CHRIST."

2. The Church is led by an APOSTLE, PROPHET, EVANGELIST, PASTOR, OR TEACHER.

3. They do not teach YOU how to become a Prophet.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by JackBizzle: 9:50pm On Nov 15, 2016
oaroloye:
SHALOM!

It is too early to say that the Prophecy has failed.

Also, it can be like the CLINTON Presidency, where HILLARY was the one wearing the trousers?

People referred to "PRESIDENT CLINTON, AND HER HUSBAND, BILL...!"

There was also: "ASSISTANT-PRESIDENT BILL CLINTON...!"

Anybody who thinks that that is FUNNY should please Google: "CLINTON CIRCLE OF DEATH," and that smile will be wiped from your face, as if a MASQUERADE slapped you!

It was not funny!

Yeah- but that was a redundant prophecy.

We've always had those....

There are THREE major signs.

1. They teach that "JESUS' is something they call "THE CHRIST."

2. The Church is led by an APOSTLE, PROPHET, EVANGELIST, PASTOR, OR TEACHER.

3. They do not teach YOU how to become a Prophet.

lol....My guy....TB Joshua's prophecy fell flat like a lepa's yansh!

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by jayriginal: 8:14am On Nov 24, 2016
Results are still coming in. Clinton seems to have actually won the popular vote. Any one can run a check on it.
Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by JackBizzle: 11:23am On Nov 24, 2016
jayriginal:
Results are still coming in. Clinton seems to have actually won the popular vote. Any one can run a check on it.

Red herring....strawman....whataboutery.....

TB Joshua said that he saw a woman president.....he didnt say anything about popular votes. He saw a female president.

Or you dey go im church before?

6 Likes

Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by jonbellion(m): 11:41am On Nov 24, 2016
JackBizzle:

TB Joshua said that he saw a woman president.....he didnt say anything about popular votes. He saw a female president.

I'm just tired
They will bring the most irrelevant excuses
TB Joshua clearly said Hilary would win popular vote or not. He said Hilary would win
And he failed
Anything a christian in his church does to justify him is as a result of cognitive dissonance
Two conflicting beliefs. TB Joshua prophesied a female win. This was thier belief
Now that it failed they are doing everything in their power to rationalise the belief so he wont come out as a false belief.
This prophecy clearly opened the motherfuckers asshole to the whole world and there are still people justifying him
These people are tiring

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by JackBizzle: 11:51am On Nov 24, 2016
jonbellion:
I'm just tired
TB Joshua clearly said Hilary would win popular vote or not. He said Hilary would win
And he failed
Anything a christian in his church does to justify him is as a result of cognitive dissonance
Two conflicting beliefs. TB Joshua prophesied a female win. This was thier belief
Now that it failed they are doing everything in their power to rationalise the belief so he wont come out as a false belief.
This prophecy clearly opened the motherfuckers asshole to the whole world and there are still people justifying him
These people are tiring

Let me blow your mind; the guy I responded to is an atheist.
Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by jayriginal: 8:17am On Nov 25, 2016
JackBizzle:

Yes, I started attending the church the day you invited me.

Remember?
Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by jayriginal: 8:25am On Nov 25, 2016
jonbellion:
I'm just tired
And he failed
These people are tiring

In your haste to attack everything, you should try and eschew assumptions. Nowhere have I attempted to defend T.B. Joshua. I simply made a statement about the popular vote, something that was also mentioned in this thread.
Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by jonbellion(m): 8:32am On Nov 25, 2016
jayriginal:

In your haste to attack everything, you should try and eschew assumptions. Nowhere have I attempted to defend T.B. Joshua. I simply made a statement about the popular vote, something that was also mentioned in this thread.

ooh I'm so sorry smiley
Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by jayriginal: 8:36am On Nov 25, 2016
jonbellion:
ooh I'm so sorry smiley

No wahala bro
Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by JackBizzle: 11:05am On Nov 25, 2016
jayriginal:

Yes, I started attending the church the day you invited me.

Remember?

undecided

Was that meant to be funny?
Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by jayriginal: 11:08am On Nov 25, 2016
JackBizzle:

undecided

Was that meant to be funny?

Every bit as funny as your question.
Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by JackBizzle: 12:08pm On Nov 25, 2016
jayriginal:

Every bit as funny as your question.

grin DRY!

Try again.
Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by jayriginal: 12:26pm On Nov 25, 2016
tongue
JackBizzle:

grin DRY!

Try again.
Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by JackBizzle: 12:49pm On Nov 25, 2016
jayriginal:

grin

It seemed like a defense of TB Joshua noww.

How did you think your comment looked like to others?

1 Like

Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by jayriginal: 1:52pm On Nov 25, 2016
JackBizzle:

grin

It seemed like a defense of TB Joshua noww.

How did you think your comment looked like to others?

You of all people should know that I consider T.B. Joshua a charlatan.
Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by JackBizzle: 3:10pm On Nov 25, 2016
jayriginal:

You of all people should know that I consider T.B. Joshua a charlatan.

I know....but your comment was still surprising.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by ScienceWatch: 6:13pm On Dec 03, 2016
jayriginal:

Atheists or people who are very strident about their atheism are heavily prone to mental illness:

“There were 17,809 people in the study. It was a very large model as far as psychological experiments go.” This came as quite a shock to us as we studied patient after patient.

“Overt atheism, in other words, atheism that is professed as a way of life by some individuals — a manifesto of sorts — was found to be a common component inherent to many people suffering from other forms of severe mental illness,” said Dr. Hans Zimmermann MD PhD

“We started to notice that many of our experimental volunteers — those who were defiantly atheistic in their beliefs — were also suffering from various forms of dissociate disorders and social adaptation manias.

This came as quite a shock to us as we studied patient after patient because for years we have been led to believe that religious zeal was often a patently obvious sign of mental illness, but in fact this is not the case. Quite the contrary.

“The individuals we have studied, especially those under the age of forty who actively participate in open debate about their own avowed atheism, or people who are very strident about their atheism are heavily prone to mental illness — and most of the illnesses are quite severe. This was not a handful of subjects who were studied, mind you. There were 17,809 people in the study. It was a very large model as far as psychological experiments go.”

View the full article here:
http://thedamienzone.com/2012/08/17/atheism-as-a-mental-disorder-or-illness-new-studies-say-yes/
Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by JackBizzle: 6:18pm On Dec 03, 2016
ScienceWatch:
Atheists or people who are very strident about their atheism are heavily prone to mental illness:

“There were 17,809 people in the study. It was a very large model as far as psychological experiments go.” This came as quite a shock to us as we studied patient after patient.

“Overt atheism, in other words, atheism that is professed as a way of life by some individuals — a manifesto of sorts — was found to be a common component inherent to many people suffering from other forms of severe mental illness,” said Dr. Hans Zimmermann MD PhD

“We started to notice that many of our experimental volunteers — those who were defiantly atheistic in their beliefs — were also suffering from various forms of dissociate disorders and social adaptation manias.

This came as quite a shock to us as we studied patient after patient because for years we have been led to believe that religious zeal was often a patently obvious sign of mental illness, but in fact this is not the case. Quite the contrary.

“The individuals we have studied, especially those under the age of forty who actively participate in open debate about their own avowed atheism, or people who are very strident about their atheism are heavily prone to mental illness — and most of the illnesses are quite severe. This was not a handful of subjects who were studied, mind you. There were 17,809 people in the study. It was a very large model as far as psychological experiments go.”

View the full article here:
http://thedamienzone.com/2012/08/17/atheism-as-a-mental-disorder-or-illness-new-studies-say-yes/

Stop spamming. cc lalasticlala
Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by ScienceWatch: 8:39pm On Dec 03, 2016
JackBizzle:

I am simply engaging the comments on this interesting thread. CC Jonbellion
Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by PastorAIO: 10:27pm On Dec 03, 2016
I wonder why tb joshua took down the prophecy from his websites. What was the motivation?

If indeed he is not a scammer and is not embarrassed to be caught out then why did he take it down?

Or is he ashamed of his yahweh?

Imagine if there was a recount and Hillary won and they installed her instead. After all anything is possible with God. Or she might launch a coup d'etat and take over power. After all God works in mysterious ways.

If that tb Joshua guy believes he heard from God then he should trust his God and leave the prophecy on his website.

Unless he is just a lying murdering thief.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Dec 03, 2016
sinaj:
and the question is, How do u knw a fake prophet?

Only when a doctor is sick that a fake doctor can be caught. Get the truth in you first and compare it with the truth your pastor is dishing out. Miracle is not a proof of Gods presence.

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by EyeHateGod: 2:56am On Dec 04, 2016
JackBizzle:

I wonder why non of the mods have done anything about it..
Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by awoluyi(m): 7:45am On Dec 04, 2016
I believe that some Nigerian Pastors are sound and good but many of them fail to realise that being a pastor doesn't make one a Prophet. Unfortunately they make a prediction out of intuition they call it prophecy from God. I keep wondering why 2 "prophets" give two diffirent prophecies on same issue and claim they heard from same Source-God. I am not a Seer or a Prophet, I did not claim to have heard from God but i told people around me that Donald Trump would wine the USA presidential election. How? Very simple. As I was following the campaign, I read about. One American professor (a seasoned political analyst) who had predicted outcomes of 8 previous presidential elections accurately. He said "Trump will win 2016 election." I queed behind him. When the Koreans brought the mysthical monkey they use to make predictions, the monkey picked Trump as the winner. Similarly the Indian Voodoo's picked Trump. To now conclude my stand on the "likely outcome" of the election, I started paying attention to Trump's atterances and Americans youths' acceptance and reactions. Trump was really telling the "racist" and unemployed youths what they wanted to hear. From all the above I put the probability of Trump's victory at 70% and that of Mrs Clinton 30%. Does this make me a Prophet? Capital no. Close watchers of recently concluded Ondo state governorship election would have given it to Akeredolu. Our pastors will continue to earn more respect if they focus more of their attention on their primary responsibility which is "equipping God's people to do his work and build up the church, the body of Christ."

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by tbaby4u(f): 10:31am On Dec 04, 2016
hmmm

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by Niflheim(m): 7:06pm On Feb 09, 2017
@Jack bizzle,

They say that the dumbest animal on the planet, is the one that cannot recognize their worst enemy, even when that enemy is staring them right in the face!!! Christians will shout, "DEVIL NA LIAR!!!!!!", then scream "ATHEIST SCUM!!!", while pastor is out there, busy f.ucking their wives!!!

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by oaroloye(m): 4:33pm On Aug 26, 2017
SHALOM!

JackBizzle:
After T.B Joshua failed with his prophecy on the US elections, I have started to wonder how these pastors become revered prophets.

In the bible, there is a prophecy that in the end-times, there would be a lot of deceivers and false prophets.

I am just wondering how christians know that their pastors are not false?

We just have a feeling in our bowels.

You know that feelings in your bowels must be obeyed at all costs- and without question- whether they make sense, or whether they don't.
Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by goshen26: 7:53am On Aug 27, 2017
JackBizzle:

but if your pastor is fake, then the church is fake and therefore, no grace to be found there....

I disagree!
There are churches that the member will make heaven, while.the GO will miss it

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by Abbotp: 7:53am On Aug 27, 2017
30 billion dollar question!!!!!

The BEST SOLUTION to repair, smoothen and brighten your face IS HERE:https://www.nairaland.com/4014171/face-smoothener-moisturizer-anti-aging
Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by Topgainer: 7:56am On Aug 27, 2017
Was it only T.B Joshua that gave some false Prophecy last year? Far majority of Nigerians in Church today are sitting under one miracle warrior or magician. The false prophets in the Pentecostal Church Centers are so many and they have continued to breed their kinds in their numerous branches.
The simplest way to know is to look out for those prophet/bishops/pastors whose lifestyle is not modeled after Jesus Christ, and the good thing is that pretence can't go on for so long.
Today, many men of gods with thorough brainwashing skills will stand before their sheeples to say things like yesterday I was broke but when I met 'Jesus' I became richer than Nigeria, I have homes in all the important cities of the world, I jet out to see world leaders and pray for them, I am just coming back from a 'crusade' in Paris if you want Jesus to make you, as he did with me, "sow seed in hard currency".

5 Likes

Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by otitokoroleti: 7:57am On Aug 27, 2017
here comes the thread to discredit Christian &, Christianity, well done Seun Osewa but believe me, atheist are just wasting their time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Asiri Ijinle Olorun Pelu Awon Woli Re / Dunamis Church Donates Relief Materials To IDPs Camps In Plateau State (Photos) / Why The Idea of God Is A Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.