Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,789 members, 7,820,768 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? (17273 Views)

The Trinity Doctrine Is a False doctrine and it is Unbiblical. / '9 Diseases Your Pastor Lies To You About' - Aroms Aigbehi / Your Pastor Is Not Your Daddy - Reno Omokri (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by GoldNiagara(m): 8:39am On Aug 27, 2017
Topgainer:

grin thorough brainwashing is very real. False prophets give false prophecy period! Thus says the 'lord' if you sow seed to this commission in 3 days somebody will dash you dollars, miracle money will enter your house, and you shall never be sick again.

By emphasizing your abrasive pontification with a period, does not change reality. It is a conclusion that you cannot sustain with facts.

You don't know how this things work and you yet appointed yourself a judge and started issuing orders that you do not have the knowledge and wisdom to comprehend.

I will rather be conned for God's purposes than fall in the classless mould of people that ridicule the things of God.

As long as nobody borrowed money from you to sow the seed, why not mind your business.
Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by An2elect2(f): 8:41am On Aug 27, 2017
otitokoroleti:
here comes the thread to discredit Christian &, Christianity, well done Seun Osewa but believe me, atheist are just wasting their time.
If you were truly a Christian, you would appreciate a thread like this grin
Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by hysteriabox(m): 8:44am On Aug 27, 2017
Easy peezy!
Get acquainted with God's Word and Spirit, learn the "kingdom" gospel as against the gospel of self being preached today and its going to be a graet start.

The ish is not falsehood- thats no problem spotting and finding. Its actually hirelings that's the problem. These ll say "Jesus is the Christ thereby deceiving many". The ish is not "his prophecy did not come to pass"- going by that, then Jonah was a false prophet. The ish is what kind of gospel are you being fed?
Preachers that preach the following should be avoided like a plaque:
1. Does he preach a self-centred gospel instead of the kingdom gospel?
2. Does he promote the will of his church over the will of God for His church?
3. Does he promote obedience to church doctrines and methods over obedience to the Holy Spirit?
4. Is denominational acheivement uppermost in his heart?
5. Is he the centre of attention?
6. Is his emphasis building his church(es) over building society?
7. Does he promote a victim based mentality audience?
8. Does he embody his message?

God epp us!!
Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by ExInferis(m): 8:47am On Aug 27, 2017
texanomaly:

I mean the crooked media covered and lied as long as they could. Now it is known that she lost the popular vote too.

Typical low education trump lover.

Where and by whom is it known that Trump won the popular vote?

Because Breitbart said so?
Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by Topgainer: 8:48am On Aug 27, 2017
tosyne2much:
OP, that T. B Joshua made only one unrealistic prophesy is not a ground to discredit him as a real man of God. Even the Bible recorded at least one prophesy that didn't come to pass
Then the Prophet was at least, a false Prophet when he gave that Prophecy. Btw, T.B. Joshua is nothing more than a good sorcerer for now. He has made so many ill-fated prophecies but he has a way repackaging some of them to fit in, using audiovisual editing tools.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by deolurexy1(m): 8:49am On Aug 27, 2017
Trump didn't win the popular vote!
Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by LorDBolton(m): 8:50am On Aug 27, 2017
DeepSight:

He argues on his facebook page that she won the popular vote and i presume on his behalf that vox populi vox dei.

That argument is proof he is not a man of God but a man of the world .

It is proof his prophecy (prediction) came after rigorous online research not visions... Cos EVERYONE/GALLUP POLL said trump would lose !

Popular vote? In the US since the beginning of time na electoral college points (276 I think) dey decide who win... Is TB saying the most high doesn't understand how America selects it's leaders?

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by menxer: 8:53am On Aug 27, 2017
otitokoroleti:

this year makes it 12th year that I ever stepped my feet on church for sunday service. I don't believe in any pastor or GO but I believe in God. As you can see, anybody can post on this thread but if it's Muslim thread, you will have to swear an oath before you are allowed to make a post.
That the Muslims have chosen to live in a closed forum on nairaland doesn't mean the issue of false prophets/teachings is non existent or the urge to question certain things in Islam is not part of their experience.

The Truth that maketh free is not a given in religion.
Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by Topgainer: 8:54am On Aug 27, 2017
GoldNiagara:

By emphasizing your abrasive pontification with a period, does not change reality. It is a conclusion that you cannot sustain with facts.

You don't know how this things work and you yet appointed yourself a judge and started issuing orders that you do not have the knowledge and wisdom to comprehend.

I will rather be conned for God's purposes than fall in the classless mould of people that ridicule the things of God.

As long as nobody borrowed money from you to sow the seed, why not mind your business.
When I encounter people like you. The reality of thorough brainwashing stares me in the face.
Which of your gods does purposeful conning? Hard Slap yourself 3x and regain your senses. It works, just try it.

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by munas: 8:58am On Aug 27, 2017
jonbellion:
I'm just tired
They will bring the most irrelevant excuses
TB Joshua clearly said Hilary would win popular vote or not. He said Hilary would win
And he failed
Anything a christian in his church does to justify him is as a result of cognitive dissonance
Two conflicting beliefs. TB Joshua prophesied a female win. This was thier belief
Now that it failed they are doing everything in their power to rationalise the belief so he wont come out as a false belief.
This prophecy clearly opened the motherfuckers asshole to the whole world and there are still people justifying him
These people are tiring

You guys dont know how the gift of prophecy operates,so you can say anything you like.
Well,the case of TB joshua is just like a good goal keeper.After catching all balls and fails to catch one,you will forget all the balls that he has been catching and focus on the one he did not catch
Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by Lovine: 8:59am On Aug 27, 2017
A true prophet can speak of himself, that does not mean he's false, what about the once that came to pass? If we judge that way all the world prophets and pastors have said one or two things that never came to pass, so they are all false? But come to it, did Trump look to you as a chosen one?
Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by menxer: 9:01am On Aug 27, 2017
LorDBolton:

That argument is proof he is not a man of God but a man of the world .

It is proof his prophecy (prediction) came after rigorous online research not visions... Cos EVERYONE/GALLUP POLL said trump would lose !

Popular vote? In the US since the beginning of time na electoral college points (276 I think) dey decide who win... Is TB saying the most high doesn't understand how America selects it's leaders?

That is what some people failed to ask or understand, instead are making excuses for a prophecy that went off course, meaning it was not of God.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by hopefulLandlord: 9:02am On Aug 27, 2017
aku626:

Be careful of blasphemy don't say the church of the lord is fake he don't take it lightly

Yahweh doesn't exist, he's imaginary and useless

what's he gonna do about that?

seems you had no idea whom you quoted, he's known for using your Yahweh to wipe the floor in the religion section on almost daily basis
Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by trainingict: 9:04am On Aug 27, 2017
JackBizzle:
After T.B Joshua failed with his prophecy on the US elections, I have started to wonder how these pastors become revered prophets.

In the bible, there is a prophecy that in the end-times, there would be a lot of deceivers and false prophets.

I am just wondering how christians know that their pastors are not false?

You don't use the name of a pastor as a reference or anchor when asking a general question, it means you are indirectly referring to the man.

In the spiritual realm anything can happen. There are thrones, dominions, various levels in heavens, different types of powers. The fact that Trump won despite the prophecy cannot be used as a yardstick of judgement considering Trump's mode of governance. People don't just become a billionaire in that place without being a grandmaster .

In Nigeria, a prophet in the Northern Nigeria whom I know prophesied that Abacha will die 1998 and he died. He also prophesied that Obj will not become president contrary to the expectation of everybody, but that failed. So all those that prophesied Obj will not win are now false prophets.

What about other prophesies that have come to pass. In Nigeria today, people will speak when the coast is clear they will call it prophecy, is that the type witnessed in bible?
Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by meliziz12(m): 9:07am On Aug 27, 2017
At some point in human history,Christianity was bestowed in the heart of men because there was not more houses then that could be referred as churches and men carrying the cross were few.Now is the opposite,there are thousands and thousands of outlets and businessmen deceiving the gullible,destroying a hard earned families and being a major menace in our 21st century,.God in heaven,the one I serve has left these pastors and their mansions and hotels etc back to the "HEART OF MEN"he who has ear let him hear �.I'm Meli Ziz.
Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by Sarang(f): 9:18am On Aug 27, 2017
Because I know they are all false prophets.. grin
Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by joceey(m): 9:38am On Aug 27, 2017
Religion is very deep beyond our human imagination especially Christianity.......Just because a prophecy given by a prophet didn't come to pass that does not mean it failed......let look at the of King Hezekiah...in Isa 38:1 In those days Hezekiah became terminally ill. The prophet Isaiah son of Amoz came and said to him, "This is what the LORD says: 'Put your affairs in order, for you are about to die; you will not recover.'. Take note in the verse 2-5 He prayed and GOD change his case..... if prophet Isaiah was in our time people we say he was fake........
Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by sinaj(f): 9:48am On Aug 27, 2017
dangotesmummy:
LMAOOOO.this is like going to a fake hospital and saying you're not going there because of the doctor's expertise or because he's a quack doctor but you're going there to be treated for your ailment grin
wrong example. You go to a hospital when you are sick, but I dnt go to church coz m sick nd need healing. I go to church to worship him and serve him not because of any pastor.
Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by dangotesmummy: 9:51am On Aug 27, 2017
sinaj:
wrong example. You go to a hospital when you are sick, but I dnt go to church coz m sick nd need healing. I go to church to worship him and serve him not because of any pastor.
don't deceive yourself grin
Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by tosyne2much(m): 9:51am On Aug 27, 2017
Topgainer:

Then the Prophet was at least, a false Prophet when he gave that Prophecy. Btw, T.B. Joshua is nothing more than a good sorcerer for now. He has made so many ill-fated prophecies but he has a way repackaging some of them to fit in, using audiovisual editing tools.
My brother, a failed prophesy does not make the prophesier a fake one. Prophesies can be rewritten bro. Haven't you seen cases who someone who had death prophesy at a tender age turn out to live longer?
Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by tosyne2much(m): 9:53am On Aug 27, 2017
joceey:
Religion is very deep beyond our human imagination especially Christianity....... Just because a prophecy given by a prophet didn't come to pass that does not mean it failed. .....let look at the of King Hezekiah...in Isa 38:1 In those days Hezekiah became terminally ill. The prophet Isaiah son of Amoz came and said to him, "This is what the LORD says: 'Put your affairs in order, for you are about to die; you will not recover.'. Take note in the verse 2-5 He prayed and GOD change his case..... if prophet Isaiah was in our time people we say he was fake........
May God bless you my brother

1 Like

Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by aku626(m): 10:01am On Aug 27, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Yahweh doesn't exist, he's imaginary and useless

what's he gonna do about that?

seems you had no idea whom you quoted, he's known for using your Yahweh to wipe the floor in the religion section on almost daily basis
Indeed I didn't know and still don't care my job is to warn you which I have done and also to tell you that Jehovah loves you and wants the best for you. However if you're a devowed enemy of Him then may you experience His might and see for yourself what He can do.
Saul said the same the priests of Baal pharaoh too.
Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by hopefulLandlord: 10:02am On Aug 27, 2017
aku626:

Indeed I didn't know and still don't care my job is to warn you which I have done and also to tell you that Jehovah loves you and wants the best for you. However if you're a devowed enemy of Him then may you experience His might and see for yourself what He can do.
Saul said the same the priests of Baal pharaoh too.

see preaching and concern trolling lol cheesy
Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by mezebel(f): 10:04am On Aug 27, 2017
alBHAGDADI:

Mathew 7:16

"By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?"

Private jets
Universities
Jeeps
Mansions
Prosperity Gospel
Tithes
dustless shoes grin
etc

The above are just a few of the fruits you can use to recognise a false prophet or church.

I love you so much, my sister. I want you to start by googling on Christmas and Easter to see more truths.
so real men of God should live in thatch houses and use bicycle? Jehovah's witness member sighted.
Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by tosyne2much(m): 10:05am On Aug 27, 2017
trainingict:

You don't use the name of a pastor as a reference or anchor when asking a general question, it means you are indirectly referring to the man.

In the spiritual realm anything can happen. There are thrones, dominions, various levels in heavens, different types of powers. The fact that Trump won despite the prophecy cannot be used as a yardstick of judgement considering Trump's mode of governance. People don't just become a billionaire in that place without being a grandmaster .

In Nigeria, a prophet in the Northern Nigeria whom I know prophesied that Abacha will die 1998 and he died. He also prophesied that Obj will not become president contrary to the expectation of everybody, but that failed. So all those that prophesied Obj will not win are now false prophets.

What about other prophesies that have come to pass. In Nigeria today, people will speak when the coast is clear they will call it prophecy, is that the type witnessed in bible?
I think this is where people are getting it wrong.
Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by refreshrate: 10:24am On Aug 27, 2017
Very easy.
1. Go to his house unannounced
2. Knock on his door
3. Once you hear "who is dat?" There's no point disturbing yourself he's confirmed fake!

If can't know who's at the door how then does he want to know the things you're about to seek spiritual council on?

1 Like

Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by menxer: 10:25am On Aug 27, 2017
munas:

You guys dont know how the gift of prophecy operates,so you can say anything you like.
Well,the case of TB joshua is just like a good goal keeper.After catching all balls and fails to catch one,you will forget all the balls that he has been catching and focus on the one he did not catch
That's a lame analogy, because If a goalkeeper catches the ball in matches leading up to the final and failed to catch any in the final Cup match, all his prior catching is a nullity, as far as winning that cup is concerned.
Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by darlenese(f): 10:30am On Aug 27, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
pls, run away from such church cos his false doctrines will one day sink into you and destroy you.

God can't allow a false prophet to head his church. So, if your church has a false prophet, then the church in its entirety is false. FLEE

the church is in your body, not a buildung or any structure.
Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by Truefaith: 10:45am On Aug 27, 2017
The only way is knowing the Bible.

We know fake currencies by paying attention to the genuine ones.

Open this site:

www.thetruechristianfaith.com/2017/05/20/is-your-pastor-connected-to-the-jesus-of-the-bible/

It will start you off knowing the characteristics and teachings of the thousands of false prophets we have everywhere now.
Re: How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? by Nobody: 10:50am On Aug 27, 2017
All dese prophets that easily people

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Inibehe Effiong On Fasting Enforcement: Why Sharia Police Is Illegal – Lawyer / Dunamis Church Donates Relief Materials To IDPs Camps In Plateau State (Photos) / ‘it’s Foolish For Pastors To Ignore Police Protection’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.