Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,342 members, 7,853,522 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 06:22 PM

Edo State New Governor Appointments - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo State New Governor Appointments (887 Views)

Zaki Ahmed Is Rivers State New Commissioner Of Police (Photos) / Suspense, Last Minute Thrills As Ondo Picks New Governor / Ekiti To Build New Governor’s Office, High Court At N1.9billion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Edo State New Governor Appointments by Felosa(m): 12:08pm On Nov 13, 2016
MR GODWIN OBASEKI, NOW THAT YOU HAVE BEEN SWORN IN AS EDO STATE GOVERNOR( part 1)

By Felix Osemwengie Isere, Esq, Cnarb.

Mr Governor sir, this is almost like an open letter to you, believing that you will see it or someone close to you will also see it or draw your attention to it.

Mr Governor sir, firstly,let me congratulate you in your successful swearing in as the Governor of Edo State. Whether you are liked or not is not the matter now, whether anybody never believed in you is not the matter now, whether people never supported you is not the matter now, whether anybody belong to any religion, tribe, political party or class is not the matter now, what is the matter now is that you are now the Governor of Edo State and you have an inalienable duty to perform because that is best way to reward those who worked for you and also disappoint those who never supported or believed in you.

Mr Governor sir , there are many things that will determine whether you will succeed or not, but for now I think the team you will be setting up either as personal aides, cabinet members and heads of department, agency etc, is very important no matter your vision . When you miss it here, failure is inevitable because as the Latin Marxim will say, Memo Dat Quod Non Habet (you can't give what you don't have) . let me quickly say, that this humble admonition is not aimed at telling you who to appoint and the parameter for such appointment, as that is solely your discretion in consultation with the party in some circumstances. But what am more Concern as a young man obsessed with good governance and quality leadership is that you form a good team that can can pioneer the affairs of our State because you have no excuse to fail. I was so delighted in your acceptance speech yesterday when you promise to set your team Shortly and keep the ground running because the work has started. That was really a powerful statement and I hope you match words with action,because you don't have the whole years to be Governor. The work must surely start now because delay defeats equity.

Mr Governor sir, Please kindly match words with action by setting up your team immediately, you must ensure that you set up a team of intellectuals around you, people who are more concern about what they will deliver and not what they will get, people with modern ideal and progressive minds. Let your team be made up of young people and fresh blood, People who are ready to write their names in the sands of time, those who wants to make a name for themselves knowing very well they still have a great future ahead. Those who have been in one office or the other before and have not deliver should not have anything to do in your government. Government house is not an inheritance of anybody and I think those who have been there before and whose impact was not felt should kindly leave with the comrade Governor, do not make the mistake President Buhari made which is affecting the Government today , do not build your government around cabal, who may later hijack the government, let people have access to you and be ready to listen. Do not also make any mistake of going to give strategic appointments to people who do not understand the manifestos of APC or those who have never been in Edo State talkless they will know the problem of the States or the people. Do not appoint strangers who do not reside in our State because they are ready to port out anytime if the government fails. Let your government not be government that will reward mediocre and agberos more the educated, responsible and decent Edo people ,however, everybody is relevant and deserves reward especially those who laboured with you during the election, but political reward system in my own school of thought should not always be about money or appointment but about benefiting the dividends of democracy . Do not make the mistake of appointing people who have penchant for corruption . Inject young, fresh,vibrant , enlightened and intelligent people into your government. Look for those with integrity, good character and selflessness.

Mr Governor sir, In conclusion , I will want to remind you that you must let your appointment be devoid of every form of biases or discrimination. You must have regards for the three Senatorial district and local government. Religion, gender, and other stereotyped practices should be be disallowed.

Let me also sharply remind you that you are now the Governor of Edo State and not the Governor of your party members,your family, friends or some sets of people. People like us who love and are more loyal to our state will criticise and chastise you if you make any appointments which will not be for the interest of the State or even our party, but will also celebrate you if the right people are also appointed because that is the first basis of knowing any government that will deliver. We cannot afford to have round pegs in square holes or charlatans leading us. God forbid! Edo State is blessed with people with brains,skills,ideals,ingenuity,resilience , character and are hardworking , hence you don't need to go outside to import people to work with you. We know ourselves, we know those who can deliver and we also know those who supposed to have nothing to do in Government house because they have failed before or they have nothing to offer.

Personally, I wish you best of luck and my prayer is that may you succeed because Edo people deserve the best at this critical time.

Best Regards.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Has No Minister As Intelligent As Sanusi – Reno Omokri / Akwa Ibom APC Expels Senator J.J. Udoedeghe / Governor Okowa Weeps As Eldest Brother Dies Of Chronic Cancer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.