Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,085 members, 7,849,404 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 08:41 PM

4 Nigerians Arrested In Hong Kong With Pangolin Scales And Ivory Worth $440,000 - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 4 Nigerians Arrested In Hong Kong With Pangolin Scales And Ivory Worth $440,000 (32510 Views)

Nigerian Lady Caught With N24M Cocaine In Condom In Her Vagina In Hong Kong. Pix / Chinese Man Arrested With N1.73bn Pangolin In Lagos / Chinese Customs Seize Three Tonnes Of Pangolin Scales Imported From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Nigerians Arrested In Hong Kong With Pangolin Scales And Ivory Worth $440,000 by grandstar(m): 10:48pm On Nov 13, 2016
lastbaff:
So expensive, what is it used for?

Check out my signature

Pangolin scales are used for native medicines. The scales are suspected to be medicinal. They are similar to rhino horns in structure hence the huge demand.

Ivory is used for making art works .

2 Likes

Re: 4 Nigerians Arrested In Hong Kong With Pangolin Scales And Ivory Worth $440,000 by Onegai(f): 11:21pm On Nov 13, 2016
There is nothing in Nigeria we call "Sacred", our own is to destroy in wanton greed and vicious, celebrated ignorance. From elephants to giraffe to lions to sea turtles and pangolins. And later they will tell you they did it out of poverty. Because a poor man can afford an airplane ticket to smuggle illegal goods.

1 Like

Re: 4 Nigerians Arrested In Hong Kong With Pangolin Scales And Ivory Worth $440,000 by jamislaw(m): 12:28am On Nov 14, 2016
This is injustice we can't take it, NCAN must demand for their names ...........we can't take it, this is corruption NCAN Aba head quarter must here this.
Re: 4 Nigerians Arrested In Hong Kong With Pangolin Scales And Ivory Worth $440,000 by Livefreeordieha(m): 2:42am On Nov 14, 2016
mclorenzo:
$5million, if found guilty you guys are on your own o
dem better spend d 2yrs for jail jejelly..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4 Nigerians Arrested In Hong Kong With Pangolin Scales And Ivory Worth $440,000 by Tpl2015: 3:12am On Nov 14, 2016
NCAN might b disappointed but I guess they are Igbo.
Re: 4 Nigerians Arrested In Hong Kong With Pangolin Scales And Ivory Worth $440,000 by victorazy(m): 4:25am On Nov 14, 2016
lastbaff:
So expensive, what is it used for?

Check out my signature

Gold is better for those that knows the value.

1 Like

Re: 4 Nigerians Arrested In Hong Kong With Pangolin Scales And Ivory Worth $440,000 by Opharhe: 5:04am On Nov 14, 2016
bulldoza:
440000k dollars ! shocked shocked shocked

Da fukkkkkkkkk!

Na so dis thing get value reach

Oboy, na to dust my DOUBLE BARREL enter bush o undecided
Ivory from Elephants is very valuable. My blessed ancestors(and maybe yours too) traded it with Europeans before modern Nigeria.

I support these animal protection laws fully though if not these beautiful creatures go just finish just now.
The world is not for us, humans alone.
Re: 4 Nigerians Arrested In Hong Kong With Pangolin Scales And Ivory Worth $440,000 by Nobody: 8:38am On Nov 14, 2016
Beht, warrisdis? No names
Why!? cry cry
NCAN Ojo branch won't take this!! angry
Re: 4 Nigerians Arrested In Hong Kong With Pangolin Scales And Ivory Worth $440,000 by Nobody: 9:17am On Nov 14, 2016
baski92:
Why some idiot Nigerians dey always make may other country to dey label us as criminals

How dare you?
The Afonjaas ruined Nigeria image to pieces…you guys are the reasons PayPal, eBay, amazon and lots of E-commerce websites around the world flagged Nigeria as the fraud capital of the world and do not ship to Nigeria!!
Afonjas took internet fraud and made it a career!!! Afonjas started yahoo yahoo and till now all your young men have made it their career.
Afonjas in Europe, America and South Africa commit mortgage fraud, tax refund fraud, social security fraud, cheque fraud and dating scams etc.
It’s not the drug pushing or poaching that’s ruined our image internationally!! It’s your penchant for fraud!!!!!
AFONJAS DESTROYED NIGERIA’S IMAGE!!! You guys started by stealing credit card info of foreigners and using it to shop, from there to wire transfers, Lotto scams, inheritance scams, from there to scams and online dating scams!!
It’s because of all Afonja activities that Nigeria is flagged in virtually all ecommerce websites and banking websites, you Afonjas are the reason Nigerians find it hard to get Visa!!
You Afonjas are the reason Nigerian Banks suffer so much discredit abroad! You are the reason the common man cannot shop on eBay from here and have it shipped here.
You Afonjas are the reason Nigeria is flagged on every foreign dating website as they don’t want users with NIGERIAN IP addresses or from Nigeria.
You Afonjas are the reason Most websites warn people not to respond to emails from Nigeria all because of the Yotubas (Afonjas) genetic characteristic to commit financial, internet fraud and scams!!!

Don’t believe me? Go to the UK special crimes and investigations building as for public records on convicted individuals involved in online and social scams: 995 percent are Nigerian, they are 99 percent, akinwunmi, bode, shola, fisayo, Babatunde, gbadebo etc
Same with America, South Africa….even the foreign intelligence know. Recently I was discussing with someone who works in the America consulate he is Caucasian, and we got to a point where we started discussing applicant profiling and he said yes they are aware that Nigerians from the South West and most involved in web and offline fraud/ scams the most that there are numbers to back this not just from America, European countries also, even in Africa- go to Benin, Cameroun, Gambia, South Africa, Egypt= you will find a Nigerian leaving in one room who drives a falshy car but never goes to work, just clubs with different girls every other Night, he is dark skinned has a dreadlocks hair style, wears all kinds of expensive jewelries around his neck, ears pierced , sags his trousers to his bum wears expensive cloths uses an Iphone and has several laptops. He is a Nigerian from one of the South Western states.
Afonjas all travel with student visa, but their aim is to go there get trained by foreign scammers\ hackers usually of Indian or Middle eastern origins… now these Afonja Nigerians after learning new updated skills of fraud come back and charge their legions of followers fees to train them in this new skill. This is how they stay up to date with the Interpol and other fraud detecting agencies.
The Afonjas have turned internet fraud to an international empire, they have kingpins who are based in other countries who help them with contacts, purchasing data like credit card databases, who help them receive wires with fake id’s and who also help them manage shippings using pseudo addresses and contacts.
This kingpin/ chairman is usually an elderly Afonja between ages 40- 60 years who has a green card in the country and probably works a relatively normal job like a nanny or gym coach.
All those Aunty Bose or Brother Segun who lives in London? Yes its them. That’s what they do. Sometimes you will even find husband and wife act as kingpin for several fraud cartels in Nigeria, mostly these cartels are based out of the following cities: Lagos, Ibadan, Osun, Ekiti, Ogun and Oyo

So before you out there as an Afonja ever condemn any tribe for smearing Nigeria’s image first take a long hard look in the mirror and remember how your fraudulent lineage have and still daily decimate the already battered image of Nigeria, remember how you Afonjas have made us the internet fraud capital of Africa, how you Afonjas have denied hard working citizens of enjoying services their mates in other countries enjoy, remember how you Afonjas have made it that several websites block visitors from Nigeria by default, remember how you Afonjas have made us a point of reference for internet fraud.

This isn’t a rant its backed by cold hard facts!! Don’t believe me? Use Google or feel free to engage me in mental jousting .. I do love a good argument with a tribalistic bigot

1 Like

Re: 4 Nigerians Arrested In Hong Kong With Pangolin Scales And Ivory Worth $440,000 by Nobody: 9:18am On Nov 14, 2016
mulattoclaroo:
I just don't get it. Why are some people hell-bent on giving other Nigerians a bad name with their criminal activities? I've lived virtually all of my life outside the shores of Nigeria and never at any point in time I was found wanting in any way. Whatever it is that's the punishment for such crimes in Hong Kong should be duly meted out on them if they're guilty. It's high time we stop supporting and defending three criminal elements who give us a bad name all in the name of hustling.

How dare you?
The Afonjaas ruined Nigeria image to pieces…you guys are the reasons PayPal, eBay, amazon and lots of E-commerce websites around the world flagged Nigeria as the fraud capital of the world and do not ship to Nigeria!!
Afonjas took internet fraud and made it a career!!! Afonjas started yahoo yahoo and till now all your young men have made it their career.
Afonjas in Europe, America and South Africa commit mortgage fraud, tax refund fraud, social security fraud, cheque fraud and dating scams etc.
It’s not the drug pushing or poaching that’s ruined our image internationally!! It’s your penchant for fraud!!!!!
AFONJAS DESTROYED NIGERIA’S IMAGE!!! You guys started by stealing credit card info of foreigners and using it to shop, from there to wire transfers, Lotto scams, inheritance scams, from there to scams and online dating scams!!
It’s because of all Afonja activities that Nigeria is flagged in virtually all ecommerce websites and banking websites, you Afonjas are the reason Nigerians find it hard to get Visa!!
You Afonjas are the reason Nigerian Banks suffer so much discredit abroad! You are the reason the common man cannot shop on eBay from here and have it shipped here.
You Afonjas are the reason Nigeria is flagged on every foreign dating website as they don’t want users with NIGERIAN IP addresses or from Nigeria.
You Afonjas are the reason Most websites warn people not to respond to emails from Nigeria all because of the Yotubas (Afonjas) genetic characteristic to commit financial, internet fraud and scams!!!

Don’t believe me? Go to the UK special crimes and investigations building as for public records on convicted individuals involved in online and social scams: 995 percent are Nigerian, they are 99 percent, akinwunmi, bode, shola, fisayo, Babatunde, gbadebo etc
Same with America, South Africa….even the foreign intelligence know. Recently I was discussing with someone who works in the America consulate he is Caucasian, and we got to a point where we started discussing applicant profiling and he said yes they are aware that Nigerians from the South West and most involved in web and offline fraud/ scams the most that there are numbers to back this not just from America, European countries also, even in Africa- go to Benin, Cameroun, Gambia, South Africa, Egypt= you will find a Nigerian leaving in one room who drives a falshy car but never goes to work, just clubs with different girls every other Night, he is dark skinned has a dreadlocks hair style, wears all kinds of expensive jewelries around his neck, ears pierced , sags his trousers to his bum wears expensive cloths uses an Iphone and has several laptops. He is a Nigerian from one of the South Western states.
Afonjas all travel with student visa, but their aim is to go there get trained by foreign scammers\ hackers usually of Indian or Middle eastern origins… now these Afonja Nigerians after learning new updated skills of fraud come back and charge their legions of followers fees to train them in this new skill. This is how they stay up to date with the Interpol and other fraud detecting agencies.
The Afonjas have turned internet fraud to an international empire, they have kingpins who are based in other countries who help them with contacts, purchasing data like credit card databases, who help them receive wires with fake id’s and who also help them manage shippings using pseudo addresses and contacts.
This kingpin/ chairman is usually an elderly Afonja between ages 40- 60 years who has a green card in the country and probably works a relatively normal job like a nanny or gym coach.
All those Aunty Bose or Brother Segun who lives in London? Yes its them. That’s what they do. Sometimes you will even find husband and wife act as kingpin for several fraud cartels in Nigeria, mostly these cartels are based out of the following cities: Lagos, Ibadan, Osun, Ekiti, Ogun and Oyo

So before you out there as an Afonja ever condemn any tribe for smearing Nigeria’s image first take a long hard look in the mirror and remember how your fraudulent lineage have and still daily decimate the already battered image of Nigeria, remember how you Afonjas have made us the internet fraud capital of Africa, how you Afonjas have denied hard working citizens of enjoying services their mates in other countries enjoy, remember how you Afonjas have made it that several websites block visitors from Nigeria by default, remember how you Afonjas have made us a point of reference for internet fraud.

This isn’t a rant its backed by cold hard facts!! Don’t believe me? Use Google or feel free to engage me in mental jousting .. I do love a good argument with a tribalistic bigot
Re: 4 Nigerians Arrested In Hong Kong With Pangolin Scales And Ivory Worth $440,000 by Nobody: 9:18am On Nov 14, 2016
baski92:
Why some idiot Nigerians dey always make may other country to dey label us as criminals

How dare you?
The Afonjas ruined Nigeria image to pieces…you guys are the reasons PayPal, eBay, amazon and lots of E-commerce websites around the world flagged Nigeria as the fraud capital of the world and do not ship to Nigeria!!
It’s because of all Afonja activities that Nigeria is flagged in virtually all eCommerce websites and banking websites, you Afonjas are the reason Nigerians find it hard to get Visa!!

Don’t believe me? Go to the UK special crimes and investigations building as for public records on convicted individuals involved in online and social scams: 95 percent are Nigerians, they are 99 percent Afonja, akinwunmi, bode, shola, fisayo, Babatunde, gbadebo etc
Same with America, South Africa….even the foreign intelligence know. Recently I was discussing with someone who works in the America consulate he is Caucasian, and we got to a point where we started discussing applicants profiling and he said yes they are aware that Nigerians from the South West are the most involved in Internet and offline financial fraud/ scams the most, and that there are numbers to back this not just from America, European countries also, even in Africa- go to Benin, Cameroun, Gambia, South Africa, Egypt= you will find a Nigerian leaving in one room who drives a flashy car but never goes to work, just clubs with different girls every other Night, he is dark skinned has a dreadlocks hair style, wears all kinds of expensive jewelries around his neck, ears pierced , sags his trousers to his bum wears expensive cloths uses an Iphone and has several laptops. He is a Nigerian from one of the South Western states.

This isn’t a rant its backed by cold hard facts!! Don’t believe me? Use Google or feel free to engage me in mental jousting .. I do love a good argument with a tribalistic bigot ...
mulattoclaroo:
I just don't get it. Why are some people hell-bent on giving other Nigerians a bad name with their criminal activities? I've lived virtually all of my life outside the shores of Nigeria and never at any point in time I was found wanting in any way. Whatever it is that's the punishment for such crimes in Hong Kong should be duly meted out on them if they're guilty. It's high time we stop supporting and defending three criminal elements who give us a bad name all in the name of hustling.

How dare you?
The Afonjas ruined Nigeria image to pieces…you guys are the reasons PayPal, eBay, amazon and lots of E-commerce websites around the world flagged Nigeria as the fraud capital of the world and do not ship to Nigeria!!
It’s because of all Afonja activities that Nigeria is flagged in virtually all eCommerce websites and banking websites, you Afonjas are the reason Nigerians find it hard to get Visa!!

Don’t believe me? Go to the UK special crimes and investigations building as for public records on convicted individuals involved in online and social scams: 95 percent are Nigerians, they are 99 percent Afonja, akinwunmi, bode, shola, fisayo, Babatunde, gbadebo etc
Same with America, South Africa….even the foreign intelligence know. Recently I was discussing with someone who works in the America consulate he is Caucasian, and we got to a point where we started discussing applicants profiling and he said yes they are aware that Nigerians from the South West are the most involved in Internet and offline financial fraud/ scams the most, and that there are numbers to back this not just from America, European countries also, even in Africa- go to Benin, Cameroun, Gambia, South Africa, Egypt= you will find a Nigerian leaving in one room who drives a flashy car but never goes to work, just clubs with different girls every other Night, he is dark skinned has a dreadlocks hair style, wears all kinds of expensive jewelries around his neck, ears pierced , sags his trousers to his bum wears expensive cloths uses an Iphone and has several laptops. He is a Nigerian from one of the South Western states.

This isn’t a rant its backed by cold hard facts!! Don’t believe me? Use Google or feel free to engage me in mental jousting .. I do love a good argument with a tribalistic bigot ...
Re: 4 Nigerians Arrested In Hong Kong With Pangolin Scales And Ivory Worth $440,000 by Nobody: 9:19am On Nov 14, 2016
davtosh:

because in their blood stream is a virus called ojukokoro. Anything that brings money whether the end thereof is death if caught or not. Dem must give it a try becos every December they are expecting them in the village to come and dazzle with money.
" Our son has arrived from Lagos"
grin
How dare you?

Re: 4 Nigerians Arrested In Hong Kong With Pangolin Scales And Ivory Worth $440,000 by Nobody: 9:19am On Nov 14, 2016
baski92:
that is really bad bro, den dey paint us black to the whole world

How dare you?

Re: 4 Nigerians Arrested In Hong Kong With Pangolin Scales And Ivory Worth $440,000 by alaskido(m): 9:36am On Nov 14, 2016
Why are we always in the News for the wrong reasons. It beats my imagination and it is mind boggling.
Re: 4 Nigerians Arrested In Hong Kong With Pangolin Scales And Ivory Worth $440,000 by Nobody: 1:18pm On Nov 14, 2016
Uchihaitaci:

How dare you?

Thanks for that beautiful name Tribalistic bigot grin but you made a grave mistake. The person you are referring to is not one.

I appreciate the effort you put up to write this long epistle. grin
You have right to your opinion.
grin
I am not going to insult you, you know why? I am more cultured than that. And trained by God fearing Parents.

I managed to almost read through because of time. I Almost.

I hate long posts but Im going to do that to clear the point

If there is a chance to see my postings in the past You'ld see that I am not tribalistic, in fact I always quote people to correct their notion when they are being tribalistic.
You know I posted something on Saturday after the Algerian match how it was so awesome football United us for 90 minites. I heard my IBO friends Shouting Up Naija up Naija. Yoruba Shouting Up Naija and I know if I were around Saabo area I would have heard the same.

The moment we left that thread I suddenly became Afonja and the next person flat head on other threads. to me it's so annoying.

What made me to make the comment you quoted was a guy raining insults on Afonja and someone else rebuked him, so by seconding the person I posted what I posted.
Now I am not retrieving nor denying my comment because in the first place I didn't mention any tribe. Go back and read my post if I mentioned any tribe. Now you are the one reading unnecessary meaning to my post. And you don't even know my tribe whether I'm IBO. Yoruba or Hausa. All you kno is I'm a Nigerian.
And by your conclusion you have placed me in the Yoruba tribe.
Funnygrin

Anyway If you say there is a tribe in Nigeria that is free of greedy and bad people, it's a big lie but but but but grin A tribe is known for image denting of Naija name abroad and me and you know that
it is true.
Is any Nigerian tribe free from crime NO

For example I lived and worked in Gambia for four years, I am an artist and I was there because of their flourishing Tourism, it really aided my work.
Gambia was a peaceful place almost free of crime so you won't see police holding gun except Bartons. Even you hardly see their soldiers in town and when you do they hold no gun.

One faithful shameful morning we woke up to the news of armed robbery for the very first time in the history of Gambia. And they were Nigerians and When they started mentioning their names we discovered the three of them are from the same tribe in Naija. I don't need to mention the tribe. that was in 2002.
How they got guns was even a puzzle.
Same experience I had in SA in 2010 same tribe, I even slept in their apartment, Very nice friendly guys. I needed to spend the last week of my stay away from the hotel to be able to save money to buy things for my wife nd kids, I was tired of hotel bills and they offered me to come and stay with them free of charge even with free food costly Nigerian food and a bottle of cold guiness every night.
The third day ,when they told me what they do for a living, I was shaking, so I've been enjoying illl gotten money with them. thay have just hit a jackport of about 3 million naira converted, that day were happy to share the "good news" with me and that night I decided early morning I was going back to the hotel. So I did, gave them a big excuse.

Now I'm not saying it's only a tribe that is curropt every tribe is. but what I stand against is insulting a tribe because you wanna make a point. I frown totally at that. And I would take my time to point it to you that you are wrong. Remove the log in your eyes before pointing at the pebbles in mine grin

Thanks bro for your time.

Peace.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Danish Husband’s Blood Matched Those Found On Zainab, Daughter– Forensic Analyst / Man Assaulted By Soldier At Dangote Fertilizer, Left With Swollen Eye / Police Arrest Three Policemen For Killing Wedding Guest In Imo State (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.