Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,833 members, 7,817,445 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Will A Born-again Christian Who Dies While Committing A Sin Go To Heaven? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will A Born-again Christian Who Dies While Committing A Sin Go To Heaven? (1128 Views)

Mistake a Born Again should never make / Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? / Should A Man Who Is A Born-Again Christian Be A Gynaecologist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will A Born-again Christian Who Dies While Committing A Sin Go To Heaven? by Xlad(m): 4:55pm On Nov 13, 2016
Happy sunday.
My friends and I are arguing about this topic. If for example; a person goes to church, is saved, a born-again christian and then he goes out to a bar and gets drunk and is killed in a car accident, will he still go to heaven?
Although I'm not judging but I have tried to convince them that since the man died in SIN, he will not make Heaven, but they are arguing that he will make Heaven because he is already saved and that Jesus Christ will mediate on behalf of the man to the Father God. They are currently backing it up with these scriptures:

(1 John 2:1-2 NIV) [1] My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. [2] He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.
(Romans 8:1 NIV) Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus
[color=#990000][/color]

So Nairalanders, what's opinion on this topic?

@Mediator97, elipheleh, TI1919, tokisophie, Thepasserby
Re: Will A Born-again Christian Who Dies While Committing A Sin Go To Heaven? by KILODE1000: 4:58pm On Nov 13, 2016
Didn't Jesus turn water into wine? I think he's heaven bound.
Re: Will A Born-again Christian Who Dies While Committing A Sin Go To Heaven? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Nov 13, 2016
There is no sin but misdeeds, there is no heaven. So your question doesnt exist.
Re: Will A Born-again Christian Who Dies While Committing A Sin Go To Heaven? by Xlad(m): 5:00pm On Nov 13, 2016
KILODE1000:

We can drink but not to that level of getting drunk.
Re: Will A Born-again Christian Who Dies While Committing A Sin Go To Heaven? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Nov 13, 2016
I actually stumbled on this proposal while doing a totally different church assigment and it checks out basically.

The basic idea for salvation is Jesus coming to die, ressurect,and believe him and you're saved.

However, the moment you get saved, you are a new born baby.... A new creature ( a bible verse supports this but I could be bothered to check it out).
Do you cut off the head of a new born child after it shits on the carpet Of course not! Why then will you deem a new christian to eternal damnation over a "misstep"

In John 10:28-30, Jesus says:
“I give them eternal life, and
they shall never perish; no
one can snatch them out of
my hand. My Father, who has
given them to me, is greater
than all; no one can snatch
them out of my Father's hand.
I and the Father are one."

Jesus said "NO ONE". Meaning not anybody or anything.
If jesus himself says this, who else can contradict him.

When Paul wrote to the corinthians; he started with "To the saints in...."

He said "saints" to a group of people with envying, strife, factionalism, moral decadence (someone in there was sleeping with his father's wife) and what have you........and yet he still called them saints....God's Elect.

In his letter to the Galatians, he called them fools; he asked who has bewitched them......

And yet he blesses God for them.

In Paul's letter to T.B joshua.....

Make we leave that one gringringrin

Scrolling through the scriptures ; we can see that whenever Paul mentions those who won't make heaven (idolaters, witches, what have you) he always reiterates that the spirit has cleansed you of these.

He always emphasizes that you're not mortal anymore, ye are spiritual beings...

So yeah, I guess they're right.

There are examples
Re: Will A Born-again Christian Who Dies While Committing A Sin Go To Heaven? by Xlad(m): 5:02pm On Nov 13, 2016
I don't think so.

Billyonaire:
There is no sin but misdeeds, there is no heaven. So your question doesnt exist.
Re: Will A Born-again Christian Who Dies While Committing A Sin Go To Heaven? by Elthugnificent(m): 5:10pm On Nov 13, 2016
Yes o, na hell fire get you straight.

But if you are a certified sinner and on the point of dead you give your life to christ, he will accept you with open arms and when you die you get to go to heaven.

You can't help it but to love christianity. Lol
Re: Will A Born-again Christian Who Dies While Committing A Sin Go To Heaven? by orunto27: 5:11pm On Nov 13, 2016
He will go but will be judged at The Throne of Grace before entering. And Jesus will be his Advocate.
Re: Will A Born-again Christian Who Dies While Committing A Sin Go To Heaven? by Xlad(m): 5:16pm On Nov 13, 2016
Yes, this I can agree

Elthugnificent:
Yes o, na hell fire get you straight.

But if you are a certified sinner and on the point of dead you give your life to christ, he will accept you with open arms and when you die you get to go to heaven.

You can't help it but to love christianity. Lol
Re: Will A Born-again Christian Who Dies While Committing A Sin Go To Heaven? by elipheleh(m): 5:20pm On Nov 13, 2016
To anwser straight about the man who drank, the bible didnt condemn a little drink here and there. The bible only condemnd any act that destroys this body of ours (the temple of the Holy Spirit).
The Bible says he who destroys this body Him God will destroy.

So drinking to stupor or even eating rice till it comes out of your nose are equally destroying of this temple.

And the new testament only judges a man only if his consciense picks him.

So if your dead friend as a Christian was pricked in his conscience ( a department under human spirit) then he was already condemned. If not pricked,then God sees nothing wrong with that.

"that if our heart should condemn us, that God is greater than our heart, and He knows all things."
1st John 3:20
WHAT IS SIN?

In the context of the New Testament, sin is not possible for a Christian as we know it. Christian cannot sin in the manner of dos and donts. We can't be condemned by what we do or say
David was speaking about our own new race covenant when he said
"Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spiritthere is no guile."
Psalm 32:2

I know it is a hard saying to wrap our mind around the concept that no matter what a New Testament believer dos he cannot sin.
Under heavenly law Jesus contracted for us there is no word as sin as we already define it. Righteousness cannot be gotten by works so also sin cannot be committed by works.

Righteousness is by faith and believe and beliefs ,so also sin (under the new law of freedom) is gotten by negative faith and beliefs.

Now for Christians bible define sin as lack of faith.
What is new testament sin?

"But whoever has doubts is condemned if they eat, because their eating is not from faith; and everything that does not come from faith is sin."
Romans 14:23
In part b of verse 23 Paul defined new testament sin.

So sin is defined by Paul as whatever that is done without faith. Sin is unbelieve. Sin is self condemnation. Sin is doubt about your God's given gift of righteousness

So if you as a Christian does something and your conscience does not condemn you, then you are blameless before God and heaven.
This is loopholed right? NO. What if the man has killed his conscience and is dead in consciense?
NOT POSSIBLE.

Once a man is born again God recreates a new heart (heart here means spirrit) in him. And consciense is one of the 3 parts of human spirit. In other words the mans consciense is birth afresh also with new birth in Christ.

So a Christian cannot successfully convince his consciense not to prick him. So anything you or the devil can convince you you are a sinner.then you are condwmned.

To know your rights and devils trick on your conscience,Christians must study God's word continually to know his rights and
Re: Will A Born-again Christian Who Dies While Committing A Sin Go To Heaven? by fhelihx(m): 5:26pm On Nov 13, 2016
That's hell straight and direct.
Re: Will A Born-again Christian Who Dies While Committing A Sin Go To Heaven? by Elthugnificent(m): 5:26pm On Nov 13, 2016
Xlad:
Yes, this I can agree
Maybe I should start putting up my sarcasm sign whenever I put a comment.
That's by the way, but you really think that's a good justice system?
Re: Will A Born-again Christian Who Dies While Committing A Sin Go To Heaven? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Nov 13, 2016
And you ask yourself, is the Bible really against alcohol?
Re: Will A Born-again Christian Who Dies While Committing A Sin Go To Heaven? by Xlad(m): 5:36pm On Nov 13, 2016
What if we replace the drunkard with a prostitute and the sin involved with fornication, so u mean the person will still go to heaven even if the prostitute died while fornicating?

SirWere:
I actually stumbled on this proposal while doing a totally different church assigment and it checks out basically.

The basic idea for salvation is Jesus coming to die, ressurect,and believe him and you're saved.

However, the moment you get saved, you are a new born baby.... A new creature ( a bible verse supports this but I could be bothered to check it out).
Do you cut off the head of a new born child after it shits on the carpet Of course not! Why then will you deem a new christian to eternal damnation over a "misstep"

In John 10:28-30, Jesus says:
“I give them eternal life, and
they shall never perish; no
one can snatch them out of
my hand. My Father, who has
given them to me, is greater
than all; no one can snatch
them out of my Father's hand.
I and the Father are one."

Jesus said "NO ONE". Meaning not anybody or anything.
If jesus himself says this, who else can contradict him.

When Paul wrote to the corinthians; he started with "To the saints in...."

He said "saints" to a group of people with envying, strife, factionalism, moral decadence (someone in there was sleeping with his father's wife) and what have you........and yet he still called them saints....God's Elect.

In his letter to the Galatians, he called them fools; he asked who has bewitched them......

And yet he blesses God for them.

In Paul's letter to T.B joshua.....

Make we leave that one gringringrin

Scrolling through the scriptures ; we can see that whenever Paul mentions those who won't make heaven (idolaters, witches, what have you) he always reiterates that the spirit has cleansed you of these.

He always emphasizes that you're not mortal anymore, ye are spiritual beings...

So yeah, I guess they're right.

There are examples
Re: Will A Born-again Christian Who Dies While Committing A Sin Go To Heaven? by Xlad(m): 5:37pm On Nov 13, 2016
Mediator97:
And you ask yourself, is the Bible really against alcohol?

What if we replace the drunkard with a prostitute and the sin involved with fornication, so u mean the person will still go to heaven even if the prostitute died while fornicating
Re: Will A Born-again Christian Who Dies While Committing A Sin Go To Heaven? by Xlad(m): 5:38pm On Nov 13, 2016
What if we replace the drunkard with a prostitute and the sin involved with fornication, so u mean the person will still go to heaven even if the prostitute died while fornicating

elipheleh:
In the context of the New Testament, sin is not possible for a Christian as we know it. Christian cannot sin in the manner of dos and donts. We can't be condemned by what we do or say
David was speaking about our own new race covenant when he said
"Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spiritthere is no guile."
Psalm 32:2

I know it is a hard saying to wrap our mind around the concept that no matter what a New Testament believer dos he cannot sin.
Under heavenly law Jesus contracted for us there is no word as sin as we already define it. Righteousness cannot be gotten by works so also sin cannot be committed by works.

Righteousness is by faith and believe and beliefs ,so also sin (under the new law of freedom) is gotten by negative faith and beliefs.

Now for Christians bible define sin as lack of faith.
What is new testament sin?

But I will attempt to use this word
Still typing...
Re: Will A Born-again Christian Who Dies While Committing A Sin Go To Heaven? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Nov 13, 2016
Xlad:
What if we replace the drunkard with a prostitute and the sin involved with fornication, so u mean the person will still go to heaven even if the prostitute died while fornicating?

Yep.
Re: Will A Born-again Christian Who Dies While Committing A Sin Go To Heaven? by Xlad(m): 5:47pm On Nov 13, 2016
How? I don't think so ooh. Sin is sin
SirWere:

Yep.
Re: Will A Born-again Christian Who Dies While Committing A Sin Go To Heaven? by elipheleh(m): 5:58pm On Nov 13, 2016
Xlad:

Laughable. If a Christian (not an already dead consciense sinner) can successfully fornicate and his consciense does not prick him, then he is free.
I laugh because that is impossible. So my man if you dey do strong head saying na lie, my conscience no prick me, you are deceiving yourself, not God, because God is greater than your consciense and he sees it secretly.

"that if our heart should condemn us, that God is greater than our heart, and He knows all things.
"
1st John 3:20
Re: Will A Born-again Christian Who Dies While Committing A Sin Go To Heaven? by TI1919(m): 7:56pm On Nov 13, 2016
Xlad:
Happy sunday.
My friends and I are arguing about this topic. If for example; a person goes to church, is saved, a born-again christian and then he goes out to a bar and gets drunk and is killed in a car accident, will he still go to heaven?
Although I'm not judging but I have tried to convince them that since the man died in SIN, he will not make Heaven, but they are arguing that he will make Heaven because he is already saved and that Jesus Christ will mediate on behalf of the man to the Father God. They are currently backing it up with these scriptures:
(1 John 2:1-2 NIV) [1] My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. [2] He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.
(Romans 8:1 NIV) Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus
[color=#990000][/color]

One thing you need to know as a Christian about being born again is:

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; old things have passed away; behold all things have become new.

Therefore:

What is it therefore
In 2 corinthians 5:15 the bible says

"And he died for all, that those who live should live no longer for themselves, but for him who died for them and rose again.

If anyone is in Christ:

Those that are in what do they seek after

They seek to live no longer for themselves, so, it's clear the person you're talking about was not properly converted. The bible says and those who are in Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections.

Now, talking about if he will make heaven or not

Here is my opinion

I am a Christian not because I want to make heaven but because being a Christian is the right thing to do in life.

If you're devoted to Christ because of heaven then you are a harlot.

Supposed there is no heaven

Will you continue your devotion to Christ

Some are devoted to him because he will make them rich.

These are wrong motives for any Christian.

Now, your friend is already gone face front, how do you face front

The bible says in Philippians 2:5
Have this attitude in you which was in Christ Jesus.

When you focus to live your life having Jesus as your focus you will go far in life.
Life does not consists of Possessions.
Re: Will A Born-again Christian Who Dies While Committing A Sin Go To Heaven? by Thepasserby(m): 5:07pm On Nov 14, 2016
Xlad:
Happy sunday.

[color=#990000][/color]

Well I am not God so I can't say what will become of the man after death but this is for sure.

And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: Heb 9:27 (KJV)

As for salvation, it is not a thing we obtain once and for all, it is something of a daily race.

Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, so now, not only as in my presence but much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling, Phil 2:12 (ESV)

He has compromised his faith and that may lead him to hell. Christ the mediator mediates before the judgement but after the judgement is made, the law must take It's full course.

Finally, since He has been born again before, this is what the Bible has to say about him.

For it is impossible, in the case of those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, and have shared in the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the age to come, and then have fallen away, to restore them again to repentance, since they are crucifying once again the Son of God to their own harm and holding him up to contempt. Heb 6:4-6 (ESV)

This is my conclusion of the whole matter, the man died in sin and shall be treated like a sinner.
Re: Will A Born-again Christian Who Dies While Committing A Sin Go To Heaven? by Thepasserby(m): 5:13pm On Nov 14, 2016
KILODE1000:

Is there Any difference between Five Alive and Gulder?

(1) (Reply)

Proved: Atheists More Intelligent Than Religious People / The Teachings Of Nagualism: 17. A WORTHY OPPONENT. / Bennyann: Is This Another Liar Or A Case Of Eye Problem?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.