Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,618 members, 7,809,270 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:04 AM

Col. Umar To Sue MTN Over Fraudulent Deductions - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Col. Umar To Sue MTN Over Fraudulent Deductions (11382 Views)

Court Awards N5m To Ezuku Emmanuel Anenih Who Sued MTN For Illegal Deductions / Reverse Airtime Back To my Bank Account, I Want To Sue MTN / Appeal Court Awards 3M Plus Against MTN Over Unwanted Test Messages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Col. Umar To Sue MTN Over Fraudulent Deductions by OlatunbosunAb13: 9:46am On Nov 14, 2016
NevetsIbot:
He should. I still remember howthey deducted my 200 for callertunez that i ddnt apply for
Thanks my dear colonel kindly save the millions of Nigerians from the clutches of this multi scamming org. call MTN who has continuously short changed innocent nigerians through these outrageous and unsolicited messages. I am currently experiencing the same dilemma. It is high time they were held responsible for their exploitative tendencies.
Re: Col. Umar To Sue MTN Over Fraudulent Deductions by HoldenCaulfield(m): 9:47am On Nov 14, 2016
Re: Col. Umar To Sue MTN Over Fraudulent Deductions by OgaTheTop2: 9:55am On Nov 14, 2016
Walahi, MTN is so annoying. They did exactly same thing to me too. Col, abeg no forget my share of the money when MTN pays.

Just what's my business with MTN 'Laugh Out Loud' for goodness sake angry
Re: Col. Umar To Sue MTN Over Fraudulent Deductions by johnjay4u2u(m): 9:57am On Nov 14, 2016
I am next to sue them. yeye network
Re: Col. Umar To Sue MTN Over Fraudulent Deductions by sirp2007: 10:07am On Nov 14, 2016
Mosthandsomeboy:
Because of 50 naira
A thief is nt define by how much he/she steals bt by d act.
Re: Col. Umar To Sue MTN Over Fraudulent Deductions by EazyMoh(m): 10:09am On Nov 14, 2016
Guyman02:
I want to be a party to this suit, enough of this rubbish from MTN, at least Glo and Etisalat allow you to send a code to subscribe all by yourself while MTN subscribes you automatically and deduct from your airtime balance

Its getting worse these days as they have devised a new means of getting you to subscribe to what you dont know, as you are dialing your phone you will suddenly see a screen appear asking you to subscribe to Tips on Cholera for N50/week and without reading you click OK with the mindset that the screen will vanish without knowing you have been subscribed, there are people who are subscribed to up 10 VAS they never subscribed.

To check the services stealing your money Dial on MTN *123*5*1# select 2 and for services Dial *123*5*2# select 8

1 Like

Re: Col. Umar To Sue MTN Over Fraudulent Deductions by nell2: 10:12am On Nov 14, 2016
Gbam. I go testify too.
Re: Col. Umar To Sue MTN Over Fraudulent Deductions by Nobody: 10:13am On Nov 14, 2016
HarmonyDee:
Thank you sir! MTN must be punished ..daylight robbers,very annoying they steal from you and you are helpless

Hello Harmony! You look really cool and beautiful too.
Re: Col. Umar To Sue MTN Over Fraudulent Deductions by EazyMoh(m): 10:15am On Nov 14, 2016
Horo:
but the option to opt out is fully spell out
No Oga! Most times how to unsubsidized is a very difficult process, you either have to Google or call customer care. I have seen people who have changed sim cards or stopped recharging because of all these unsolicited subscriptions.
Sometimes they will even give you a free one week/month subscription to a certain service only to start charging you subsequently when it expires.
What they do is unexcusable!
Re: Col. Umar To Sue MTN Over Fraudulent Deductions by omofela85(m): 10:15am On Nov 14, 2016
veekid:

who ll sue nairaland for locking us out of the other room this early morning without any explanation?
thought it was only me
Re: Col. Umar To Sue MTN Over Fraudulent Deductions by Rottymil(m): 10:31am On Nov 14, 2016
Because of 50 naira [/quote] 50 naira multply by 70 million equals to 3.5 billion are you sleeping
Re: Col. Umar To Sue MTN Over Fraudulent Deductions by Collins0609(m): 10:31am On Nov 14, 2016
If he is a poor man,u wil see online trolls taging him 'poverty stricken being'

1 Like

Re: Col. Umar To Sue MTN Over Fraudulent Deductions by olysexy(f): 10:34am On Nov 14, 2016
if only its true... ill stand as a witness too.... bt as usual big men and big company toil with the low incomers.... and make una check my signature for better ogbonge intimacy gadget for cheap prices oooo... ndewo

1 Like

Re: Col. Umar To Sue MTN Over Fraudulent Deductions by thunderbabs: 10:34am On Nov 14, 2016
Official robbers....if you need more seasoned lawyers sir...holla @ me smiley Mtn has been killing us softly
Re: Col. Umar To Sue MTN Over Fraudulent Deductions by buffalowings: 10:36am On Nov 14, 2016
Collins0609:
If he is a poor man,u wil see online trolls taging him 'poverty stricken being'

Maybe that was why my post of the same thing happening to me didn't reach fp

https://www.nairaland.com/3457538/mtn-newest-scam-customers

1 Like

Re: Col. Umar To Sue MTN Over Fraudulent Deductions by Agozie48: 10:36am On Nov 14, 2016
me too I concur in fact after you am the next person to sue them broad day light robbers
Re: Col. Umar To Sue MTN Over Fraudulent Deductions by jhydebaba(m): 10:41am On Nov 14, 2016
It is not only MTN, sue GLO too plus AIRTEL and ETISALAT join.

One old mama using AIRTEL just dey lament the other day. She just can't comprehend why 200 recharge card can't make few minutes call. I just dey laugh inside say AIRTEL don do mama strong thing.

On my part with GLO, I called customer, I was directed on how to opt out, I did but my account balance keeps getting low even without a call. I don't even know why the money is being deducted.

Haba! I can't recharge 100 and get it back in one piece after two days without calling or sending message and I always subscribe for data.

I don tire for all the network but where is NCC in all of these Na only to collect bribe and fine den know.
Re: Col. Umar To Sue MTN Over Fraudulent Deductions by Agimor(m): 10:43am On Nov 14, 2016
Somebody needs to sue Seun for unlawful deprivation to air our view this morning.

1 Like

Re: Col. Umar To Sue MTN Over Fraudulent Deductions by Jakasibo(m): 10:44am On Nov 14, 2016
Seconded
Re: Col. Umar To Sue MTN Over Fraudulent Deductions by DeGee17: 10:45am On Nov 14, 2016
jstmee:

http://saharareporters.com/2016/11/12/col-umar-sue-mtn-over-fraudulent-deductions-unsolicited-sms

if i can be opportune to feature in the court i will be glad to witness against them(mtn)

1 Like

Re: Col. Umar To Sue MTN Over Fraudulent Deductions by fpeter(f): 10:47am On Nov 14, 2016
Mosthandsomeboy:
Because of 50 naira

This right her is the problem of today's youths. You are not smart enough to see
the bigger picture. It is not the amount that was deducted that matters but the
fraud and total disregard of the complainant's wishes...the whites take us for granted
because they know somehow people with your type of idea would never understand
Re: Col. Umar To Sue MTN Over Fraudulent Deductions by babtuns76(m): 11:02am On Nov 14, 2016
[quote author=jstmee post=51016146]

http://saharareporters.com/2016/11/12/col-umar-sue-mtn-over-fraudulent-deductions-unsolicited-sms[/quote (The Government Must Stop Them for that is common Among All The Net Works.)

Re: Col. Umar To Sue MTN Over Fraudulent Deductions by simongbafe: 11:10am On Nov 14, 2016
MTN are crooks! They have masterminded this trickery to steal call credit from unsuspecting users nationwide and this has been happening for years now! MTN is a cunning and crafty company that have acted dubiously on Nigerian soil, stealing from the very same customers that have made them earn so much money from our country, and they deserve to be punished severely and be required by law to make refunds to their customers. I discovered the continuous pattern/trend of deductions over a period and decided to investigate further by buying N800:00k worth of credit on my MTN line and I decided NOT to make a single call from the line, since I have other lines (GLO, AIRTEL, ETISALAT)!

To my surprise, as I checked my credit on a weekly basis, my call credit started going down! I initially thought it was the Caller Tunes/Ring Back Tones that had been IMPOSED on me by MTN that was deducting my money! It was not, and I couldn't figure out what the application was either. And neither was it my internet DATA connection (I willfully use only data connection from GLO), as their customer support team tried to sell this dummy to me severally ! But I realized that different POPUP messages are regularly seen on the screen of my phone, requesting you to either choose to ACCEPT or CANCEL, and these POPUP messages are willfully sent by MTN to their subscribers and compelling you to subscribe for one service or another. If you attempt to pull out your phone from the pocket, in order to view the message that just arrived on the phone, the fingers might mistakenly click on the ACCEPT button on the POPUP message and thereby subscribing you to a service you do not intend to be subscribed for.

This is MTN's trick mechanism that they use to steal money/call credit from our phones nationwide! After I made some noise in their office at Saka Tinubu Street, Victoria Island a few months back, I was given a call credit N200:00k to test whether the trend continues as they fictitiously claimed they couldn't find any reason for such deductions and neither have they done anything to forestall such problem! It's a lie, they know exactly what they are doing! I left and continue to observe till this day and the issue continues as I write. What I have decided to do is to never recharge my MTN line again, they can block the line if they want. They will be the ones to lose customers on a daily basis.

MTN are a thieving company and they are crooked and crafty. I will be too will to be a witness in the court against these criminal-minded company who take the pleasure of stealing from their loyal customers. I have been a MTN customer for over 15 years and yet they have no regards for their honourable customers!

Yes! Let us take these criminals to court and I have every evidence to prove how they have stolen my unused call credits from me over the years!

1 Like

Re: Col. Umar To Sue MTN Over Fraudulent Deductions by Tojued: 11:11am On Nov 14, 2016
Please he should provide his lawyers' contacts. We are interested.
Re: Col. Umar To Sue MTN Over Fraudulent Deductions by Tojued: 11:19am On Nov 14, 2016
thunderbabs:
Official robbers....if you need more seasoned lawyers sir...holla @ me smiley Mtn has been killing us softly

Please i'm personally interested in taking MTN to court. If you're a full time lawyer we need ideas. If they receive 50 cases every month its something. Even if we don't win the cases, simply instituting action is very important.
Re: Col. Umar To Sue MTN Over Fraudulent Deductions by omotoyecable(f): 11:32am On Nov 14, 2016
Abeg sue them on my behalf too. Would forward the message i got after subscribing me for game+ as a further proof. I think MTN is doing this because of the fine they paid to NNC, trying to get their money back through this means.
Re: Col. Umar To Sue MTN Over Fraudulent Deductions by Gariga: 11:35am On Nov 14, 2016
Thank u sir. I've always said that until someone takes MTN to court it will not stop its fraudulent practices. MTN is pain in the ass. Other network providers should also take note.
Re: Col. Umar To Sue MTN Over Fraudulent Deductions by solacong: 11:47am On Nov 14, 2016
I have learnt my lessons, any time you received such unfair deduction, don't bother calling the customer agent crap, many of them don't know anything, just send them mail, you can abuse them join sef, they will refund your money shap shap.

at least i don collect my money back like that up to 3 times
Re: Col. Umar To Sue MTN Over Fraudulent Deductions by Cindy08: 11:48am On Nov 14, 2016
Very good ideal
Re: Col. Umar To Sue MTN Over Fraudulent Deductions by adaxxy: 12:01pm On Nov 14, 2016
I support him too ,
Mtn deducted money for my korokoro eye for messages I did not send and as God go catch them my phone was on the table in front of me when the alert for messages I did not send to international number,
Abi I don get invisible fingers ni wey dey type the messages.
Re: Col. Umar To Sue MTN Over Fraudulent Deductions by petermoblix: 12:11pm On Nov 14, 2016
I dey ur back sir call me wen d time com.in fact include bank
Re: Col. Umar To Sue MTN Over Fraudulent Deductions by trademoore1: 12:16pm On Nov 14, 2016
Horo:
but the option to opt out is fully spell out
And when you opt out..they don't listen. They keep sending you messages.. don't you live in Nigeria?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Introducing The All New Thl 4000 / Which One Should I Buy Between (infinix Note 3 Pro And Tecno Camon Cx) / 10 Ways Nigerian Telecom Providers Frustrate Nigerians Everyday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.