Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,995 members, 7,821,474 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

My Computer Freezes Abnormally (what Can I Do) - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Computer Freezes Abnormally (what Can I Do) (1275 Views)

Runtime Error On Win Server 2003 & Server Freezes Or Hangs / Computer Shuts Down Abnormally / Win Xp Service Pack 2 Freezes My Pc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Computer Freezes Abnormally (what Can I Do) by lissom: 7:41am On Jan 05, 2007
My pc freezes and its getting frustrating cos I might be in the middle of something very important and I would have to restart it.
when it first started i took it to my engineer and he formatted drive C and left drive D cos at the time it started freezing i hadnt used Drive D for bout 3 weeks and after he formatted it the freezing reduced abit but it dint stop.sometimes it would freeze after like 20mins sometimes it could last hours but if I opened some programs which i need to,it would freeze.I thought formatting was to stop it completely but since it didnt and i dont want to take my pc back to dem engineers cos i know they gon charge me alot of money even if its a minor problem
I know some of you might have experienced similar problems and would appreciate if anyone here could tell me what to do.
thanks
Re: My Computer Freezes Abnormally (what Can I Do) by JosBoy4Lif(m): 7:42am On Jan 05, 2007
hey lissom, you don;t know how to format?
is it a Laptop or PC??
Re: My Computer Freezes Abnormally (what Can I Do) by ishmael(m): 12:34pm On Jan 05, 2007
Is it a desktop or laptop?? re-formatting the hard drive may not be the solution. I want to believe the operating systems is win xp?? if it is xp you need to repair the operating system (i.e. win xp) using the installation cd without loosing any data, but if it still continues then you have to crash it and loose all data in the hard drive.
Re: My Computer Freezes Abnormally (what Can I Do) by alexis(m): 9:33pm On Jan 05, 2007
I will bet $100 USD that your OS is Microsh*t grin. My advice, get rid of it and use something robust and stable i.e Unix (linux) and have your piece of mind.
Re: My Computer Freezes Abnormally (what Can I Do) by hilliest: 4:15pm On Jan 09, 2007
Take it to an Engineer and ask him to repair the system, by installing operating system .
He will only repair with operating system and ask him not to format the system. with that i am sure it will stop that.
Re: My Computer Freezes Abnormally (what Can I Do) by hilliest: 4:21pm On Jan 09, 2007
Take it to an engineer and ask him to repair with operating system without formating the hard disk. I am sure the problem will be solved.
Re: My Computer Freezes Abnormally (what Can I Do) by bug24(m): 4:58pm On Jan 09, 2007
Formattign the PC may not be the solution. whats the Hard disk Make? I bet its Maxtor. Bros, abeg change your hard disk. install fresh copy of OS.
Re: My Computer Freezes Abnormally (what Can I Do) by Fdeveloper(m): 5:17pm On Jan 09, 2007
I hate to contradict all you Windows haters out there but have you considered the possibility that it's a hardware fault that's causing the problem? I have experienced similar problems in the past which was eventually traced to faulty memory.

I think it's generally more productive to be somewhat more objective rather than just blindly blaming Windows for everything that goes wrong with a computer.
Re: My Computer Freezes Abnormally (what Can I Do) by blackweaver(m): 6:00pm On Jan 09, 2007
Fdeveloper:

have you considered the possibility that it's a hardware fault that's causing the problem?

i agree that is probably the case especially since it's been reformatted; what kind of hardware do you have? p2/p3/p4 etc, what's the clock speed? 1ghz? more? less?
also i would recommend that when next you start it, go to the bios settings (you'll probably have to press f2 or delete or some other button when ur pc is just coming on.) check the hardware monitor and see the cpu watch the cpu temperature for a while; if it exceeds 70 degrees u probably need to change ur cpu fan or it might be something else there
Re: My Computer Freezes Abnormally (what Can I Do) by adewaleafolabi(m): 6:06pm On Jan 09, 2007
it could also be a user error probably using bad driver. this happened to me when i installed my modem and it kept on restarting my pc
Re: My Computer Freezes Abnormally (what Can I Do) by bug24(m): 1:50pm On Jan 10, 2007
alright, what then do we say is the solution to this problem? watching the clock speed, memory or the hardware?

(1) (Reply)

Please Help: My Laptop Does Not 'see' Removable Media Except Cds / It Security Seminar And Training In Nigeria / Advise On Browsing With Starcomms Evdo on Mac OS X

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.