Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,731 members, 7,955,783 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:59 PM

Nigerian Embassy Refused To Issue Nigerian Passport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Embassy Refused To Issue Nigerian Passport (926 Views)

Stranded Nigerian Mom & Kids Sleep Outside Nigerian Embassy In Germany / UAE cancels Three months tourist visa for Nigerian Passport Holders / The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Embassy Refused To Issue Nigerian Passport by dotcomnamename: 11:48am On Nov 14, 2016
Does anyone know the contact email or phone number of Passport Office headquarter in Abuja.

My son was refused a Nigerian passport at the Nigerian embassy in Dublin, we've done capturing already and we were given collection slip, only to come for collection and was told by the officer in charge that they can't issue my son a Nigerian passport on the ground that the mother is currently not in a possession of a Nigerian passport. I was shocked because i've never heard that before that both parents must be in a possession of Nigerian passport before their child can be entitled to a Nigerian passport. However, after checking the embassy website, its stated that ''Photocopy of the passport data page of the father and mother''. The fact that i am a Nigerian and i have Nigerian passport my son should be entitled to a Nigerian passport. The same embassy issued two Nigerian passports few months to my two children and they never request for such and i told them, they said that was then because the requirements has changed. Is that not a breach of human rights? What if the mother is not even a Nigerian? I don't get that. undecided Anyone with the passport office headquarter's email or phone number please angry
Re: Nigerian Embassy Refused To Issue Nigerian Passport by optimusprime2(m): 9:24am On Nov 18, 2016
dotcomnamename:
Does anyone know the contact email or phone number of Passport Office headquarter in Abuja.

My son was refused a Nigerian passport at the Nigerian embassy in Dublin, we've done capturing already and we were given collection slip, only to come for collection and was told by the officer in charge that they can't issue my son a Nigerian passport on the ground that the mother is currently not in a possession of a Nigerian passport. I was shocked because i've never heard that before that both parents must be in a possession of Nigerian passport before their child can be entitled to a Nigerian passport. However, after checking the embassy website, its stated that ''Photocopy of the passport data page of the father and mother''. The fact that i am a Nigerian and i have Nigerian passport my son should be entitled to a Nigerian passport. The same embassy issued two Nigerian passports few months to my two children and they never request for such and i told them, they said that was then because the requirements has changed. Is that not a breach of human rights? What if the mother is not even a Nigerian? I don't get that. undecided Anyone with the passport office headquarter's email or phone number please angry

Sorry about the inconvenience bro, normally your son should be easily given the passport on the grounds of you being Nigerian, but if they told you requirements changed, then you have two options;

1- Assuming he has an Irish passport, get a visa for the boy and have his passport done in Nigeria, it would be a lot easier.

2- If you are truly Nigerian, then of course "you know the drill"- unfortunately thats what the situation begs for at the moment.
Either ways you get the passport. You win on both sides.

It's up to you though- because calling authorities from "Outside" Nigeria, won't make any difference... Trust me.
Re: Nigerian Embassy Refused To Issue Nigerian Passport by Nobody: 4:58pm On Nov 18, 2016
why don't you just show them your Nigerian passport so he can be issued a Nigeria passport. anybody can claim Nigeria but we need to show documents to prove your claim.
Re: Nigerian Embassy Refused To Issue Nigerian Passport by dotcomnamename: 10:35pm On Nov 20, 2016
WinningSun:
why don't you just show them your Nigerian passport so he can be issued a Nigeria passport. anybody can claim Nigeria but we need to show documents to prove your claim.

They have copy of my Nigerian passport, i showed them the original already. sad

(1) (Reply)

Cameroon Travel / List Of Local Airports In Nigeria / Black Friday At Kwata Junction,where A Shuttle Was Hit By Trailer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.