Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,816 members, 7,824,390 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (637947 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking1: 7:30pm On Jul 01, 2007
@big spif

I agree with Balogun that you should take your whole family to a doctor, but just for a temporizing answer, your suspicion of diabetes and uncomfortable feelings after certain foods indicates a need to be evaluated for diabetes.

Your loss of libido is another reason.

Are you obese?

At your age, your whole system will thank "you" for an early intervention- your brain, kidney, gastrointestinal tract, urinary and reproductive systems, and even musculoskeletal systems could take a hit if your diabetes is not diagnosed and managed early.

Is your 8-month old wearing diapers, if so, you should know that diaper rash is the most common cause of the symptoms you're describing.

What to do?

Keep the area clean and dry and you'll see a dramatic improvement soon.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Badero(m): 3:26pm On Jul 02, 2007
Dr Balogun (In-House Doctor), Thanks so much for this wonderful job. I would like you to educate me more on Premature Ejaculation. How can one control it and so on. You may contact me through my email adddress : adetunjilaja@yahoo.com or tru my number : 08035964963
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by uchetobi(f): 9:03am On Jul 03, 2007
Doctors well-done. More power to your elbows. I have a lil question that is gynaecological related. Am 21(been seeing my periods for about nine yrs now) yes and I see my period like between 30- 35 days. That is its not regular. Unlike other girls I still cant say the specific day am expecting my period. Tho I can guess the week. 30-35 days also mean I get eleven period in a year instead of twelve.
Second and most pressing is that the 2nd / 3rd week after my period I get blood colored discharge. I actually think it may be ovulation but it lasts as long as 3 to 4 days and I don’t think ovulation lasts that long. Iv been too busy with work and all to see a doctor can you pls tell me if my worries are in order

Thanx in advance
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by funweez(f): 10:39pm On Jul 15, 2007
hello docs,
i need to know what could be causing my frequent urination,its so bad that it comes so sharply without warning and i can barely hold it and have to go immeadiately.
Also i tend to have a bloated tummy which is so uncomfortable especially close to my periods and sharp pains in my sides(waist regions).
Any advise pls? Thank you and keep up the good work. smiley
By the way i am in my mid twenties with no known family diseases.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by bigspif(m): 4:49pm On Jul 19, 2007
@naijaking1
Thanks for your response, no im not obese though ive lost weight over the period of 3 years and im not skinny too. Yeah the diapher theory was the problem and it worked.
@all the doctors in the house,
Please what does it take to do a thorough check up, as in what test should i conduct, especially for diabetes, hepatatis etc. I really want to go for the whole works as in check-up but i dont even know where to begin. Your response will be appreciated as usual.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking1: 1:25am On Jul 21, 2007
@funweez

You have what is called increased urinary frequency, b/c you have to go very often.

You also have dysuria or pain with urination.

At your age, many factors could be responsible for your situation, so just eliminate them as we go along:

1. Instrumentation- ie rough sex, not really no.1 cause, you know.
2. Urinary tract infection, introducing bacteria mostly from behind, sex, or the environment like your underwear, also anatomical from malformed urethra and ureters.
3. Kidney stones, or abnormal precipitations in the urine
4. Sexually transmitted diseases, like chlamydia
5. Incontinence- if you have small "accidents" on your underwear
6. Diabetes
7. Cancer- always an academic possibilty, but doesn't seem likely in your case-so don't panic.
8. Pre-menstrual syndrome- maybe a different illness from your urinary problems, but explains your monthly bloating.

What to do?

You need to see a dr., so that you can rule out the possibility a very serious condition. You would also need many lab tests, but the most important is urinary analysis with culture/sensitivity.

You need 3-5 days of ciprofloxacin type of antibiotics, bactrim, or 3rd generation cephalosporin. Keep your underwear clean and dry, and go through the list above. If this doesn't help, then you need to rule out anatomical defects or congenital malformation in your urinary system, but I'm sure you will be fine, because 70-80% of u.t.i like yours is managed similarly.

Your PMS may be manged with Ibuprofen(I don't know under what name they sell it in naija), you need 800mg with food 3 times a day for the pain.

Make sure you have no allergies b/4 taking any medications.

@big spiff
I'm glad your little one got some relief. Good luck.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by bignero: 5:26pm On Jul 21, 2007
hi doc
grin
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking1: 5:54pm On Jul 21, 2007
Boil like swelling around the anus may be called pilonidal cyst or truck driver's disease. I

f you sit for a long time, sweat creats a thriving environment for bacteria to multiple around the hair shafts.

This condition is worse if you're fat, diabetic, or have low immune system.
Treatment begins with prevention, ie keeping the area clean and dry, and correcting all underlying factors such as diabetes.

This is different from hemorrhoids or pile

You could obtain relief with warm compress, pain medications like ibuprofen or tylenol.

If you have fever, then you need some antibiotics like keflex for 5 days.

You should go to your doc. to see if it need surgical drainage and dressing, if it persists.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by dejoski: 6:48pm On Jul 21, 2007
hi doc.
i need hekp my thigh/lap is kinda big or fat alsoi'mhuge andwide can u tellme the best way to reduce tonormal and my feet is too big any hellppls send to dejoski@gmail.com
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lokia(m): 8:50pm On Jul 21, 2007
@all doctors in the house

na wa o.

you guy are dishing out free medical advice when are we going to make mony if you guy re givin everyboy free ads. keep up the good work. i work at LASUTH lagos nigeria and you can guess my speciality.

take care
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking1: 9:23pm On Jul 21, 2007
@lokia

wetin man go do
Your speciality---- psych?

@dejoski

depending on your actual weight, height, you may be called obese or morbidily obese. You definitely need to loose weight, so that your tighs will stop robbing together.

You also need to be evaluated for a general medical condition at this time, you doc. needs to check you for high blood pressure, diabetes, and thyroid function.

More physical activity, less calorie, ie food intake are key to loosing weight. It wouldn't be easy, but you can make it with determination.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by bigspif(m): 12:58pm On Jul 30, 2007
Please i want to know what tests to be done when doing a full medical check up. I am in my middle 30's. Hoping to get a reply from the doctors in the house urgently.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by MyPeace(f): 9:16am On Jul 31, 2007
Pls doctor, when you see a light blood spot mixed with EWCM on the expected day of your Period, what does it signify? Am TTC, and did a blood PG test, which showed Neg, yet till today no Period. Pls advice me urgently.

Thank you,
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 10:22pm On Aug 01, 2007
Big spif. A full medical check involves basic observations which will be your pulse, blood pressure. An ECG/EKG depending where you live. Blood tests to check your blood count, Urea/Electrolytes and liver function test. Blood sugar. Chest xray if you haven't had one done. That would be basic. Anything after that is extra. Status for things like HIV usually involves counselling before the tests.
Mypeace difficult to answer your questions as too many acronyms IYGMD!!!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by MyPeace(f): 8:35am On Aug 02, 2007
Am sorry about that

EWCM   =Egg White Cervical Mucus
TTC    = Trying to Conceive.
PG = Pregnant
NEG= Negative

Hope you will answer me now.
Thx.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ajolayo(m): 6:03pm On Aug 12, 2007
@ big nero,
Hi. What u have might not be a pilonidal cyst. Does the stuff discharge like a real boil at any time? It could be an ischiorectal abscess. Let a doc see it. I agree it might be a pilonidal cyst though but I'll its better its examined.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by idiat(f): 5:01pm On Aug 14, 2007
hello doctors,

thank you so much for your contribution to this forum,i want u to advise me on the drugs to use to increase my blood
level and also drugs to use to gain weight ,i was ill but am better now but need medications to recover .
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 10:26pm On Aug 14, 2007
Everything Idiat depends on if your illness was a chronic or acute. If you lost weight and blood over long time, it usually takes the same length of time to recover. Iron tablets, vitamin B complex strong and good diet is important. For most of the time the body can only absorb the maximum it is designed to absorb. Any excess will just be wasted. Patience and good diet. If you are a woman, then you might benefit from the extras above
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by bigspif(m): 12:12pm On Aug 15, 2007
Dr Balogun, nice to read ya post again. I been think say you don abandone us waka as we no hear from you for some time now. Keep up the helping spirit cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 6:10pm On Aug 15, 2007
Big spif I de hear oh! Keeping an eye on advice the other doctors are giving. They are giving good advice to the residents of Nairaland
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 7:05pm On Aug 15, 2007
How long does it take before untreated candidaisis results in infertility.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 5:54pm On Aug 16, 2007
Konti. Have you had endoscopy to confirm the fact you have stomach ulcer? Biopsy might show the cause of your ulcer is infective. H pylori is the cause of most ulcers. Most people treat with antibiotics/proton pump inhibitors eg omeprazole, pantoprazole. Antibiotics used are clarithromycin and amoxicillin or metronidazole. See your physician. Important to get the diagnosis correct first. Wrong diagnosis, wrong treatment and you dont get better.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by bigfred(m): 6:21pm On Aug 16, 2007
Dr.Balogun, thank you so much for efforts here. There have been a kind of blockage in my nose,a times it moves from one nostril to the other affecting my breath,and this has been going on for about nine years now. I have seen many doctors concerning, but to no avail. please i need your help.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by olanajim(m): 7:16am On Aug 17, 2007
A young man, in my office told me he is bleeding inside. He is a cool chap. No fight, no illness. Two days ago, he noticed that when he try to spit phlem, it is blood that come out. Now, the blood is becoming frequent. Yet, no pain. What should he do, Doctor? What is his problem?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Attention(f): 3:52pm On Aug 17, 2007
doctor pls advice on ttc
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Attention(f): 12:31pm On Aug 21, 2007
Hi
Balogun,

what is infertility?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Christie(f): 12:57pm On Aug 21, 2007
hello Doctor, please i need advice/information on osteo-arthritis.I've been using arthocare forte but the pain is still there. For how long am i suppose to use this drug? Are there other ways of treating it? Thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by pheesayor(m): 11:58pm On Aug 21, 2007
Hello Docs

My case is quite critical and complex but I'll try to be as brief as possible.

I used to have migraine if I refuse to sleep for @ least 10hrs per day.

Right from time I've not been able to read cos i fall asleep which is quite annoying and affecting my studies.

I also do have boils especially around my private part, inside the ear and at times in my nosetrils.

The most painful is that I do have natural injuries in my mouth that just burst open and is very painful especially when eating, take few days and goes away but comes back in another spot( in the mouth).

Recently I've been having prickling pains in my right lung though does not last for up to a minute and I get tired easily when I run, jog or do any struggle physically with someone (I'm asthmatic though and mine is hereditary). I'm a bit bulky and weigh about 100kg

I suspected HIV (cos of the boils) but a test result came out negative

I'm a GNLD distributor and recently started taking Tre-en-en grain concentrates( which feeds the cells with lipds and sterols) and I have become a bit more energetic but my sleep is still annoying because I lose interest whenever I pick my book to read.

Please I need urgent reply as my semester exams starts soon and I need to burn the midnight candle which I currently cannot do.
Thanks a bunch
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by PTH(m): 12:01am On Aug 22, 2007
@ Fisayo na wao, na one person get all these problems. God be with you though.

The blisters in the mouth may be a sign of lack of vitamin C, take plenty of fruits and vegetables and that shld resolve that if not then see you doctor.
For you pain in the lungs and frequent tiredness, i'll suggest you see a doctor in person.

You're healed in Jesus name brother. No cause for alarm.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by pheesayor(m): 12:15am On Aug 22, 2007
Thanks PTH, but I forgot to add this:
A little research I did on wikipedia(for my sleep) resulted in Narcolepsy which is a neurological condition most characterized by Excessive Daytime Sleepiness (EDS), disturbed nocturnal sleep, confused with insomnia and its a type of dyssomnia.

Pls I need help from the doctors ooo, my case is very critical as my exams starts soon and my school (LASU) just got tougher so there's no more place for lazyness.

MAKE UNA HELP ME OOOOOOOOOOOO
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by PTH(m): 12:16am On Aug 22, 2007
nah i doubt if that's what you have. dont be decieved by big name diseases, seek out a personal physician that can diagnose the real problem. You wont get a solution here.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by pheesayor(m): 12:20am On Aug 22, 2007
yeah but at least useful information to arm myself with before seeing a physician

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.