Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (636649 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by darkroll(m): 10:10pm On Oct 04, 2007
Dr . B , am atcually afraid now .
if i was in Nigeria wld have been easy to go see a doctor , but here in seycheles its hard,

can prescribe for me
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by dollyshow(f): 5:32am On Oct 05, 2007
Balogun:

Dollyshow, I am sorry I missed your question. Pain in the hip, worse with with sitting and lying. Improves with walking. Do you mind my asking how old you are. Is there history of arthritis in the family. How long has the pain been going for. Your doctor has probably given you some anti inflammatory tablets.
Thanks Dr. Balogun, no there has been no history of arthritis in my family , I am 28+, notice the pain after i started gaining weight, but it became intense like 4wks ago now, my doctor gave me Chlomafec sodium injection, tablets, pain reliever, though th epain stopped during this period but came back again, though i dont feel it when i lie own again only when i sit down for a long period of time, getting up is not easy, what should i do again?

omoge25:

@dollyshow
I'm not a doctor (nursing student) just stumbled on this forum but with regards to your pelvic pain did you get a pap smear done when you saw your doctor? if not you might want to look into that and see what the results say.

omoge25, thanks , will get that done straight away, thinking it could be some infections right??
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Olagold(m): 10:18am On Oct 06, 2007
I never knew we have someone like u on nairaland, just coming across this today. I will like to ask u a question. I was drinking a very cold drink sometimes ago and suddenly i felt a sharp pain in my left chest, it is an inner pain in my chest, so i visited a uch Ibadan and they conducted a series of test including an x-ray and this is the report of the x-ray, "patient is rotated. However, the heart is normal in size and contour. No focal lung lesion seen.(the relative transradiancy of the left lung field is due to the aforementioned rotaion." and this is the drugs prescription, swidon 5mg, lexotan 3mg, diclofenac and co-proxamol tab. plz i need ur advise.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking1: 8:30pm On Oct 06, 2007
@olagold

I'm not Balogun, but I'm a naija doctor based in NYC.

Your CXR report seems normal. That you're rotated means that your picture showed that you were not standing or sitting as straight as they wanted you. They might have been unable to exclude some conditions because the picture would not be as clear, otherwise, report sounds good.

Depending on your age and medical condition, a cardiac enzyme profile might be indicated for your chest pain. Did you do an EKG?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by crazyp(f): 2:40pm On Oct 08, 2007
@ any gyneacologist in d house,

a friend of mine got married early this year
and she's been wondering why she's not pregnant yet,
a doc prescribed chlomide 500g for her but nothing has happened
pls can u advise me on what to tell her? tanx.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by larriederm(m): 3:15pm On Oct 09, 2007
dr balogun welldone! God will bless you and ur family
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 8:02pm On Oct 09, 2007
Thanks naijaking 1. I am hoping more docs will help out. Crazyp, getting pregnant is not a simple thing. The drug your friend is on is Clomifene(Clomid) It is used in cases of infertility. If your friend has been trying for less than a year, I think patience is what she needs, not drugs. Did she have any investigations before being put on the tablets. Had she been on contraceptives in the past. The body takes time to readjust to numerous insults we subject it to.
Thanks for your support larriederm
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by VIPICO(m): 11:28pm On Oct 09, 2007
Weldone
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by spoilt(f): 11:38pm On Oct 09, 2007
Dr Balogun and other docs in the house.
I have a friend who is planning for a baby in about a year or two.
She really doesnt want to do the whole pregnancy thing over and over and over again so she plans to take fertility drugs in hopes that it will result in a multiple pregnancy. (Twins or triplets maybe!) She already talked to her doctor about it and was told that she really doesnt need any fertility aid as she already has one kid. She was told it may be illegal even.
Seriously she's hell bent on doing this. She's already shopping for fertility drugs online incase her doctor refuses to prescribe them. She knows the dangers of taking unprescribed drugs. trust me she is well aware.she also knows that there's a possibility she may have a singleton anyway but she still wants to try . she's obsessed with knocking it out in one shot!  She also got very excited because another friend did the same thing and got a set of twins. (two for the work of one!)

anything i can say to her to discourage her?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 11:27am On Oct 10, 2007
Vipico, I am not surprised Coamoxiclav(Augmentin) did not work for your staph aureus. Personally I would use Flucloxacillin. Where was the staph aureus cultured from?
Spoilt, as I like to say, your friend is old enough and ugly enough to make up her own mind. Free country. Fertility drugs should be used by those who have been investigated properly and prescribed by recognised experts in management of fertility.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by VIPICO(m): 2:47pm On Oct 10, 2007
Thanx
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 3:04pm On Oct 10, 2007
@Doctors
I have a younger brother, who has got a wound for over two years now. When drugs are prescribed , he uses it and the puss disappers but after about two weeks they start reappearing. Some have advised that its a problem with the blood, that we should try trad. herbal cure. But when i was reading through a medical book, there was a mention of symptoms of this disease and that's it is very hard to cure and needs continous treatment for 6 moths. I would like to get advise from you pls.

The puss is on his left leg.
The signs are:
-Itching
- Black small round spots
- mucus coming out if he peels it

Thanks.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 7:58am On Oct 11, 2007
Vipico, s aureus from semen. That is new to me! If it is from blood, you would probably be too ill. Maybe it is contamination from skin.
mdsocks, your brother might have an abscess recurring. Antibiotics will not work for that. Might need incision and drainage
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 8:50am On Oct 11, 2007
thanks really
but how do we go about it
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Princesege(m): 6:45pm On Oct 11, 2007
Dr Balogun,
Thank you very much for all your advice and professional answers to all the questions.
We need more Nigerians like you.
May God continue to give you wisdom, divine health and favour in all your ways.

Once again, thank you.

Prince
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking1: 7:59pm On Oct 11, 2007
@Vipico
Even though they cultured staph. from your semen, and then blood; I am almost certain you're dealing with contaminants like Balogun said.

Taking anti-staphylococcal agents will do you no good.

If you're having symptoms, then it's likely you have one or some of the common causes of urethritis, such as chlamydia, gonorrheae, ureaplasma, trichomonas, etc.

The unique property of these bugs is that they are not easily grown on routine culture media, so whenever sample is taken you may end up with no growth, or some contiminats from the environment or your normal skin flora.

Better to emperically treat these recalcitrant organisms, than waste your time hunting for anti-staph agent.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by dany25: 12:03pm On Oct 12, 2007
i want to find out if it is possible that u feel u are pregnant but i went to the hospital and they said is negative and i have not seen my period this month and is far over due.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by abilityman(m): 12:46pm On Oct 14, 2007
MISTAKE sad angry angry
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Joy4real(m): 7:38pm On Oct 16, 2007
Thanks to all Dr(s) in the house.
Could you advise me on which way to go pls.
I have been diagnosed of Non Obstructive Azoospermia, I did FSH test and all the tests there in , all came out fine but the cause of the infertility is unknown. I have also been advised either to go for TESE through surgical means with a few to using it for ICSI in IVF or go for adoption.

can you advise me what to do next. My wife has been carried along throughout all these tests and advice.
Pls I need expert opinions on what to do next. We do not want to adopt but have our own biological children.
Any help will be appreciated.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking1: 11:49pm On Oct 16, 2007
@Joy4real

The diagnosis of non-obstructive azoospermia is quite specific.

I hope the diagnostic team has a high level of accuracy. However, if the diagnosis is correct, the team might be in a position to offer you the appropriate options.

I must tell you that even here in NYC, treatment of the condition is more often listed as a research protocol.

I don't treat infertility, but I call your attention to this article on the use of clomiphene by an Ankra team.

http://www.andrologyjournal.org/cgi/content/abstract/26/6/787

Good luck, and bye the way: adoption is always a good thing even as you and your wife try to solve this problem.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Joy4real(m): 2:44pm On Oct 17, 2007
@Naijaking1,
Thank you for your response. Your linked article was reassuring to certain degree especially the use of clomiphene citrate .
Is it possible to buy this drug off the shelf? Or what do you suggest I sholud to in the administray-tion of the drug?
I hope to get to the route cause of this conditon. I will like to also probe if there could be a testicular reconstruction through surgical means so that fertilisation can occur naturally.

Any comment or advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by MyPeace(f): 3:36pm On Oct 17, 2007
how long have u been married bros?

you sound so stressed out, this is my first time of seeing a man stressing so hard over infertility, rather than a woman. shocked

l pray God answers your prayers.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking1: 5:16pm On Oct 17, 2007
@Joy4real

Unfortunately non-obstructive azoospermia is not usually treated surgically, because unlike the obstructive type that might be surgically relieved, this type has genetic or somatic origin.

Like I said before, the diagnosis is quite specific, and any doctor who is capable of making this diagnosis ought to be able to educate you about therapy.

Such physicians are also usually in a position to offer treatment, because this is a very sub-specialized area of surgery.

If all these don't follow, then I would certainly go for a second opinion, before throwing in the towel.

Don't give up, no matter what!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by perosty(m): 10:15am On Oct 19, 2007
pls what advise or that can be done to enable me come up quickly after my first round to enable satisfy my woman
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by pheesayor(m): 9:28pm On Oct 19, 2007
To Dr. Balogun, thanks for starting this thread,
to naijaking1, ajolayo and the rest who helped diagnosed my problem, I want to say a very BIG Thank You .
I'm still battling with my Obstructive Sleep Apnea cos it hasnt been easy losing weight  but I wont relent in my effort and any piece of advice on how to lose weight ASAP will be highly appreciated.

Once again, Thank you all, may God continue to empower you and bless you with more wisdom
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Gamine(f): 9:31pm On Oct 19, 2007
Doctor!

i feel some trembling in ma veins!!!

whut could be happening? undecided undecided
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Douzy(m): 9:48pm On Oct 19, 2007
At this your age?  shocked embarassed
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking1: 10:49pm On Oct 19, 2007
Gamine:

Doctor!

i feel some trembling in ma veins!!!

whut could be happening? undecided undecided

Most veins are near arteries. Arteries carry oxyginated blood from the heart under pressure, so they pulsate. This pulsation (depending on the location) is carried to surrounding tissues, including the vien. Subsequently, a vien maybe seen as trembling or pulsating. There maybe other causes.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking1: 1:27am On Oct 20, 2007
pheesayor:

To Dr. Balogun, thanks for starting this thread,
to naijaking1, ajolayo and the rest who helped diagnosed my problem, I want to say a very BIG Thank You .
I'm still battling with my Obstructive Sleep Apnea because it hasnt been easy losing weight but I wont relent in my effort and any piece of advice on how to lose weight ASAP will be highly appreciated.

Once again, Thank you all, may God continue to empower you and bless you with more wisdom

Good to hear from you, dude! You also look good, I'm sure your BMI is not more than 30. Keep up the good work.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Joy4real(m): 11:13pm On Oct 20, 2007
@MyPeace
I have been married for 5 years. Started the diagnostice procedures when we were two in marriage.
Its quite a long way. I pray we succed in our quest for solution to our challenges.

Thanks for your Concern.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by MyPeace(f): 9:43am On Oct 23, 2007
God will surely answer you, and turn ur sorrows to joy!!!. The bible says the confidence we have in HIM is that HE hears us when we pray, your case is not unique, HE will sure hear and answer you.

shalom!!!!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by kiesara(m): 2:25pm On Oct 23, 2007
Doctors in the house please i need your medical interpretation/analysis base on these feelings i used to have; i used to feel constant headache, body weakness, general body pains, loss of weight slightly. i used to feel all these things simultaneously. please urgent response. thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.