Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (122) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (636636 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) ... (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lomaxx: 3:29pm On Jul 30, 2014
olafaithy: Good day Doctor... There is this usual threat"ITCHING" to my skin, I called it a threat because it kept disturbing me every time I expose my body most time if I want to sleep in d NIGHT, so I av to wear socks or rap myself wth cloth all over. Pls what could be d couse sir? I'm a hairy guy and I rarely cream my body for years but my hair... Help me ddoctor.

Invest in a moisturizing cream. Dry air can cause an already dry skin to become itchy.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naughtylagosguy(m): 3:39pm On Jul 30, 2014
Good day Doctors,

I always have this sharp white flashes whenever my eyes blink. It happens by itself and it occurs mostly at nights and some times in the afternoon. I thought it was caused due to watching too much of TV and laptop but I've reduced watching TV and it is still happening.

Please help me before it turns out to be something more serious.

The white flashes occur at the extreme end of my eyes. It will look as if a light was shined at the extreme end of my eyes.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lomaxx: 5:30pm On Jul 30, 2014
naughtylagosguy: Good day Doctors,

I always have this sharp white flashes whenever my eyes blink. It happens by itself and it occurs mostly at nights and some times in the afternoon. I thought it was caused due to watching too much of TV and laptop but I've reduced watching TV and it is still happening.

Please help me before it turns out to be something more serious.

The white flashes occur at the extreme end of my eyes. It will look as if a light was shined at the extreme end of my eyes.

Light flashes in your eyes may not mean that something serious is wrong. But to rule out the likelihood of a serious ailment you need to have your eyes checked by an ophthalmologist.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naughtylagosguy(m): 5:39pm On Jul 30, 2014
lomaxx:

Light flashes in your eyes may not mean that something serious is wrong. But to rule out the likelihood of a serious ailment you need to have your eyes checked by an ophthalmologist.

Thank you very much.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by clily: 3:29pm On Jul 31, 2014
Gud pme doctors in d house, pls is there any drugs I can take to delay my period for at least two days..cos I hv done my calculations and it shows dat my period wil start exactly d day or a day before my wedding ceremony and dat would realy affect my big day.tnx
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lomaxx: 5:25pm On Jul 31, 2014
clily: Gud pme doctors in d house, pls is there any drugs I can take to delay my period for at least two days..cos I hv done my calculations and it shows dat my period wil start exactly d day or a day before my wedding ceremony and dat would realy affect my big day.tnx

You have mail.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ted13: 7:22pm On Jul 31, 2014
Please Dr. Kindly assist me because for sometime now I do have some ugly sound from my stomach.rom my stomach. I need your medical advice please
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by san316(m): 3:33pm On Aug 13, 2014
Pls i just got diagnosed with hepatitis b and i jst hrd 4rm d dr dat i nid treatment n i'm sure it's cos of my viral load. D dr didnt tel me if i'm chronic or nt. Does viral load dtermine whether d infection is chronic or nt?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Laibel(f): 3:07pm On Aug 14, 2014
Pls doc. Some area of my skin is too dry n scaly n flaky n av visit hopital n priscribed vit A for m but still coming back .pls wot is d cause n treatment
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by prof800(m): 1:55pm On Aug 17, 2014
Doctors in the house, can a 4 month old baby have goitre?
And can it be cured at this young age.?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lomaxx: 11:15am On Aug 18, 2014
prof800: Doctors in the house, can a 4 month old baby have goitre?
And can it be cured at this young age.?

Neck swelling in an infant does not necessarily mean he/she has goiter. There are many causes of neck swelling for that age. However, there is a possibility that a 4 month old could have a goiter- howbeit very rare. So you need to know if the neck swelling is a goiter or not before taking further action. Wich is why you need to see a doctor.

1 Like

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lomaxx: 11:21am On Aug 18, 2014
Laibel: Pls doc. Some area of my skin is too dry n scaly n flaky n av visit hopital n priscribed vit A for m but still coming back .pls wot is d cause n treatment

Invest in a good moisturizing cream. You may consider changing your soap to a mild one too. Be careful how you take Vitamin A. It very less likely a vitamin a deficiency is responsible for your dry flaky skin.

1 Like

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by benghaziii: 11:34am On Aug 18, 2014
listen..doctors..is on the same nairaland u peeps are being cursed...i ve seen eight names in other post who did this n where here to seek medical advice....
the masses are ingrates...they deserve this kinda president..
even johesu members are here too fr medical advice
so the strike must go on..
all medical advices must be stopped.
patients should go bk to hospitals n let Jo he suites treat them beta
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lomaxx: 11:41am On Aug 18, 2014
san316: Pls i just got diagnosed with hepatitis b and i jst hrd 4rm d dr dat i nid treatment n i'm sure it's cos of my viral load. D dr didnt tel me if i'm chronic or nt. Does viral load dtermine whether d infection is chronic or nt?

The course of Hepatitis B infection as to whether you would have a chronic infection or not depend on a number of factors. However, THE AGE AT INFECTION IS THE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT DETERMINANT OF WHETHER YOU WILL PROGRESS TO CHRONIC INFECTION OR NOT.

95% of neonates(0 to 1 month) infected would progress to chronic infection. 30% of children under 5 will progress to chronicity while less than 5 percent of adults will have a chronic infection. This means that more than 95% of adults infected with HBV will clear the infection (amidst other variables).

I hope this explanation is satisfactory. There are markers to determine whether you're likely to progress to chronicity or you're clearing the infection.

All in all, stick with the recommended treatment guidelines as directed by your physician.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by san316(m): 11:48am On Aug 18, 2014
lomaxx:

The course of Hepatitis B infection as to whether you would have a chronic infection or not depend on a number of factors. However, THE AGE AT INFECTION IS THE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT DETERMINANT OF WHETHER YOU WILL PROGRESS TO CHRONIC INFECTION OR NOT.

95% of neonates(0 to 1 month) infected would progress to chronic infection. 30% of children under 5 will progress to chronicity while less than 5 percent of adults will have a chronic infection. This means that more than 95% of adults infected with HBV will clear the infection (amidst other variables).

I hope this explanation is satisfactory. There are markers to determine whether you're likely to progress to chronicity or you're clearing the infection.

All in all, stick with the recommended treatment guidelines as directed by your physician.
thanks, you've been helpful.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 2:19pm On Aug 18, 2014
Hi doctors...i am always feeling pains in my right arm..what could av bin d cause?is it possible that its blood that isnt circulating well?or what please?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 3:17pm On Aug 18, 2014
Doctors in d house please help. I got diagonised of dis disease for a while now. I have taking many drugs all to no avail. My weight is reducing drastically, experiences severe headache, becoming so lean and experiences fatigue.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Amhappy(f): 6:02pm On Aug 18, 2014
Any kind doctor available. I do vomit a lot after eating esp swallow and soup or vegetables sauce and anything that crayfish is added to. Even meat and fish na trial. This started like 6yrs ago and i have been to 3 hospitals without solution. Even when i add enough pepper,it doesnt help. I only enjoy fruits,bread and yam/oil without problems. Pls what is the cause of this. I vomitted eveything i ate yesterday just because i took a mold of wheat and ate snail.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by BuddhaPalm(m): 12:32am On Aug 19, 2014
Yours truly has an ear infection. How can it be treated. Thanks.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by prof800(m): 9:26am On Aug 19, 2014
lomaxx:

Neck swelling in an infant does not necessarily mean he/she has goiter. There are many causes of neck swelling for that age. However, there is a possibility that a 4 month old could have a goiter- howbeit very rare. So you need to know if the neck swelling is a goiter or not before taking further action. Wich is why you need to see a doctor.
Thanks for the reply Dr. Lomaxx. smiley
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lomaxx: 11:22am On Aug 19, 2014
omoteamac: Hi doctors...i am always feeling pains in my right arm..what could av bin d cause?is it possible that its blood that isnt circulating well?or what please?

NSAIDS like Ibuprofen don't help?

It could be anything. A peripheral vascular disease in your right arm is a bit on the extreme- but it could be a possibility. If that's your fear, see a doctor for evaluation.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lomaxx: 11:22am On Aug 19, 2014
ijinlove20: Doctors in d house please help. I got diagonised of candida albican & staph aureus for a while now. I have taking many drugs all to no avail. My weight is reducing drastically, experiences severe headache, becoming so lean and experiences fatigue.

Do an HIV test.

1 Like

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by BuddhaPalm(m): 3:28pm On Aug 19, 2014
lomaxx:

Hey Doc Lomaxx. You missed mine above.

I have an ear infection, how should I treat it? Thanks.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 6:42pm On Aug 19, 2014
lomaxx:

Do an HIV test.

I have done dat and it reads negative.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lomaxx: 7:45pm On Aug 19, 2014
ijinlove20:

I have done dat and it reads negative.

Are you eating well?
Are you passing stool well?
Have you noticed any swollen lymph nodes? (You know what a lymph node is right?)
Running temperature?
How long have you been noticed the symptoms? I'll appreciate if you can state when each symptom was noticed?

What else have you noticed? No matter how slight
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lomaxx: 7:56pm On Aug 19, 2014
BuddhaPalm: Yours truly has an ear infection. How can it be treated. Thanks.

How're yo sure its an ear infection?
Augmentin has a good coverage for those infections. Make sure you take for 7 days even after symptoms have abated.

Disclaimer: This is not a prescription. See your doctor for evaluation.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lomaxx: 7:57pm On Aug 19, 2014
BuddhaPalm:

Hey Doc Lomaxx. You missed mine above. .

Sorry. My netwrk has been flaky for a week now. See above.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lomaxx: 8:04pm On Aug 19, 2014
Amhappy: Any kind doctor available. I do vomit a lot after eating esp swallow and soup or vegetables sauce and anything that crayfish is added to. Even meat and fish na trial. This started like 6yrs ago and i have been to 3 hospitals without solution. Even when i add enough pepper,it doesnt help. I only enjoy fruits,bread and yam/oil without problems. Pls what is the cause of this. I vomitted eveything i ate yesterday just because i took a mold of wheat and ate snail.

Do you have allergies?

-Anyone else in your family has the same problem? Immediate or extended family, I mean.
-Do you have a history of asthma, either in childhood or currently?
-Do you have other things you're allergic to ? Like pollen, dust, smell of frying oil, smoke etc?

Most likely a sea protein allergy. You're the second case of a most probable seafood allergy I've seen on NL. Bad news is that sea protein allergy overlap with most animal protein. That's why you react to meat as well.

Management plan? As with other forms of allergy, avoid seafood(e.g crayfish) Also avoid food, you're susceptible to. It may just be nausea and vomiting now- you wouldn't want to trigger an anaphylaxis sometime in the future. I you must eat these protein, fry them properly. The excess heat would denature the proteins and you'd most likely react. But it's best to avoid.

See your doctor for evaluation. Especially a gastroenterologist.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lomaxx: 8:07pm On Aug 19, 2014
ted13: Please Dr. Kindly assist me because for sometime now I do have some ugly sound from my stomach.rom my stomach. I need your medical advice please

Most likely a bacterial overgrowth syndrome. See a gastroenterologist.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Amhappy(f): 10:57pm On Aug 19, 2014
lomaxx:

Do you have allergies?

-Anyone else in your family has the same problem? Immediate or extended family, I mean.
-Do you have a history of asthma, either in childhood or currently?
-Do you have other things you're allergic to ? Like pollen, dust, smell of frying oil, smoke etc?

Most likely a sea protein allergy. You're the second case of a most probable seafood allergy I've seen on NL. Bad news is that sea protein allergy overlap with most animal protein. That's why you react to meat as well.

Management plan? As with other forms of allergy, avoid seafood(e.g crayfish) Also avoid food, you're susceptible to. It may just be nausea and vomiting now- you wouldn't want to trigger an anaphylaxis sometime in the future. I you must eat these protein, fry them properly. The excess heat would denature the proteins and you'd most likely react. But it's best to avoid.

See your doctor for evaluation. Especially a gastroenterologist.

Thanks doc for your response. Yes i do have have allergies;cold,dust smoke,gases are the major ones. I dont have asthma. I do hv catarrh,itchy eyes,ears,throat almost all year long. I will follow the management strategy and talk to my doc during my next visit. God bless you.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by phreakabit(m): 11:16pm On Aug 19, 2014
Good day Doc
S.W.I.M has been having low grade night fevers and neck pain for a week or two. In the morning she says he says he feels muxh better with no pains but not quite 100 percent. Had very mild headaches and pressure in the left ear prior to this, that went away after maleria medications. Was having constipation, rumbling tummy and fast heartbeat and took amoxil. Everything seems fine except for the reoccurring night fevers.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lomaxx: 12:22am On Aug 20, 2014
phreakabit: Good day Doc
S.W.I.M has been having low grade night fevers and neck pain for a week or two. In the morning she says he says he feels muxh better with no pains but not quite 100 percent. Had very mild headaches and pressure in the left ear prior to this, that went away after maleria medications. Was having constipation, rumbling tummy and fast heartbeat and took amoxil. Everything seems fine except for the reoccurring night fevers.

I assume the anti-malarial drug used was an artemisinin-based therapy. If this was the case, Resistance of falciparum malaria to artemisinin therapy is an increasing global concern. The most obvious feature is the delay in rate of clearing parasites totally from the body- which is now often indicated by persistence of symptoms after treatment (especially fever [which becomes low grade from the initial high grade at acute stage]) . I've seen a few cases.

He should manage the fever with Panadol. I prefer Ibuprofen- antipyretic action is more potent.
He will be fine in no time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) ... (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.