Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (636646 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by MyPeace(f): 9:48am On Oct 24, 2007
Have u done HIV test cool grin
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by kiesara(m): 10:00am On Oct 24, 2007
no av not done it, am even scared to do the test
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by MyPeace(f): 12:40pm On Oct 24, 2007
its always the case, before l did it, l was scared to death even having dreams that l was positive. But guess what? am negative!!

so you may not have it. l am not a doctor, but feel u shd do it, am not saying its the cause of ur illness. Doctors on the forum will advice you better.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by kiesara(m): 1:02pm On Oct 24, 2007
thanks for the advice, i will summon courage to do the test. the positive result is not my problem but the stigma attached to it, because there is no way people around u won't know
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 2:22pm On Oct 24, 2007
Kiesara, important to note that the advice given by mypeace is not a medical advice as she has mentioned. One of the docs will try and interpret your symptoms and might need to ask more questions! Like what your job is, how old you are. Any investigations done yet for your symptoms. Have you seen any doctors yet. Are you taking medication. List of questions endless for fatigue and headaches
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by kiesara(m): 2:59pm On Oct 24, 2007
Balogun:

Kiesara, important to note that the advice given by mypeace is not a medical advice as she has mentioned. One of the docs will try and interpret your symptoms and might need to ask more questions! Like what your job is, how old you are. Any investigations done yet for your symptoms. Have you seen any doctors yet. Are you taking medication. List of questions endless for fatigue and headaches
Although, av always been treating malaria & typhoid fever. to answer the questions:

what your job is-     my job is not stressful (office job)
how old you are-     am 32yrs old
Any investigations done yet for your symptoms-  no
Have you seen any doctors yet-  av always been seen doctors but treated for malaria & typhod.
did you taking medication-    no
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by pheesayor(m): 9:43pm On Oct 24, 2007
@kiesara, as your name implies, u have to really KIESARA, lol just kidding
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Macteejay2(m): 8:18pm On Oct 26, 2007
Hello Doc Balogun, pls could tell me the likely cause(s) of worm-like movement of sensations around my body. Most especially legs, hand and back? l' m HIV negative but l'm worried Doc.
Thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ACL(m): 3:57pm On Oct 28, 2007
@Balogun

Hi, read some of your post.
can u advise me on what to do . Hormonal immunoassay says am low on one of the hormone(LH or FSH) but cant remember which one for now.
i use some birth pills 8yrs ago to normalise my irregular period,it was prescribed by a gyneacologist, some months after stoppage of the pills my period siezed for almost 5months instead of controlling it. Have also done several test which costs me about 50k.(scans,HSG,immunoassy,pelvic scan e.t.c)

Now i always have iirregular flow which wonts stop, i was then given primolut N & after this my period comes like a regular one after 5days.
Have also use herbal remedy, once i stop the drug or whatever remedy it goes back to continous flowing until i use the primolut, have been on primolut N for about 5 yrs now.
Am not too bothered cos am not married and not ready for pregnancy.

Cos they say i have to be on fertility drugs which am tired of.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by manuch(m): 5:01pm On Nov 06, 2007
Doc can u help?

Got married abt a year ago my wife and i ve bin trying for a child but no luck. she ovulates cause we use test kit to determine and i ve a kid from my previous marriage so wot could be the problem?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by spoilt(f): 4:34am On Nov 07, 2007
@ manuch
im not a doctor but a year is rather too soon to start fretting. grin
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 11:45pm On Nov 08, 2007
Thank you spoilt. You are right. You dont need to be a doctor to realise not getting your wife pregnant in a year is no reason to fret. I am sure she will concieve at the right time
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by styrax(m): 1:25pm On Nov 09, 2007
Hi all,

this is about the only thread on nairaland where one sees more questions than answers. Dr Balogun has done pretty much and I will like to contribute.

I strongly feel that it will be quite orderly and educative if each complaint could go as a thread instead of everything under this one thread; makes tracing responses to certain posts difficult.

Just a suggestion
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by styrax(m): 1:36pm On Nov 09, 2007
I beg to differ on this issue of not getting your wife pregnant after about a year.

After 12 months of adequate coital exposure if a woman is not pregnant then its the right time to start checking for answers.

You can start with "Adequate coital exposure" thats what its called in gynaecology textbooks from medical school days

By now, I think its ok to "fret"
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by gentleone(f): 2:07pm On Nov 09, 2007
Gentleone, with pregnancy ligaments in the body tend to stretch a bit. Some women have enough discomfort in their hip and back that they sometimes need crutches. Most of these will return to normal after child birth. Trust your doctor

ok doc, everywhere seems to be stretching. now its my upper tummy and back that i feel the pains. but its just on one side, my left side. my doc again said no probs that the baby is coming up and pushing my uterus thats why.
but doc, i feel so uncomfortable sometimes, is this gonna go on till the baby comes?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by manuch(m): 5:04pm On Nov 13, 2007
I am really fretting and its begining to affect our marriage we ve gone for a scan and everything seems to be normal.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 10:07pm On Nov 13, 2007
Manuch, I think we are waiting for instructions/advice from styrax! He has suggested you should fret
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 12:31pm On Nov 14, 2007
Hi Doc,
I get this frequent irritation of my bladder, a case where i feel like urinating frequently( up to 60 times in a day) and little urine comes out accompanied by pain, pressure and spasms.I checked on the net and i was made to understand its called cystitis. It happens to me so frequently and really makes me useless and uncomfortable, the other day i had to leave work and its becoming so embarrasing, i use antibiotics for it and it keeps reoccuring, please can you help with a final solution to this problem . I also intend to see a doctor but i will appreciate your advice.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by priscare: 3:33pm On Nov 15, 2007
please i need to know, if a guy is a virgin does he feel sexual urge? if yes, what can he do to reduce the urge especially whenever is with his fiancee since he did not want to have sex until they are legally married.
thank you.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by styrax(m): 3:34pm On Nov 15, 2007
@Manuch pls no offense

Being almost a father sometimes in the past is really no guaranty for anybody's state of fertility.

Pls you should work at it alongside with your wife.  You should consider comprehensive fertility screening, this goes beyond just scan.

Seminal fluid analysis for you, HSG, hormonal assay and scan for your wife.  While counselling will also go a long way to help the two of you.

Trust me, I know what it is like to be going through this.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by priscare: 3:35pm On Nov 15, 2007
please i need to know, if a guy is a virgin does he feel sexual urge? if yes, what can he do to reduce the urge especially whenever is with his fiancee since he did not want to have sex until they are legally married.
thank you.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by jesuseun1(m): 6:46am On Nov 16, 2007
ppls doctor in house,i have a little health challenge,i used to have a strain pain,at the lower right side back of my head,which will last for about 4 to 5mins, and i used to have a blur vision sometimes ,to the extend that i have to hold one eye so as to see clearly for that moment.pls kindly help me out on what to do.
thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking1: 11:38am On Nov 16, 2007
priscare:

thank you.

Sexual urge is normal.

I don't recommend taking anything to help you 'reduce' your sexual urges.

However, postponing sex till marriage is a plausible goal, try discussing the issue with your fiancee.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking1: 11:46am On Nov 16, 2007
jesu seun:

ppls doctor in house,i have a little health challenge,i used to have a strain pain,at the lower right side back of my head,which will last for about 4 to 5mins, and i used to have a blur vision sometimes ,to the extend that i have to hold one eye so as to see clearly for that moment.please kindly help me out on what to do.
thanks

With very limited information on this case, and considering the severity of possible causes of this symptom, I would recommend that you go in for a detailed history and physical examination.

Your age, medical history, use of tobacco, cardiovascular condition, as well as neurological status are very important factors that must be evaluated.

If you're my patient I would call you in ASAP.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by almondjoy(f): 6:04pm On Nov 16, 2007
naijaking1:

Sexual urge is normal.

I don't recommend taking anything to help you 'reduce' your sexual urges.

However, postponing sex till marriage is a plausible goal, try discussing the issue with your fiancee.

naijaking1:

With very limited information on this case, and considering the severity of possible causes of this symptom, I would recommend that you go in for a detailed history and physical examination.

Your age, medical history, use of tobacco, cardiovascular condition, as well as neurological status are very important factors that must be evaluated.

If you're my patient I would call you in ASAP.

Biko, Nna naijaking1--what is your area of specialty kwanu? It looks like you do it all. Just fascinated and curious.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by kiyama: 11:53am On Nov 17, 2007
Goodday doc in the house. I have some health issues disturbing my mind.For some years my body will be hot inside and after much examination from the docs they say is malarial fever.That gives me concern cos i cann't longer concentrate in things i find myself doing.It goes from sleeplessness to chest and back pain.Right now i feel pain all over my back especially on my left brest down to my waist. I go to see my doc often ,he says i am too emotional that any little thing disturbs my mind.For now i cann't really say what is wrong with my body and it affects me psychologically.
i did some Xray test long ago it show normal.I dont know what to do next.pls i need ur advice.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking1: 5:59am On Nov 18, 2007
almondjoy:

Biko, Nna naijaking1--what is your area of specialty kwanu? It looks like you do it all. Just fascinated and curious.

Nne, I de manage o.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by almondjoy(f): 2:03am On Nov 19, 2007
naijaking1:

Nne, I de manage o.

Well, good job! Keep the good stuff coming in.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by sheuzee: 6:18pm On Nov 19, 2007
doc i keep havn headache @ d back of my head.its constant.jst there.havnt takn any drugs.wat do ya tink
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by MasterUwem(m): 4:09pm On Dec 03, 2007
thanks alot for ur contribution
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking1: 6:23pm On Dec 03, 2007
@Masteruwem

Your profile does not fit a typical picture of Major depressive disorder, instead you appear a bit anxious, worried and nervous.

You really should not take any medicine without consulting a qualified MD.

What medication do you take that helps relieve your symptoms?

Do you smoke, take any drugs, or drink alcohol? Do you have any medical problems, any illness runs in your family?

What type of job do you do? Have you ever been sick, hospitalized, or operated upon?

How is your sleep, feeding, defeacation and urination?

You can email me privately at yahoo, or make plans to go see a qualified physician.

Good luck.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by MasterUwem(m): 12:31pm On Dec 04, 2007
None

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.