Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,173 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (141) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (637905 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 2:52pm On Apr 11, 2015
hi doctor, you are doing a great job, I am 25 yrs old and a virgin, genotype AS my complaints are as below

1. av xperienced a drastic weight loss for the past3 yrs
2. little lumps in my throat, that come and go, not painful, sometimes with white patches or red, makes the region around my neck heavy and uncomfortable

3. muscle tremor all over my body, then palpitation

4. dull pain around the sides of my stomach
5. my right leg as if am wearing socks sometimes

thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Seunpaul01(m): 3:08pm On Apr 11, 2015
Xiadnat:

To gain weight, you mean muscle weight or just fat weight?

If muscle, then weight lifting with protein supplements...the body building diet, which you can google. Or if you can afford it, consult with exercise physiologist/nutritionist.

If weight, eat more. Protein, carbs and the like. Just gain more caloric energy and expend less = weight gain.

If you have feelings of worm, I would go and get tested for worms then. Get ova and parasites lab test to begin with.

Good luck

THANKS.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 4:00pm On Apr 11, 2015
There are also two things it could be: endometriosis or fibroid. So, that is something that she could be evaluated for from her gyn doc.

IamforGod:
Hello docs ! My best friend actually had a d and c 3 yrs ago but since then she has been having pain in her lower left stomach. She said she used different type of anti biotics prescribed by doctors. And she went for scan and they said nothing is wrong with her but there's a white fluid in her pouch of douglas. She said the pain comes mainly wen she wants to see her period then she goes dizzy with her eyes really paining, feels weak, and feels like throwing up

Me: my stomach gets hot sometimes and it makes noise. What can I use?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 4:03pm On Apr 11, 2015
Go to a clinic for complete physical exam.

Obtain: complete blood count, thyroid function tests (TSH, T4) and serum/blood glucose level.

The symptoms sound like overactive thyroid (which is in your neck, so could be source of lumpy feeling). The sock feeling in your leg sounds like neuropathy of some sort. Overall, dysfunctional thyroid could give your all of those. Neuropathy could also result from untreated or complications of diabetes.

Good luck.

VibrationsZ:
hi doctor, you are doing a great job, I am 25 yrs old and a virgin, genotype AS my complaints are as below

1. av xperienced a drastic weight loss for the past3 yrs
2. little lumps in my throat, that come and go, not painful, sometimes with white patches or red, makes the region around my neck heavy and uncomfortable

3. muscle tremor all over my body, then palpitation

4. dull pain around the sides of my stomach
5. my right leg as if am wearing socks sometimes

thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Zeiya(f): 5:35pm On Apr 11, 2015
Xiadnat:
Hm. I've done circumcisions before. Honestly, if your concern is risk of infection due to extra skin, that's less likely the issue.

The issue is that of aesthetics for the parents and the baby boy when he gets older.

There are some chances that he may 'outgrow' the extra skin as the penis stretches with age.

But, if you want to get it over with, then do it now while he's still in infancy.

There is always a chance that something can go wrong whenever you perform surgical procedure: bleeding, infection, pain, damage to penile structures etc; though much less now.

But, take him to an experienced pediatrician and be assured.

All the best.

thank you very much sir. Your information was very useful for me. this platform is the best on nairaland. we will do it on Wednesday.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by IamforGod: 6:42pm On Apr 11, 2015
Xiadnat:
There are also two things it could be: endometriosis or fibroid. So, that is something that she could be evaluated for from her gyn doc.

thanks doc
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by PipSurgeon(m): 11:58pm On Apr 11, 2015
Xiadnat:

The symptoms sound like overactive thyroid (which is in your neck, so could be source of lumpy feeling). The sock feeling in your leg sounds like neuropathy of some sort. Overall, dysfunctional thyroid could give your all of those. Neuropathy could also result from untreated or complications of diabetes.

Good luck.

could be socks feeling b as a result of pretibial myxedema

1 Like

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 11:35am On Apr 12, 2015
PipSurgeon:
could be socks feeling b as a result of pretibial myxedema

What do you think? I will let you answer that one. smiley

Look it up dear.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by LONGFELLOW02(m): 4:33pm On Apr 12, 2015
Doctor Pls can you prescribe Drugs that i can use for Body building. .

The once i can use when am lifting weight nd doing Press up. . . The drugs that will push out vain nd Muscle

I've been doing press up nd lifting weight for Long but i haven't get my desire Body shape.

I want drugs with small money nd no side effect.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 7:14pm On Apr 12, 2015
good evening.
Please can any medical personnel here assist with what kidney donation entails and a good facility that offers such services (genuine source).

I have researched the whole net and can't come up with something
Ps: no money involved
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Hopez456(m): 7:34pm On Apr 12, 2015
Good evening Docs in the house, I rarely fall sick, but for some days now I have general body weakness ESP my joints, severe headache and dizziness. I learnt that these are symptoms of malaria. I have used lumatem, no improvement, used artesunate Still having Same issue. I Don't know what else to do as I currently can't afford the service of a doctor.
cc. Xiadnat
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 7:52pm On Apr 12, 2015
Hopez456:
Good evening Docs in the house, I rarely fall sick, but for some days now I have general body weakness ESP my joints, severe headache and dizziness. I learnt that these are symptoms of malaria. I have used lumatem, no improvement, used artesunate Still having Same issue. I Don't know what else to do as I currently can't afford the service of a doctor.
cc. Xiadnat

There is not much one can do, you have to see a doctor. Were you properly evaluated and diagnosed of malaria or are you self treating?

It is possible the malaria is still lurking in your system.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nomswilli(m): 4:15am On Apr 13, 2015
good day doc. For close to 6months i have been experiencin seriouse itching body,expecially around the pennis(gosh.... u dont want to ever experience same) with pores that brings out waterlike subst. I went to d hospital where blood culture was carried out, after which i was told its HEAMOPHILLUS AND FUNGI SPP.. .i was given a range of drugs which includes augmentin,ketoconazole tablet and shampoo.....at first it workd but as if the fungi resisted the drug...ma body still iches me...pls help
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Hopez456(m): 8:09am On Apr 13, 2015
Xiadnat:

There is not much one can do, you have to see a doctor. Were you properly evaluated and diagnosed of malaria or are you self treating?

It is possible the malaria is still lurking in your system.
Thanks for the response, yes I am on self medication.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Dadsonval(f): 10:23am On Apr 13, 2015
Pls, is it possible for someone to have infection without any signs like itching, bad odour, discharge etc in female
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nomswilli(m): 6:54pm On Apr 13, 2015
ahhhhhhhhhh....were are are d doctors here naaaaaaaaaaa plssssssssssssssssssss
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 12:05am On Apr 14, 2015
LONGFELLOW02:
Doctor Pls can you prescribe Drugs that i can use for Body building. .

The once i can use when am lifting weight nd doing Press up. . . The drugs that will push out vain nd Muscle

I've been doing press up nd lifting weight for Long but i haven't get my desire Body shape.

I want drugs with small money nd no side effect.

No such drugs. Can try protein powder formulas; but these aren't approved by proper food and drug administration; so at your own risk.

Consider your genetics if you are not gaining muscle. Not ever person is meant to look like a body builder.

Sorry to burst that bubble.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 12:06am On Apr 14, 2015
candygosh:
good evening.
Please can any medical personnel here assist with what kidney donation entails and a good facility that offers such services (genuine source).

I have researched the whole net and can't come up with something
Ps: no money involved

I am not in Nigeria; if you are. I suggest you post a separate topic so others can chime in.

Good luck.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 12:08am On Apr 14, 2015
Hopez456:
Thanks for the response, yes I am on self medication.

Ah...I would recommend you see a physician. I am sorry. You need to figure out what is the cause of your symptoms. Get some physical exam and tests done. Check for malaria parasites in your system; if you suspect malaria.

Please see a doc, your health is more important.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 12:09am On Apr 14, 2015
Dadsonval:
Pls, is it possible for someone to have infection without any signs like itching, bad odour, discharge etc in female

Yes It is. If you suspect you might be infected, get tested and start treatment.

Good luck.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 12:11am On Apr 14, 2015
Nomswilli:
ahhhhhhhhhh....were are are d doctors here naaaaaaaaaaa plssssssssssssssssssss

Here.....what is your question though?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 12:20am On Apr 14, 2015
Nomswilli:
good day doc. For close to 6months i have been experiencin seriouse itching body,expecially around the pennis(gosh.... u dont want to ever experience same) with pores that brings out waterlike subst. I went to d hospital where blood culture was carried out, after which i was told its HEAMOPHILLUS AND FUNGI SPP.. .i was given a range of drugs which includes augmentin,ketoconazole tablet and shampoo.....at first it workd but as if the fungi resisted the drug...ma body still iches me...pls help

Hm...anti fungus resistance....I doubt that. I have to question the diagnosis in the first place.

Might you be allergic to something? Do allergy check list or inventory and see what you might be allergic to.

Blood culture? You mean culture of the penil*e swab? Is this painful at all? Are you sexually active?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Hopez456(m): 12:36pm On Apr 14, 2015
Xiadnat:

Ah...I would recommend you see a physician. I am sorry. You need to figure out what is the cause of your symptoms. Get some physical exam and tests done. Check for malaria parasites in your system; if you suspect malaria.

Please see a doc, your health is more important.
Thank u sir. I will consult a physician.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nomswilli(m): 3:02pm On Apr 15, 2015
tanks doc,will do just as u have instructed
Xiadnat:

Hm...anti fungus resistance....I doubt that. I have to question the diagnosis in the first place.
Might you be allergic to something? Do allergy check list or inventory and see what you might be allergic to.
Blood culture? You mean culture of the penil*e swab? Is this painful at all? Are you sexually active?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Avenue2Entrepre: 3:38pm On Apr 15, 2015
WE FOUND A CURE!

***I waited for testimonies to abound before sharing this great news with you.

I am amazed since we started this project in the last few months, at the number of Nigerians who are silently suffering from ailments that are personal to them and take a lot of their finances to manage. Ailments like:

*Diabetes
*Weak Erection
*Typhoid and Malaria...
Vagina discharge
Infertility (man & woman)
Syphilis / pile
Waist /back pain
Menstruation problem
Fibroid / Arthritis
Obesity / stomach troubles
Detoxify the kidney & tone the liver

****We hear about ailments like this everyday and it just sounded like tales to me. I was never interested until A2W started working on this in the past year.

So join me to welcome RUZU: it is not just another supplement, it’s CURATIVE! It’s not a 60 day trial product, the effects can be seen in under 24hrs.

Ruzu is different from all others it’s 100% natural, no additives and not artificial preservatives. All the extraction materials are all natural.

We call it nature's pure miracle!

The testimonies on Ruzu is simply overwhelming, it is NAFDAC approved.

You can order for them now, in retail or cartons.

Distributors needed nationwide.

BBM:2BE24B67
Email: salautaofeeq@gmail.com

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Recs(m): 4:49pm On Apr 15, 2015
Quick way to get rid of Ulcer
In order to get effective treatment in management of peptic ulcer, one must understand that adequate and proper nutrition is utmost important. It is important to focus on proper nutrition that can help to neutralize gastric acid, prevent the production of the acids and also reduce irritation. If proper nutrition are provided, it can help to prevent, heal and cure peptic Ulcer faster.
Nutritional Diet
Eating good whole food can reduce the risk of having peptic Ulcer and also play a significant role in healing and treatment of ulcer. It always reasonable when treating ulcer to develop a good eating habits and avoid eating when tired or under stress. Whole natural foods are always better compared to processed and refined food. You should also considered increasing your fluid intake to meet daily requirement and avoid drinking in-between meals
Nutritional requirement
Protein is one of the essential amino acids needed in order to synthesize tissues and promote healing. Intake of protein should be reduced to barest minimum because it has high Calcium which stimulates excess production of acid.
Fatty food should be taking moderately and should not try to avoid it in your daily diet. Fat helps in delaying emptying of stomach.
vitamins requirements remain to be normal, but to promote healing and absorption of iron in the body increase daily intake of vitamin C fruits.
Minerals
Avoid foods with calcium like milk because it tends to stimulate production of acid in the stomach.
Other consideration include:
Consumption of small frequent meals
Avoid alcohol
Eat high fiber diet such as fruits and vegetables
Avoid fried foods, high fat content foods
Drink enough water daily
Eat slowly and chew well
Avoid carbonate and caffeinated drinks
Avoid acidic or spicy foods if they cause discomforts
Avoiding large meals
Eat food at least two hours before you sleep

Green World Products for treating Peptic Ulcer
Green World Natural Solution can recommend the following Products for treating and curing ULCER.
1. Parashield Capsules.
2. Intestine Cleaning Tea.
3. Spirulina Capsules.
4. Propolis Plus Capsules.
5. Aloe Vera plus capsule
6. Meal Cellulose
7. Chitosan capsule

For SALES ORDERS & Business Opportunity, pls contact:Mr. Recs Olamide
Suite 215 B, DBM Plaza,
Wuse, Zone 1, Abuja.
08139156051 0R 08163748094Green World Website for Products.
http://greenworldhealthcare.
http://greenworldfctabuja..com/
http://greenworldhealthcar..com

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 8:15pm On Apr 15, 2015
hi,i need ur help cos i want to gain weight nd I've tried using some drugs like"weight-on".but it's all thesame.what can i do plss?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by hopeee: 10:32pm On Apr 16, 2015
God bless yo doctors for the great job your foing here.
I need your help in interpreting this result. I went for a HVS 3 days back, and this is the result

Leucocytes. Not observed
Erythrocytes. Scanty
Neisserian organisms. Not observed
Fungal elements. Yeast& hyphea: diagnostic of candidiasis
Clue cells. Absent
Bv score. 4= altered vaginal flora

Trichomonas
Trichomonas vaginalis. Not observed
Culture
Candida species. Isolated
Neisseria gonorrhoea. Not isolated
Gardnerella vaginalis. Not isolated
Strep agalacticae (GRP B). Not isolated

Organism 1. Candida albicans

##moderate growth ##

Sorry for the long post
I will. Appreciate your responce
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 11:47am On Apr 17, 2015
hopeee:
Fungal elements. Yeast& hyphea: diagnostic of candidiasis
Clue cells. Absent
Bv score. 4= altered vaginal flora

Candida species. Isolated

Organism 1. Candida albicans

##moderate growth ##

No problem at all Sir/madam;

This report shows you have candidiasis. Candida albicans is a fungal infection; normally this organism is found in the vaginal flora. It normally doesn't not cause much problem, but, for some reasons, when it overwhelms your system, it causes symptoms.

Assuming this is uncomplicated vulvo-vaginal candida infection:

You need prescription for treatment: fluconazole 150mg PO x1. OR can try vaginal suppositories or cream form if you don't want oral form.

Your next step is to make sure you don't have systemic issues (diabetes, HIV etc) that caused you to have symptomatic candida albicans. It is rarely causes symptoms in normal healthy persons.

Best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 11:50am On Apr 17, 2015
Ernestsimeon:
hi,i need ur help cos i want to gain weight nd I've tried using some drugs like"weight-on".but it's all thesame.what can i do plss?

NO such safe drugs exist. Tell, what do you weigh now? What is your target goal? Are you male or female? What are you doing to gain weight? What kind of weight---muscle or just put on fat?

Weight train and/or eat more protein packed foodstuff. Can try protein supplements.

Consider your genetics, not every individual is meant to gain weight--muscle or otherwise.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by hopeee: 3:06pm On Apr 17, 2015
Thanks a lot, I appreciate Doctor. I will go get the necessary medication to treat myself and dh. Because I was worried, its a discharge that comes and goes on its own once in a while and only when myself and dh bd, that's why I took the test.
Pls doc I wanted to ask if the candidiasis could cause miscarriages, cos I have had some early once.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 4:48pm On Apr 17, 2015
Xiadnat:

NO such safe drugs exist. Tell, what do you weigh now? What is your target goal? Are you male or female? What are you doing to gain weight? What kind of weight---muscle or just put on fat?

Weight train and/or eat more protein packed foodstuff. Can try protein supplements.

Consider your genetics, not every individual is meant to gain weight--muscle or otherwise.

i weigh 22.5kg,1.7m tall,male nd I'm 18yrs.i really look lanky.i just eat all i can nd compliment with calories supplements.i just want to put on little fat

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.