Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (142) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (637900 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Dadsonval(f): 6:37pm On Apr 17, 2015
@doctor, pls what drug can i use to reduce an enlarged liver? Secondly, my menses came this morning instead of 26th, what could have caused that? Thnks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 7:14pm On Apr 17, 2015
hopeee:
Thanks a lot, I appreciate Doctor. I will go get the necessary medication to treat myself and dh. Because I was worried, its a discharge that comes and goes on its own once in a while and only when myself and dh bd, that's why I took the test.
Pls doc I wanted to ask if the candidiasis could cause miscarriages, cos I have had some early once.

Not likely that miscarriage is due to candidiasis. You can visit a gyn for further investigation for miscarriage event.

Best.

1 Like

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by hopeee: 7:15pm On Apr 17, 2015
Xiadnat:

Not likely that miscarriage is due to candidiasis. You can visit a gyn for further investigation for miscarriage event.

Best.

Thanks a lot doc.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 7:17pm On Apr 17, 2015
Ernestsimeon:

i weigh 22.5kg,1.7m tall,male nd I'm 18yrs.i really look lanky.i just eat all i can nd compliment with calories supplements.i just want to put on little fat

You are still quite young to be worried about this. Have you visited a doctor lately to ensure you are fully healthy and cause of underweight not medical?

If so; you need to keep eating calorie dense foodstuff and eat every 2-4 hours, consume more than you expend.

Also, lift weights/work out. I cannot over emphasize the importance of genetics. Keep your genes in mind.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 7:17pm On Apr 17, 2015
Ernestsimeon:

i weigh 22.5kg,1.7m tall,male nd I'm 18yrs.i really look lanky.i just eat all i can nd compliment with calories supplements.i just want to put on little fat

You are still quite young to be worried about this. Have you visited a doctor lately to ensure you are fully healthy and cause of underweight not medical?

If so; you need to keep eating calorie dense foodstuff and eat every 2-4 hours, consume more than you expend.

Also, lift weights/work out. I cannot emphasize the importance of genetics. Keep your genes in mind.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 7:20pm On Apr 17, 2015
Dadsonval:
@doctor, pls what drug can i use to reduce an enlarged liver? Secondly, my menses came this morning instead of 26th, what could have caused that? Thnks

Menstrual cycle is just that a cycle; there are two main phases of the cycle. One remains fairly constant, the other half varies monthly depending on a number of factors: emotions, physical and mental stress, hormone fluctuations, foods you consume etc.

Thus, it is normal for dates to be off by even up to 2 weeks.

I will not worry about it at all---the important thing is that it came--unless you were not expecting it. In that case, sorry!

Enlarged liver? need more info. Do not take anything. You've been diagnosed or? Tell me more about this enlarged liver. The treatment depends on cause.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 7:38pm On Apr 17, 2015
Xiadnat:

I am not in Nigeria; if you are. I suggest you post a separate topic so others can chime in.

Good luck.

Thanks for the response
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 8:33pm On Apr 17, 2015
Xiadnat:

Also, lift weights/work out. I cannot over emphasize the importance of genetics. Keep your genes in mind.

k,I'll consider this, thanks a bunch
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Dadsonval(f): 11:01pm On Apr 17, 2015
[quote author=Xiadnat post=32830542]

Menstrual cycle is just that a cycle; there etc.

Thus, it is normal for dates to be off by even up to 2 weeks.

I will not worry about it at all---the important thing is that it came--unless you were not expecting it. In that case, sorry!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 11:06pm On Apr 17, 2015
Dadsonaval,

Please see a doctor who will take thorough history from you to determine cause of your enlarged liver; if not already done so.

You can tell more about your overall history and health. But, I advise not taking anything until you have been properly examined; and obtain consult from a physician.

Good luck.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by abayomi93(m): 7:07pm On Apr 25, 2015
Helo doctor,please I had the thyroid test result,but the result reads"normal thyroid study"and the doctor asked me of current symptoms,nd I told him:muscular weakness,fatigue after walking,little muscular tremors,partial numbness nd shortness of breath. so,the doctor gave me acycor,meta-b-fort and diazepam. What are these drugs for na?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by misttty: 8:21pm On Apr 25, 2015
Pls help! A cousin of mine somtimes ago accidentally inserted quite a big sand into his ear. His mum tried getting it out, she naively put palm oil and kerosene into the boy's hear. The boy is now 28, he could hardly hear and from that time his speech became more of hollophrasic. Pls how can he hear well? Can we use hearin aid? If he can, what are the specification of the hearing aid to be used? And can he still talk like a normal person again? Pleasssss
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by mownie: 6:57am On Apr 26, 2015
Help, right back ache, body pains, itchy and swollen eyes... started yday. no self- med yet
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 12:33pm On Apr 26, 2015
abayomi93:
Helo doctor,please I had the thyroid test result,but the result reads"normal thyroid study"and the doctor asked me of current symptoms,nd I told him:muscular weakness,fatigue after walking,little muscular tremors,partial numbness nd shortness of breath. so,the doctor gave me acycor,meta-b-fort and diazepam. What are these drugs for na?

What exactly does the doctor say is the problem?

Acycor is analgesia/anti-inflammatory for pain control
meta-b-fort is vitamin complex; in case it is vitamin deficiency. Vitamin B 12 especially can manifest as neurological symptoms.
Diazepam is a muscle relaxant presumably for your muscle tremors

Try the vitamin complex, see if symptoms resolve. If you can get tested for Vitamin B12 (or folate) deficiency.

There is an autoimmune condition the collection of your symptoms resemble named myasthenia gravis, but not to worry. Could be simpler.

Don't hesitate with further questions.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 12:35pm On Apr 26, 2015
misttty:
Pls help! A cousin of mine somtimes ago accidentally inserted quite a big sand into his ear. His mum tried getting it out, she naively put palm oil and kerosene into the boy's hear. The boy is now 28, he could hardly hear and from that time his speech became more of hollophrasic. Pls how can he hear well? Can we use hearin aid? If he can, what are the specification of the hearing aid to be used? And can he still talk like a normal person again? Pleasssss

Sorry to hear. This individual needs a hearing/speech assessment test performed by a professional. Search for an audiologist and/or speech therapist. They will be able to perform hearing test and offer recommendations for hearing or speech aid/therapy if needed.

Good luck.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 12:36pm On Apr 26, 2015
mownie:
Help, right back ache, body pains, itchy and swollen eyes... started yday. no self- med yet

Did this start all of a sudden? Taking any medications, allergic to something? What triggered it?

Sounds like it could be allergy to something rather.

Best
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by hope43: 3:06pm On Apr 26, 2015
Hello Dr, can u pls explain the difference between patent tubes and functioning tubes.thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 3:59pm On Apr 26, 2015
hope43:
Hello Dr, can u pls explain the difference between patent tubes and functioning tubes.thanks

I am assuming you mean fallopian tubes? A patent tube means open and not blocked. By definition, in most cases, a patent fallopian tube is a functioning one in terms of its function in reproduction--transit for sperm.

There are not much other things that can cause a non functional patent tube.

Best.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Moradeeke(f): 4:06pm On Apr 26, 2015
Xiadnat:

Yes and No. It is not necessarily that she is slim per se, it is the lack of sufficient fat/cholesterol/adipose tissue that is the reason.

Estrogen is biochemically derived or made in the body from cholesterol/fat.

So, if you do not have enough cholesterol, you do not make enough estrogen.

Estrogen is responsible for secondary sex characteristics: brea*st development, pubic hair, menses.

She needs to eat perhaps. But, I would suggest visiting a doctor for basic exam and tests too.

yes,the girl does nt eat much.
she has being taken to an endocrinologist has advised by u.

she was asked to run some tests which include:
1. bones age
2. pelvic abdomen scan
3. LH, FSH, Estradiol (hormonal profile)

the 1st is to ascertain if her bone structures tally with her age. the 2nd is to check if she has a womb nd d likes while d 3rd is for hormone level.

she is going 2 b referred 2 a dietician in her nxt visit.
i want 2 ask if all dis tests are called 4.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 4:27pm On Apr 26, 2015
Ok. Those tests are essentially for checking causes of lack of estrogen.
Bone age is to actually see if she has developmental/growth delay
Pelvic/abdominal scan to check female structures abnormality and/or tumor
Hormonal profile to detect if abnormality. This can give you clue as to where the problem lies: brain, adrenal or ovary.

Best. I hope it's just dietary. In that case, a dietary/nutritionist consult would be good.

Moradeeke:

yes,the girl does nt eat much.
she has being taken to an endocrinologist has advised by u.

she was asked to run some tests which include:
1. bones age
2. pelvic abdomen scan
3. LH, FSH, Estradiol (hormonal profile)

the 1st is to ascertain if her bone structures tally with her age. the 2nd is to check if she has a womb nd d likes while d 3rd is for hormone level.

she is going 2 b referred 2 a dietician in her nxt visit.
i want 2 ask if all dis tests are called 4.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Chumani(f): 8:10pm On Apr 26, 2015
Xiadnat:
Do you have diabetes per chance? Or any medical issues/surgeries?

There is a condition called gastroparesis. But, I doubt it is it.

I would suggest: gas relief medications such as beano, gas-x or tums. If this continues, go and obtain abdominal x-ray.

I don't av diabetes and no medical issues.
no symptoms of gastroparesis.
though d pains and gassing av reduced. I ll check pharmacies this week. THANKS.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by brilapluz(m): 11:42am On Apr 27, 2015
Good morning @Doc,
please i wud like to know d best medication for constant clearing of d throat for my broda...it is a sensation dat keeps making him clear his throat constantly...

he has taken sum strong antibiotics related to d issue....he has stopped taking cold drinks in order for it to stop...

i made a research and read dat constant throat clearing is associated with laryngeal reflux...and some comments suggested apple cidar water as a solution...how true is dat?

i just want to know a medication dat works best and if there is a home-made recipe for such issue...look forward to your reply...Thank you!!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by misttty: 3:23pm On Apr 27, 2015
Thanks Dr, I will do as adviced
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by adelurv(f): 8:35pm On Apr 27, 2015
Hi Doc..I've not mensturated since january. I was given gynecosid after the doc tested that I wasn't pregnant.. Could it be infection or what?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by famouschildren: 8:43pm On Apr 27, 2015
pls Dr. in d house, i am TTC and my dr said i should run dis test in Dec. which read
T4: 86.94 (69-141)nmol/L
T3: 1.43 (1.3-2.5) nmol/L
TSH: 14.45 (0.3-3.cool nmol/L

showing my doc, he said maybe there is a mistake somewhere and ask for a re-run in April which is;

free T4: 8.2 (7.2-16.4)pmol/l
free T3: 4.5 (3.8-6.0) pmol/l
TSH: 9.58 (0.37-3.5)mIU/

pls, how can the high tsh affect my ttc? am yet to show my doc as my appt is next week. moreso, how can i suppress d high tsh?
thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 11:49pm On Apr 27, 2015
Hello:

Yes the first lab set is definitely not right somewhere.

The second set of lab set shows subclinical hypothyroidism.

For your TTC events, I would highly recommend to start treatment with synthetic thyroid hormone in the form of synthyroid (or the equivalent in your country).

Hypothyroidism, if uncorrected, can lead to fetal abnormalities.

Keep the appointment with your doctor. I hope s/he recommends therapy.

Best.

famouschildren:
pls Dr. in d house, i am TTC and my dr said i should run dis test in Dec. which read
T4: 86.94 (69-141)nmol/L
T3: 1.43 (1.3-2.5) nmol/L
TSH: 14.45 (0.3-3.cool nmol/L

showing my doc, he said maybe there is a mistake somewhere and ask for a re-run in April which is;

free T4: 8.2 (7.2-16.4)pmol/l
free T3: 4.5 (3.8-6.0) pmol/l
TSH: 9.58 (0.37-3.5)mIU/

pls, how can the high tsh affect my ttc? am yet to show my doc as my appt is next week. moreso, how can i suppress d high tsh?
thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 11:51pm On Apr 27, 2015
adelurv:
Hi Doc..I've not mensturated since january. I was given gynecosid after the doc tested that I wasn't pregnant.. Could it be infection or what?

I doubt an infection is causing amenorrhea. Gynecosid is estrogen alone. You need both estrogen AND progesterone in order to restore your normal cycle. Additionally, an unopposed estrogen is not recommended either due to risk of endometrial hyperplasia.

Please, so back to do and request for combined hormone (estrogen + progestrone)
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 11:55pm On Apr 27, 2015
This is a consequence of gastric (stomach) acid reflux. So follow recommendations for Acid reflux:

Avoid spicy, highly acidic or fatty foods
Loose weight if overweight
Avoid alcohol, smoking or caffeinated beverages
Eat at least 2 hours before lying down (at night)
Sleep on an inclined head of bed, or stacks of pillows.
IF he has allergies, avoid allergens or treat with anti histamines.

Good luck.

brilapluz:
Good morning @Doc,
please i wud like to know d best medication for constant clearing of d throat for my broda...it is a sensation dat keeps making him clear his throat constantly...

he has taken sum strong antibiotics related to d issue....he has stopped taking cold drinks in order for it to stop...

i made a research and read dat constant throat clearing is associated with laryngeal reflux...and some comments suggested apple cidar water as a solution...how true is dat?

i just want to know a medication dat works best and if there is a home-made recipe for such issue...look forward to your reply...Thank you!!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 12:08am On Apr 28, 2015
Doctors in the house am aving sore throat since last week thur av tried out different antibiotics and it very painful I can't sleep as well..pls wah can I do?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 12:11am On Apr 28, 2015
Xiadnat I just noticed that you're the doc smiley

It's so kind of you to offer your time and knowledge like this. God bless you hun kiss

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.