Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,872 members, 7,817,568 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (147) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (636560 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 3:26pm On May 14, 2015
Mdolalekan2u:
Hello doctor,
Please what medicine can I use to get rid of ezema(ifo in Yoruba )
It's been disturbing me quite a long time. I need permanent solution please.
Happy to hear from u soon.
Thanks for your usual cooperation.
Best regard

Get a good moisturizer lotion and apply to affected clean and damp area. Also can add: 1% hydrocortisone cream to area.

Best
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by FavourEmma: 5:04pm On May 14, 2015
Hi,
Good evening Doctor,
I had cramping for a week before my period finally came on the normal date....I was expecting pregnancy cuz..I haven't experienced such cramping before...Please is it normal? Kindly help me.
Thank You.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 6:33pm On May 14, 2015
Xiadnat:

I would need more detailed history from you. But, to be safe, visit a doctor and get a neurological exam plus or minus head imaging to rule out tumor.

Your cerebellum is involved in balance. Medulla is involved in regulating functions as breathing, heart rate. Hipocampus regulates your emotion. Your frontal cortex of cerebrum regulates personality and behavior.

So, this could just be a psychological phenomena such as a physical manifestation of emotional issue--for diagnosis of exclusion.

However, I would suggest ruling out brain tumor as the worse case scenario
Upon physical examination, a doctor in my university health centre assessed me of having thyrotoxicosis but I couldnt pursue treatment until now. Symptoms dt still persist are tremor, headache and slight swelling of my thyroid gland left lobe only. Palpitation ceased.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 7:19pm On May 14, 2015
FavourEmma:
Hi,
Good evening Doctor,
I had cramping for a week before my period finally came on the normal date....I was expecting pregnancy cuz..I haven't experienced such cramping before...Please is it normal? Kindly help me.
Thank You.

If you cramped and bled normal bleeding and not just spotting, then, it is normal
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 7:21pm On May 14, 2015
Blastfinito:
Upon physical examination, a doctor in my university health centre assessed me of having thyrotoxicosis but I couldnt pursue treatment until now. Symptoms dt still persist are tremor, headache and slight swelling of my thyroid gland left lobe only. Palpitation ceased.

Interesting. Tremor and palpitation are two very important diagnostic clue you did not mention at your initial post. Good you sought help.

Best.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nico4luv: 8:31pm On May 14, 2015
dr. how much money do u think is appendix operstion in naija.?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by FavourEmma: 9:25pm On May 14, 2015
Xiadnat:

If you cramped and bled normal bleeding and not just spotting, then, it is normal

Thank u for quick response...it wasn't spotting...it was normal flow...but I was worried...cuz of how the pain was so serious....for a week...
..I never knew it can be normal....
But Doctor....what could have cause that...?
like I said...I have never experience that before.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by kin101: 8:12am On May 15, 2015
Xiadnat:

You are in chronic carrier state. You are not actively infectious abd low risk of liver cancer.

You do not need treatment unless you are in active liver failure.

Therefore, this should not affect your job opportunities even if they check it.

Checking for hepatitis infection should not be required unless the job requires it such as in health care proffessionals where there is a possibilty of boodily fluid exposure.

What kind of job is this?

Yes, some people can completely clear the virus from their body and thus become actively immuned. But it is not a cure.

Best

lecturing job.

doctor,what does it mean to say that HBV DNA ADVOCATED TO RULE OUT THE CORE MUTANT ANTIGEN?

also what are the possible ways of developing active immunity against the hbv,am expecting that since the body has responded by producing antibody against hbeag then it should imply that the immune system is responding accordingly.anticipating your reply.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by GrandvilleMed: 9:40am On May 15, 2015
Morning fellow Nairalanders. Change is in the air and we can all benefit from this change.

So many men and women suffer from uneven skin-tone. However there's is solution that won't break the bank.

Have u heard of Grandville Medical & Laser? They specialize in all sorts of surgeries and can also help with ANY skin issues.

Check out there website: www.grandvillemed.com Or give them a call @ 090-9177-0981

1 Share

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by abayomi93(m): 10:08am On May 15, 2015
Helo doctor,I am getting better now.but I still feel week,my extremities are feeble,they are week its as if I lack blood bcus my hands are dry nd I can see the veins which was not soo bfor. I was having palpitations,HBp,shortness of breath,frequent urine,cold extremities nd sweeting.nd I have done FBC,PBS,thyroid test,urine test,ECG,chest xtray.etc.nd d doctors said they are okey.it was only d ECG that showd (left ventricular hypertrophy).though most of these symptoms have reduced drastically after taking propranol nd twynsta for a while. Its just that my hands are dry nd shakky as if there is no blood bt I have done CBC,nd d blood count is okey.its as if the water in my body has dried up,if I touch my hand I feel the bones,nd I see my veins.it was not soo bfor.I use 2 b a little bit chubby.soo if I walk/work a little I get stressed out,which also affects my BP. Pls wat do u tink myt be wrong,cud it be d water I lost during the time I was constantly sweeting Nd urinating? Pls help
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by saheed2532(m): 11:15am On May 15, 2015
LOOSE THAT WEIGHT This may not be important to you but it is to several of us who are so much concerned about our looks and know much on health related issues. Research has shown that has people grow fat and develop more weight on a daily basis, they are prone to some health challenges ranging from diabetes, breathing problem, infertility and irregular flow... LOSE THAT EXCESS WEIGHT IN 30 DAYS “If you have been trying to lose weight but cannot help these cravings for food" "or wondering What do celebrities use to lose fat so quickly?”, "My Fiancé would soon be back and I want to look trim and sexy.", "You have been wondering how to lose weight. Slimming teas and green teas have not worked" "Are you tired of all those weight loss tips that doesn't work?" "Since you have your baby you have not been able to shift the fat you gained" "Your growing pot belly is a serious challenge to your looking smart and good as a man or woman" The easy way to get of all these problems is out and you can buy T5 Fat burner slimming pills which is the strongest legal weight loss pills. All you need to do is take 1 tablet as soon as you wake up and it will curb your appetite, give you lots of energy and burn the fat off - Do not take late at night as you will have too much energy to sleep and don't take it if you are a pregnant woman. Very simple ! Get the T5 Fat burner slimming pills today and save yourself from accumulating excess fat which could lead to various health challenges. Get it here at the cheapest price here http://­ www.t5fatburners.com.ng/?t_id=SaheedUthman
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by corpROYAL(m): 12:59pm On May 15, 2015
@Doctors in the house or Damartologist in the building.

l have a friend and l need this medical advise for him.

he always sweat excessively at the fore head and always complain the slight headache.

what is the causes of this sweat and what are the medication and medical advise you can give him.

thank you as you contribute.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 2:29pm On May 15, 2015
Nico4luv:
dr. how much money do u think is appendix operstion in naija.?

I simply do not know. I do not reside in nigeria. Perhaps post a separate thread do others can chime in.

Sorry. Goodluck
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 2:35pm On May 15, 2015
FavourEmma:

Thank u for quick response...it wasn't spotting...it was normal flow...but I was worried...cuz of how the pain was so serious....for a week...
..I never knew it can be normal....
But Doctor....what could have cause that...?
like I said...I have never experience that before.

How old are you? If you are young, perhaps its just normal physiological progression.

A chemical called prostaglandin is responsible for the cramps; which is just painful contraction of your uterus.

Prostaglandin is made by your uterine linning under the influence of estrogen.

So for some reason, you made lots of prostaglandin and/or estrogen-- for this cycle in question.

Dietary changes can do that. Hormonal changes such as contraception can do that.

Other causes of painful cramps: fibroid, endomyosis.

However, it depends on how bad this cramp is. If it worsens, consider seeing a gyn.for exam.

Feel free to ask further questions, concerns, comment.

Best
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 2:46pm On May 15, 2015
kin101:

lecturing job.

doctor,what does it mean to say that HBV DNA ADVOCATED TO RULE OUT THE CORE MUTANT ANTIGEN?

also what are the possible ways of developing active immunity against the hbv,am expecting that since the body has responded by producing antibody against hbeag then it should imply that the immune system is responding accordingly.anticipating your reply.

HBV-DNA is a way of checking for active viral replication. This means that if it is present in large quantities, then you are actively shedding virus in your system.

Active immunity is when you are infected and your body clears it. This means that your body has made antibodies against it- this will show up in lab as HBsAb+, HBcIgG+, HBeAb+.

You are in chronic state per your results but to tell if you are actively replicating or making new virus, get HBV DNA.

HBe is just one type of protein the virus sheds in the bloodstream that makes you infectious to other people. Having antibody against the e protein does not neccessarily mean immunity.

HBc is the core protein for the viral survival and the one that your body needs to make antibody against. Positive HBc antibody is tolerant immuned state - a form of active immunity.

However, even in active immunity state, virus can reactivate at dangerously suppressed immune state at anytime in your life. So, still need to keep checking those viral/liver function labs periodically.

Also: passively immunize yourself and others in your household against hepatitis virus by getting Hep AB vaccination.

Best.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 3:17pm On May 15, 2015
Can you send me results of those tests you did at all?

Private message me if you want to. It is really hard to give you answer when i cannot see you, dont really have good history and exam and no test results to read.

Did they find any issue on your physical exam?

I also wonder of intoxication or heavy metal poisoning??

Tell me what you can about yourself

Stay well and hang in there

abayomi93:
Helo doctor,I am getting better now.but I still feel week,my extremities are feeble,they are week its as if I lack blood bcus my hands are dry nd I can see the veins which was not soo bfor. I was having palpitations,HBp,shortness of breath,frequent urine,cold extremities nd sweeting.nd I have done FBC,PBS,thyroid test,urine test,ECG,chest xtray.etc.nd d doctors said they are okey.it was only d ECG that showd (left ventricular hypertrophy).though most of these symptoms have reduced drastically after taking propranol nd twynsta for a while. Its just that my hands are dry nd shakky as if there is no blood bt I have done CBC,nd d blood count is okey.its as if the water in my body has dried up,if I touch my hand I feel the bones,nd I see my veins.it was not soo bfor.I use 2 b a little bit chubby.soo if I walk/work a little I get stressed out,which also affects my BP. Pls wat do u tink myt be wrong,cud it be d water I lost during the time I was constantly sweeting Nd urinating? Pls help
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 3:18pm On May 15, 2015
corpROYAL:
@Doctors in the house or Damartologist in the building.

l have a friend and l need this medical advise for him.

he always sweat excessively at the fore head and always complain the slight headache.

what is the causes of this sweat and what are the medication and medical advise you can give him.

thank you as you contribute.

Hyperhydrosis. What brings it about and any other symptoms? Can also get checked out.

Manage it conservatively with anti-perspirant, staying cool or anticholiergics medications that your doc can preceibe. Can also do botox injection.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by eddie7: 4:52pm On May 15, 2015
Pls Dr, need to know if there's medication for nose bleeding....I'm over 30yrs. Thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by kin101: 8:08pm On May 15, 2015
Xiadnat:

HBV-DNA is a way of checking for active viral replication. This means that if it is present in large quantities, then you are actively shedding virus in your system.

Active immunity is when you are infected and your body clears it. This means that your body has made antibodies against it- this will show up in lab as HBsAb+, HBcIgG+, HBeAb+.

You are in chronic state per your results but to tell if you are actively replicating or making new virus, get HBV DNA.

HBe is just one type of protein the virus sheds in the bloodstream that makes you infectious to other people. Having antibody against the e protein does not neccessarily mean immunity.

both hbciGg and hbeab is positive.............shouldnt it imply that the virus is not replicating?

the job is a lecturing job

HBc is the core protein for the viral survival and the one that your body needs to make antibody against. Positive HBc antibody is tolerant immuned state - a form of active immunity.

However, even in active immunity state, virus can reactivate at dangerously suppressed immune state at anytime in your life. So, still need to keep checking those viral/liver function labs periodically.

Also: passively immunize yourself and others in your household against hepatitis virus by getting Hep AB vaccination.

Best.

both hbcIGg and hbeab is positive.

the job is a lecturing job
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Shigoboy(m): 3:21pm On May 16, 2015
Hello doctors in the house, help me out, I've been having constant catarr for about 3 years now, which I though its just happening like that, but its getting more worst, whenever I took catarr drugs its only sustain me for a day or 2 days, ppl asked me to treat malaria, I did that, but still the same thing, plz what could be the course and way out, plz help this thing is embarrassing.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Dadsonval(f): 6:42pm On May 16, 2015
Pls, what medications or herbs that can cure ovarian cysts for ttc?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by revenge001: 8:07pm On May 16, 2015
Doctors in the house, am in serious trouble angry
I just discovered that my partner is hiv positive on 12th of this month. I went for a test on 15th it came out negative...... Meanwhile I have been in a relationship with her for closely 9 months now and we have had unprotected sex severally and have shared sharp objects too! Hope am not infected? angry
Waiting patiently for 3 months to come

Cc Xiadnat advice me please
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 2:22pm On May 17, 2015
[quote author=kin101 post=33776246][/quote]

Your HBcIgG is positive?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 2:24pm On May 17, 2015
Shigoboy:
Hello doctors in the house, help me out, I've been having constant catarr for about 3 years now, which I though its just happening like that, but its getting more worst, whenever I took catarr drugs its only sustain me for a day or 2 days, ppl asked me to treat malaria, I did that, but still the same thing, plz what could be the course and way out, plz help this thing is embarrassing.

Please describe your symptoms and any medical history.

Thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 2:26pm On May 17, 2015
Dadsonval:
Pls, what medications or herbs that can cure ovarian cysts for ttc?

None of the aforementioned. Are you having pain from the said cysts? If not, leave it be. If so, see a gyn for exam and management.

Best
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 2:31pm On May 17, 2015
Doctors in the house, please which kind of foods aid in cleansing the body especially for a former smoker.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 2:31pm On May 17, 2015
revenge001:
Doctors in the house, am in serious trouble angry
I just discovered that my partner is hiv positive on 12th of this month. I went for a test on 15th it came out negative...... Meanwhile I have been in a relationship with her for closely 9 months now and we have had unprotected sex severally and have shared sharp objects too! Hope am not infected? angry
Waiting patiently for 3 months to come

Cc Xiadnat advice me please

You are potentially infected. What kind of test did you take? ELISA?

Repeat test in a few weeks or sooner.

I wish you luck. In the mean time, please refrain from sexual interaction with others or any exchange of blood. If you have to, use barrier protection like condom or gloves.

Best
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 2:34pm On May 17, 2015
elookoo:
Doctors in the house, please which kind of foods aid in cleansing the body especially for a former smoker.

What do you mean by cleansing? Do you have symptoms or?

Drink plenty of water! Eat foods more fruits and veggies and foods high in fiber.

Fiber and water cleanses the gut

Best
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 2:40pm On May 17, 2015
Xiadnat:

What do you mean by cleansing? Do you have symptoms or?

Drink plenty of water! Eat foods more fruits and veggies and foods high in fiber.

Fiber and water cleanses the gut

Best

thanks for the quick response, I don't have any symptoms.thanx a lot I think you answered my question.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by revenge001: 2:56pm On May 17, 2015
Xiadnat:

You are potentially infected. What kind of test did you take? ELISA?

Repeat test in a few weeks or sooner.

I wish you luck. In the mean time, please refrain from sexual interaction with others or any exchange of blood. If you have to, use barrier protection like condom or gloves.
Best
don't know the kind of test....... but below is the picture of the lab test angry

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Shigoboy(m): 2:58pm On May 17, 2015
Xiadnat:

Please describe your symptoms and any medical history.

Thanks
I mean continuous sneezing, and later causes headache, but the headache is not the issue but the sneezing, these are the drugs I normally use; maxigrip, procold, actifed, piriting, but these drugs only sustain me for 1 or 2 days, and I've also treated malaria.

Thanks.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 3:28pm On May 17, 2015
revenge001:
don't know the kind of test....... but below is the picture of the lab test angry

It says screening so it is likely ELISA, repeat test in 6 to 12 weeks. If positive, confirm with another test called western blot. If western blot is positive, start antivirals and HIV management.

If negative ELISA for second time up to 12 weeks after initial test, then your are fairly free.

If you want fast track all this, get HIV DNA test now and be done with the waiting and then proceed with result.

Good luck

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.