Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,820 members, 7,817,394 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (173) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (636524 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 5:56pm On Sep 19, 2015
lilspiceyy:

Can you further describe pain? Sharp, tingling, dull, numbness etc... where in the feet/hands/wrist? Any pain elsewhere or other symptoms on your body? Anything else that helps or worsens it?

I will say: do get you blood sugar checked preferably via serum, can get finger prick on glucometer if that is cheaper and easier for you.

There is arthritis, but need to check other causes. Do add: blood count too, and TSH/T4 if you can afford them.

Regards
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Mrluv(m): 7:18pm On Sep 19, 2015
Xiadnat:
mrluv:

May I ask your age range? Are you sexually active? Any discharge? Painful urination or attempt? Any rashes etc on peni.s?
am 25 year old stil a virgin ..i only notice hotness wen i want to piss bt not everytime
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 9:39pm On Sep 19, 2015
Please o Doc i need help.....
Ive had this bowel issues for almost a week now, i usually feel lyk i need to use the toilet but when i get in nothing will come out, i can stay for almost an hour.
Its asif i can feel my poo in my stomach but something seem to b blocking it from coming down.... Am really uncomfortable pls HeLp......
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by pweetiedee(m): 8:02am On Sep 20, 2015
Xiadnat:

Which bothers you most: diarrhea or the belly pain?

Here are my recommendations:

1. Stress management and relaxation techniques
2. Keep food diaries of possible foods that are causing or worsening symptoms. Pay attention to sugary/lactose foods, caffeine, corn, wheat/gluten, citrusy substances.
3. Trial of bentyl (dicycloamine) 20 mg 4x daily for two weeks. If it doesn't stop belly cramping, stop it.
4. Other options if bentyl doesn't work: trial of anxiolytic like paroxetin.e or anti-depressants like TCA.

Just let me know what you want to do.

Regards.
I have only being trying the relaxation techniques, and I have been trying to stay away from stress.
No food causes it.
but now I have noticed this starts like a week to my period. cramps and stooling starts and I loose weight. pls help me. I notice I have insomnia too.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by klem93(m): 8:25am On Sep 20, 2015
Mouth sore... whats the cause and cure
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 12:05pm On Sep 20, 2015
mrluv:

Get your urine checked and follow suit per urinanalysis if positive for urine infection.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 12:06pm On Sep 20, 2015
sammyomal:
Please o Doc i need help.....
Ive had this bowel issues for almost a week now, i usually feel lyk i need to use the toilet but when i get in nothing will come out, i can stay for almost an hour.
Its asif i can feel my poo in my stomach but something seem to b blocking it from coming down.... Am really uncomfortable pls HeLp......
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 12:07pm On Sep 20, 2015
sammyomal:

Constipation possibly. Solution depends on cause. Have you had belly surgeries in the past? How is your diet?

Anyway, do get bowel cleanser; as in stool softener. Also drink plenty of water, eat more fruits/veggies, and fiber rich foods, and less red meat and carb dense foods.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 12:11pm On Sep 20, 2015
pweetiedee:

If it starts a week before period, is this your normal PMS symptom then?

Try the medication I suggested in my last post, and see if it helps.

Re insomnia: how is your sleeping habit? Try improve sleeping techniques first: sleep on firm soft mattress, bedroom should be dark and only for sleeping (or sex), no glaring at phone, computer and TV screens before sleep. Eat few hours before sleep.

Are you anxious/depressed about anything? Keep working on stress relief.

Regards.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 12:15pm On Sep 20, 2015
klem93:

Depends on cause. Are you sexually active or engage in MouthAction? If so, then screen for STD.

If not, there's common virus cause, or there are also causes like nutritional or vitamin deficiencies and in some cases, some systemic medical condition. Or just too drip of a mucous membrane; in that case, drink water and apply moisturizer.

Tell me more about the nature of the sore, where is it, what does it look like? Is it more of cracked lips or deep in the mouth/gums/corner of mouth, lips? tongue, sides? Is it bleeding, open sore?

Regards.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by klem93(m): 12:26pm On Sep 20, 2015
[quote author=Xiadnat post=38196065]
gum and lips and bleeding tongue whenever I brush sometimes
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 12:30pm On Sep 20, 2015
[quote author=klem93 post=38196318][/quote]

Oh wow.....I suspect gum disease as in gingivitis or periodontal condition.

Can you afford or access a dentist?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by klem93(m): 12:36pm On Sep 20, 2015
ok I will tanks... though not in the country at the moment but i will try and locate one thanks a bunch
Xiadnat:

Oh wow.....I suspect gum disease as in gingivitis or periodontal condition.

Can you afford or access a dentist?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 1:21pm On Sep 20, 2015
Xiadnat:
sammyomal:

Constipation possibly. Solution depends on cause. Have you had belly surgeries in the past? How is your diet?

Anyway, do get bowel cleanser; as in stool softener. Also drink plenty of water, eat more fruits/veggies, and fiber rich foods, and less red meat and carb dense foods.
Tnx
Have not had belly surgery before. And have been drinking working much lately, please what bowel clenser wud you suggest i use
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by pweetiedee(m): 2:35pm On Sep 20, 2015
Xiadnat:
pweetiedee:

If it starts a week before period, is this your normal PMS symptom then?

Try the medication I suggested in my last post, and see if it helps.

Re insomnia: how is your sleeping habit? Try improve sleeping techniques first: sleep on firm soft mattress, bedroom should be dark and only for sleeping (or sex), no glaring at phone, computer and TV screens before sleep. Eat few hours before sleep.

Are you anxious/depressed about anything? Keep working on stress relief.

Regards.
its not my normal PMS symptoms. I do have menstrual pain sometimes, and the frequent bowel movement used to be only during my period, now its days to my period.
which of the drugs should I use first?
I work online, and I am not really anxious abt anything.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 4:32pm On Sep 20, 2015
sammyomal:

Tnx
Have not had belly surgery before. And have been drinking working much lately, please what bowel clenser wud you suggest i use

Dulcola.x, colac.e, mirala.x. Can also try suppository laxatives like bisacody.l rectal, if you have to stooled for up to a week now.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 4:34pm On Sep 20, 2015
pweetiedee:

its not my normal PMS symptoms. I do have menstrual pain sometimes, and the frequent bowel movement used to be only during my period, now its days to my period.
which of the drugs should I use first?
I work online, and I am not really anxious abt anything.

Try benty.l (dicyclomine) 20mg PO qd.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 5:59pm On Sep 20, 2015
Xiadnat:

Dulcola.x, colac.e, mirala.x. Can also try suppository laxatives like bisacody.l rectal, if you have to stooled for up to a week now.
Thanks a lot xiadnat,
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by uobimba(m): 3:39pm On Sep 21, 2015
i took vein injection and my hand swelled and is given me some pain,what may i do
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by uobimba(m): 3:41pm On Sep 21, 2015
good day friends and doctors in d house. I took vein injection and my hand swelled and is given me some pain,what may i do?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by afolayan22(m): 8:48am On Sep 25, 2015
Xiadnat:

Does it shake randomly when at rest or more like with activity?

There is essential tremor that often is familial.

Do you have other symptoms, similar issue with family member or what is your medical history?

Do you also take excessive caffeinated beverages?
yes it does shake without doing any activity
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by preachersdota: 9:06pm On Sep 25, 2015
Hello Doc, noticed something growing in my right eye and went to the hospital on tues but was asked to come back nExt week tues. Woke up this morning and notice its entered d left eye. Am really scared and confused
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Caringpro(f): 6:09am On Sep 26, 2015
hello dr plz u want to knw wht is the cause of sore /wound by the side of my vagina after making luv with huzy. i always notice that and a few days it will heal by itself. i hv treated infection. i dnt knw wht could be the cause
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 11:59am On Sep 26, 2015
afolayan22:
yes it does shake without doing any activity

You did not answer the rest of the questions, or are they negative? Again, do you take any medications, drink caffeinated beverages, under enormous emotional/psychological stress, anxiety/stress? Any other symptoms you notice? Anyone in the family has similar tremor etc?

The most common cause of resting tremor is neurological disorder; parkinsons' disease. What is your age bracket?

I recommend getting a neurological exam and doing some lab tests: thyroid function.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 12:01pm On Sep 26, 2015
preachersdota:

Hello Doc, noticed something growing in my right eye and went to the hospital on tues but was asked to come back nExt week tues. Woke up this morning and notice its entered d left eye. Am really scared and confused

Is vision affected? Blurry? Double vision? Pain? Discharge? Redness? If non of the above, it's likely benign. Do follow up with eye exam. perhaps a floater, foreign substance?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 12:04pm On Sep 26, 2015
Caringpro:
hello dr plz u want to knw wht is the cause of sore /wound by the side of my vagina after making luv with huzy. i always notice that and a few days it will heal by itself. i hv treated infection. i dnt knw wht could be the cause

You are probably getting a small vaginal tear/cut with intercourse. Try using plenty of lubrication before intercourse and keep area clean and dry, with some moisturization afterwards.

Do get checked for STD if some concerns of that.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 12:06pm On Sep 26, 2015
uobimba:
i took vein injection and my hand swelled and is given me some pain,what may i do

Do get checked out for vein thrombosis and injection site infection. Best case scenario, it is just a reaction to the injection. In that case, RICE: rest, ice, compress and elevate area.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Onifari(m): 5:46pm On Sep 26, 2015
Doctor sometimes my urine colours turns white sometimes it turns yellow, and i urinate frequently like every one hour, please what is the cause??
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Walexz02(m): 2:47am On Sep 27, 2015
Good morning doctor, my brother is very ill, he had a fracture in his leg which has refused to heal for over a year now. day before yesterday he went to one of our sister's house who happend to be a nurse to make some complains about his back and she gave him some injections( I think for pain relieve) ever since he took the injection he could not move his legs or body again. Please someone should help us he is becoming a vegetable some one should help us please
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Caracta(f): 3:19pm On Sep 27, 2015
Xiadnat:

Do get checked out for vein thrombosis and injection site infection. Best case scenario, it is just a reaction to the injection. In that case, RICE: rest, ice, compress and elevate area.

Hi. Quick question.

How do you explain high ESR of 31...though it recently dropped to 28 after the patient was placed on medications? Please note that ESR has been high consistently for a long period of time.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 3:47pm On Sep 27, 2015
Xiadnat:
lilspiceyy:

Can you further describe pain? Sharp, tingling, dull, numbness etc... where in the feet/hands/wrist? Any pain elsewhere or other symptoms on your body? Anything else that helps or worsens it?

I will say: do get you blood sugar checked preferably via serum, can get finger prick on glucometer if that is cheaper and easier for you.

There is arthritis, but need to check other causes. Do add: blood count too, and TSH/T4 if you can afford them.

Regards

please I want to know if appendix operation can affect a woman during delivery. she was operated upon ten years ago
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 6:14pm On Sep 27, 2015
Onifari:
Doctor sometimes my urine colours turns white sometimes it turns yellow, and i urinate frequently like every one hour, please what is the cause??

Go and get your blood sugar checked. Can be due to drugs or food/drink intake. Are you on any medication? Supplements? Any pain or tingling with urination? White as in less yellow or like clear pure water? Any medication condition y'know of?

When you say turn as in you watch it change color? Or it comes out that way?

If you are dehydrated: urine will take up more yellowish color.
If you are more hydrated: it will take up clearer color.

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.