Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,635 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:19 PM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (172) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (635131 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Koolmexxi(m): 1:37am On Sep 12, 2015
Doc. I need ur advice. A friend of mine thinks his girlfriend may be pregnant. According to him, they had unprotected sex about 2wks ago and he erupted inside her once. She decided to take a post pill and got menstrogen of which she took 2 pills dat same night. Now a couple of days ago she complained to him about having sore nips with whitish discharge coming from dem and d first thought on his mind is her being pregnant..
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by honeyjoy77: 4:38am On Sep 12, 2015
[quote author=Xiadnat post=37910940]Honeyjoy77:

Your prolactin is normal.

For best interpretation of the rest, i need to know if the test were done during your follicular, luteal or mid cycle phase of your cycle. Do you know?

Best

Thanks Dr. The test were done on 7th day of my circle.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by honeyjoy77: 4:49am On Sep 12, 2015
Xiadnat:
Honeyjoy77:

Your prolactin is normal.

For best interpretation of the rest, i need to know if the test were done during your follicular, luteal or mid cycle phase of your cycle. Do you know?

Best

Thanks Dr. The test were done on 7th day of my circle.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by unuane1(m): 8:57am On Sep 12, 2015
Xiadnat:

Alright, fair enough. Are you symptomatic at all? I mean, why did you obtain this analysis and culture in the first place. Is it for conception/fertility issues or? Why are you taking antibiotics.

I did say this result is confusing. I think PUS cells of 1-2 HPF can be normal, but only if it is incidental discovery.

I would say repeat test in a few months and culture fluid again.

Good luck.
Thanks again. I did endoscopy last week so after it I was place on those antibiotics. Although I had staph infections in the past so I was not too sure if I had been totally free from the staph so I decided to do semen culture. I had done urine culture too but came back negative but I was not too sure about the urine culture hence I went for semen culture so I had to be completely sure I don't have staph infection anymore. pls even at this can the antibiotics am on now take care of any infection that may still be within my system. Thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Oppy4God(f): 2:42pm On Sep 13, 2015
doctor in d house pls help me oo .am too slim in my late 20s i only weigh 46. which is under weight.i eat and sleep alot o.infact the am on cypril - gold and protobex.what i use to add weight.thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 4:22pm On Sep 13, 2015
Oppy4god:

I say, get a well adult check up from a doctor and determine if anything is off medically. Get screened gor thyroid and sugar.

Eat well balanced diet of protein and good fat. If you are too active, slow down

Good luck
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 4:24pm On Sep 13, 2015
Unuane1

Endoscopy? For what? Staph was not the problem in the first place. Prolly should not be on antibiotics unless you were symptomatic.

What was wrong initially?

Your fluid analyis is just fine.

Good luck
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 4:43pm On Sep 13, 2015
Honeyjoy77:

Then, i think i can safely assume you are in follicular phase. Based on that, FSH is normal. LH is low. Progesterone is elevated.

If you ttc, do this test 7 days after ovulation. Post ovulatory profile is best indication for fertility.

But i am not fertility expert, so do consult with one.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 4:46pm On Sep 13, 2015
Koolmexxi

Get a pregnancy test to be sure.

The discharge is likely side effect of drugs. Too early for it to be due to pregnancy
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 4:48pm On Sep 13, 2015
Kaybills:

Try ursodeoxycholi.c acid. Thats chemical name.

Or try actigal.l which is trade name. Or see if there are similar sounding root word urs.o

I hope i dont get censored again by auto ban

Good luck
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Koolmexxi(m): 4:56pm On Sep 13, 2015
Xiadnat:
Koolmexxi

Get a pregnancy test to be sure.

The discharge is likely side effect of drugs. Too early for it to be due to pregnancy
Ok thanks a lot. Just what I suggested to them. She's even complaining about sharp pains around her lower abdomen whenever she's stressed or does something strenuous like lift something heavy. I have advised them to just go to a hospital/clinic for a proper check up.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by honeyjoy77: 9:24am On Sep 14, 2015
Xiadnat:
Honeyjoy77:

Then, i think i can safely assume you are in follicular phase. Based on that, FSH is normal. LH is low. Progesterone is elevated.

If you ttc, do this test 7 days after ovulation. Post ovulatory profile is best indication for fertility.

But i am not fertility expert, so do consult with one.

Thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by tatacherie: 1:16pm On Sep 14, 2015
Xiadnat:
Tatacherie

Did they check your blood glucose or HIV status as part of your prenatal screening?

Try miconazol.e vaginal suppository or cream based
Hi Dr,I did HIV test negative,n full blood count.don't know if fbc n blood glucose test is same though.mycoten pessaries was prescribed n I'm much better now.thanks a lot
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by LeurenWilliams: 1:59pm On Sep 16, 2015
Hello friends am from USA,i want to share this wonderful testimony to the people who are in the same problem that i was before i meant DR.SUKU i was living with HIV for the past 2 year, just last month as i was browsing on internet, i saw a testimony of somebody called SARAH, testifying of how she was cured from HIV/AIDS by Dr.SUKU and i decided to also email and tell him about my problem, and as i did that he told me that he will help me to cure my disease,and then he told me to wait for some time ,and after one week he told me to go for another HIV test, which i did, and to my greatest suppress i was confirmed negative. all thanks be to Dr.SUKU and if you know that you are in this problem email him now:greatsukusolutiontemple@hotmail.com all thank to Dr. SUKU he was the one that cure me less than 24hour thank you lord and Dr.SUKU from healing me from this disease if you need cure 100% on HIV contact him I promise you, you we rejoice like me call him on +234874839242 and i strongly believe that he will help you just as he did mine.i advice you to contact him vie email address:greatsukusolutiontemple@hotmail.com

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 2:11pm On Sep 16, 2015
LeurenWilliams:
Hello friends am from USA,i want to share this wonderful testimony to the people who are in the same problem that i was before i meant DR.SUKU i was living with HIV for the past 2 year, just last month as i was browsing on internet, i saw a testimony of somebody called SARAH, testifying of how she was cured from HIV/AIDS by Dr.SUKU and i decided to also email and tell him about my problem, and as i did that he told me that he will help me to cure my disease,and then he told me to wait for some time ,and after one week he told me to go for another HIV test, which i did, and to my greatest suppress i was confirmed negative. all thanks be to Dr.SUKU and if you know that you are in this problem email him now:greatsukusolutiontemple@hotmail.com all thank to Dr. SUKU he was the one that cure me less than 24hour thank you lord and Dr.SUKU from healing me from this disease if you need cure 100% on HIV contact him I promise you, you we rejoice like me call him on +234874839242 and i strongly believe that he will help you just as he did mine.i advice you to contact him vie email address:greatsukusolutiontemple@hotmail.com

Ole!!! You are a scammer. Cc: seun lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Annie09: 5:19pm On Sep 16, 2015
i have been suffering from ezcema for sometime now, would like to know if there is any permanent cure for it. Thanks.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by alabosian(m): 5:57pm On Sep 16, 2015
Hello Doc, how effective is this drugs Manfx and Renerve plus. The drug was prescribe for me by a Doc. Can u recommend a drug for me to boost sperm count and motility.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by oluwaniyi66(m): 9:12pm On Sep 16, 2015
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Elegantdiva: 3:13am On Sep 17, 2015
what can i possibly use for virgina itching ? which i noticed two days ago but no discharge.just the iitching. And what could likely be the cause?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lanruz: 8:30am On Sep 17, 2015
Mrng Doc,tanx for d gud wrk.wat test(s) wld u recommend for someone that intend to get married soon to screen d body of any type of infection.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by eridemilade: 1:03pm On Sep 17, 2015
Doctors in the house pls come to my aid!!!

I do not ve EWCM instead during ovulation period it has always been a cloudy thick discharge. I don't know what dis means, is it an infection because it has been like dis for some time now.... pls help me with what to do because I'm scared...
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Mrluv(m): 7:50am On Sep 18, 2015
Doctor pls am thinking something is wrong with me, when i get the urge to urinate when i get to the toilet i wud have to wait some second and other time i wud be forcing the piss out and sometime it wud not come out at all and i normally feel hotness in my penis
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lolostic: 8:45am On Sep 18, 2015
hi doc
one of my brother has been battle with hernia pains in his pennis no money to operate it as advice by people please is there any drugs he can take to reduce or cure the pains since 5days now. Thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lilspiceyy(f): 2:37am On Sep 19, 2015
Hello doctors in the house, pls I need your help. I have been having pains on my feet for 2 years now and and it's usually worst in the morning when I wake up dat I had to take pain relieve tablets to make it go away. But, recently it's gotten to my fingers that at times its difficult to hold on to sometin tightly. One thing I realised is, whenever I use hot water the pain goes away a little. I have series of tests including arthritis test but am all clear.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 5:41pm On Sep 19, 2015
annie09:

No, no permanent cure. Just treat with potent moisturizers and emollients.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 5:43pm On Sep 19, 2015
I don't know of drug to boost sper.m count except for to eat well balanced diet, and exercise.

Is there a reason why you are concerned with low sper.m count?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 5:45pm On Sep 19, 2015
elegantdiva:

Viriginal itching treatment depends on cause. If no discharge or STD, then determine what is it irritants that is causing itch and eliminate it.. As in, what are you applying, using in that area etc? Anything new? If you are sexually active, I would get STD screen first tho.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 5:46pm On Sep 19, 2015
eridemilade:

Visit a doc, and ask for STD panel/screen: this should include all the general ones: chlamydia/gonorrhea, HIV, Trichomonas, syphillis, HPV.

Good luck.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 5:48pm On Sep 19, 2015
eridemilade:

What is EWCM? Cloudy thick discharge? Is this abnormal for you? If not, then visit a doctor for pelvic exam in case of infection or bacterial vaginosis. Are you TTC-ing?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 5:49pm On Sep 19, 2015
mrluv:

May I ask your age range? Are you sexually active? Any discharge? Painful urination or attempt? Any rashes etc on peni.s?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 5:50pm On Sep 19, 2015
lolostic:

unfortunately, no drug. the definite treatment is surgical. Can take pain control, but really need the surgery before it gets further complicated.

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.