Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,694 members, 7,816,836 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (219) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (636371 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) ... (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Lexusgs430: 9:47pm On Oct 01, 2017
Daeyou:
Happy independence to everyone, i am new here!

Please I had a big scar of burn on my leg but the spot looks very soft than other part of my leg due to the effect of the burn, such that it's very difficult and takes a long time for any little wounded part of the leg to get healed!

Please what can I do to the scar even if it can not be eradicated completely!!!!HELP ME!

How was the burn originally treated? Did it involve any form of skin graft or you opted for traditional methods? Are you diabetic?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Daeyou(m): 10:48pm On Oct 01, 2017
Lexusgs430:

How was the burn originally treated? Did it involve any form of skin graft or you opted for traditional methods? Are you diabetic?
The burn wasn't given any serious treatment, I only apply a blackish substance to return the colour of the skin!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Lexusgs430: 10:53pm On Oct 01, 2017
Daeyou:
The burn wasn't given any serious treatment, I only apply a blackish substance to return the colour of the skin!

So you opted down the traditional route (blackish substance)?

Unfortunately a physical examination is required. Which entails visiting a hospital.......

Are you diabetic?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Daeyou(m): 10:58pm On Oct 01, 2017
Lexusgs430:

So you opted down the traditional route (blackish substance)?

Unfortunately a physical examination is required. Which entails visiting a hospital.......

Are you diabetic?
No am not diabetic!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Lexusgs430: 10:59pm On Oct 01, 2017
Daeyou:
No am not diabetic!

Good starting point....... Book an appointment for physical examination...
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Daeyou(m): 11:02pm On Oct 01, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Good starting point....... Book an appointment for physical examination...
Alright, I would try that!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Esji80(m): 6:01pm On Oct 02, 2017
Lexusgs430:

If a nail is digging and causing pain, massaging with bonjela might provide temporary relief.

The only overall solution is, removing the offending nail.......
thanks,alot:I think I have to go for another extraction because the tooth has a cavity which consumed 1/4 of it.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by FrodoBagins: 6:29pm On Oct 02, 2017
Please I have been feeling really tired and lethargic for some time now with body aches. I took malaria drugs and then started having headaches. I checked my b.p and was told my blood pressure is really low. What can I do cos I'm typically very energetic.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Idrhas(m): 2:51pm On Oct 03, 2017
Hello house. I have been having this itch for a week now. it comes and go. usually worse at night when I'm sleeping. pls wat can I do doctors. This happens at this time of the year annually. I ve been observing.

cc. Dr Frenchfriez
Dr Lexusgs430
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 7:34pm On Oct 03, 2017
Idrhas:
Hello house. I have been having this itch for a week now. it comes and go. usually worse at night when I'm sleeping. pls wat can I do doctors. This happens at this time of the year annually. I ve been observing.

cc. Dr Frenchfriez
Dr Lexusgs430
Looks to me like you have a seasonal allergic issue as your body has been sensitized to respond to certain irritants that come around at this time of the year. Oftentimes it comes when the air becomes damp or when the rains are receding which provides a right atmosphere for the irritant ti flourish.
Do you have any of catarrh, cough or headaches?
I would encourage that you expose your beddings and mattress to sunlight for a couple of days and as much as possible, iron your bed wears and sheets to kill of possible irritants.
If after these you still experience the itch, then you would be adviced on the drugs you can get.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Lexusgs430: 7:49pm On Oct 03, 2017
Frenchfriez:

Looks to me like you have a seasonal allergic issue as your body has been sensitized to respond to certain irritants that come around at this time of the year. Oftentimes it comes when the air becomes damp or when the rains are receding which provides a right atmosphere for the irritant ti flourish.
I would encourage that you expose your beddings and mattress to sunlight for a couple of days and as much as possible, iron your bed wears and sheets to kill of possible irritants.
If after these you still experience the itch, then you would be adviced on the drugs you can get.

Idrhas:

cc. Dr Frenchfriez
Dr Lexusgs430

Might be bedbugs feasting on OP........
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaboy756: 8:20pm On Oct 03, 2017
pls back of the neck hurts inside, unique chils esp under AC, can produce mucus from the throat at will and this neck pains at times goes down to the shoulders and inside d head near d back neck. what could b wrong. i hv done xray that came out fine. been treated for malaria and enteric fever but back neck pain still persists. help pls
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Idrhas(m): 9:19pm On Oct 03, 2017
Lexusgs430:

this is possible. I just took care of them recently tho. and can they be cause if such intense itch. my head starts getting itchy when I sleep then I scratch. its sooo frustrating...
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Idrhas(m): 9:22pm On Oct 03, 2017
Frenchfriez:

please let's skip to the pills part. I already took care of these far. enough sunlight get on my mattress will try the ironing. tell me wat to get. it becoming unbearable faa
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Lexusgs430: 10:13pm On Oct 03, 2017
Idrhas:

this is possible. I just took care of them recently tho. and can they be cause if such intense itch. my head starts getting itchy when I sleep then I scratch. its sooo frustrating...

All you are presenting, are typical signs and symptoms of bed bugs building a castle on you.........

Solution --

-Wash the bites with soap and water. This will help prevent a skin infection and help reduce itchiness.
- Apply a corticosteroid cream to the bites (Visit a Doctor to suggest best steroid based cream)
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by qubys(m): 11:56pm On Oct 03, 2017
Hello there, been having frequent heart burn attack lately but after using some antibiotics and antacids, I would be relieved for like 3 to 4 weeks before it would occur again. what do you think could trigger it (my thought is that I'm allergic to something that I've not figured out). The attack comes mostly at nights and would be up for like 2 to 3hrs before I eventually get to sleep and usually when this happens, I use to have difficulty breathing.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 12:16am On Oct 04, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Yes , just maybe. That's why lifestyle adjustment has to come first. Ironically na pharmacological management op wan hear grin
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Idrhas(m): 10:07am On Oct 04, 2017
Lexusgs430:

All you are presenting, are typical signs and symptoms of bed bugs building a castle on you.........

Solution --

-Wash the bites with soap and water. This will help prevent a skin infection and help reduce itchiness.
- Apply a corticosteroid cream to the bites (Visit a Doctor to suggest best steroid based cream)
Sir. there is no visible sign of bites
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Lexusgs430: 10:08am On Oct 04, 2017
Idrhas:

Sir. there is no visible sign of bites

The sites you are scratching/itching, are the bite and drop spots......
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Idrhas(m): 10:42am On Oct 04, 2017
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Idrhas(m): 10:43am On Oct 04, 2017
Lexusgs430:

The sites you are scratching/itching, are the bite and drop spots......
that's the whole body Sir
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Concernedme: 1:38pm On Oct 04, 2017
Concernedme:
Well done to all doctors in the house. Please i need help for my husband. He is having weak erection and is unable to sustain an erection. I started observing this about a month ago and he has refused to talk about it (ego/pride). Coupled with this, we are trying to conceive. We treated infection two months ago and did another test for confirmation which came back clear. He has also refused to carry out seminal fluid analysis. I have discussed in the most respectful of ways all to no avail. I bought wellman conception and maca (now product) for him and he started taking it on Friday 22nd. Though i haven't seen any significant change yet, please what other drug/supplement should i get for him? Apart from drug/supplements, is there any fruit/diet he should change to. I'm just really feeling for him and its affecting our marriage coupled with TTC wahala. Please help!

Much thanks to Xiadant, Lexusgs430, Ammeria and Frenchfriez for replying me concerning the above.
This is his brief history
No diabetes, no HB, infact no terminal disease apart from the usual typhoid/malaria
He likes sugary stuff. Drinks pepsi and the likes everyday sometimes twice a day
Smokes 2 to 3 sticks of cigarette daily.
We had (heavy) staph and treated it. Went for a confirmatory test and the results came back clean.
He doesn't exercise and he isn't fat
He's 38
He gets an erection but loses it at 40 seconds interval.
Please what is the way forward?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Lexusgs430: 2:46pm On Oct 04, 2017
Concernedme:

Much thanks to Xiadant, Lexusgs430, Ammeria and Frenchfriez for replying me concerning the above.
This is his brief history
No diabetes, no HB, infact no terminal disease apart from the usual typhoid/malaria
He likes sugary stuff. Drinks pepsi and the likes everyday sometimes twice a day
Smokes 2 to 3 sticks of cigarette daily.
We had (heavy) staph and treated it. Went for a confirmatory test and the results came back clean.
He doesn't exercise and he isn't fat
He's 38
He gets an erection but loses it at 40 seconds interval.
Please what is the way forward?

Did he ever masturbate, thereby offsetting the erection cycle?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Concernedme: 4:30pm On Oct 04, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Did he ever masturbate, thereby offsetting the erection cycle?

Nope. To even do it for seminal analysis is a wahala.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Lexusgs430: 5:50pm On Oct 04, 2017
Concernedme:

Nope. To even do it for seminal analysis is a wahala.

Madam, the best amount of e-consultation would not help, if your husband does not consent to or refuses to physically/medical intervention.......

How was your se.x life before marriage?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lotannad1: 6:50pm On Oct 04, 2017
pls my 2mth old baby has serious cough.I took her to hospital and she was given antibiotic which has aggravated d stuff with vomiting. I am stopping d antibiotics right away.what else can I do?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Lexusgs430: 12:59am On Oct 05, 2017
lotannad1:
pls my 2mth old baby has serious cough.I took her to hospital and she was given antibiotic which has aggravated d stuff with vomiting. I am stopping d antibiotics right away.what else can I do?

Why was she given antibiotics? What antibiotics was prescribed?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by afolayan22(m): 9:30am On Oct 05, 2017
Frenchfriez:

Intention tremors, that's some non-specific sign of peripheral neuropathy (a problem with the nerves that supply your arms). A number of conditions could be implicated especially problems with the thyroid, and in rare instances , autoimmune ish. These are wild differentials as you can only be approximately diagnosed when a full neurological evaluation is done and you run a test of two...........you know what to do wink
Can you be of help sir and are there special hospital for that?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Concernedme: 11:21am On Oct 05, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Madam, the best amount of e-consultation would not help, if your husband does not consent to or refuses to physically/medical intervention.......

How was your se.x life before marriage?

Excellent and even after marriage. The issue is just a recent development. I guess I'll have to talk to him again. I really appreciate your time. Thanks.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 12:59pm On Oct 05, 2017
afolayan22:
Can you be of help sir and are there special hospital for that?
Which town are you in?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Omaa1(f): 6:37pm On Oct 05, 2017
Hello Good evening Everyone,
I have been having running nose and congestion for almost 4 weeks now. I went to a pharmacy close to me, was given priton, but it didn't clear, I went back and told them. They gave me loratadine, erthromycin and white vitamin c. I have finish taking it but it didn't stop. I don't have any other symptoms of cold neither do I feel sick, but my nose keep blocking.
I have also used otirivine nasal drop, was advise not to use use it for more than 3 days. Each time I use it, it decongest my nose for like 5-7 hours and then it becomes congested again.
Please what do I do
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by honeyjoy77: 7:09pm On Oct 05, 2017
Please when is the right time or duration for a person that was put to bed through CS to conceive again.

(1) (2) (3) ... (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) ... (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.