Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,223 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (636899 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 3:10pm On Aug 04, 2009
doctor fit, did I miss something
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lollyd1(f): 11:20am On Aug 07, 2009
doctor pls

i had a sore on my genital area

went to see a pharmarcy and she gave me levotil levofloxaxin tablet

pls i need to know what my problem is

and also after i took the drug the sore went away only to re appear after a week again ,

i went to by th edrug again and i took it and the sore went away but it re appear again and again

pls doctor am in a very desperate position right know becaues this sore are very painfu;

thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking1: 3:48pm On Aug 08, 2009
lolly-d:

doctor pls

i had a sore on my genital area

went to see a pharmarcy and she gave me levotil levofloxaxin tablet

pls i need to know what my problem is

and also after i took the drug the sore went away only to re appear after a week again ,

i went to by th edrug again and i took it and the sore went away but it re appear again and again

pls doctor am in a very desperate position right know becaues this sore are very painfu;

thanks

I'm afraid you may be wasting time taking this antibiotic blindly. Genital sores maybe sign of a very serious medical problem. Please go see a doctor for complete examination, sample collection, and advice. I emphasize urgency, because syphilis progresses from stage 1 to 3, becoming more lethal as it progresses. Also levoquine type of antibiotics are not used to treat syphilis.

1 Like

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by sparta(f): 12:12pm On Aug 11, 2009
hi doc,

what can be used to cure long time itching on the skin and a cut that is taking so long to heal?

Thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking1: 2:59am On Aug 12, 2009
sparta:

hi doc,

what can be used to cure long time itching on the skin and a cut that is taking so long to heal?
Thanks

Before you think treatment, first think about what might have caused the itching? An insect bite, allergic reaction, infection, etc?
How long is "so long"?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by titilaelae(f): 8:55am On Aug 12, 2009
I have a 4month old son who suffers from incessant tummy ache which has been interpreted as Unbilical Cord pains. Ordinarily, its supposed to be controlled by Gripe Water but it's not helpful in my own case. Hot compresses don't help either. Not that its continuous but when it hits the boy its usually strong and takes away his sleep as well as mine. I thought it would stop at 3months but he's 4 now and it still hasn't stopped. What can I do please?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Oluschenco(m): 1:56pm On Aug 12, 2009
Please, I discover recently that hardly does sperm comes out by 3rd round, the 3rd round may even be 2 hours after but i discovered that sperm seizes. it comes out only in the first 2rounds/nite

1 Like

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by rose2009: 10:14am On Aug 14, 2009
Hi, your idea is very interesting , I really like it. Thanks a lot undecided

simulation taux banque credit immobilier de France - Credit immobilier de France, simulation credit immobilier. Résultat mitigé pour le crédit immobilier de France.simulation taux banque credit immobilier de France
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Oluschenco(m): 11:04am On Aug 18, 2009
Is the doctor no more available

Please, I discover recently that hardly does sperm comes out by 3rd round, the 3rd round may even be after 2-3 hours rest. But i discovered that sperm seizes. it comes out only in the first 1 or 2 rounds/nite
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Pappyyemo: 7:54pm On Aug 18, 2009
THANKS the help grin at last a doc the house, let me dive in to the ocean now, but i need your reply now, i always dis pain on my chest any time i drank coldwater, or anytin cold even if i stay without covering body.

Any help 4 partners with same blood type,e.g AS and AS

pls what can do send my reply here yemmy2k1@yahoo.com

check me out here: perfecthealthforall..com
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by kpofkpof: 9:36pm On Aug 18, 2009
Dr Balogun

Please iwould love to know my chances. I was diagnosed of Stage one hypertension sometimes last year and the doctor recommended a change in lifestlye to monitor it, after they discovered that it (hypertension) runs in my famuliy they placed me on one drug( i cant remember the name). That one caused me severe headaches and they changed it to Atenol (Tenoric-50and vasoprin). So i really would love to know the side effects of this atenol because i would really want to stop it.

Initially my BP was 150/100 and im just 31 (dont mind my profile age o) and yet to be married, after a while of being on the drugs it stabilized on 140/80. A friend of mine introduced me to a DETOX Diet which i have been on for a month, and coupled with Daily Water therapy, i noticed that my BP has been fluctuating between 120/80 and 125/79. It seems to be a great development as i have even lost a few pounds and i am considering stopping the drugs and strictly be on the Detox Diet

I am really scared of the side effects, so i want to know my chances if i stop this medication.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by igbalajobi: 2:06pm On Aug 19, 2009
Hi Dr.
My husby had a semen analysis test and the result is below. But we still 3 weeks to meet the Dr. so I would like to have an idea of the result and whether it is a reason why we are still searching for baby

Volume 2.5ml
Colour greyish – white
Viscosity viscous
Motility motile 50%, Non motile 50%
Morphology swollen head 2%; curved neck 1%, curved tail 1%
Sperm count 28 x 10b cells
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 11:07pm On Aug 19, 2009
Oluschenco, the reason why I haven't answered personally is I am unsure whether you are showing off or just wasting my time
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by C2H5OH(f): 1:25am On Aug 20, 2009
oluschencho do you consume enough fluid during the day?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 9inch: 10:36am On Aug 20, 2009
i rili nid help on dis and i joined nairaland just 2 find a solution 2 my problem.

for years nw i have been applyin vecuten cream 2 my face 2 treat sum patches dat keep appearin on it.but everytime i tink d problem is solved and i dnt apply it for just 1 day d patches appear almost instantly.infact vecuten has becum my face cream.den afta a while i noticed dat sumtymz it just doesnt solve d problem and d patches keep appearin anyways on even my chest and back.

i just recently started using funbact-a.i apply it every mornin like lotion on my face cos if i dont i look hideous.

i badly need a permanent solution to dis problem cos dese creams are bleaching my face and i dont like dat at all.

ive tried withdrawin from dem but if i stop usin dem for even a day.my face starts havin patches and different colourations over it, im sure my problem is not poor hygiene, pls help me sumbody b4 its too late for me
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 9inch: 10:53am On Aug 20, 2009
i rili nid help on dis and i joined nairaland just 2 find a solution 2 my problem.

for years nw i have been applyin vecuten cream 2 my face 2 treat sum patches dat keep appearin on it.but everytime i tink d problem is solved and i dnt apply it for just 1 day d patches appear almost instantly.infact vecuten has becum my face cream.den afta a while i noticed dat sumtymz it just doesnt solve d problem and d patches keep appearin anyways on even my chest and back.

i just recently started using funbact-a.i apply it every mornin like lotion on my face cos if i dont i look hideous.

i badly need a permanent solution to dis problem cos dese creams are bleaching my face and i dont like dat at all.

ive tried withdrawin from dem but if i stop usin dem for even a day.my face starts havin patches and different colourations over it, im sure my problem is not poor hygiene, pls help me sumbody b4 its too late for me
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 9inch: 1:49pm On Aug 20, 2009

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 8:10pm On Aug 20, 2009
9inch, I will need someone to decipher your language or jargon.
9inch, I will need someone to decipher your language or jargon
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by C2H5OH(f): 9:01pm On Aug 20, 2009
Balogun:

9inch, I will need someone to decipher your language or jargon.
lmao
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by chidipupay(m): 9:37pm On Aug 20, 2009
Hello doc,

I need your help and advice. My girl friend saw her period on july 25-29 and later this month on the 13th she saw it again. there was a time we had sex without protection and she took postinure 2. i don't know what caused the abnormality in her period. should we have anything to worry about?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by C2H5OH(f): 9:38pm On Aug 20, 2009
Hi, why did you have sex without protection? Are you trying for a child or ready to father a baby?
Please think before plugging it in before you mistakenly make her swell up.
Thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 9:46pm On Aug 20, 2009
C2H5OH, our job here is not to judge peoples actions. We give them advice!!
Chidipupay, after a woman takes postinor2 (morning after pill), there is always a possibility of break through bleed. It should say so on the package
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by C2H5OH(f): 9:48pm On Aug 20, 2009
Doctor Balogun, I believe that qualifies as an advice.
I only cautioned the guy to be wise if he knows he's not ready to father a baby.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 9:56pm On Aug 20, 2009
Ok. I'll accept that smiley
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by chidipupay(m): 11:13pm On Aug 20, 2009
Thanks Doc, My fears are, hope the drug will not demage anything in her system, also will her period return to normal. because it like she saw her mc twices in a month. also should we have anything to worry about her being pregnant? I really appreciate your advice
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking1: 5:18am On Aug 21, 2009
C2H5OH:

Doctor Balogun, I believe that qualifies as an advice.
I only cautioned the guy to be wise if he knows he's not ready to father a baby.

Oga C2H50H
I know you did give an advice, but I doubt that you've given a medical advice. This is the one of the threads on Nairaland where people in desperate need come for free medical advice. Given your history of joking on this thread(see pages 36) and distracting patients seeking a medical opinion and doctors trying to offer these advice, I would advice that if you're not a qualified physician, please look for another thread to give your own type of advice. If in doubt, just look at the title--Doctor in the house: Free medical advice available.

@Moderator
FYI
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by C2H5OH(f): 6:41am On Aug 21, 2009
Guy, I understand what you are getting at.  You are making things seem bigger than they are, nk1.  Dragging the issue beyond its border.  Bringing up pasts unrelated to the present. What was so out of line about the given advice @ nk1. Safe sex is designed to reduce STIs or STDs, pregnancy etc, and giving the person in question a tip to consider that in the future sounds healthy, not judgmental.  The issue has been discussed a lot earlier with Dr. B and should not be dragged any further. If that does not qualify as healthy advice I don't know what does.
If your argument is that doctors are the only ones qualified to give informative advice on health, we can agree to disagree on that.  No harm done.
You can reply but I won't respond.  Your thread is yours as you seem to be adamant about having it that way. Good day.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 9inch: 9:25am On Aug 21, 2009
doc i dnt get wat u mean by language or jargon

dat's pretty nasty, i actuali do hav a serious problem and im lookin 4 a solution 2 it, dnt know aw clearly u want me 2 break it dwn again.

help me if u can dnt ridicule me
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking1: 4:13pm On Aug 21, 2009
9inch:

doc i dnt get wat u mean by language or jargon

dat's pretty nasty, i actuali do hav a serious problem and im lookin 4 a solution 2 it, dnt know aw clearly u want me 2 break it dwn again.

help me if u can dnt ridicule me

No doctor could realistically give you any advice if he/she didn't understand what you're talking about.Texting language and symbols are not yet standard medical communication medium, because it leaves too much confusion/misinterpretation.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by kathyekiti: 3:29am On Aug 22, 2009
@ 9 inch
In other words, spell out the words and don't use shorthand you believe he should know. It isn't meant to ridicule you.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lannre(m): 2:46pm On Aug 23, 2009
Please help I have indigestion, it has become so chronic that it gives me discormfot, its a continual thing . My tummy will just be full without eating. I feel weak easily and my eyes itch.I do forget thing easily and fiight back to rember events. Sometimes I feel like something is moving withing my skin(inner skin) The only Drugs I was prescribed whenever I see the Dr. includes Gascol and some strong anti biotics that will change my mental alertness.

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.