Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,859 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (636995 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking1: 1:54am On Aug 24, 2009
lannre:

Please help I have indigestion, it has become so chronic that it gives me discormfot, its a continual thing . My tummy will just be full without eating. I feel weak easily and my eyes itch.I do forget thing easily and fiight back to rember events. Sometimes I feel like something is moving withing my skin(inner skin) The only Drugs I was prescribed whenever I see the Dr. includes Gascol and some strong anti biotics that will change my mental alertness.
Because you have seen an MD about your condition, I would assume that your diagnosis of indigestion is correct. However, your situation begs for answers to other related questions; are you loosing weight, if so how much, over what time period; do you have nausea/vomiting. How about signs of reflux such as acid taste, and regurgitation of ingested food? These questions are important for one to rule out gastroesophageal reflux disease(GERD), gastritis, gastric outlet obstructive conditions, hiatal hernia, etc.
While Gasvicon(Gascol) could help with excessive acid condition, there is no antibiotic that would change mental alertness--well not yet!

Issues realating to your condition include weight, age, body habitus, alcohol intake, types of food---fatty vs non-fatty food, etc.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by dan4sunfun(m): 9:16am On Aug 24, 2009
Thanks a lot Doctor. pls what can one use to treat low sperm count or watery sperm? my friends told me that there are some fruits that you can you to treat low serm count. that is they are rich in busting the sperm count instead of using medications.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Oluschenco(m): 3:15pm On Aug 24, 2009
C2H5OH:

oluschencho do you consume enough fluid during the day?

Thanks for your response, did you mean fluid as in water? I only drink 2-3 satchets of Water a day.

Balogun:

Oluschenco, the reason why I haven't answered personally is I am unsure whether you are showing off or just wasting my time
Wasting your time means i am also wasting my time & resources.
Please its real, hardly wil semen come the third time.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lannre(m): 8:57pm On Aug 24, 2009
naijaking1:

Because you have seen an MD about your condition, I would assume that your diagnosis of indigestion is correct. However, your situation begs for answers to other related questions; are you loosing weight, if so how much, over what time period; do you have nausea/vomiting. How about signs of reflux such as acid taste, and regurgitation of ingested food? These questions are important for one to rule out gastroesophageal reflux disease(GERD), gastritis, gastric outlet obstructive conditions, hiatal hernia, etc.
While Gasvicon(Gascol) could help with excessive acid condition, there is no antibiotic that would change mental alertness--well not yet!

Issues realating to your condition include weight, age, body habitus, alcohol intake, types of food---fatty vs non-fatty food, etc.

thanks for your quick response, I think you are right alcohol increase the symptom. its high time I stop it. But what about the moving thing in the inner part of my skin, and if no drug can stop my high mental alertness,(hyper active I call it) what can I do to stop it, its disturbing. currently I am a civil servant and someone said my brain is been retard that thatz why
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ObamaUS: 5:40am On Aug 25, 2009
Hello Doctors in the house,
please a newly set up diagnostic company with modern facilities needs a Medical doctor with a sound knowledge of ultrasound and ECG with over 3-4 years experience.
please send your resume and scanned documents to ambassadorlanry@yahoo.com before 1st sept,
Salary is very attractive,
God bless
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 7:45pm On Aug 25, 2009
Thanks for the offer ObamaUS. As for me, I will have to decline your offer. Too vague smiley
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ObamaUS: 5:27am On Aug 26, 2009
@Balogun,what do you mean by it's too vague?I got the advert from a newly set up company owned by a friend and it's got ultramodern facilities and here you are talking about it being vague, the fact that it doesn't suit you maybe because u are in scotland does not mean it wont suit other medical doctors looking for job, or do you think it's all doctors that are gainfully employed?

I'm just trying to help my fellow nigerians y giving them a valuable info and PLEASE try to respond in a saner manner next time,OGA HERBALIST
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking1: 2:26am On Aug 27, 2009
@ObamaUS
Do you have any medical problem we can help you solve on this thread?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by drmcl: 4:09pm On Aug 27, 2009
Hi there, I was wondering if you may be able to help me. I have a female friend there in Victoria Island. She is looking for iron supplements to help her with anaemia and doesn't know where she can find them. Can you possibly give me some advice as to where she could find some close to where she is? Is there a pharmacy or health food store there where she could go and buy some and if so, are they very expensive there? Or if that is not an option, can you give any advice as to how she could boost her iron intake?
I appreciate any help you can give me on this, thanks very much!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by biggaboy: 11:58am On Aug 28, 2009
Hello Doc.

I need your assitance, quite for long period of time i use to have a wormlike movement in my gullet , even when eating or after eating , i will be feeling contest between the food and the wormlike thing. When it started , i used so many local herbs , even use anti-acid (that of recent) but all to no result. please what can cuased this and the remedy?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by chidipupay(m): 12:21pm On Aug 28, 2009
Do, Please i need your advice, its very important to me. I am kind of like noticing some decline in my sexual feeling. I release withing a min and my penis goes down easily,and it take time to come up, i feel i am not getting to the full length whenever it comes up. also my semen is kind of watery. I did STI test last two year and also did the same test last year with XYZ test all prove negative. I don't know what next to do. it is really affecting me. what do you recommend i doHelp a fellow broda doc
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Oluschenco(m): 12:49pm On Aug 28, 2009
ObamaUS:

OGA HERBALIST

Please respond to my question.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by denny4ril: 8:40pm On Aug 29, 2009
catarrh is caused by encouraging certain bacteria in the body. this happens when the body is exposed to cold. so avoid cold as much as possible during rainy season and take hot food and drink. wrap urself while sleeping. this strategy works like magic. c u later!

1 Like

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Kevostica(m): 4:08pm On Sep 02, 2009
@ Naijaking1
Pls i want to know if staph could be contacted through sex becuase my fiancee is free from the infection while i undergo treatment. Do u encourage lovemaking with or without condom? Is it possible to tranfer to her through kissing? Also which sex enhancer can u recommend for me?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking1: 6:17pm On Sep 02, 2009
Kevostica:

@ Naijaking1
Pls i want to know if staph could be contacted through sex becuase my fiancee is free from the infection while i undergo treatment. Do u encourage lovemaking with or without condom? Is it possible to tranfer to her through kissing? Also which sex enhancer can u recommend for me?

In theory every bacterial species is transmissible sexually, by close personal contact, and exchange of body fluids; staph is not the exception. However, the causative agent of your symptoms may not be staph. despite staph being isolated by the lab.

Like I said earlier, Neisseria gonorrhea, chlamydia, trichomonas, etc do cause similar symptoms, but they are not easily grown in the lab; instead, many labs isolate staph which grow as a contaminant on the culture medium or even in the urethra. Subsequently, treating this staph does little to treat the real culprit that has not been successfully cultured in the lab.

Your doctor knows other tests, apart from culture that can pin-point the real cause of your problems. In rare instances, treatment meant for staph. could also be effective against these agents, but it's always better to know the real cause of the symptoms.

It's always advisable to practice safe sex, and with condom.

Once again, depending on the real causative agent, you may or may not transmit it through kissing.

I'm sorry, am not able to recommend any sex enhancer to you at this time.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking1: 6:27pm On Sep 02, 2009
drmcl:

Hi there, I was wondering if you may be able to help me. I have a female friend there in Victoria Island. She is looking for iron supplements to help her with anaemia and doesn't know where she can find them. Can you possibly give me some advice as to where she could find some close to where she is? Is there a pharmacy or health food store there where she could go and buy some and if so, are they very expensive there? Or if that is not an option, can you give any advice as to how she could boost her iron intake?
I appreciate any help you can give me on this, thanks very much!

Many young women of mentrual age are really anemic in NIgeria and other developing Worlds. Iron supplement is a good idea. Another option is to try a form of contraceptive that would drastically reduce the amount of blood lost during menses every month. Though, I don't practice in Nigeria, I know that many pharmacy stores do carry some form of Iron sulphate, gluconate, or ferro-sulphate or another. I would recommend the Iron gluconate, but they maybe more expensive. Like all Iron pills, they may cause constipation, so you may need to add some form of stool softner to your therapy.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking1: 6:31pm On Sep 02, 2009
biggaboy:

Hello Doc.

I need your assitance, quite for long period of time i use to have a wormlike movement in my gullet , even when eating or after eating , i will be feeling contest between the food and the wormlike thing. When it started , i used so many local herbs , even use anti-acid (that of recent) but all to no result. please what can cuased this and the remedy?

It seems your describing the symptoms of refux disease. If I understand you correctly, you have a feeling of something coming back up through your esophagus(food pipe). If that is correct, then, some form of anti-acid, or proton pump inhibitor would do you some good.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking1: 6:35pm On Sep 02, 2009
chidipupay:

Do, Please i need your advice, its very important to me. I am kind of like noticing some decline in my sexual feeling. I release withing a min and my penis goes down easily,and it take time to come up, i feel i am not getting to the full length whenever it comes up. also my semen is kind of watery. I did STI test last two year and also did the same test last year with XYZ test all prove negative. I don't know what next to do. it is really affecting me. what do you recommend i doHelp a fellow broda doc

Need more information about your age, medical and social history to offer you any meanigful advice.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Kevostica(m): 11:35am On Sep 03, 2009
@Naijaking1
Thank u so much for your concern.I have being treating staph for the past 2yrs as a result of staph cultured in the result in more than 3 lab centres. I changed to a new lab centre and heavy growth of coliform organisms was cultured in the semen.I went to my doctor he gave ciprofloxacin as a result of the lab result.
I repeat the SFA  after 2wk and 1wk interval and thus is the result;
volume=5ml
viscosity=normal
color= grayish white
motility;
active=nil
inactive25%
dead=75%
mophology;
normal=40%
abnormal=60%
Count=12m
pus 2-3hpf, epith nil,others nil
heavy growth of coliform specie
sensitivity;
ciprofloxcin+++
pefloxacin+++
floxium+++
ofloxacin+++
Pls explain
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by biggaboy: 12:26pm On Sep 03, 2009
naijaking1:

Many young women of mentrual age are really anemic in NIgeria and other developing Worlds. Iron supplement is a good idea. Another option is to try a form of contraceptive that would drastically reduce the amount of blood lost during menses every month. Though, I don't practice in Nigeria, I know that many pharmacy stores do carry some form of Iron sulphate, gluconate, or ferro-sulphate or another. I would recommend the Iron gluconate, but they maybe more expensive. Like all Iron pills, they may cause constipation, so you may need to add some form of stool softner to your therapy.

Dr. you are the bomb!, i really appreciate your response. the anti-acid, can you recommend one in particular? syrup or tablet?, thanks once more
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by biggaboy: 12:30pm On Sep 03, 2009
naijaking1:

It seems your describing the symptoms of refux disease. If I understand you correctly, you have a feeling of something coming back up through your esophagus(food pipe). If that is correct, then, some form of anti-acid, or proton pump inhibitor would do you some good.

sorry for the mix-up

Dr. you are the bomb!, i really appreciate your response. the anti-acid, can you recommend one in particular? syrup or tablet?, pls what is proton pump inhibitor ? thanks once more
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Tobenia(f): 12:54pm On Sep 03, 2009
can one get pregant 3 days to her ovulation
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 1:00pm On Sep 03, 2009
Tobenia, short answer is yes!!!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 1:03pm On Sep 03, 2009
biggaboy, your antacids are gaviscon, maalox list is endless. The PPI are usually the omeprazole, esomeprazole, lansoprazole. List is endless. Most docrtors where you live should be able to prescribe

1 Like

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by adetunrayo(f): 4:59pm On Sep 03, 2009
Hi Doctors,

U are really doing a nice work here.

My mum has dis pain in her leg for a yr now, the leg has swollen and is very painful.She has been 2 a general hospital where she went 4 blood and urine test.Nothing serious was diagonised and she was given some drugs.But the pain is still there and the swelling has not gone down.Somebody said it may be diabetes.Is that true and what other remedies can u recommend.

Thanks u.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking1: 5:44pm On Sep 03, 2009
Kevostica:

@Naijaking1
Thank u so much for your concern.I have being treating staph for the past 2yrs as a result of staph cultured in the result in more than 3 lab centres. I changed to a new lab centre and heavy growth of coliform organisms was cultured in the semen.I went to my doctor he gave ciprofloxacin as a result of the lab result.
I repeat the SFA after 2wk and 1wk interval and thus is the result;
volume=5ml
viscosity=normal
color= grayish white
motility;
active=nil
inactive25%
dead=75%
mophology;
normal=40%
abnormal=60%
Count=12m
pus 2-3hpf, epith nil,others nil
heavy growth of coliform specie
sensitivity;
ciprofloxcin+++
pefloxacin+++
floxium+++
ofloxacin+++
Pls explain

If you're my patient, I would request for serological tests for the organisms I listed above if you're still having symptoms. Staph. is not usually sensitive to the ciprofloxacin family of antibiotics.

Coliforms--which is a loose term for a group of gram negative bacteria like E.coli maybe occasionally sentive to cipro. Again, your doctor needs to differentiate between sensitivity on a lab plate, and sensitivity in your body---that's where clinical experience comes in. Cipro has a good activity against urinary tract infection.

If you have a relieve from your symptoms, I would recommend that you stop all antibiotic for now, otherwise you run a risk of hurting yourself by eliminating benefitial bacteria organisms in your body.

I can't imagine treating somebody for staph for 2 years!

Your seminal fluid analysis result has no meaning if not collected properly. If kept outside the body and outside normal body temperature for more than 10-15 mins, you tend to loose sperm activity rapidly- so don't worry about that nil-activity for now.

1 Like

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking1: 5:52pm On Sep 03, 2009
adetunrayo:

Hi Doctors,

U are really doing a nice work here.

My mum has dis pain in her leg for a yr now, the leg has swollen and is very painful.She has been 2 a general hospital where she went 4 blood and urine test.Nothing serious was diagonised and she was given some drugs.But the pain is still there and the swelling has not gone down.Somebody said it may be diabetes.Is that true and what other remedies can u recommend.
Thanks u.

Take your mother to see a doctor who could order rheumatoid factor assay. The information we need from you are: How old your mother? Other medical problems? When is the pain worse-morning or evening? Does she have any swellings and deformity of her fingers? These questions will help us differentiate rheumatoid arthritiis from over-use arthritis or osteo arthritis. If she does have any one of them, then treatment would be easy, and she would be happy too.

2 Likes

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by denny4ril: 8:22pm On Sep 03, 2009
a agree with naijaking. take her 2 d doctor
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Aladunni(f): 8:57pm On Sep 03, 2009
Hi doctors on board, i need an urgent help now

He is 67 yrs old, had a cough that lasted for a whole month, last year november after so many tests including sputum and x-rays, nothing was found i mean he wasnt a TB patient either, no HIV, no cancer except an inflammed lungs.

He was later placed on some anti-TB drugs which he had used for the past 4 months, and of course the cough subsided until like a month back he developed cold and catarrh which was treated. 3 weeks ago the situation deteriorated so much so he was seriously weak and when taken to the hospital in his weak state, he was thoroughly checked, i mean BP, temperature, urinalysis, blood culture and the doctor refused to admit him stating he cannot diagnose whatever was wrong. we were referred to the university teaching hospital where SEPSIS was querried.

For almost two weeks he was placed on antibiotics, (rocephine and flagyl) he came around after 6 days, recognised people but he still confused and lethagic. we did series of test at the teaching hospital and which i could only pick a lil of the results, eg. after an ECG i saw something like Left Atrial Enlargment (meanwhile other tests showed "normal" "negative"wink, we also went for ECHO test which we could not collect till we were discharged cos as at then he was already eating and can sit on the chair and can also sit up by himself, although the general weakness is still evident as he cannot stand on his own without support.

Now my problem is that from time to time after he was discharge he has been in this confused state, sleeps for so long, doesnt shift on his bed and of course cannot stand to toilet. I wish i know what is wrong, as at today though he opened his eyes and talks in a confused state. I wish i can be helped. WHAT IS ACTUALLY WRONG?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking1: 2:08am On Sep 04, 2009
@Aladunni
It seems like he had some type of pulmonary process-pneumonia, etc that resulted in sepsis. This process responded favorably to appropriate antibiotic like rocephin. Though you gave very limited information about the EKG, maybe he had atrial fibrillation, then proceeded to have some type of cerebrovascular accident CVA or stroke. Though 67, he's still relatively young, and should do well under the right setting. I just dealt with a 109 year old woman here in NYC who still wants her coffee with one cube of sugar!
You've done well, but you need to do more to confirm the cause of his abnormal neurological status, and head CT scan would be indicated. Meanwhile, monitor and maintain his blood pressure within normal range, and rule out atrial fibrillation before he developes another episode of CVA. If he has fibrillation, then he must be placed on anticoagulant, and possiblly digoxin.
You need a cardiologist, neurologist, and a general practioner to cordinate everything. Good luck.

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.