Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,657 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

‘I Am Not Corrupt,’ Atiku Tells EFCC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘I Am Not Corrupt,’ Atiku Tells EFCC (21730 Views)

‎IPOB: Don’t Believe The Lies About Me, Atiku Tells Nigerians / Fulfill Your Promise To Nigerians – Atiku Tells Buhari / You Cannot Break Into My House And Go Free – Jonah Jang Tells EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘I Am Not Corrupt,’ Atiku Tells EFCC by skyo78(m): 8:42pm On Nov 14, 2016
So you basically shared money to all the senators from the campaign funds.

What exactly were you giving them funds for?

1 Like

Re: ‘I Am Not Corrupt,’ Atiku Tells EFCC by dunkem21(m): 8:43pm On Nov 14, 2016
Dreal11247:
One of the richest politician in Nigeria. How did you get your money. As you are busy preparing for your presidential race, OBJ is busy perfecting how to stop you.

Atiku is a business man wink

1 Like

Re: ‘I Am Not Corrupt,’ Atiku Tells EFCC by Nobody: 8:43pm On Nov 14, 2016
What cheap point is he trying to prove
Re: ‘I Am Not Corrupt,’ Atiku Tells EFCC by brainpower(m): 8:46pm On Nov 14, 2016
What I find baffling is that the same EFCC are the ones that interviewed him instead of investigating him. Oh I forgot, Atiku is a senior member of APC.
On other note, Atiku is highly connected in this country, only one person is stopping him from being the president and that's OBJ himself.

1 Like

Re: ‘I Am Not Corrupt,’ Atiku Tells EFCC by Nobody: 8:46pm On Nov 14, 2016
You are not corrupt ,you are kwarapt
Re: ‘I Am Not Corrupt,’ Atiku Tells EFCC by Yahami(m): 8:51pm On Nov 14, 2016

He said: “of course my boss, the president, investigated the story and found out that indeed every Senator got contributions from the campaign fund which I was managing. So where is the corruption in that?”

Nawao, I can now confirmed to you that there is no sincerity in this out Anti corruption war, is that not same campaign fund that our anti corruption war are chasing people for since assumption of office. I think for us to clear the doubt this man should join them in Kuje prison for prosecution as well. It's my own humble opinion not against any body or region

1 Like

Re: ‘I Am Not Corrupt,’ Atiku Tells EFCC by kcee112: 9:03pm On Nov 14, 2016
ATIKU for president 2019
God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: ‘I Am Not Corrupt,’ Atiku Tells EFCC by july66: 9:13pm On Nov 14, 2016
zakim:
Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar has denied being a corrupt person, a label that was created in the wake of a political tussle between him and former President Olusegun Obasanjo.

Atiku made this known in an interview with some officials from the media team of the EFCC, published in the latest edition of the anti-graft agency’s Zero Tolerance Magazine.

Responding to a question on how allegations of corruption became his albatross in the race for the presidency in 2006, he said: “well if Atiku is corrupt, he would have been found guilty of corruption by all the panels and probes and cases brought before courts.”

He said: “I remember the only corruption indictment against me was a white paper which was cooked up by our own administration over night to including the very EFCC that I helped found and other cabinet ministers, which I challenged in court.”

He said: “the court rightly dismissed all those indictments as being mere political; and till today nobody has ever indicted me of corruption.”

Also responding to allegations of corruption leveled against him by the Governor of Kaduna State, el-Rufai’s in his book Accidental Public Servant, Atiku said el-Rufai did not give any evidence or prove where I was corrupt.

He added that: “this is the same el-Rufai and others who incorporated Transcorp during my time as Vice President and offered me shares and I declined.”

“I wrote to them officially to say it was unethical of me to have accepted those offers, so, where is the corruption toga coming from.” He said.

Asked to explain the bribe scandal of N50 million, involving Senator Ibrahim Mantu, Jonathan Zwingina and others during el-Rufai ministerial confirmation screening, Atiku said: “No, that is absolutely not true.”

Atiku noted that el-Rufai ran to him and complained that he was denied confirmation by the Senate, adding that he called Mantu and others and confronted them.

He said: “It is also on record, because I controlled campaign funds, every Senator benefited from those funds; and el-Rufai now went and said those campaign funds were meant to be bribe.”

He said: “of course my boss, the president, investigated the story and found out that indeed every Senator got contributions from the campaign fund which I was managing. So where is the corruption in that?”

Read more at http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/-i-am-not-corrupt-atiku-tells-efcc/171639.html#7xw5PbMBx3tvQ7UV.99
This people can be funny. Atiku as a member of APC has been a saint in the eyes of EFCC. Last week the governor of Adamawa state said Atiku will likely contest the 2019 presidential elections & people are already becoming threatened and they have started playing the corruption card. God help us.

1 Like

Re: ‘I Am Not Corrupt,’ Atiku Tells EFCC by Nobody: 9:31pm On Nov 14, 2016
E be like say the vice president wey you do no dey OK for you
Re: ‘I Am Not Corrupt,’ Atiku Tells EFCC by DedeNkem: 9:35pm On Nov 14, 2016
Atiku is one of the most corrupt politicians in Nigerians history!
Re: ‘I Am Not Corrupt,’ Atiku Tells EFCC by holaralph(m): 9:51pm On Nov 14, 2016
THIS MAN ATIKU HAS JUST MADE ME TO COME OUT OF MY LEAVE FROM COMMENTING ON NAIRALAND FOR ALMOST 3 MONTHS. ATIKU! ATIKU! ATIKU! HOW MANY TIME DID I CALL YOU? IF YOU NOW SAY YOU ARE NOT CORRUPT THEN MY GRANDMOTHER IS STILL A VIRGIN LOLZZZZZZZZZ
Re: ‘I Am Not Corrupt,’ Atiku Tells EFCC by Emassive(m): 9:55pm On Nov 14, 2016
Obj and Atiku knows each other better. They looked the Blanket Nigeria used to cover herself from the cold nights
Re: ‘I Am Not Corrupt,’ Atiku Tells EFCC by cnonyechi(f): 10:01pm On Nov 14, 2016
Of course Atiku is not corrupt

Na me dey corrupt
Re: ‘I Am Not Corrupt,’ Atiku Tells EFCC by Nobody: 10:06pm On Nov 14, 2016
Gbam! Just same way bokoharam are not terrorist but freedom fighters!
Re: ‘I Am Not Corrupt,’ Atiku Tells EFCC by Bgorgeous: 10:06pm On Nov 14, 2016
Story for the gods
Re: ‘I Am Not Corrupt,’ Atiku Tells EFCC by reubeno(m): 10:08pm On Nov 14, 2016
This is quiet funy, gradually time is of the essence as 2019 tickles. Atiku is perfecting all the pot holes that will stop him from contesting for the number 1 position. Well i will advise him to go and settle with OBJ or else he will he risk sinking his money.
Re: ‘I Am Not Corrupt,’ Atiku Tells EFCC by Spidermon: 10:45pm On Nov 14, 2016
Atiku stole money when he was in customs too. But Obasanjo is a legend in stealing. Some armed robbers sef no get morale reach am
Re: ‘I Am Not Corrupt,’ Atiku Tells EFCC by ofwest47(m): 11:19pm On Nov 14, 2016
From the corruption invested fed. custom department to the massively stolen wealth of the nation under Obj/Atiku vandalized regime. where did he see the money to build one of the largest university in Nigeria he also claimed to be the highest employer of labour in the country where did all the money came from if not from over jara of corruption.

1 Like

Re: ‘I Am Not Corrupt,’ Atiku Tells EFCC by xnsandrxns: 11:49pm On Nov 14, 2016
4Play:
For those who query why the EFCC only questions personalities linked to GEJ, here you go. Atiku has been questioned by the EFCC:

Na so undecided
Re: ‘I Am Not Corrupt,’ Atiku Tells EFCC by ransomed: 11:59pm On Nov 14, 2016
Stealing is not corruption....Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.
Re: ‘I Am Not Corrupt,’ Atiku Tells EFCC by internetgangste: 12:06am On Nov 15, 2016
Atiku is as guilty as the word itself, he should just go and enjoy spending the money he stole he's lucky no one has his time. Atuki is not a option.

Maybe he should tell us why Nigerian airways had to pack up. Scumbag
Re: ‘I Am Not Corrupt,’ Atiku Tells EFCC by Antoeni(m): 12:14am On Nov 15, 2016
According to Janathan "stealing is not corruption"
Re: ‘I Am Not Corrupt,’ Atiku Tells EFCC by kolaaderin: 12:24am On Nov 15, 2016
In felas voice

You be thief , I no be thief
You be robber, I no be robber
You be pen robber, I no be pen robber

Arguement about stealing , somebody do take watin belong to a whole generation.

Catch am catch am you be thief --- ole
Catch am catch am u be robber --- ole
Catch am catch am you be pen robber --- ole

Watin we no go see for this country, do I blame him, after all stealing is not corruption . ordinary mere stealing .
Re: ‘I Am Not Corrupt,’ Atiku Tells EFCC by DangotePikin: 12:31am On Nov 15, 2016
4Play:
For those who query why the EFCC only questions personalities linked to GEJ, here you go. Atiku has been questioned by the EFCC:

stfu. It was an interview session with a magazine, not an interrogation. Try to read carefully to understand.
Re: ‘I Am Not Corrupt,’ Atiku Tells EFCC by nkemjacob2(m): 12:42am On Nov 15, 2016
i wont blame him. i blame d structure of our gvt. that why he cud say dis rubbish
Re: ‘I Am Not Corrupt,’ Atiku Tells EFCC by DeRay98(m): 3:32am On Nov 15, 2016
bejeiodus:
Obasanjo really did serious damage to Atiku's political career. He has not been able to recover from the smear campaign Obasanjo launched against him.

Atiku is doing all he can to warm his way into the hearts of the electorate. I hopefully pray he succeeds this time.

If you wish Atiku to succeed in is political ambitions then you don't wish Nigeria well.
It's IMPOSSICANT. Obasanjo is not a saint but dealing with an over ambitious V.P like Atiku was for a good reason.
Re: ‘I Am Not Corrupt,’ Atiku Tells EFCC by tolastikha: 4:51am On Nov 15, 2016
Its on record that all those that have been recommended by the Political Deviner "Obasanjo" to Nigerians as corruption free personalities are the One that have dealt the heaviest blows on Nigeria as a nation. The only person he has never recommended is Atiku. 2019 election, we are going to recommend Atiku for ourselves.

1 Like

Re: ‘I Am Not Corrupt,’ Atiku Tells EFCC by Izonpikin: 5:58am On Nov 15, 2016
kropotkin2:
Atiku is a slippery snake and all his political associates need be wary of him. Im presently reading former President Obassanjo"s book 'my watch', and in his narrative he has nothing but uncomplimentary words to describe Atiku and his shady character. I believe obassanjo's account
and would you disbelieve atikus account about thief obasanjo

1 Like

Re: ‘I Am Not Corrupt,’ Atiku Tells EFCC by mej67: 6:23am On Nov 15, 2016
Next President loading.....

1 Like

Re: ‘I Am Not Corrupt,’ Atiku Tells EFCC by fakati(m): 6:51am On Nov 15, 2016
richidinho:

Same campaign funds that Dasuki was managing that earned him a year in prison?
Who told you the one of Dasuki is campaign fund ? Money meant for arms purchase diverted for election be reasonable do you pray that one of those young officers that die as a result be a member of your household
Re: ‘I Am Not Corrupt,’ Atiku Tells EFCC by brilliant5(m): 7:01am On Nov 15, 2016
Lair
Re: ‘I Am Not Corrupt,’ Atiku Tells EFCC by Akaujaa(m): 7:09am On Nov 15, 2016
How can a fish say, I don't like water and you believe it?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Our Railway Dream Will Remain A Dream" - Shehu Sani / Revolution Now: DSS Seeks Permission To Detain Sowore For 90 More Days / Idimogu: Lagos Ndigbo Rejected Igbokwe Because He Didn’t Identify With Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.