Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,189 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) (98898 Views)

Pictures Of The Arthur Eze Flyover In Ebonyi Under Construction / Man Rides Bike On The Pavement Of Jubilee Flyover In Ajah, Lagos / Murtala Muhammed Way Flyover In Kano (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by LorDBolton(m): 10:34am On Nov 16, 2016
mikeapollo:

You are a liar! The idea of the flyover bridge was conceptualized under Atta Mills. But Mahama went ahead to contract the loan and do the job. It does not matter if all the loans came from China or Afghanistan. What matters is the loans are being used to do things that benefit the people. Even US owes debts.
You must be very ignorant! Who told you that almost 50% of their imports come from Nigeria? They rely on Nigeria for mostly oil and gas. But they are also developing their oil and gas and in the next few years their dependence on Nigeria will stop.
There is hunger in both Nigeria and Ghana! But Ghana is relatively better...they have light. water, better roads, better schools, security, social system etc. Ghana has a functional (national health insurance scheme)NHIS and primary school feeding programmes Where is NHIS and school feeding programme in Nigeria?
My brother, the naked truth is that Ghana may not be very rich as a country but their governments take better care of the citizens than the corrupt governments of Nigeria

But here they're blowing pipelines to starve the buhari GOVT of funds to implement the school feeding programme, the recruitment programmes, the vulnerable social welfare programme etc

Tbh I dislike a lot about pmb but if u observe his moves so far he's the most ambitious president we have had but his diplomacy leaves much to be desired.
Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by Mbilla(m): 10:55am On Nov 16, 2016
Henryadaku:

Ugo abi.........I won't even agrue with you its meaningless... Nah Una type full circle dey cos wahala for fellow Nigerians wey dey hia ......wait sef what's this argument all about because dem build fly over for Ghana ehhh come better pass Naija see u.......the current situation in Nigeria concerning the forex is artificial OK and stop giving me beerparlor talk Ghana's currency is the worst performing currency in the world naira is not not on the top ten list even in our recession sef Nigeria is Africa's biggest economy say whatever Nah u sabi as ehh nor favor u the country bad no be Soo.....typical ibo character my old woman Nah Togolese she dey soft for Abuja u dey Accra follow their primitive way of thinking dey put your own father land to shame .....pity....for your information I don dey Ghana for 10 years now and Naija 14 years so I don't know what u can tell me that I haven't seen nor heard of Goodbye
My brother forget those mumu Nigerians. I supply electrical parts in Ghana and Ivory coast and there is no part of 10 Regions in Ghana that I have not been to. my major customers are from the 3 Northern Regions of Ghana I.e Northern, Upper East and Upper West Regions. Honestly apart from the single line ECOWAS road the pass through Togo to Afloat border in Ghana straight to Accra to Kumasi to Tamale to Paga border btw Bokina faso and Ghana , you will never see any other tear roads in Ghana. Apart from some houses in Accra and Kumasi that have toilets, 98 percents of houses in othet part of Ghana don't have toilets. Visit the Upper East capital (Bolgatanga) and see how people defecating in open places and nearby bush while pigs are standby waiting for them to finish. Even their young ladies defecate in open. you will watch blue film and tied. Anyway their women don't care

4 Likes

Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by MrCEO69(m): 11:08am On Nov 16, 2016
ezeegolimited30:
ordinary Ghana I started respecting Ghana since 1 CEDI's is = 75 naira.

1 cedi = #130

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by mrphilipsade(m): 11:22am On Nov 16, 2016
I don't see any reason why this project should be a topic for discussion or why Ghana should be compared to Nigeria in terms of infrastructures, have you gone to Abuja? I work and live in Accra and since my stay I've realised that Ghanaians feel inferior to Nigerians which is why they don't like us. This particular project for crying out loud is a federal project and its not special. Fellow Nigerians hyping Ghana, stop it, thia is God oo

3 Likes

Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by wazobiaN9(m): 11:23am On Nov 16, 2016
fkdmods:

Really? I have worked and lived in Ghana not to talk of numerous other countries. Ghana is a zillion times safer and well structured compared to Nigeria. Guess where i built my home? And i don't even live there. That's how comfortable it is to normal people. And your defence of the cesspit called Nigeria is based on your being used to poor quality. Period.

You compared Ghana to heaven, I find that ludicrous. I guess it's safe to assume you are an atheist.. smiley
How many places outside Accra, the capital city for several decades, have you visited?

Nigeria is not a cesspit, yes many government institutions are unstructured in some parts due to poor leadership cum planning like you will find in many parts of Africa, but not that hateful derogatory description.

I believe you find Lagos chaotic, the hustle and bustle alone can get to you (it does me and many of its occupants).

To understand a people you need to understand their history. Which of the histories do you understand, Ghana and Nigeria?

Guess what, there are happy people and families a zillion times better than you in Nigeria.

Typing in a morning traffic (shrugs) from 'heaven', Accra.

* Modified: I checked now and realized your fake as.s just registered on Nairaland 2 days ago. Obviously you are a Ghanaian, and a Naija hater for sure from your smelly posts. You actually come on this Nigerian site to smear and thrash about... wrong move!!! You cannot take naija heat boy.
Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by pharmade: 11:25am On Nov 16, 2016
I saw the flyover during its construction. It's not the longest in west Africa, but it's the highest. Julius berger is duping Nigerians, compared to what the Brazilian firm that handled that project is doing. Shame to nigeria! The kano flyover is longer that that of accra.
Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by freshinko: 11:35am On Nov 16, 2016
As i'm writing dis, am at d commissioned circle interchange. The truth is that the structure is massive edifice. I commend the govt for that. But the pictures uploaded here is very far from the reality. Even the night it was commissioned, the aerial views were shown on TV as the program lasted.
Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by Eyor1(m): 11:37am On Nov 16, 2016
Wickedly wicked... .. . Beautiful.
Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by fkdmods: 11:39am On Nov 16, 2016
wazobiaN9:

You compared Ghana to heaven, I find that ludicrous. I guess it's safe to assume you are an atheist.. smiley
How many places outside Accra, the capital city for several decades, have you visited?

Nigeria is not a cesspit, yes many government institutions are unstructured in some parts due to poor leadership cum planning like you will find in many parts of Africa, but not that hateful derogatory description.

I believe you find Lagos chaotic, the hustle and bustle alone can get to you (it does me and many of its occupants).

To understand a people you need to understand their history. Which of the histories do you understand, Ghana and Nigeria?

Guess what, there are happy people and families a zillion times better than you in Nigeria.

And that is your biggest problem. Comprehension. I compared it to Nigeria. Not heaven. Smh. What a mor.on. English is not your thing. I get it. Your small mind cannot fathom what a good life is. You are talking about buildings and structure. I am talking about living a somewhat peaceful life where there is a small measure of decency. Where i don't have to wonder if tomorrow night will be my last night on earth. Also, erase that "many" out of your comment. ALL government institutions in Nigeria are unstructured and corrupt. What planet do you live in? Plus, I understand Nigeria's and Ghana's history very well. They are more similar than your small mind can comprehend. That was until Jerry Rawlings when they said "NO MORE" and wiped out all their corrupt leaders. The biggest difference between both countries is, one learns from past mistakes and the other is filled with people like you that are blind to the obvious, deny facts, and continue the rot. If your being in traffic is a determinant of what a heavenly country is or is not, then try New York or on certain days in Frankfurt, or france. Traffic is not a measure of a decent society. Unbelievable. It's like i'm trying to teach a 5 year old how to think. Smh.
Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by fkdmods: 11:49am On Nov 16, 2016
wazobiaN9:

* Modified: I checked now and realized your fake as.s just registered on Nairaland 2 days ago. Obviously you are a Ghanaian, and a Naija hater for sure from your smelly posts. You actually come on this Nigerian site to smear and thrash about... wrong move!!! You cannot take naija heat boy.

I was born in Palm Avenue. Went to Eko boys high school and University of ilorin for my first degree. I have two. M.oron.
Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by wazobiaN9(m): 11:53am On Nov 16, 2016
fkdmods:

And that is your biggest problem. Comprehension. I compared it to Nigeria. Not heaven. Smh. What a mor.on. English is not your thing. I get it. Your small mind cannot fathom what a good life is. You are talking about buildings and structure. I am talking about living a somewhat peaceful life where there is a small measure of decency. Where i don't have to wonder if tomorrow night will be my last night on earth. Also, erase that "many" out of your comment. ALL government institutions in Nigeria are unstructured and corrupt. What planet do you live in? Plus, I understand Nigeria's and Ghana's history very well. The are more similar than your small mind can comprehend. That was until Jerry Rawlings when they said "NO MORE" and wiped out all their corrupt leaders. The biggest difference between both countries is, one learns from past mistakes and the other is filled with people like you that are blind to the obvious, deny facts, and continue the rot. If your being in traffic is a determinant of what a heavenly country is or is not, then try New York or certain days in Frankfurt, or france. Traffic is not a measure of a decent society. Unbelievable. It's like i'm trying to teach a 5 year old how to think. Smh.

And you, Ghanaian boy, have saints and angels in your government institutions right? I deal with people at your ministries and there is corruption everywhere.. guess Rawlings would be sad to hear that (but he's still grappling with how to address and close the Abacha $2m gift saga with the press)

I made no mention of buildings and structures, so much for your comprehension ability. Oh by the way, just wanted to relay my location on the planet at the point of typing.. traffic in Accra is quite bearable, at least my daily route is.

And, I suspect a naija boy took something from you, a girl maybe wink

You will wither and slither away the same way you came, it's inevitable. smiley

1 Like

Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by wazobiaN9(m): 11:54am On Nov 16, 2016
fkdmods:

I was born in Palm Avenue. Went to Eko boys high school and University of ilorin for my first degree. I have two. M.oron.

.. but you are still a Ghanaian, and carry a Ghanaian passport.. right?

Simple question you cannot answer..

I see you are a braggart.. you have two.. you have this and that.. who cares. small minded brat.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by Ugosample(m): 11:57am On Nov 16, 2016
mrphilipsade:
I don't see any reason why this project should be a topic for discussion or why Ghana should be compared to Nigeria in terms of infrastructures, have you gone to Abuja? I work and live in Accra and since my stay I've realised that Ghanaians feel inferior to Nigerians which is why they don't like us. This particular project for crying out loud is a federal project and its not special. Fellow Nigerians hyping Ghana, stop it, thia is God oo

We Nigerians are the cause of it....
I have been to Abuja too, and I have to say, Abuja is solid...

But Nigerians like belittling other countries in Africa like we are any better,....
All these countries are making progress, (Nigeria also) but Nigerians should stop trying to belittle Ghana and our neighbours all the time.....

Dem dey try and we have to acknowledge it.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by fkdmods: 11:58am On Nov 16, 2016
wazobiaN9:

And you, Ghanaian boy, have saints and angels in your government institutions right? I deal with people at your ministries and there is corruption everywhere.. guess Rawlings would be sad to hear that (but he's still grappling with how to address and close the Abacha $2m gift saga with the press)

I made no mention of buildings and structures, so much for your comprehension ability. Oh by the way, just wanted to relay my location on the planet at the point of typing.. traffic in Accra is quite bearable, at least my daily route is.

And, I suspect a naija boy took something from you, a girl maybe wink

You will wither and slither away the same way you came, it's inevitable. smiley

You saying i'm Ghanaian does not make it so. I don't have to be one to appreciate good things. I love it so much i built a home there and i don't even live there or in Nigeria for that matter. If Nigeria is so awesome, why not invest your life there and stay there? Hmmm? This m.ron is going get me late for work today. Ta ta.
Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by fkdmods: 12:00pm On Nov 16, 2016
wazobiaN9:

.. but you are still a Ghanaian, and carry a Ghanaian passport.. right?

Simple question you cannot answer..

I see you are a braggart.. you have two.. you have this and that.. who cares. small minded brat.

Yes i brag. I worked for it. What do you have to show living in a country you don't really think is all that? God, i'm going to be late because of this mo.ron.
Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by wazobiaN9(m): 12:02pm On Nov 16, 2016
fkdmods:

Yes i brag. I worked for it. What do you have to show living in a country you don't really think is all that? God, i'm going to be late because of this mo.ron.

If i can make you late, means you are the mo.ron smiley
Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by fkdmods: 12:08pm On Nov 16, 2016
wazobiaN9:

If i can make you late, means you are the mo.ron smiley

Lol....that is if i do get late. It's just a 10 minute drive. Phucking m.oron.
Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by Codes151(m): 12:10pm On Nov 16, 2016
starpon1:
this is what i call classic
more reason I love gh! They don't have much like we do! But they manage it well
Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by wazobiaN9(m): 12:13pm On Nov 16, 2016
fkdmods:

Lol....that is if i do get late. It's just a 10 minute drive. Phucking m.oron.

Ode ni bobo yi sha... you are still there typing instead of getting ur bragging and sagging ass off to work?!
Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by fkdmods: 12:14pm On Nov 16, 2016
wazobiaN9:

Ode ni bobo yi sha... you are still there typing instead of getting ur bragging and sagging ass off to work?!

Typing and walking to my car mo.ron. it's called multi tasking and a cell phone. Smh. Arindi ni e.
Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by Codes151(m): 12:15pm On Nov 16, 2016
Heavance:
Finally, something to silence Nigerians and we Lagosians for a long time..... come on, I get tired seeing that Ikoyi bridge on most movies, pre-wedding pictures and season dramas.
If it were in Lagos, they will give excuse of toll gate, and even claim it is done by one party, but see, it is constructed by Ghanaian government for Ghana with a statue of Nkrumah, not constructed by one party to be showing power to a section of supporters........ we have a long way to go in Nigeria.
lagosians lol! U should hv generalized rather than specify out Lagos! Yes una internal revenue is highest! Wat if all states had access to all their resource n revenues nko? U think u will compare Lagos to ph, bayelsa or Akwa Ibom? Smh Lagosian my ass
Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by wazobiaN9(m): 12:26pm On Nov 16, 2016
fkdmods:

Typing and walking to my car mo.ron. it's called multi tasking and a cell phone. Smh. Arindi ni e.

It feels gratifying to know I put you on the edge so much that you had to keep typing non-stop as you dragged your sorry ass to the car.

Naija no dey carry last abi.. the naija you despise so much has 'tainted' your blood. Have fun boy.

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by Heavance(m): 12:32pm On Nov 16, 2016
Codes151:
lagosians lol! U should hv generalized rather than specify out Lagos! Yes una internal revenue is highest! Wat if all states had access to all their resource n revenues nko? U think u will compare Lagos to ph, bayelsa or Akwa Ibom? Smh Lagosian my ass

Come on, you sound like you hate lagosians, I am a lagosian by birth not by origin (I am from the south), I simply mentioned Lagos because of the many bridges here.
The states you mentioned are southern states, but I can tell you we are not ready to learn and lead well, yet I am not hyping any state, all I am after is when we do things for the benefit of all, not doing something and singing it out that it was done by one political party.
Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by fkdmods: 12:32pm On Nov 16, 2016
wazobiaN9:

It feels gratifying to know I put you on the edge so much that you had to keep typing non-stop as you dragged your sorry ass to the car.

Naija no dey carry last abi.. the naija you despise so much has 'tainted' your blood. Have fun boy.

em, i don't know if you know this, but multi tasking a normal occurrence in the modern age. It is what productive people do. Limiting oneself to one task at a time is not a managerial quality any company hold valuable. See, i just taught you something today. Aren't you glad you met me? cheesy Your life just got better. And i made it to work with plenty of time. If you were wondering. cool
Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by alaskido(m): 12:36pm On Nov 16, 2016
I hope Buhari is seeing this.
Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by Codes151(m): 12:40pm On Nov 16, 2016
Heavance:

Come on, you sound like you hate lagosians, I am a lagosian by birth not by origin (I am from the south), I simply mentioned Lagos because of the many bridges here.
The states you mentioned are southern states, but I can tell you we are not ready to learn and lead well, yet I am not hyping any state, all I am after is when we do things for the benefit of all, not doing something and singing it out that it was done by one political party.
if it's about learning leave that aside cuz n not compteting with u! Maybe u hv more degrees n higher ones! U specified Lagos! Out of 31 states! So bridges are only need or built in Lagos? Whether origin or birth, every state in nigeria deserves the best!
Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by Just30: 12:47pm On Nov 16, 2016
Ugosample:

But Ghana expensive o
I see pepper no be small...
yep Living in Ghana is expensive
Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by Just30: 12:55pm On Nov 16, 2016
Mbilla:
Travel some Nigerians will not travel rather they will sit in their comfort zone and be talking trash about their country. I have travelled to 15 countries in West Africa, there is no country in West Africa you can compared to Nigeria in types of anything except Ivory Coast which French called "petty paris". Other West Africas except mumu nigerians knows Ghanaians as noisy small minded people. For Christ sake Accra is the capital of Ghana and Accra have been ghana capital since independence till date. Abidjan is formal Ivory coast capital but ivory coast government left Abidjan and move the capital to Yamasoco which is the current capital of Ivory coast. Nigeria did the same Lagos to Abuja.
and you have no idea that Ghana's capital was Cape Coast before it was moved to Accra
Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by DisGuy: 12:56pm On Nov 16, 2016
LorDBolton:

Guess the definition of "truth" has changed

oh quit the sob stories .it's a hideous fence bridge

http://africanspotlight.com/2015/04/10/photos-west-africas-longest-flyover-located-in-kano-state-named-after-obasanjo/
Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by OldSkoolHeadBoy: 1:49pm On Nov 16, 2016
This is not different from what you will see if the aerial picture of Obalende/Sura/Dolphin or Iyana Oworo /Gbagada/3rd Mainland Bridge Interchanges are taken at night.

By the way, I did not see a longer bridge than 3rd Mainland Bridge as claimed in the story.

Lagos is far more beautiful at night !!!

Re: Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) by iamord(m): 3:15pm On Nov 16, 2016
Just30:
and you have no idea that Ghana's capital was Cape Coast before it was moved to Accra
its advisable that you stop trying to explain to a group morons... i mean what are you trying to explain,? a project was done for the benefit of Ghanaians... someone carried it on another countries forum and now people are helping Ghana take their own medicine..?? saying ghana is showing herself..?? so we developing to show off..??i mean?? if i should say i should start replying the stupid comments am seeing i will just waste my time .am bigger than that.. because at the end of the day ..above all the arguments.. development is happening all over and the insignificant comparison cannot affect it ..the major thing is the lives of citizens are being transformed for the better..whats my biz with all this crap talk that cant add value to life.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

My Trip From Lagos To Ethiopia, Kenya And Mauritius Island / Onitsha Niger Bridge In 1967 And 2019 (Photos) / "The Day I Left Vs Now" Transformation Of A Medical Doctor After Leaving Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.